The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,146
Views: 2,146
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Howdy, folks, been a looong time since I posted as I’ve largely been satisifed with my gear, but I have to post a review of my...

rkopald
replies: 3 views: 418
rkopald 2 days ago

Have a BAE 11 space and Daking 500 pre. Have hum with the Daking, but no hum from the empty BAE. Which is the culprit? I don’t...

Ox Han
replies: 19 views: 874
toledo3 2 days ago

Hi All, Has anyone used both the IGS Rubber Bands and A Designs EM-EQ2 and had a chance to compare? I'm in the market for a...

Squawk
replies: 2 views: 1,277
szyam 2 days ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 3 views: 674
jjblair 2 days ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 420 views: 132,342
proxy 2 days ago

Hi i did a quick forum search on this topic and had a few results but not enough votes convincing which is better. Im...

TomcaTT87
replies: 2 views: 1,020
barbital 2 days ago

Good day folks! Im new here, First i would like to thank everyone, for great reviews and discussions, many informative...

bull3t
replies: 0 views: 247
bull3t 2 days ago

Greetings! I'm looking to get new monitors for my home studio. I mostly write electronic music (so bass is very important) and...

Anadrolic
replies: 12 views: 1,071
mikeka 2 days ago

Have you done it? What cameras did you use? Share your stories here please. Specifically interested in what cameras you used....

drew
replies: 84 views: 11,465
quincyg 2 days ago

Hi This is a serious question: I was wondering whether the GML 8900 still brings something special to the table in 2017, given...

decurion99
replies: 36 views: 5,219
nednerd 2 days ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 19 views: 2,425
Ronnie Dixon 2 days ago

Hi All, first-time poster, long time reader. I am going to be making first big vocal chain purchase and I have about 4k to...

ry_wal
replies: 51 views: 2,262
cheu78 2 days ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,980 views: 243,069
ramirocerar 2 days ago

Every now and then there´s this poll where men are asked what their dream woman looks like. The winner usually ends up with...

gainreduction
replies: 55 views: 16,984
ProPower 3 days ago

Hello everyone I'm looking for the right dynamic mic to pair with a 737 preamp. Does anyone here know a great dynamic mic to pair...

loyuit
replies: 19 views: 568
loyuit 3 days ago

Hello, Does anybody of you know about REAMP Electronics units? I found this LA-2A style compressor on their website and I was...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 475
morosh 3 days ago

Mystery. I have taken custody of a box of 1/4" Otari and Ampex tape machine spares. In it amongst boards capstan and reel...

mooed music
replies: 1 views: 342
Dan Kennedy 3 days ago

So I would like to see what people have tried and liked as far as mic pre amp mods on this console. I have changed the op-amps to...

jctaudiodesigns
replies: 13 views: 1,547
Jim Williams 3 days ago

So Guys, I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp for my Manley Ref C. Now there are a few audio samples floating around here...

T_Laz
replies: 5 views: 455
T_Laz 3 days ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 627 views: 35,527
crosscutred 3 days ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 154 views: 6,904
nosebleedaudio 3 days ago

I spotted some great speakers, by a well known manufacturer at a steal price from a reputable dealer recently. when I enquired...

climber
replies: 32 views: 2,433
ILoveSampling 4 days ago

About to purchase a vocal chain for a upcoming modern pop project. Young female voice. I have used a Redd mic before but not on a...

bmaughan
replies: 17 views: 1,413
Paul_G 4 days ago

Hi- I have an IJ Research Custom Stereo Neve Compressor and limiter, made of original vintage Neve cards and original Trannys...

Rea
replies: 0 views: 300
Rea 4 days ago

Hi, I have a demo unit of a Trinnov MC at the studio right now. Unfortunately, a have an older version, it is a grey Trinnov...

audioluche
replies: 0 views: 318
audioluche 4 days ago

Hey all, I'm looking for a shock mount for my vintage 251. I'm mainly looking for something that will securely hold the mic...

phoenixsoap
replies: 3 views: 360
Klaus 4 days ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 219 views: 22,324
mig27 4 days ago
replies: 16 views: 5,852
smakdaady 4 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,254 views: 123,902
MarcA 4 days ago

From AD8 manual: So what's behind the marketing hype? I understand this is a purely digital, high-latency process, which...

Sugar
replies: 81 views: 11,262
Zoot 4 days ago

Hey all, I’m on the lookout for a new stereo EQ and came across the Elysia Xfilter. It comes in both a 19” version as well...

RedMeadow
replies: 2 views: 422
badmark 4 days ago

Hallo. Is there anyone that own these pres? Can you tell me something more about their sound? Please also compare them to API...

fuoriporta
replies: 3 views: 9,841
Pico Pico 4 days ago

Hello, I am new to the Mic World ... I am all ITB Producer and lately I have been wanting to record some Live Acoustic Guitar...

DJ Bechara
replies: 8 views: 527
DJ Bechara 4 days ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 27 views: 5,774
barbital 4 days ago

hello all, admins first of all, please move this thread if thats not the right subform the kind of worst case happened to...

alkor
replies: 8 views: 428
SoundGuyLance 4 days ago

Hey all, I searched, but it seems there isn't a thread dedicated to the new generation 32+. I think I was one of the first...

vicenzajay
replies: 6 views: 710
vicenzajay 4 days ago

I have owned two DMP-2NWs for many years (love them) and went to look up Karls webpage and I can't find anything. Anyone know...

ProPower
replies: 3 views: 557
deuc647 5 days ago

There's a lot of discussions around about ribbon and condensor mics, but Im pretty keen to hear what people really rate as far as...

gareth81
replies: 74 views: 21,418
Rolleum 5 days ago

I saw the specs sheet and they claim 32Hz to 50KHz. But seeing the actual response graph posted it appears they start to roll...

barbital
replies: 3 views: 517
matucha 5 days ago

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic, so I figured I may as well just ask. I've had an RS124 for a little...

shoepedals
replies: 9 views: 421
StevenLMorgan 5 days ago

Just bought this and it was advertised as a 1979 Model. Can anyone verify that? Thanks. Serviced Vintage Neumann U87...

Rockinrob
replies: 18 views: 2,432
Paul_G 5 days ago

Hi someone did it or know how ppl carry them on aircrafts? The aviation law is that each luggage have to wight MAX 32 kilos. The...

gmosh
replies: 8 views: 510
Jim Williams 5 days ago

I'm still looking for a decent hardware reverb. First of all, I'm not looking to recreate any "classic" sounds. I've...

wallyburger
replies: 27 views: 1,185
wallyburger 5 days ago

Hello, i'm new in gearslutz. Would ask to you the right height from floor to have a good performance with my monitor. I just...

apprendista1976
replies: 5 views: 544
Danielbest1 5 days ago

Looking to see if anyone has experience with both of these mics and can provide some feedback and opinion. I'm looking for a...

packermans4
replies: 25 views: 1,315
pktele 6 days ago

For all you with SSL G automation experience and use Pro Tools 12... Is there some function that would mirror the ability to...

tyrobins
replies: 17 views: 1,382
stahfishaudio 6 days ago

Hi Klaus, (if possible) your book would be something both myself, and many here would look foward to. I know you are very busy,...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 450
chessparov2.0 6 days ago

Write about your favorite pre or channel strip for snare, hands down. If there's other parts of your chain you must include...

herecomesyourman
replies: 83 views: 8,228
szyam 6 days ago

Hi all, Does anyone have any demos of the Chandler Mini Rack Mixer? Specifically when driven hard and/or showcasing its color?...

SovietSpaceChild
replies: 8 views: 1,338
rjb5191 6 days ago

Hi, I have opportunity to buy an Maselec STM822, what about this summing mixer? thx

Pilepoile
replies: 4 views: 3,077
smakdaady 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search