The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Pinball players here?
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Any Pinball players here?

Just wondering if any other GS'ers are pinheads.
I have a '76 Bally Evel Knievel in my home studio and regularly play in a league here in Toronto.
There are actually a ton of bars in town that have a machine or 2, and a couple that have 6-8+.
Anyone else?
Old 19th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
Just wondering if any other GS'ers are pinheads.
I have a '76 Bally Evel Knievel in my home studio and regularly play in a league here in Toronto.
There are actually a ton of bars in town that have a machine or 2, and a couple that have 6-8+.
Anyone else?
Wow! Talk about a flashback! When I was a teenager, during the early 1980's, my favorite hangout at the mall was a place called Time Out. The electronic sounds would always draw me in to this futuristic world of video arcade games and pinball. Sadly, they were closed down and I haven't played pinball ever since. Love the game! Brings back a lot of memories!
Old 20th April 2017
Absolutely, I love pinball more than video games and i always wanted a game room filled with them. Even when i go out on the road I ask the locals about arcades, bars, billiard halls etc. in the hopes of finding some machines. Pinball is kind of a stress reliever for me. My favorites are:

Pinbot
Flight 2000
Fun House
Addam's Family
Dirty Harry
Centaur
Cue Ball Wizard

the old ones are the best if they are well maintained but that is a rarity. They always have a dead bumper or flipper that will ruin your day.
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Guru

I was never really much of a pinball player, but my wife worked at a mastering place in NYC and they had a free Ms. Pacman. I thought I was getting pretty good. And then one day, Paul Stanley kicked my ass all the way to Weehawken for about an hour and a half.
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Addict

Hey cool!

There is a decent resurgence in arcade culture happening right now. Lots of Barcades with refurbished machines, arcade and pinball. There's even 2 different places here that have skee-ball!

Also, you can find places to play here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/map

Just search your city in Find A Location.

I just read that there is a 3 story arcade opening in Buffalo later this year!
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Love Pinball, it's like the analog of the gaming world.
In the 90's my housemate and I went halves in a Simpsons machine which we got for a good price.
I moved overseas and he bought me out. I think he still has it, and they are now worth a small fortune.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Years ago my bother bought a used pinball machine and it was set up so you pressed a door bell type gizmo and you played - no coins involved. I was addicted. I moved away and eventually the house was sold after my folks divorced and the pinball machine ended up in a pile of trash behind the house. Sad!

On my list is to one day own another one along with an 8' billiards table. Currently I am finishing off a career in IT and I live in a condo but the plan is to relocate to AZ and retire there (used to live there) and hopefully I'll find a place where I can put both and have the ka-ching to pay for them.
Old 9th May 2017
Dearly miss pinballs. Public arcades were basically the only way to play pinball in my city, and they're mostly gone now except for a few ones on shopping malls. They used to be on every corner when I was kid...
Old 10th May 2017
Gear Addict

Yeah I miss seeing arcade machines in corner stores, etc.
I highly recommend you check the link above to find pinball machines in your area!
Be warned though, new machines are fast and punishing! Not like the bells and chimes games from the 70's.
Old 10th May 2017
Lives for gear
"Hit the eight ball" oh yeah!
Old 22nd June 2017
I love Zen Pinball on the PS4, but I don't have a PS4 so I don't get to enjoy it much. I'm patiently waiting for a port to the switch.

I remember my childhood friend had a pinball machine in his room, I think it was from the 60s? It had a 4-digit score and it was the kind that rolled when you did stuff.

In Austin, there's a really good arcade called Pinballz and they keep the machines very nice.
Old 25th June 2017
Lives for gear

I love a good pinball machine. I prefer pinball over any arcade game. The South Park pinball machine is still my favorite one to play. I hope to buy one some day.
Old 26th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlisquat View Post
I love a good pinball machine. I prefer pinball over any arcade game. The South Park pinball machine is still my favorite one to play. I hope to buy one some day.
Keep an eye out on Pinside and you might be able to find one for sale in your area!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I liked them a lot when I was playing bars in the 90`s. I really got into the emulators about 10 years ago when I found my favorite machines(Medieval Madness etc.) and could play them on a laptop. That was years ago, I don`t even remember how to set it up now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search