The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Camping? Who loves it?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Camping? Who loves it?

I’m going camping this weekend. With the family. In tents, old school style.
I’m really excited about it, we all are even the dog. She sees us pulling the camping gear out of storage and goes bonkers.

Anyone else here enjoy being out in the wild under a starry sky with a fire crackling nearby?
Old 5 days ago
I haven't been camping since I was in my mid 20's. I did enjoy it except for when the temp got real hot or when the skeeters came out at night. I miss the night critters chirping and the fireflies. Fun stuff though!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Yeah skeeters suck! But there’s ways to deal with them. I’m more disturbed by black flies. They leave nasty big bites and no deterrent seems to work against them
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Me and my friends go camping in the woods (with the permission of the landlord) every year for a week.
Cooking on the fire, washing at our own little spring (very cold!).
It is the most relaxing week of the year with a lot of beer and nature...
Old 3 days ago
Geariophile

F*ck yeah! Just out last weekend and yesterday got a new 4m bell tent with a stove hole and a massive awning. Camping season now MUCH longer. ;-) Sitting in nature touching the ground is the best.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I like the outdoors. Had a pop up camper for awhile. I guess it depends on what you mean by camping. I don't generally like dedicated communal camping places. It's like a housing development only with campers. If you make a noise at night your camping neighbors will hear it.

Truly out in nature away from others. Yeah I like that.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

My experience with family campgrounds has been getting worse each time I go to one.
The last one had a haunted hayride so every 15 minutes a horribly loud old farm tractor pulling a trailer load of screaming kids went by until 10 at night.

The one before that we had the loudest family ever across the way with their two huge mobile homes. They kept setting off fireworks and scaring our dog to death and they decided to pack up and leave at 2:30 in the morning on a Saturday night with as much ruckus of power tools and yelling as possible.

All of the family places we’ve gone to mix the RVs and tents together too so all night long all you hear are the heaters, A/C and generators cycling on and off. So much for tranquility...

This year I’ll be looking to avoid such places as much as possible.

Last edited by Hollowman9; 2 days ago at 11:26 PM..
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

i used to like to camp. Then I moved into the forest by a lake and steams. We went camping one time after moving here and realised it was just like home without all the convieniences. So now I just grab a coke zero from the fridge and maybe some chips and go sit on the deck. Thats camping now for us.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I have to online order everything audio though.
Old 1 day ago
Geariophile

Has to be a site that allows fires. No compromise on that one. No fire, no camping. And NOT overrun with screaming kids, nor close to audible traffic. Tent with wood burning stove should help getting access to for other people out of season quiet camping while staying cozy.....
Old 1 day ago
Geariophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
i used to like to camp. Then I moved into the forest by a lake and steams. We went camping one time after moving here and realised it was just like home without all the convieniences. So now I just grab a coke zero from the fridge and maybe some chips and go sit on the deck. Thats camping now for us.
I agree, if the main living is in nature it would sort of kill the desire, as it is constant connection to nature anyway, as opposed to occasional re-connection.

Keep dreaming about a converted double decker bus with a tiny studio corner in the top floor end that can park up in nature with sea view in beautiful places and run on solar.......maybe one day.
Old 1 day ago
I really enjoy being out in nature, but my back no longer allows me to go camping, I need a good quality matrass or I'll wake up broken in half.
I'm not much of a beach / sea person as I'm always hot and light skinned I'll end up like a cooked lobster after a day at the beach, I love forrests and mountains and river streams

Lucky me I live in a nice area now, 5 min walk and I'm standing at the edge of a forrest, people have been living on these lands for over 4000 years and there's a lot of dolmen in this area. There's an old legend this village was created by Wodan for this girl named Hille who was gambled away by her father, he created this place for her where she could live in peace and all art would thrive (Hilversum). He would create an adjecent village where all the phoneys would reside... (Laren)

It really turned out so, it really did

I'm hoping to do a little trip out of season this year and wander around Carnac in France for a few days.

I call this "My backyard"
Attached Thumbnails
Camping? Who loves it?-backyard.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search