The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi This is my second or third time using this chain so I'm asking the more experienced ones for opinion. Yesterday I was...

prog
replies: 65 views: 7,302
mikoo69 6 days ago

Hello fellow gear headz. Does anyone know what happened to the renowned RPM Studios in NYC? When I was still in audio engineering...

JohnNy C
replies: 26 views: 7,950
Rodgre 1 week ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 314 views: 56,676
knightonabicycle 1 week ago

Has anyone any experience with these monitors?

illsoulprod
replies: 5 views: 802
rwhitney 1 week ago

Sorry for a silly question here. Can someone please help me understand the difference between various Neve 1073’s? I.e. for...

3bc
replies: 6 views: 575
Kronos147 1 week ago

I have 2 slots left in the 500 series rack. I do a lot of acoustic guitar tracking. Using capi heider mic pre’s and api...

acupunk
replies: 11 views: 510
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 1 week ago

Good morning, can anyone chime in and give me their opinion on this U67 ? If i am truly lucky Mr Klaus Heyne ? Any ideas on...

Derek Reese
replies: 214 views: 9,980
Wizards Machine 1 week ago

Saw some cool buzz around the Shelford Channel when it first was released but not much since. After using it awhile are you...

Krush411
replies: 33 views: 11,716
augustin187 1 week ago

Hi guys, Been on a big microphone search recently, with the intention of buying a LDC, specifically something tube-y and...

lyremusic
replies: 113 views: 4,050
chessparov2.0 1 week ago

Haven’t used any of these and am having a hard time deciding which to go for. Looking for something that oozes character/color...

guitargyro
replies: 30 views: 2,191
the fxs 1 week ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,845 views: 542,350
RobbyPowell 1 week ago

Zener Limiter, or one of the other 2254/diode based comps (ie: pair of AML 54f50, TG-1, etc)? What about pair of Germanium Comps...

fromthepuggle
replies: 184 views: 12,249
T_R_S 1 week ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 306 views: 40,039
freshtapescent 1 week ago

A new year, a new chance to show off your spending abilities! The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to...

Earcatcher
replies: 44 views: 3,299
Oldone 1 week ago

Just bought a gorgeous 1940s Melodium 42b and had it cleaned up by Stewart at Xaudia, but I don't have any idea what to do about...

plainofjars
replies: 7 views: 424
plainofjars 1 week ago

Hi DI Recording a Rhodes '75 using Warm Audio Tonebeast TB12. Which compressor to go? Opto Comp like WA-2A or FET based...

jr30
replies: 9 views: 526
jr30 1 week ago

As the title suggests, I have 7 slots remaining within my 500 rack. I am curious people's opinion to help fill the rack, and...

formula428
replies: 3 views: 335
formula428 1 week ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,347 views: 1,730,042
cjogo 1 week ago

Ok, I've been recording audio for about 15 years, and professionally for 5. Only recently do I feel the right to qualify myself...

knerd
replies: 22 views: 3,030
djrustycans 1 week ago

For those who own the Shelford Channel, how are you typically using it on various sources while tracking? Not too familiar with...

mikoo69
replies: 15 views: 1,461
augustin187 1 week ago

Next week I am heading to Fort Wayne and plan to listen to these three speakers. They are all right at the $3000 mark. I would...

PresbyByrd
replies: 1 views: 800
Ferio 1 week ago

hello, has anyone tried the phoenix audio neve clones (8 channel, dual channel or channel strip). how do they compare to the...

walth
replies: 41 views: 7,242
JblKid95 1 week ago

Hi Slutz, I Hope this is the right place to post this. I recently picked up a Revox MR8 mixer and want to set it up with my...

follj401
replies: 2 views: 303
follj401 1 week ago

I want two Shelford Channels and two Portico II s, but they are expensive. Can I instead of two Portico II s get one 5211? 5211...

dfghdhr
replies: 7 views: 589
neve1064 1 week ago

Hey GSers, I was able to do a vocal mic shootout at Vintage King in Nashville two days ago (thanks to Josh at VK!!). I really...

Kroc
replies: 40 views: 2,101
Kroc 1 week ago

Picking one up to use for vocals, bass, acoustic, etc while tracking overdubs. Wondering how everyone here is using their EQP-1A...

mikoo69
replies: 7 views: 687
Oldone 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
cracker satchmo 1 week ago

This is my first post on the , but have read alot here! I'll be doing a bunch of different music. More band rock type style than...

Charliewonder7
replies: 51 views: 16,979
shaunleveque 1 week ago

I am evaluating a used Blue Cactus tube mic. The self noise is very high. It sounds like a great mic, recording near Niagra...

PerryD
replies: 1 views: 238
Drumsound 1 week ago

Hey, just trying to get some confirmed facts here. There is a fellow selling an LA-3A with the front plate saying its Urei...

DONNX
replies: 16 views: 9,828
AuldLangSine 1 week ago

If you had to describe the differences in sonic signature between the two what would it be? Also any modern pop songs you know...

Krush411
replies: 19 views: 1,284
chessparov2.0 1 week ago

I'm looking to pickup a tube pre and compressor for mono drum overhead, vocals, bass, etc... There is a lot of love out there...

RonRock
replies: 25 views: 7,670
FOURTHTUNZ 1 week ago

Does anyone have experience with these? Has anyone ran a rack of eight of them on drums or something cool like that?

BrainCheck123
replies: 10 views: 1,501
FOURTHTUNZ 1 week ago

It seems like a couple more months have gone by without comments on this unit. I am curious for those that have now been using...

AB3
replies: 5 views: 756
kennybro 1 week ago

In my quest to find myself some good pultecs I have listened carefully and tested a few of them this past year, including most of...

syra
replies: 297 views: 69,566
Piedpiper 1 week ago

Hi — anyone have or used one? I can’t see a single review or user on the web and wondered if anyone here could give a quick...

karljohnson
replies: 2 views: 336
karljohnson 1 week ago

Which one of those do you think yield a better sound quality, stereo isolation? Regardless of price and convenience.

dfghdhr
replies: 5 views: 284
kellyd 1 week ago

Hi folks Pretty new here, but there's a thing that really bothers me right now... Well. I just upgraded to a pair of...

raketenmann
replies: 6 views: 377
raketenmann 1 week ago

I have a ref c and I run it through a vintech x73 into an 1176. I dont eq going in but I roll off the lows (I might stop this...

cap217
replies: 1 views: 259
Classic 1 week ago

I recently acquired a pair of these. Active Mk2’s. I have to say that I am absolutely horrified how terrible the low end...

Benny Hill
replies: 62 views: 3,426
cheu78 1 week ago

Hi everyone. I was demo listening to ATC SCM20ASL Pro mk2 at the pro audio store at last week. And for a week, I have still...

soulmining919
replies: 28 views: 2,906
soulmining919 1 week ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 371 views: 81,265
DownSideUp 1 week ago

Hey guys, as the title suggests, I am looking for a mic preamp that does not color the sound, has a high gain level even for a...

producerxtr
replies: 95 views: 8,243
Mr Funk 1 week ago

This came in via email last evening and looks like a nice channel strip: Introducing the all new ZR7064CS Mic Pre/EQ from...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 2 views: 333
plainofjars 1 week ago

Hi all! We are setting up for a limited run of Clip/Sat 500 units. I am planning to do a pre-order deal at $350.00 USD each...

RogerFoote
replies: 23 views: 1,197
RogerFoote 1 week ago

hi there guys, I produce mostly electronic music, namely techno. Therefore I use 100% analog synths, drummachines and...

SashaGray
replies: 25 views: 1,848
NathanEldred 1 week ago

It's funny... At first it's not a big deal. But, after a few hours the noise starts getting on my last nerves! I don't dare...

smoovemode
replies: 111 views: 13,211
JoFo 1 week ago

Hi I want to buy this console but i think this is so much over rating......is a good price for a console in that condition and...

rockastro
replies: 32 views: 5,463
jensenmann 1 week ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 78 views: 6,578
myles 1 week ago

OK so I tried for a little bit to search but could not find something similar so I figured start it myself. In part this will...

aramism
replies: 70 views: 14,749
elektrovolt 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search