The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(American) Football anyone? Pitch & Harmony Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
  #61
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Wow. Why don't we just hand Alabama the trophy now...I don't think there's any team who can hang with them. Every time I see an alleged contender (Georgia, Ohio St, whoever) they sure don't look the part.

On the plus side, Nebraska is 0-6
Georgia has a tough enough time with LSU.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #62
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Man, the Niners suck...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #63
Lives for gear
 

You're surprised? They are down to their backup QB, although IMO Bethard isn't bad. Definitely not going far this year though.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #64
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
You're surprised? They are down to their backup QB, although IMO Bethard isn't bad. Definitely not going far this year though.
You don't say.
Thanks Sherlock...

They just basically gave away a game they had won, Aaron Rodgers or not.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #65
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

12, you cant be mad man, they gave it a hell of an effort. But you cant ever let Rodgers have the ball with any time left on the clock. He is seriously is the best QB of all time.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #66
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
12, you cant be mad man, they gave it a hell of an effort. But you cant ever let Rodgers have the ball with any time left on the clock. He is seriously is the best QB of all time.
I ain't mad in the least.

You nailed it - you can't ever let Rodgers have the ball with any time left on the clock. The play calling near the end of the game by Shanahan when they were up by 7 with a little more than 3 minutes left was atrocious. He called a couple of pass plays that were incomplete, thus stopping the clock. You have to run it, force GB to call timeouts...at worst, if Rodgers gets the ball back, it'll be a tie, so live to fight again in OT.

As a Niners fan, taking the long view, since they aren't going to win the SB this year, I don't mind the loss. It gives them a better chance at the #1 pick.

The Niners' season was over before the season began when their prized FA RB signing, Jerick McKinnon, was injured and ruled out for the year.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
You don't say.
Thanks Sherlock...
I do say. You're welcome Einstein.

As you say, it's really more about getting a high draft pick now.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #68
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
12, you cant be mad man, they gave it a hell of an effort. But you cant ever let Rodgers have the ball with any time left on the clock. He is seriously is the best QB of all time.
Best of all time? Rodgers? Really? He'd probably pick Drew Brees
Old 4 weeks ago
  #69
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I ain't mad in the least.

You nailed it - you can't ever let Rodgers have the ball with any time left on the clock. The play calling near the end of the game by Shanahan when they were up by 7 with a little more than 3 minutes left was atrocious. He called a couple of pass plays that were incomplete, thus stopping the clock. You have to run it, force GB to call timeouts...at worst, if Rodgers gets the ball back, it'll be a tie, so live to fight again in OT.

As a Niners fan, taking the long view, since they aren't going to win the SB this year, I don't mind the loss. It gives them a better chance at the #1 pick.

The Niners' season was over before the season began when their prized FA RB signing, Jerick McKinnon, was injured and ruled out for the year.
I dont think McKinnom is that good honestly. But FA didnt have a lot of good RB going into FA. I agree the play calling wasnt the best at the end. Plus you were running the ball pretty well all game to not continue to eat up the clock. I would go big WR to compliment Goodwin in the draft, its probably one of the only things you are missing besides O lineman.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #70
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Best of all time? Rodgers? Really? He'd probably pick Drew Brees
I like Brees cuz hes accurate as hell, probably most accurate in the league next to Brady, but Rodgers just has that improve play extension that makes him special. Brees is a product of Sean Payton just like Brady is a product of Bellichick. McCarthy didnt make Rodgers, he just extends plays with his feet and knows how to look off safeties and how to throw his receivers open. Perfect example was the last touchdown by Rodgers to Adams, i mean just over the CBs fingertips into Adams hands in the corner of the endzone. Dude is a once in a lifetime player. All this from an Eagles fan.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #71
Lives for gear
 

It is amazing to me how often teams will try to give away a game, almost as if they really don't want to win. Penn St did it today against Indiana, winning despite themselves, and now Purdue making sure Ohio St still has a chance...Ohio St with 4th and 5 and what does Purdue do? Not only do they allow the first, they have NOBODY deep and give Ohio St an easy AND quick score so they're still in it.

Edit: like I was saying, Purdue has this locked up lol. Fortunately for them Ohio St just wasn't in the mood to win. Just as well I didn't think they were serious contenders anyway. Really Clemson is the only team with a prayer of stopping another Alabama title but that is highly unlikely as well.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #72
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
I like Brees cuz hes accurate as hell, probably most accurate in the league next to Brady, but Rodgers just has that improve play extension that makes him special. Brees is a product of Sean Payton just like Brady is a product of Bellichick. McCarthy didnt make Rodgers, he just extends plays with his feet and knows how to look off safeties and how to throw his receivers open. Perfect example was the last touchdown by Rodgers to Adams, i mean just over the CBs fingertips into Adams hands in the corner of the endzone. Dude is a once in a lifetime player. All this from an Eagles fan.
That's some new stat ya got there, who made the QB?

There's no way I'd pick Rodgers over Brees as best of all time. But since my Saints just beat the Ravens, 2 words. Who & Dat!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #73
Lives for gear
 

Watched the end of the Redskins/Cowboys. Wow those 2 suck lol - that has became maybe the weakest division in the NFL
Old 3 weeks ago
  #74
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
That's some new stat ya got there, who made the QB?

There's no way I'd pick Rodgers over Brees as best of all time. But since my Saints just beat the Ravens, 2 words. Who & Dat!
And since my Eagles lost i think that is a wrap for them this season. Saints look good honestly i cant even hate on that. Rams played the 9ers so im putting no stock into that but they look strong. Saints Rams and maybe vikings will make the push. NFC is pure garbage right now. Eagles should push for Bell an go all in.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #75
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

I got here just in time. Ram's looking awesome, they're my team now.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #76
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
And since my Eagles lost i think that is a wrap for them this season. Saints look good honestly i cant even hate on that. Rams played the 9ers so im putting no stock into that but they look strong. Saints Rams and maybe vikings will make the push. NFC is pure garbage right now. Eagles should push for Bell an go all in.
I'm not counting the Eagles out.

Up till the 4th quarter, it was an utterly dominant performance by the Eagle's D - I mean, it was punt after punt after punt after punt after punt, etc.

I think the NFC is a tossup, more so than the AFC, where it looks like either the Pats or KC look to be top dogs.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #77
f33
Gear Maniac
 

spoiler alert : rams win sb
Old 3 weeks ago
  #78
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
And since my Eagles lost i think that is a wrap for them this season.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #79
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Yeah, I dont see us bouncing back.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #80
Lives for gear
 

Because?

They're 3-4 in a weak division. Hell a weak conference. Playoffs are still well within sight.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #81
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Because?

They're 3-4 in a weak division. Hell a weak conference. Playoffs are still well within sight.
the football gods are not nice to me. The division is weak no lie, but the Titans and Panthers were wins we seemed to not take advantage of. This kinda proves that our 2 coaches that left were more important than we were led on to believe.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #82
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
the football gods are not nice to me.
Trying being a Viking fan!

I give up.

Go Rams!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #83
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Trying being a Viking fan!

I give up.

Go Rams!
Vikings still have a good chance to win the conference. Rams look almost unstoppable.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #84
f33
Gear Maniac
 

rams have 4 tough games in a row, NO is no joke and KC, if the rams are undefeated at that point, is gonna be fun 78-70 game
Old 1 week ago
  #85
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Vikings still have a good chance to win the conference. Rams look almost unstoppable.
Rams unstoppable? Not quite


Good Football weekend when the Saints and Steelers win.
Old 1 week ago
  #86
f33
Gear Maniac
 

rams secondary has had issues all season, hard to beat the saints with and avg secondary. was a good game. prob shoulda gone for that field goal early on.
Old 1 week ago
  #87
Lives for gear
 

I just wish someone, anyone, would stop Alabama and the Cheatriots* Not likely happening though. Oh the Rams look great but they looked great last year too; didn't see them in the SB. Bama is just unreal. Surely Saban sold his soul to the devil.
Old 1 week ago
  #88
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I just wish someone, anyone, would stop Alabama and the Cheatriots* Not likely happening though. Oh the Rams look great but they looked great last year too; didn't see them in the SB. Bama is just unreal. Surely Saban sold his soul to the devil.
I'm confident the Saints could beat Bama, but I knew LSU had no chance. Lol
Old 1 week ago
  #89
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Rams unstoppable? Not quite


Good Football weekend when the Saints and Steelers win.
Hey Brees played a hell of a game no lie. Pats and Packers game wasnt that great though. But this weekend just proved that the front runners are still front runners. It was a great football sunday though, My Eagles get Timmy Jerrnigan back thank god, and Tate will help get that offense rolling.
Old 1 week ago
  #90
Lives for gear
 

Anyone watching Oklahoma v Oklahoma St? What a game. I can't believe how OSU handed OK that last TD...but it's not over yet!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump