The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm wondering about some options that might be used in place of our 192HD converter which is ok but not incredible. Currently...

Zep Dude
replies: 33 views: 3,470
chap 12th March 2003

I need to kick off a project in the UK and will come over for 5 days to track kit. May. Any recommendations on some facilities...

Nik
replies: 4 views: 823
jon 11th March 2003

So theres a pretty big name producer I do a lot of editing work for and he usually only does 2" work but I Auto Tune for him...

Cannon Fo So
replies: 12 views: 1,114
Musiclab 11th March 2003

Would anyone care to comment on how a Royer 122 might sound on a concert harp in a concert situation. I've a feeling ribbons...

Beech
replies: 0 views: 882
Beech 11th March 2003

Im trolling for a cool console.. i sold my previous cool console.. now i want another.. im a a hopeless gearslut.. HELP...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 3 views: 5,671
Gie-Sound 10th March 2003

Hi, on what budget should i look when i aim to make the electricity in my small comercial studio professional? what actually...

lowswing
replies: 0 views: 2,108
lowswing 9th March 2003

I know the pre's in the SLAM! are unique, but I was curious to see if anyone has any feedback on the differences in tone between...

BattleAngel
replies: 6 views: 1,422
BattleAngel 9th March 2003

I have been recently testing the quality of certain types of digital to analog convertors, aside from the width of the stereo,...

Deadly
replies: 24 views: 11,939
20db.com 9th March 2003

Hey guys, what are some opinions on the pro control edit pack? seems to me to be a bit on the high side $$$, however it seems...

renshen
replies: 3 views: 1,176
Jules 8th March 2003

Hey V76 users... I was wondering what you use for a phantom power supply? I spoke with oliver at TAB Funkenwerk in seattle and...

Dynodawg
replies: 17 views: 4,299
lowswing 8th March 2003

Ok, so I got my Hd system for my little home project studio and realized this...it sounds good...for digital...and distorted...

guittarzzan
replies: 106 views: 8,121
Skwaidu 7th March 2003

I have a Cranesong HEDD 102 and I like it a lot. But, of course, it is only 2 channels. The Apogee AD-16 is temping, what with 16...

wildplum
replies: 30 views: 3,059
chap 7th March 2003

Hey guys, as I put together my HD III system I have decieded to spend a portion of the budget on some Manley gear. I can justify...

renshen
replies: 29 views: 4,155
faeflora 7th March 2003

For those of us running analog and printing SMPTE on each reel, what level do you print at? Have you had any problems with bleed...

Jay Kahrs
replies: 4 views: 1,156
mixer 7th March 2003

Hi all! I've been a voyuer on this forum for a long time, getting great tips on gear and recording from you guys. I'm a little...

johnnyb2u
replies: 23 views: 3,655
Jules 7th March 2003

OK who has used 1inch two track? Who is interested to try it? Whats it like? Is it here to stay as a format? hittt

Jules
replies: 9 views: 2,272
Eskonen 6th March 2003

Enjoy these forums very much. (Noob-alert) What a strange world you "Gearslutz" live in, up until now I've only been...

mrjones
replies: 2 views: 1,117
mrjones 6th March 2003

Waddy'all think... http://www.apple.com/powermac/expansion.html

jon
replies: 26 views: 1,980
FOURTHTUNZ 5th March 2003

Guys, sorry to wear you out with questions but I have just done a little more research and need some wisdom to settle a...

RSMITH123
replies: 15 views: 1,169
Fletcher 5th March 2003

Hi, I am a noob with a new hd 1 set up. In terms of a/d/a and cd burning, all I have is a Digi 192 i/0 and the cdr in my...

guittarzzan
replies: 7 views: 1,350
Dave Martin 5th March 2003

Howdy all.... Was the deal with 3M tape decks? I have heard that some have called them the 'fattest' decks on eart...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 14 views: 1,613
mcsnare 5th March 2003

Anyone out there good enough to share some of their favorite 1176ln settings? I'm running vocals thru a Telefunken V76 pre with a...

Dynodawg
replies: 16 views: 10,435
thethrillfactor 5th March 2003

On quite a few projects (especially songwriter demos), I have to mix and master in the box, or at least not out to a...

doug_hti
replies: 9 views: 1,267
thethrillfactor 4th March 2003

Poor/Starving Touring Musician In between tours looking for work!!! If any of you guys work in Orange County Or LA and need an...

Engineer86
replies: 0 views: 846
Engineer86 4th March 2003

Any feelings on this unit? Is the Cranesong Spider, way more superior? Or would API or Neve be the better choice?,.....I...

Cape
replies: 0 views: 1,107
Cape 3rd March 2003

I rented a 121 to try as a front of kit mic and I had it set up about 4 feet from the kit, about mid way between top of kick and...

Manny Grossman
replies: 4 views: 1,276
jwh1192 3rd March 2003

I will buy me two very good compressors in my studio...I use pres from API, Focusrite and Neotek Elite pres. Okay, what should I...

Finstad
replies: 34 views: 4,631
Wiggy Neve Slut 3rd March 2003

Well well, so I hear of this Daking Compressor on the 1176/MC76 thread. Interessssting.rollz So what's some other not so...

faeflora
replies: 7 views: 1,416
kosi 3rd March 2003

I'm PT HD, also have a HEDD 192 I use on the master fader. I've been bouncing to disk primary in HD but have heard good things...

jho
replies: 35 views: 3,169
RobMacki 2nd March 2003

anyone heard or tested the apogee ad /da 16 yet ? comments, worth the price , etc .........

andre tchmil
replies: 2 views: 820
cymatics 28th February 2003

Hi folks! which plugin can provide me an accurate reading of the RMS overal left ( Left + Right) of my final mastered files with...

Alécio Costa
replies: 6 views: 2,248
Alécio Costa 27th February 2003

Yesterday a client asked if the following exists : a format that will play in both normal CD players and a dvd player. For...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 9 views: 1,868
atticus 26th February 2003

Well...it seems that I'm stuck. I'm not really sure what to buy next. I hope you guys can help. My first thought was 8...

out1ear
replies: 18 views: 2,239
sonic dogg 25th February 2003

I wasn't going to buy one of these until I could afford the Slam but I'd like an extra comp, like real soon I can't wait for the...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 45 views: 7,407
jon 25th February 2003

After hearing the Royer demo CD, the first thing I noticed after realizing that the R-121 is a great sounding mic is that the...

Manny Grossman
replies: 7 views: 2,126
robp 25th February 2003

I'm intrigued by all the great things I hear about Schoeps Microphones. I have checked the Schoeps site and the RAP archives...

rll
replies: 8 views: 2,707
Roland 23rd February 2003

Anybody know what one of these costs wholesale? Heard a rumor that API/ATI may have put a discount on to dealers any...

woods
replies: 11 views: 2,358
adamcal 22nd February 2003

i got an o2r and g4dp 1gig runing logic platinum 5.5 and a motu2408 markI . my qustion is- who should be the slave the mac or...

mac black
replies: 16 views: 2,353
Zep Dude 21st February 2003

So recently I think i got a god complex after making one of the worst drummers I ever worked with sound like a god on a record...

Cannon Fo So
replies: 62 views: 5,196
Jules 21st February 2003

I 've been using a Tube tech mono (CL2 B ? Is that it? Always forget the name on that one) for the last 10 years. I sang into a...

Ianneve
replies: 45 views: 6,868
Bob Olhsson 21st February 2003

I've reached the point where I would like to get a supernice "go to" condenser for the studio.Currently my best mics...

Saucyjack
replies: 9 views: 7,784
RKrizman 20th February 2003

Hey guys, over the last few weeks you have answered many questions for me, and this week (friday) I will purchase a HDIII, pro...

renshen
replies: 49 views: 3,543
FOURTHTUNZ 20th February 2003

Well, the Euphonix truck is cruising the states trying to swing deals on the new Max Air board. I spent some time in the truck...

RSMITH123
replies: 28 views: 2,684
TXDigi 19th February 2003

Hey everyone, I was making my rounds of the local music stores like always, checking the consignment racks for that rare...

nemisis633
replies: 0 views: 1,521
nemisis633 18th February 2003

So the band I am working with is freinds with this big band on MTV who made a truely amasing sounding record. They keep telling...

Cannon Fo So
replies: 5 views: 1,474
out1ear 18th February 2003

This is more out of curiosity,but I just noticed the release of the new 4 channel ISA Pre-amp... It's the Pre from the ISA 110,...

nemisis633
replies: 3 views: 4,372
Bernd G 17th February 2003

Has anyone had any luck using the graphical mode of Autotune 3 (Direct X) within the LOGIC environment? It seems to be a mess:...

Bernd G
replies: 0 views: 1,253
Bernd G 17th February 2003

So as well 3 weeks from now I will be doing something I just about never do. Recording BIG guitars at home. I got a JCM 2000,...

Cannon Fo So
replies: 13 views: 1,546
jon 17th February 2003

Hello all Does anyone know anything about Altec vintage pres and compressors? Are they good how do they compare to other...

MephistoOdyssey
replies: 8 views: 6,020
mig27 17th February 2003

Howdy... I was doina asessiona ta a mates studio last nite and it has been some time since i carted my gear around somewhere...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 9 views: 1,567
ghoost 17th February 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search