The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,208
Views: 2,208
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How would the Vipre compliment microphones such as the Brauner VM1-KHE or the Soundeluxe ELAM251 ?

MIKEHARRIS
replies: 7 views: 1,944
Knox 30th September 2002

I'm thinking about the Trakker...I was thinking about a Fatso but with all the good reviews on the Trakker... hmm. Torn between...

kushan_ku
replies: 11 views: 1,893
etherize 30th September 2002

So, if you were to metamorphose right now and become one of these guys, who would it be?

jon
replies: 25 views: 4,467
lflier 28th September 2002

Did anybody have a chance to check this out yet. I had one at the studio for the last 3 days and as usual the demo unit will...

mwagener
replies: 39 views: 6,747
thethrillfactor 27th September 2002

Hi all: I am about to buy a mic pre and have to choose from avalon 737, amek 9098, ISA 220 since these are the only ones my...

Bob
replies: 8 views: 2,929
Darren 26th September 2002

"The N72 recreates the Neve B183 amplifier module used in the 1272 and...

Benjy King
replies: 4 views: 2,069
SeventhCircle 25th September 2002

All other things aside...how about guests in the studio? I've played on CDs in which there were 5-6 guests, all gathered around...

Midlandmorgan
replies: 11 views: 3,747
Remoteness 25th September 2002

So, I want to know how many of you boys and girls have rules for this. Discuss please ...... a little side note :...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 29 views: 2,237
Musiclab 23rd September 2002

Who has them, a number of small boards in the tracking room? How many boards and channels and with what do you feed them? Do...

Han
replies: 21 views: 4,481
Han 22nd September 2002

Hi everybody Just a little report from the road. I'm now settled into an old villa in Oswego, NY for pre-production on my...

mwagener
replies: 33 views: 3,929
Remoteness 22nd September 2002
replies: - views: -
Jay Kahrs 21st September 2002

attached is the basic pick below 1) shure sm**** > averill 1272 > la-2a re-issue 2) akg d-12e > api 312 skipped...

JayCrouch
replies: 20 views: 3,927
Steve Smith 21st September 2002

check out the editorial by Mr. Levinson in the new issue of Audio Media (pg. 56, mine came today). Nothing terribly new, but a...

hollywood_steve
replies: 7 views: 1,765
thethrillfactor 20th September 2002

I need to get my Hui fixed, anybody know of a good repair place close to Boston? I was told E.A.R.S in Manhattan was good but I'd...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 1 views: 1,478
FOURTHTUNZ 19th September 2002

I have been buying Mogami tt patch cables for years . . . all of a sudden my dealer has Horizon NOT Mogami when I went to buy...

Knox
replies: 2 views: 1,374
NathanEldred 19th September 2002

Does anybody know where I can track down the pinouts for these EQs?? Thanks A

AAsa
replies: 2 views: 2,148
AAsa 19th September 2002

In my effort to get familiar with the surround world, I'm wondering how it would be possible to monitor the 5.1 audio from a DVD...

cajonezzz
replies: 8 views: 1,299
cajonezzz 18th September 2002

Emt

Whats the word on EMT consoles anybody knows if its worth getting one? Does anybody know anything about this particular one? I...

Jakob
replies: 3 views: 3,153
loudist 18th September 2002

Guys, I have to urgently replace the caps on my U47 power supply (one went bad, they're all ten years old, so it's time to change...

jon
replies: 7 views: 1,601
Dave Martin 17th September 2002

I'm looking for a few good men (or women) who own and/or work on PMC's AML-1 monitor. That's it. Not really looking for a debate...

Benjy King
replies: 3 views: 1,348
Wiggy Neve Slut 15th September 2002

What does the client take out of your studio when the project is done? Do you keep the original drives and make backup drives for...

mwagener
replies: 3 views: 1,451
C.Lambrechts 14th September 2002

I don't have one single piece of TC Electronics gear around here. Besides the great M6000 (yes, it's awesome), what would be...

jon
replies: 24 views: 5,113
mwagener 13th September 2002

Hi all - I'm coming back after about a 4 year leave to the recording industry. I've pretty exclusively worked in world class...

tlester
replies: 33 views: 3,120
Jules 12th September 2002

Okay, yall mofo's know what a gear*****bag I am for Neotek stuff. Anyone got any info on this MICMAX unit? It's supposidly...

e-cue
replies: 32 views: 8,823
alphajerk 11th September 2002

Anyone lucky enough to have a chance to compare these two? That 777 sure is sexy...never have a chance to actually use one. ...

nOiz
replies: 6 views: 4,326
Moze 10th September 2002

A good friend and co-worker just inspired the hell out of me, and I sharing some creativity with yall, and some true gearslut...

JayCrouch
replies: 2 views: 3,132
Jules 9th September 2002

quote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The studio I mix in had an Aardvark. We mixed...

Dean Landon
replies: 16 views: 7,148
BrianT 9th September 2002

So how many of you wise guys nudge your DAW overdubs to make up for tracking latency? Most of the clients and free-lancers I...

jon
replies: 63 views: 4,472
chessparov 8th September 2002

Had a few requests from some to posts pictures, so here they are below - one of the pair - and one showing the guts.. I still...

JayCrouch
replies: 7 views: 8,655
vsl666 7th September 2002

Well this IS the High End here at Gearslutz, so tell me is the Cranesong Spider worth the moola? I'm wondering how it sounds...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 35 views: 22,979
alphajerk 6th September 2002

I just finished reading the review of the new version of the infamous Mellotron in the current SOS, and I'm baffled at how...

hollywood_steve
replies: 4 views: 2,164
Fibes 5th September 2002

What do you guys do for fun when you're not working (as if THAT ever happens) I used to fly airplanes when I still had the...

mwagener
replies: 36 views: 3,245
JayCrouch 5th September 2002

Just a gear price question. Have a chance to buy a cherry C24 and a cherry M49. How much is too much? These are both very...

BrianT
replies: 13 views: 1,708
Jules 5th September 2002

I have a PT rig, and frankly have never used Logic.. I am getting reeal interested for some reason latley. It looks way cool and...

Steve Smith
replies: 6 views: 1,349
vsl666 5th September 2002

I have found that I do my best mix work when it's by correspondance and I work alone, spending one day per track. Mixing by...

jon
replies: 16 views: 1,910
Fibes 4th September 2002

Given the recent PT thread I figured I'd post this. Anyone remember this from last years AES show?

Jay Kahrs
replies: 3 views: 1,280
C.Lambrechts 4th September 2002

Guys, Just purchased some new 57s and a 58...got to the studio and compared them to our 10-15 year old 57s and 58s. I was...

jon
replies: 6 views: 1,839
C.Lambrechts 4th September 2002

What do you guys think... Is fixing and auto-tuning vocals a tracking job or a mixing job? Do you feel it's your job as a...

jon
replies: 22 views: 5,952
jon 3rd September 2002

Has anyone used the new version of the Distressor? The one with then option of a 'British' mod, and the stero link mod? Is it...

lalabomba
replies: 7 views: 1,904
lalabomba 3rd September 2002

Is the Alan Smart MC2, the best stereo buss compressor there is, that is similar to the SSL, and what's the difference between...

Dean Landon
replies: 6 views: 3,496
Jules 2nd September 2002

Hello everybody just a little note, I'm going to be in upstate NY for preproduction for about 2 weeks, starting Septemebr 3rd,...

mwagener
replies: 4 views: 2,107
mwagener 1st September 2002

So I sold all my extraneous gear and amps and now have the money for a high end pre. The sound I am looking for is an in your...

Manny Grossman
replies: 3 views: 2,925
Wiggy Neve Slut 28th August 2002

I need your advice...what heads would you all recommend for the following kit: 24" *birch* bass drum (Pearl Masters...

jon
replies: 37 views: 22,843
Drumsound 26th August 2002

hi gearsluts, i think about to by a PAIR of altec 1591 in really MINT condition. how much are they worth? are they comparable...

jagarinec
replies: 1 views: 9,067
Benjy King 25th August 2002

So I own several racks of gear. Protools Rig, Gates Compressors, Avalons, RCA Comps, HUI, F-16, MP/Midi stuff, DJ equip, couple...

e-cue
replies: 4 views: 1,432
Fletcher 25th August 2002

What is most important when buying pro audio gear? A. Service/Support B. Relationship with Sales Person C. Price Just...

Kutter
replies: 8 views: 1,300
Wiggy Neve Slut 25th August 2002

smokin howdy WEll i love tracking drums more than anything else.... So.. lets here ya favourite setup for a generic rock...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 21 views: 5,437
jon 25th August 2002

Lexicon 91

I associate Lexicon reverb gear with the 480's unique fat creamy & dence snare reverb... and rich vocal sounds.. Are both...

Jules
replies: 31 views: 6,139
JayCrouch 24th August 2002

Hi, What do you guys/ladies think of it? Is it warm and fuzzy?

Coldsnow
replies: 6 views: 1,812
Guest 23rd August 2002

SO i think i FINALLY found a place to move my studio into for the next couple years. Its perfect for what I want now. I'll have...

planet red
replies: 9 views: 6,539
jagarinec 23rd August 2002

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search