The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(American) Football anyone? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
  #211
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

And Brady gets a phantom Roughing the passer call lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #212
The Patriots need to be Superbowl champions again.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #213
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
And Brady gets a phantom Roughing the passer call lol.
Happens every year like clockwork. Whenever they are losing in a big game there is always a big phantom call that helps them get back in it. Same bs last year.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #214
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
Happens every year like clockwork. Whenever they are losing in a big game there is always a big phantom call that helps them get back in it. Same bs last year.
That wasn't a great call, but Brady was hit on the facemask, so the ref thought it was worse than it was. I think the problem is with that penalty in general. There were several calls like that this season when the hand just brushed the helmet. BTW - Edelman was leveled on that pick and it should have been called. It was a bad day for the refs.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #215
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Who dat?

Old 3 weeks ago
  #216
Lives for gear
 

Definitely a bad day for refs.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #217
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post

They're calling it a "bad outcome."
I'd call it a good outcome!

There were also a couple of facemasks that the Saints got away with.

How any team could have won with the noise the Saint's fans were making is pretty amazing, they are good fans, gotta give them that.

But that the Rams pulled this off in that nightmarish environment is proof to how good they are. I hope they hand Brady and company their asses!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #218
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
That was a great game!

Rams all the way. Great time to have come back to LA.
You do realize the Saints would pick them apart right? If you're going to change teams, you should probably go with the one that will win.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #219
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
The Patriots need to be Superbowl champions again.
Yeah and Hitler needs to come back from the dead and lead a revolution.

Anyone who thinks BB and/or Brady didn't sell their souls to the devil needs to think one more time. They also need their heads examined. The Cheatriots are like a bad cold.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #220
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Brady is amazing...the dude is an assassin, with ice water in his veins. You saw at the end of regulation Belichick losing it and chucking his clipboard. Brady was cool as a cucumber. Regardless of the outcome of SB53, this further cements his GOAT status.

Now, go Rams! (which is a hard thing for a Niner fan to say)
Old 3 weeks ago
  #221
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Brady is amazing...the dude is an assassin, with ice water in his veins. You saw at the end of regulation Belichick losing it and chucking his clipboard. Brady was cool as a cucumber. Regardless of the outcome of SB53, this further cements his GOAT status.
Only for fools who think # of SB titles = "GOAT" I might buy that for BB - if he hadn't cheated that is - but Brady? lol. Please. He is a very good QB made to look better by the system he's in.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #222
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Only for fools who think # of SB titles = "GOAT" I might buy that for BB - if he hadn't cheated that is - but Brady? lol. Please. He is a very good QB made to look better by the system he's in.
There must be a lot of fools then, because that's the consensus.

I'm not a fan of his, nor the Pats btw...to paraphrase your own words, anybody but a fool would give him his due by now.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #223
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I'd call it a good outcome!

There were also a couple of facemasks that the Saints got away with.

How any team could have won with the noise the Saint's fans were making is pretty amazing, they are good fans, gotta give them that.

But that the Rams pulled this off in that nightmarish environment is proof to how good they are. I hope they hand Brady and company their asses!
You can't be serious. There was more than one PI not called and I figured oh well, it happens, But, that was a blatant penalty that changed the outcome, and you're OK with it ?

Through out this thread, you've rooted against the Saints and for multiple other teams. I get it, you root for multiple teams depending on where you live, and mysteriously in a single season. But this?

Based on a history of discussions, I figured you just didn't like the Saints, but at least the Minneapolis miracle was a real loss. It was a fluke lucky play, but the Saints lost fair and square. They got beat. This is the ref crew extending play on what's being called the most blatant non call in league history as they positioned to control the clock against another team with a strong offense. Here, the officials are apologising on game day to the coach, the league's head official is saying "Oh, im not sure, I didn't watch that play " and you're here talking smack on that?

Seriously? The league called the coach to basically say, yes we robbed you, my bad.

And you're OK with talking smack on that?

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 12:05 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #224
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofolk View Post
That wasn't a great call, but Brady was hit on the facemask, so the ref thought it was worse than it was. I think the problem is with that penalty in general. There were several calls like that this season when the hand just brushed the helmet. BTW - Edelman was leveled on that pick and it should have been called. It was a bad day for the refs.
Brady is a great player, but that call was clearly bad. He wasn't hit on the face mask. The guy hit him on the shoulder.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 10:52 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #225
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Whenever the 1&2 seeds play a game, you expect it to come down to the wire. Both are obviously great teams. But, when you see the refs allow a play where the defender even admits "yes I interfered, because I had no choice" and the league allows a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless player to go uncalled, the league loses credibility.[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/sVoyHBjGtvU/YOUTUBE]
Old 3 weeks ago
  #226
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Whenever the 1&2 seeds play a game, you expect it to come down to the wire. Both are obviously great teams. But, when you see the refs allow a play where the defender even admits "yes I interfered, because I had no choice" and the league allows a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless player to go uncalled on a play that would have most likely decided the game if called correctly, the league loses credibility.


Old 3 weeks ago
  #227
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
...the league loses credibility.
That ship sailed multiple times awhile ago, or rather never had any to begin with, being as it may it being a cartel, which unilaterally and often untowardly acts for financial gain and beneficial political/labor/regulatory opportunities for its members(owners) against its employees (players and staff) and localities that it plays for.

In any case, that blown PI call - it literally is the worst non-call in the history of the NFL all told, given the stakes and how blatant and obvious the penalty was. I mean, what even comes a close second? The NFL, should have a mechanism to be able to not allow for such a travesty.

NFL, doing NFL things...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #228
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
That ship sailed multiple times awhile ago, or rather never had any to begin with, being as it may it being a cartel, which unilaterally and often untowardly acts for financial gain and beneficial political/labor/regulatory opportunities for its members(owners) against its employees (players and staff) and localities that it plays for.

In any case, that blown PI call - it literally is the worst non-call in the history of the NFL all told, given the stakes and how blatant and obvious the penalty was. I mean, what even comes a close second? The NFL, should have a mechanism to be able to not allow for such a travesty.

NFL, doing NFL things...
This is when you know it's bad.

Rams' Todd Gurley has some Instagram fun at officials' expense


It's funny as hell though. Lol

2 refs from LA. Another played for the Rams.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 03:12 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #229
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
There must be a lot of fools then,
Now you got it.

As for the NFL losing credibility, as someone else said, that ship sailed long ago...any league which doesn't just tolerate but glorifies thugs and assorted circus clown aholes has IMO very little credibility.

As for the PI call, ridiculous. Nothing worse than a ref influencing/deciding the outcome of a game so blatantly.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Yeah and Hitler needs to come back from the dead and lead a revolution.

Anyone who thinks BB and/or Brady didn't sell their souls to the devil needs to think one more time. They also need their heads examined. The Cheatriots are like a bad cold.
I don't think they will ever be free from Deflate Gate criticism.

I still root for them though.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #231
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post

Through out this thread, you've rooted against the Saints and for multiple other teams. I get it, you root for multiple teams depending on where you live, and mysteriously in a single season. But this?


Mysterious? Two teams, one is the Vikings that was always my team. I grew up there. And I live in LA now so of course I root for my home town team. This is a problem for you?

You act so outraged that a non call could cost the game? Yet you've never had any problem with the non call that cost the Vikings the game that would have sent them to the Super Bowl instead of the Saints!

A non call so obviously blatant, those non called actions led to fines and banishment of the guilty players and coaches from the league for a time.

We all saw it. End of the game, Favre about to win it so the Saints players knock him to the ground and STOMP HIM. THIS is what they resorted to for winning that game. And the refs looked the other way. WE ALL SAW IT.

And in that case the Vikings were the visiting team that had to put up with all that noise and STILL technically won the game. Obviously proving they were the better team.

But ya, NOW you're outraged.

Karma's a bitch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
And you're OK with talking smack on that?
LOL

Were talking sports, everyone talks smack.

And the Rams won!

It's only a game. I hope you have a happy MLK day.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #232
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
You act so outraged that a non call could cost the game? Yet you've never had any problem with the non call that cost the Vikings the game that would have sent them to the Super Bowl instead of the Saints!

A non call so obviously blatant, those non called actions led to fines and banishment of the guilty players and coaches from the league for a time.

We all saw it. End of the game, Favre about to win it so the Saints players knock him to the ground and STOMP HIM. THIS is what they resorted to for winning that game. And the refs looked the other way. WE ALL SAW IT.
I had a problem with that. It was blatant, but still borderline with the rules at that time, and definitely not as obvious as the one yesterday. The outrage exacerbated when Bountygate was exposed soon there-afterward.

They were both flagrantly bad non-calls, but not equal in terms of the impact on the outcome of the game. If Farve gets the call, the Vike's chances go up significantly, but not necessarily a certainty to win, whereas, if the Saints get that call, it's basically a certainty they win.

In either case, both unfair for the fanbase that got screwed. It seems silly for fans to use something like this to dis each other...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #233
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

I wish American football had the same kind of camera coverage and replays and arcane rules and clock stoppage as the other kind of football. Now, every effing pass play gets more analysis than the Zapruder Film. On the other hand, more time to pee and hit the fridge.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #234
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I had a problem with that. It was blatant, but still borderline with the rules at that time, and definitely not as obvious as the one yesterday.
Within the rules? Physically assaulting an opposing player with the intent (successfully) of causing the player serious harm was within the rules?

Come on.

And it wasn't just one play. The refs let them do it for an extended period of time, undoubtedly changed the outcome of that game.

Refs obviously on the bountygate payroll too.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #235
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Within the rules? Physically assaulting an opposing player with the intent (successfully) of causing the player serious harm was within the rules?

Come on.

And it wasn't just one play. The refs let them do it for an extended period of time, undoubtedly changed the outcome of that game.

Refs obviously on the bountygate payroll too.
Yeah, at that time it was the judgement of the refs to issue what would be roughing the passer or unsportsmanlike penalty.

They've changed the rules since, where now, what Greg Williams' defense did to Farve would automatically lead to penalties and possibly ejections.

Also, there's not been any substantiation of refs being in on it...if there are any, you should post it.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #236
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Within the rules? Physically assaulting an opposing player with the intent (successfully) of causing the player serious harm was within the rules?

Come on.

And it wasn't just one play. The refs let them do it for an extended period of time, undoubtedly changed the outcome of that game.

Refs obviously on the bountygate payroll too.
You ever play ball? I had the intent to knock a guy into next week every time I hit him. So, stop pretending football is soft on intent to kill someone. You hit the guy so he thinks twice about the hit the next time you're close to him.

The Saints weren't excessively flagged that season, and they hit between the whistles. Bountygate wasn't about that game, it was about that season, and the Saints were hitting players legally. The big deal with bountygate was the financial incentive system and it was continued after the league was involved.


There was a late hit on Farve after he threw an interception that should have been flagged. Imo But the refs let both teams be physical and called that game loosely. The hit came after the interception and didn't cause it. It had the potential to alter the game, but it wasn't out of line for how that game was called on both teams. Had the refs been calling the game differently, you'd have to change not just that play, but the entire game.

I can see why you'd feel as you do as a fan. I understand your dislike for the Saints, but what happened yesterday isn't the same, and I realize nothing I type will make you see that.

Let's for your sake pretend a no call that could have possibly brought a play back in an era before the league was protecting Qbs is equivalent to a player being hit helmet to helmet, as a defenseless receiver in this era.

And since you think it's equivalent, let's pretend this is something that happened then too..

New Jersey sportsbook refunds Saints bets over uncalled penalty | nola.com

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 3 weeks ago at 09:14 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #237
f33
Gear Addict
 

blew dat
Old 3 weeks ago
  #238
f33
Gear Addict
 

one play doesnt change the entire game. saints had several chances that they blew starting with the gurley interception and fg.

they had plenty of chances to win, now hail the L.A. Rams as youR conference champion! and for the next 4 years ! MNFLGA
Old 3 weeks ago
  #239
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by f33 View Post
one play doesnt change the entire game. saints had several chances that they blew starting with the gurley interception and fg.

they had plenty of chances to win, now hail the L.A. Rams as youR conference champion! and for the next 4 years ! MNFLGA
You can say one play doesn't change an entire game, but in this case it did. Hats off to the Rams, they played a good game. But the Saints didn't need plenty of chances to win. They were controlling the clock and the win here. Looking at the rest of the game only says the teams were closely matched as you'd expect from a 1&2 seed.

This play didn't guarantee a Rams win, but its pretty safe to say it took away a Saints win that was close too guaranteed. The refs clearly altered the outcome in the most blatant way I've ever seen in the history of football..

There's no grey area here. The defender said he interfered purposely because the guy was open. He was there at least a whole second before the ball, he face guarded the guy, and he hit him helmet to helmet. I've never known the league to be apologizing to a coach for a game altering call, less than an hour after a game. I've never seen a player trade ******* with a ref after a similar situation.
Watch these angles and tell me it wasn't an intentional helmet hit with an intentional no call.



NFL playoffs 2019: New videos of infamous Rams-Saints 'no-call' make play look even worse | NFL | Sporting News
Old 3 weeks ago
  #240
f33
Gear Addict
 

one play doesnt change the game enough to equal the reason why the saints loss. Saints had bad clock mgmt down the stretch. the first play of that drive they throw a quick slant incompletion in about 4 seconds. they should have been running out the clock literally by running.

ironically
Angry Rams fans have started a petition to get ref removed from NFC Championship game and here’s why - CBSSports.com
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump