The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(American) Football anyone? Condenser Microphones
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Yes, back in the day they would just stomp on the quarterback and make sure he was hurting and the refs would just yawn. Not that far back, like 10 years.

Made it hard to score a lot of points.
I said nothing about stomping a quarterback, so save your hardcore hyperbole, and your bs past references to help harden your soft team.

Then, when they lose you can pick a new team to follow (yet again).

Go tell the 78 Steelers they should have gone light on the QB.

Take away the hitting and you have games where teams score more. A man who just got his block knocked off going across the middle thinks long and hard before doing it again.

I like that we will have fewer concussions now, and I understand why the game needed to change, I don't agree with comparing stats now to stats then and saying these are the best of all times. We don't know what the numbers would be if those guys weren't getting hit.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
This is probably the last day this season when I can say, “The Raiders could break even this year.”
But I can’t say it with a straight face.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
This is probably the last day this season when I can say, “The Raiders could break even this year.”
You mean like they won't be in debt?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
You mean like they won't be in debt?
No, in theory they could still avoid a losing season.
They’ve done an amazing job of lowering their debt. If that’s the point of pro football, go Raiders!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The straight face goes out the door once they're in Vegas.

I don't think straight face connotes with a circus in a dumpster fire. Gruden in clown-face might be an appropriate look...
Old 2 weeks ago
How's about....Canadian football?

Today's the championship game (Grey Cup), and my home team is playing Calgary.

All the pundits are picking Calgary, but we beat them in O/T two years ago, and Calgary has lost the last two Grey Cups. I'm stoked!

If you don't know, the Canadian game is similar, but quite different to the U.S. game. The much bigger field, only three downs, and one extra player make a big difference. All small-market teams, with a lot less money involved. I love it- even more than hockey.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, in theory they could still avoid a losing season. !
I was kidding. The upshot is they will get one heck of a good #1 pick next year.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Yes, back in the day they would just stomp on the quarterback and make sure he was hurting and the refs would just yawn. Not that far back, like 10 years.

Made it hard to score a lot of points.
Read the quotes on this page and see what football players think about trying to stop the other team. The game ain't got the timid.

Edit: It helps if I actually provide the link lol.

Dallas Cowboys' DeMarcus Lawrence unconcerned New Orleans Saints offensive line

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 1 week ago at 04:13 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Read the quotes on this page and see what football players think about trying to stop the other team. The game ain't got the timid.

Edit: It helps if I actually provide the link lol.

Dallas Cowboys' DeMarcus Lawrence unconcerned New Orleans Saints offensive line
Good game Cowboys, rough game refs.

d rather lose now than down the stretch, but now I have to hear from Cowboys fans all week lol.
Old 1 week ago
f33
Gear Maniac

the cowboys???
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by f33 View Post
the cowboys???
I had a hunch either they'd win, or we'd win by a field goal in a low scoring game. The play gets a bit more dirty this time of the season. You don't win pretty when you get closer to having something on the line and it's a must win for one or both teams.

Any given Sunday it can happen, it's a game of matchups. If they win a few games, we'll see them again. A road to being Superbowl champs probably goes through them and the Rams again for the Saints.

I don't think Carolina will lay down and die 2x either, and the Bucs beat the Saints early this season, I think they'll play that one like a grudge match.

A bit of home cooking doesn't hurt either:

The refs called this a first down at a crucial point in the Cowboys-Saints game (seriously) - Golf Digest

All's fair in football. Hopefully, they play again this year.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 1 week ago at 11:42 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Holy hell. How about the condensed version for those of us playing at home.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Holy hell. How about the condensed version for those of us playing at home.
I deleted that link. It looks normal when you copy it and when it posts it looks like a long paragraph. The link was to a page showing the no call on an obvious helmet to helmet hit on Alvin Kamara.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I guessed that but couldn't resist a comment lol
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search