The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,005
Views: 2,005
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Anybody still swear by the TC Reverb 4000 or it's long in the tooth? I don't see that they've tried to update or improve it since...

SStudio
replies: 13 views: 820
Dave Peck 10th April 2019

I drove to Montreal from Toronto in heavy winter weather to listen to the MBC-A. Liked them ALOT. Unfortunately, I didn't...

johnlewisgrant
replies: 7 views: 571
johnlewisgrant 9th April 2019

So in my search for a summing mixer ( yes I bought into the whole summing mixer snake oil thing ) I found a Heritage Audio MCM-8...

wannaberocker
replies: 1 views: 740
andresdamiani 9th April 2019

I'm looking for string, orchestra or horns that have their sample library in 96khz/24bit? I don't want up-sampled...

SoundOffHear
replies: 0 views: 249
SoundOffHear 9th April 2019

I've recently done some research on the vintage German V series preamps by Siemens, Telefunken and TAB (e.g. V72, V76, V276...

bermudaben
replies: 90 views: 44,017
QueenSisi 9th April 2019

I have been in the market to upgrade my main vocal mic (a TLM 103) for a while. I've tested a good number of industry standards,...

MixingStick
replies: 69 views: 13,588
Cathedral Guitar 9th April 2019

Friends, Just reaching out to ask if any more of you have purchased one or a pair of these? The reviews all seem positive...

Grindlefinch
replies: 17 views: 2,312
Fiedelfinn 9th April 2019

If you had to leave your high end studio - and you were traveling with say a Teenage Engineering OP-1, another small...

Sailor Hope
replies: 0 views: 231
Sailor Hope 9th April 2019

Decision time for mix Bus compression. The final are the rack versions of the SSL XLogic and C1. I don't need mono as this is for...

CJ1973
replies: 71 views: 11,652
mart 9th April 2019

So I've rave reviews of the Big Ben clock. Which from my understanding is also the clock in the AD16x and DA 16x? Someone correct...

edIT
replies: 24 views: 3,894
AudioworksMedia 9th April 2019

I have a Schoeps CMC5 /MK41, and it seems to operate fine on 24v. But just out of curiosity, is the lower phantom power voltage...

szegedin
replies: 11 views: 653
quagga 9th April 2019

I've been wondering, why doesn't anybody do this, is it too expensive to build or what... In the days of hybrid mixing, think...

mherrane
replies: 7 views: 881
mrcross 9th April 2019

I know it's not out yet, but does anyone have any experience they can share with this pre?

supermosey
replies: 34 views: 7,813
mattcollen 9th April 2019

any one remember how much the focusrite red 2 cost originally?

mpitluk
replies: 1 views: 1,699
waldie wave 8th April 2019

I'm going to be building an 80's drumkit and am looking for a compressor to get that big sound. Any recommendations? (1176,...

rdemon
replies: 43 views: 10,932
XAXAU 8th April 2019

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 86 views: 4,103
bushwick 8th April 2019

Here we go with my seemingly semi-annual "What should I buy thread"gooof Here is my mic situation as of...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 43 views: 3,670
TheHolyMountain 8th April 2019

I recently lucked out with a good deal on an old AKG 451EB mic and it seems to be in pretty good shape. It's one of the older...

timtoonz
replies: 8 views: 938
moltenwok 8th April 2019

Looking for the most characterful Neve eq sound, under 2k if possible. Vintage, warm, colorful, characterful eq, warts and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 6 views: 631
shoepedals 8th April 2019

I was thinking about getting either a Vintech 473 or an API 3124+. Has anyone ever heard either of these? I actually haven't but...

chazmar
replies: 90 views: 8,581
bushwick 8th April 2019

Hey slutz! I was just about to buy a nice cream pair of Soyuz SU-013 when I came across the Telefunken M60 FET. I plan to...

omegaomega
replies: 51 views: 4,962
Jeff.calcaska 8th April 2019

Another monitor post! I'm moving to a new studio space and I'm looking to upgrade my monitors (from Dynaudio Bm15a's). Hedd...

askebode
replies: 3 views: 441
AndreiPiatra 8th April 2019

Spinoff thread from the headphones vs monitors discussion High end nearfield test In my experience and after really giving it...

syncussion
replies: 32 views: 1,144
syncussion 7th April 2019

Hi everyone! We are using a Apogee Rosetta 800 with the FireWire card connected to our computer ( Mac tower from 2013 with OSX...

CruztoCruz
replies: 2 views: 242
chiasson 7th April 2019

I was lucky enough to buy a full set of quad eight pacifica / ventura channels including the console psu. Unfortunately the...

u47user
replies: 15 views: 2,670
ConINpt 7th April 2019

If so, how are you liking it on vocals? How would you describe its tone?

Krush411
replies: 7 views: 1,024
Al Rogers 7th April 2019

I'm getting interested in Josephson's LDC mics, and whether one of them would complement my current set of LDCs. I use them for...

antichef
replies: 18 views: 1,846
Rumi 7th April 2019

Hi folks! I have an Avalon and I'm planning on buying some more gear. Since the price is similar, how do you guys feel about...

Sput
replies: 20 views: 16,602
RobertRyda 7th April 2019

Has anyone tried both of these, or better yet compared them side by side? Appreciate any thoughts... ...I've read a fair bit...

Pno
replies: 3 views: 544
Pno 7th April 2019

I love my Kush Clariphonic. I had it for less then a year. I use it happily on vocals, sometimes on dead drum recordings, and...

audioloud
replies: 25 views: 1,752
DeadPoet 7th April 2019

Hi guys! I have Been talking with a member who has some amazing advice, regarding speakers. I had some adam A77x although nice...

nickgalea
replies: 60 views: 9,828
Russell Dawkins 7th April 2019

Looking for early 70's high end sound. Currently have Hammer Mk1 and Summit tpa-200a tube/jensen line amp, love them, together...

fromthepuggle
replies: 1 views: 464
AB3 7th April 2019

Anyone know if this thing is balanced or unbalanced? I can't find a manual for this thing anywhere. Much appreciated.

EleKtriKaz
replies: 3 views: 3,470
Subverter 7th April 2019

Hi all! I've been in contact with BAE and after additional troubleshooting I may just have to send this unit to them for...

withintheflux
replies: 1 views: 309
ionian 7th April 2019

I'm curious how many console owners here don't bother with Flying Faders and just use the DAW to automate while keeping faders...

herecomesyourman
replies: 30 views: 4,347
EvilRoy 6th April 2019

Hi, I've just bought a used Sennhieser MKH 30 on ebay. Of course, it's figure of 8. Never having had a figure of 8 mic before,...

alwyne
replies: 4 views: 338
alwyne 6th April 2019

I have a pretty small room that I work out of and my dream has always been to have something like an MCI console, with big sound...

lobit
replies: 47 views: 1,884
Darius1 6th April 2019

A two channel amek 9098 pre poped up in my area for a good price. How is its character? Is it comparable to great river?(that's...

deve
replies: 98 views: 38,938
JAT 6th April 2019

Hi folks I recently by accident realized that my api 500 vpr was generating H3 distortion (like a lot about 5% or more) even...

chewing
replies: 0 views: 273
chewing 6th April 2019

Would you please tell about drawmer s3 experiences ?!

toofanstudio
replies: 1 views: 634
rectape 6th April 2019

Hey everyone! Long time browser, first time (I think) poster here! I recently got myself an SSL AWS 900+ SE and have been...

Dave Pugh
replies: 1 views: 311
jonyfeld 6th April 2019

Hi! I just bought the Barefoot Footprint 01. Should I have bought the Event Opal instead? I produce mostly EDM.

PerGunnar
replies: 45 views: 8,186
Solidtrax 6th April 2019

Hi there, do you think there might be any change in the sound quality by using DIGITAL out routed directly to genele 8351 within...

michelered
replies: 33 views: 983
Ulrich 6th April 2019

Ribbon mics such as the RCA 44 and 77 have large magnets that could damage hard drives, displays, and speakers. How close can...

UGP
replies: 5 views: 393
MediaGary 6th April 2019

Hey I'm considering a 1073 mp for the usual stuff like guitar, bass and vocals but I also want to run digital pianos maybe some...

chrizzi
replies: 10 views: 450
Spindrift 6th April 2019

About Lexicon reverbs I often see lots of comments about the naturalness or effect-y-ness of Lexicon reverbs. I think it's...

Michael Carnes
replies: 360 views: 96,038
anguswoodhead 5th April 2019

Hello all, I use the Chandler Mini Rack Mixer for my summing needs, however I'm very curious how the new Electrodyne Summing...

jumpcut sound
replies: 1 views: 515
andrewh 5th April 2019

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 40 views: 3,929
Hansest 5th April 2019

Hi is anyone using either of these units for electronic stuff (hence asking here) like techno and house and also downtempo...

digital 1010
replies: 15 views: 1,163
digital 1010 5th April 2019

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 861 views: 182,617
JSchlomo 5th April 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search