The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(American) Football anyone? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

(American) Football anyone?

I really don't care about the NFL - far too many criminals and obnoxious brats for me - but college is another story. "Anyone but Bama" is my motto. I don't see anyone stopping them this year though, tragically the same as last year.
Old 14th September 2018
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Oh way to suck the joy out of a thread.

Old 14th September 2018
Gear Head

Let's go PATS!
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

On MNF against the Bears, Aaron Rodgers had one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. Incredible...
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
On MNF against the Bears, Aaron Rodgers had one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. Incredible...

Packers fan for 50 years or so. When I saw the look on Rodgers face as he was being carted off I was pretty sure that if he made it back out to play it was going to be clobbering time. And it was. Truly awesome!
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Steelers fan but even I was glad for the Browns!
Old 23rd September 2018
Lives for gear

Crazy week; ODU beats Virginia Tech lol - and Army came SO close to beating #5 Sooners! And anyone catch the Stanford v Oregon game? wow
Old 26th September 2018
Here for the gear

Anyone Manchester United fans here?
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Probably not as we're talking American football Guess I should've been more specific in the title!

And how about those Lions We all know it's only a blip on the radar but still
Old 26th September 2018
Skins fan here as I grew up in DC, although I am supposed to root for the Broncos now..
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Because? I lived outside of Dallas for several years; remained an avid Cowgirl hater.
Old 26th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by samui View Post
I'm afraid they aren't talking about real football^^. I'm personally a PSG fan. I also think Mourinho will get sacked in the end of the season.
Old 26th September 2018
Here for the gear

If we talk about football, I can say that I am fan of Manchester United. Sometimes I suppoort my favourite team in Old Trafford stadium. From to time it is a bit hard to buy tickets for game. But one of my friends recommended me to use official website for searching them. Next time i want to take tour and visit museum of manchester united, many interesting facts about my favourtie club i found here
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Any one not follow sports but collect footballs because they are cheaper then preamps?
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

KC is the prohibitive favorite.

Patrick Mahomes is the new 'it', and Andy Reid's offense seems unstoppable.

The mauling they laid on the Niners was beyond impressive. It reminded me of when Mike Martz first came into prominence with Kurt Warner - defenses looked scared and helpless.
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear
If there was a first half Super Bowl, the Raiders would be contenders. The glass is literally half full, but it’s the wrong half!
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
If there was a first half Super Bowl, the Raiders would be contenders. The glass is literally half full, but it’s the wrong half!
The Raiders won't be competitive until they get a new owner. You can't compete in the league if you aren't willing to pay your best player.
Old 26th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Because? I lived outside of Dallas for several years; remained an avid Cowgirl hater.
just kidding of course. you can only have one football team for life.
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
The Raiders won't be competitive until they get a new owner. You can't compete in the league if you aren't willing to pay your best player.
Best DEFENSIVE player, yes. Mack is good for five or ten very good defensive plays per game. But on perhaps 25% of defensive plays the action goes directly to the other side on a run, pitch or quick pass. Chicago has lost with him and the Raiders have lost with and without him. Any player who is not a franchise quarterback does not turn a winner into a loser by leaving or being injured. But it does look like they have decided the next five years trump (sorry) this year.
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by samui View Post
Your talking about proper football, the beautiful game. They're all talking about American football.
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHall View Post
Your talking about proper football, the beautiful game. They're all talking about American football.
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ha, now don't make me pull up some American football injury shenanigans...
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHall View Post
Ha, now don't make me pull up some American football injury shenanigans...
I quite enjoyed the WC this year...
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I quite enjoyed the WC this year...
Yea it was a great tournament, was really hoping for Iceland but FR outright owned it. I was just poking fun earlier. Being american and living abroad for much of my life, I've just gravitated back to Premier football.
Totally different games and totally different principles of what is sport.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Those of you talking about soccer, note the thread title and feel free to start up your own thread.

Back to real football...

I wouldn't coronate KC just yet, Mahomes is amazing and I'd love to see it but we're only 3 games in.

Alabama is another story. SO sick of them! Is this what we have to endure yet another year.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Life long Eagles fan, became a fan because of R. Cunningham, man was just electric with the ball in his hand.

Dont watch college because the football oriented schools will always attract the best talent. Why go to UTEP and never be on TV if you are trying to make a career out of it when you could go to Ohio State, Alabama, FSU, Arkansas etc.etc. Its not a fair run and thats why the big schools always end up in the championship, at least the NFL has the Cap which everyone abides by because if you dont, you will lose draft picks.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Those of you talking about soccer, note the thread title and feel free to start up your own thread.

Back to real football...

I wouldn't coronate KC just yet, Mahomes is amazing and I'd love to see it but we're only 3 games in.

Alabama is another story. SO sick of them! Is this what we have to endure yet another year.
"Real Football"?........perhaps check the dates as to when the first 'American football' game was played? Then compare that to the first game of football (What you would refer to as soccer) in the UK.

You'll be suggesting that 'Rounders' should be called 'Baseball' next.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
"Real Football"?........perhaps check the dates as to when the first 'American football' game was played? Then compare that to the first game of football (What you would refer to as soccer) in the UK.

You'll be suggesting that 'Rounders' should be called 'Baseball' next.
REAL FOOTBALL

YouTube
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Very impressive.....but I didn't see him using his feet, or foot, much in relation to the ball.....So, I repeat. "Real Football"?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search