The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Functional Alcoholics Unite - What Are You Drinking? Channel Strip Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
Makers Mark.
That's a good sipping whiskey. I bought a bottle for my dad for some holiday years back, and he calls me the next day cursing me because he drank most of the bottle and was left hugging the toilet. I'm like, "Dude! That's not what that's for!"
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
That's a good sipping whiskey. I bought a bottle for my dad for some holiday years back, and he calls me the next day cursing me because he drank most of the bottle and was left hugging the toilet. I'm like, "Dude! That's not what that's for!"
poor guy
The danger is in its smoothness. It goes down easily so more of it goes down.

Back when I lived in NC a guy I knew used to get me 150 proof peach moonshine from some backwoods shiner and man that stuff was smooth. And I’d get falling down drunk on it until I learned to drink it real slow. Seriously dangerous stuff.

One day I shared some with my roommate and he didn’t listen to my warnings and guzzled the stuff. He got falling down drunk and at one point he knocked over one of my monitors. I got pissed and dragged him to his room and told him to sleep it off. He didn’t and soon after managed to bust a 4 ft hole into the wall where he fell against it and then fell out the window glass and all. What a mess!
Then he came back in through the front door and left a trail of blood all the way through the house
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I bought a bottle of Absynth a couple of years ago. It tasted like my grandmother's cough syrup from 60 yrs ago. The bottle is still full in my cabinet.

Nasty tasting stuff.
I rarely do alcohol but when I do it’s Absinthe. Derp is right, in that some are quite tastey.

I gave up drinking when I was 16. Had some Vodka once at age 24 because a girlfriend was desperate to see me drunk and since then I’ll have some absinthe every 3-4 years.

Last edited by Acid Mitch; 5 days ago at 01:52 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
I always go to the Old Absinthe House when I go to New Orleans. I love it to, the flames
Setting it on fire just wastes some of the alcohol content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
It`s a drunk buzz, but there`s something different about it. .
Aye, other alcoholic drinks I’ve tried don’t quite seem to hit the mark.

Last edited by Acid Mitch; 5 days ago at 01:52 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Weed aint any better Jim, well basically anything you smoke isnt any better.
You can eat it or vape it , avoiding putting anything carcinogenic in your system.

Latest stuff I was reading about alcohol claims that drinking any amount in middle age increases your risk of cancer.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
Latest stuff I was reading about alcohol claims that drinking any amount in middle age increases your risk of cancer.
Same stuff I've read. Except wine. Red wine is supposed to be really good for your heart.
Old 5 days ago
If red wine is good for your heart then what is tequila good for?

Got another bottle of Pyrat last weekend. Seriously good stuff if you enjoy rum.

I’ve got a nice little collection of those nifty metal charms now. Thinking about sampling the sound of them clinking together. Make some evil nursery rhyme music
Attached Thumbnails
Functional Alcoholics Unite - What Are You Drinking?-7125a070-2d18-483f-9e17-9589f877eb12.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Same stuff I've read. Except wine. Red wine is supposed to be really good for your heart.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
If red wine is good for your heart then what is tequila good for?

Got another bottle of Pyrat last weekend. Seriously good stuff if you enjoy rum.

I’ve got a nice little collection of those nifty metal charms now. Thinking about sampling the sound of them clinking together. Make some evil nursery rhyme music
Tequila is good for everything

Evil nursery rhyme? Only if you don't like women who party.

Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search