The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(American) Football anyone? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by f33 View Post
one play doesnt change the game enough to equal the reason why the saints loss. Saints had bad clock mgmt down the stretch. the first play of that drive they throw a quick slant incompletion in about 4 seconds. they should have been running out the clock literally by running.

ironically
Angry Rams fans have started a petition to get ref removed from NFC Championship game and here’s why - CBSSports.com
Were they not positioned to win the game given the correct call on this blatant foul?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So, basically, we have 2 cheaters vying for the title. Oh goody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I don't think they will ever be free from Deflate Gate criticism.

I still root for them though.
ha - understood, it's your team. It's a shame though. BB and Brady are both good enough that the cheating wasn't necessary.

Or was it? Sadly we will never know, and all their wins and SB titles will be forever tarnished and there will always be this implied asterisk next to those wins. They're like the Barry Bonds of the NFL.
Old 4 weeks ago
f33
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Were they not positioned to win the game given the correct call on this blatant foul?
he could have dropped it, no one knows what could or would have happened.

bottom line is they could have stopped the rams from tying with a 48 yd field goal.

brees could have not thrown an int, and again they could have stopped them from getting a 58 yd field goal.

that wasnt the only bad call in that game on either side.

Sucks when people have to be sore losers
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
he could have dropped it, no one knows what could or would have happened.

bottom line is they could have stopped the rams from tying with a 48 yd field goal.

brees could have not thrown an int, and again they could have stopped them from getting a 58 yd field goal.

that wasnt the only bad call in that game on either side.

Sucks when people have to be sore losers
And you could have answered the question that I asked.

I give credit to the Rams in several posts.
If discussing the game with you means being a sore loser, Cool, I won't discuss it with you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

And you haven't addressed that fact that playing in that noise and that atmosphere in your dome was brutal.

The fact that they could stay in the game at all, let alone win in those conditions shows they really were the better team and should do better than the Saints against the Patriots, i.m.o.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
And you haven't addressed that fact that playing in that noise and that atmosphere in your dome was brutal.

The fact that they could stay in the game at all, let alone win in those conditions shows they really were the better team and should do better than the Saints against the Patriots, i.m.o.
I hadn't addressed it cause I didn't think I needed to. You're basically talking about why teams play for home field advantage. Staying in an away game in a dome doesn't show that you're the better team. I heard you say that about the Vikings and I didn't comment. Brutal was the late hit on Farve and the interference against the Saints. Dome noise is dome noise imo. I don't see it as brutal. It leads to a few penalties from miscommunication, but you adjust your game through the course of the game. I'd much rather play in a loud dome than a cold Winter in Philly , ChI, or NY.

Football is a game of match-ups It's impossible to say who'd be better against the Pats without looking at match-ups.

For example, I think the Saints could beat the Eagles and Rams, but even if you gave us back a healthy Sheldon Rankins, Ben Watson, Kirkwood and a few others, I think we would have hell with a healthy Bears team.

We were clearly a better team than Philly imo. But they beat the Bears, and I honestly can't say I'd feel good about a Saints vs. Bears matchup
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'd much rather play in a loud dome than a cold Winter in Philly , ChI, or NY.
But that is equal for both teams.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
But that is equal for both teams.
I see your point, but when you put a dome team in the cold, you put them there with a team that accustomed to playing in the cold.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 01:53 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I expect the league to have a talk with Todd G.
Redirect Notice
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

What comes around ...

Quote:
Some weren't that bad, but there were like 3 really bad roughing the passer calls that were never called. I have more of a problem with the refs in general than the money.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What comes around ...

BS. The team was broken up, coaches suspended, and draft picks taken, for running a financial incentive program that season.
You're bringing up vids from 10 years ago.
Today is a different day with different rules for who can be hit and how.. Now you're saying play by those rules and it's OK to have a game stolen from you. Because it's "what goes around"
Just say you wanted revenge. I'll be OK with that, but you can never play the offended sports fan role from here forward.

You can't play both sides. Players don't control how refs call games. Either you're all offended by committing fouls intentionally and saying the ref has to catch me or you're not. You complained right on this forum at if it was sinful, but now you talk about karma being a bitch and how much better your team is.

Essentially, your OK with blatant fouls in any era including today's era of protect the QB and defenseless receiver if it gets your team a win.

So clutching your pearls and acting offended in a game where people get hit is off limits to you from here forward.

Your 10 yr old videos don't show how the entire game was being called. To only show hits on Farve is like me putting together a video of the face mask on Brees in the last interception, the pass interference in the Saints possession before the one everyone is discussing and every other no call from the Rams game, but none of them deserve mention, they show how the game was called loosely. It's easy to paint a picture by only showing one side of no calls.

But 2009 was a different era in the sport and you ignore that.

And you're willing 10 yrs later with different rules to ignore what is probably the single most blatant no call in this or any era to keep your team alive.

After doing this you don't get to gloat about karma and act offended by fouls.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 4 weeks ago at 02:16 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

After doing this you don't get to gloat about karma
I "don't get to"?

Sure I do.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I "don't get to"?

Sure I do.
OK, now THAT was funny.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I "don't get to"?

Sure I do.
I watched that game again. On the Saints possession before the blatant no call, there was a pass interference that wasn't called. So, 3 possessions in a row, there's pass interference. We all know about the blatant no call.

Watch the interception play. Tell me what you see just before the interception is caught. (And no Dante Fowler couldn't tip the ball, both of his hands are on Drew Brees face mask).

Did Rams-Saints refs miss another pass interference on interception?

Also, nobody can truly say Payton had bad clock mgt. He called a play that would put a receiver in the endzone alone if not for an out of position player committing a blatant and intentional PI.

You don't try to run against 9 in a box, you audible out of it.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 01:56 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Detroit Lions LB Trevor Bates arrested in New York

That is one hangover he won't be forgetting.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Detroit Lions LB Trevor Bates arrested in New York

That is one hangover he won't be forgetting.
Sounds like roid rage.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

...in any case, I think The Rams got this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

New Orleans Saints bounty is just a part of the game | Patrick Hruby | Sport | The Guardian

Looking back at the 2009 hits, I ran across this article. It's pretty much how I feel on the brutality of the game and bounty bets/office pools for hits.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Nickell Robey-Coleman Isn't Going to Hold Back Now

Quote:
National outrage around his name. Death threats. Facing the GOAT in the Super Bowl. B/R had to know: How's the suddenly infamous Rams CB handling it all? The answer: He's reveling in it.

Quote:
"We outplayed them. We out-schemed them. And we outcoached them. ... The Saints need to hold themselves accountable. They did not play championship football. Their numbers were low. Michael Thomas had 36 yards receiving. They had 50 yards rushing. They didn't capitalize on the turnovers we made early. We capitalized on the breaks we got at the end."

No doubt.

Go Rams!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No doubt.
I think he has a right to that opinion, but he should also say they were lucky, because without that blown non call, they would have lost.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I think he has a right to that opinion, but he should also say they were lucky, because without that blown non call, they would have lost.
There was also the pass interference and face mask no call on the OT interception.

Though people quote the Stats, the Rams were outplayed. The Saints controlled both the ball and the clock at the end of regulation and SP drew up a play that was putting a man near the endzone alone. It took the most blatant no call in NFL history in a game where 4 referees had lived in the LA area for them to win.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
With all of that it took a helmet to helmet pass interference for them to win? Yeah OK.

Saints were outplayed by a team that couldn't beat them and 4refs from Cali..

Four Referees in Controversial Rams/Saints Game Have Ties to Southern California | Complex

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 07:05 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Lot's of uncalled facemasks on the Saints, I saw the game.

Anyway Rams won, they're in the game.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lot's of uncalled facemasks on the Saints, I saw the game.

Anyway Rams won, they're in the game.
Well, I can't say I'm surprised by your comments or you posting a link to a guy bragging on his intentional helmet to helmet with no call, given the fact that if they lose you can just move to a new town and pick another team.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Saints were outplayed by a team that couldn't beat them and 4refs from Cali..
...and now, to rub salt on the wound, the Lakers want to steal AD from the Pelicans. A lot of LA/SOCAL animus in NOLA I imagine.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
...and now, to rub salt on the wound, the Lakers want to steal AD from the Pelicans. A lot of LA/SOCAL animus in NOLA I imagine.
Bball is way different. Small market teams have a rough road to travel. I don't blame AD or Boogie Cousins for getting out.

Report: Saints ownership a factor in Anthony Davis wanting out of New Orleans

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 06:00 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bball is way different. Small market teams have a rough road to travel. I don't blame AD or Boogie Cousins for getting out.

Report: Saints ownership a factor in Anthony Davis wanting out of New Orleans
Being a small market never hurt San Antonio's success over the last two decades. OKC right now is very viable, and one of the few teams to have an actual shot this year.

In any case, Boogie didn't choose to leave, he got hurt and no one would sign him except for the Dubs. It's unfortunate because he and AD were playing very well together, and surely if he didn't get hurt he and AD both would have signed for the max, and would have been cornerstones for a franchise sorely in need of stability and a chance at the title.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Being a small market never hurt San Antonio's success over the last two decades. OKC right now is very viable, and one of the few teams to have an actual shot this year.

In any case, Boogie didn't choose to leave, he got hurt and no one would sign him except for the Dubs. It's unfortunate because he and AD were playing very well together, and surely if he didn't get hurt he and AD both would have signed for the max, and would have been cornerstones for a franchise sorely in need of stability and a chance at the title.
While you did name two small markets, they are different economically from New Orleans. I should have clarified my original statement a bit.

Overall, I agree with you, if Boogie didn't get hurt, we'd be competing. Are you sure he didn't choose to leave?
Old 2 weeks ago
f33
Gear Addict

sa and okc were just lucky. not saying they are bad franchises, but luck

anyway, GO Rams, i hope NO fans keep bitching like bitches forever
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
sa and okc were just lucky. not saying they are bad franchises, but luck

anyway, GO Rams, i hope NO fans keep bitching like bitches forever
No Rams only Patriots!

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search