The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've done lots of experimenting with mics lately on acoustics and overheads. I have the Royer 121s and love them but they have a...

chap
replies: 6 views: 1,502
BattleAngel 5th April 2003

Is the apogee UV22 considered the "best" dither/wordlength reduction? Almost all digital processors/software has...

Unknown soldier
replies: 26 views: 2,741
thethrillfactor 5th April 2003

I may be doing a session on one soon(mixing), has anyone here had any experience on one? Any pitfalls i should look out...

thethrillfactor
replies: 2 views: 2,447
bjornson 4th April 2003

I have a C800g for my project studio. It is my only vocal mic. Like most people who have used this mic, when it works for a ...

epicenter800
replies: 14 views: 2,125
RKrizman 4th April 2003

Jon should should recognize this one :

C.Lambrechts
replies: 8 views: 1,845
C.Lambrechts 4th April 2003

What's your favorite shock and awe gear, your secret weapon, the icing on the cake, the piece of gear that will scare the demo...

Killahurts
replies: 39 views: 3,895
TinderArts 3rd April 2003

I was just on Manley's mausoleum page and came across this mic. Is it just me or does this thing look really cute!? Did anyone...

BattleAngel
replies: 5 views: 1,597
BattleAngel 31st March 2003

now this is really a "high" end topic, even though it might be a little touchy: In the early '80s I felt that quite...

mwagener
replies: 110 views: 11,611
Ted Nightshade 31st March 2003

Hi, Any comments on either the AMEK/Neve 9098 DMA or their DMCL (Pure Paths) ? If I only have the resources to buy one...

charleslee
replies: 10 views: 2,632
FOURTHTUNZ 30th March 2003

I haven't had time to really **** with this thing at all yet, but let me just say... this is one beautiful piece of equipment. On...

BattleAngel
replies: 5 views: 3,961
BattleAngel 28th March 2003

Has anyone noticed on the HEDD 192, when using both the D/A and A/D (synchroniously) that the L+R A/D are 1 sample off from each...

thethrillfactor
replies: 20 views: 1,893
RKrizman 28th March 2003

Hello All, Is there a maximum cable length standard for 110 ohm aes? I imagine that the devices on either end will have some...

Sofa King
replies: 2 views: 1,407
Sofa King 27th March 2003

At AES in Amterdam the Prism stand was right next to the digidesign stand .... prism anouncing in SKY HIGH posters that their...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 2 views: 1,388
speerchucker 27th March 2003

Unfortunatley, I don't have a lot of experience using different micing techniqes on drums scince most of the material I record is...

Dynodawg
replies: 19 views: 2,884
studjo 26th March 2003

Just wondering if anyone out there has been running their digital gear at a ref level of -16? I had been thinking of...

paterno
replies: 34 views: 4,050
robdarling 26th March 2003

Hello, I have aquired an 1178, an LA4 and 1176. I am going to have them looked at by an electronics technologist in my...

woods
replies: 5 views: 1,326
Alpha world 25th March 2003

What is your approach when it come to mixing drums as in how much of the end result is the actual recording. Im working with a...

ultima
replies: 37 views: 5,856
e-cue 25th March 2003

Given the choice of a Manley Gold Reference or a Lawson L47mp, which would you choose? I'm just doing some preliminary research...

amanitas
replies: 2 views: 1,127
littledog 25th March 2003

Is anyone using the DAC1 to send the Mix buss to a compressor? Or, are people just using it to monitor with? Thanks -

oortnyc
replies: 20 views: 2,499
Bob Olhsson 25th March 2003

Hey all, Bryan here... You've got $20,000. Build me an amazing sounding DAW. Please do not factor in a computer, mics, or...

Heterodox
replies: 18 views: 1,904
nbutter 24th March 2003

That 'Jeep' Harned, the man who brought us AE's MCI recording equipment, had died on the 12th of this month. I have to go on...

loudist
replies: 7 views: 1,510
MIKEHARRIS 24th March 2003

Hello all, Id like to get an idea of where you all think production ends and songwriting begins. take care

Sofa King
replies: 12 views: 6,618
Jules 23rd March 2003

hi everyone i just got an HD3 system with some extras and would like to know the best way to do the cabling. i'll be...

Mastersonics
replies: 9 views: 1,270
Mastersonics 23rd March 2003

Hi all, a while ago my sister gave me a pair of high end speakers. They must be about twenty years old. Pritty nice stuff,...

Ruphus
replies: 0 views: 1,605
Ruphus 22nd March 2003

Has the Vintech 473 hit the market yet? Does anyone have experience with it/an opinion. How about a price?

juniorhifikit
replies: 0 views: 2,591
juniorhifikit 21st March 2003

First to the guys I've been supposed to send stuff too I apologize for not getting it out yet. (Grad School has been kickin my...

no ssl yet
replies: 8 views: 1,500
jazzius 21st March 2003

I'm still searching for an analog console and so far it's down to an Audient or D&R. I've just heard there is an Otari...

Beech
replies: 4 views: 1,975
Beech 20th March 2003

hi , i want to record vocals etc, and also use it for BUS compression. Does someone tried it too...

RobAcid
replies: 7 views: 1,391
Drumsound 20th March 2003

I just bought a R880 w/ the GC8 remote and I have been doing some thinking in ways of how/if the product is supported by...

barforama
replies: 2 views: 2,612
barforama 19th March 2003

This part of a mix is often the most challenging for me. I want the kick to be felt, and the bass to be heard. Or is that...

dBunny
replies: 45 views: 4,460
robot gigante 19th March 2003

about to purchase a trak2 ..... been considering getting the DA option (8 channels only available ), along with the DIGI-8 AMbus...

gio.g
replies: 0 views: 1,382
gio.g 19th March 2003

Does any of you know of a good web resource about Neve consoles of the last series (VR) There seems to be plenty of info on...

Fantomaz
replies: 7 views: 1,578
thethrillfactor 19th March 2003

Today I cracked ... my tv has been acting strange ... nice big Sony (about 10 years old) and my VCR stopped recording a while ago...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 12 views: 1,351
blackcatdigi 19th March 2003

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for some sort of mastering plugin suite. I looked at TC's offerings as well as some of the...

nemisis633
replies: 4 views: 3,654
doug_hti 19th March 2003

I've never used one before. I see they use Jensen trannies. So would you say this is similar to and API? What would you...

out1ear
replies: 18 views: 3,627
John Hardy 19th March 2003

I want to upgrade to a decent Mic Pre and was wondering if any of you big boy engineers out there can enlighten us as to what...

itsthenoise
replies: 0 views: 1,449
itsthenoise 18th March 2003

So, have any of you upgraded to PT 6 under OS X? Good or bad experiences to share? Added features versus potential...

jon
replies: 7 views: 1,316
mixer 17th March 2003

I contacted someone about a nice piece of high end gear they have for sale. The price quoted to me is a little less than one half...

BattleAngel
replies: 35 views: 4,296
mig27 17th March 2003

What is out there that is programmable / stackable / linkable / offers software controlable programming solutions with recall...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 4 views: 1,639
Mats Olsson 16th March 2003

Is it just me, or does it screw with the tone of what goes into it in a bad way? I just got back from hanging with a...

paterno
replies: 14 views: 1,371
Brad Blackwood 16th March 2003

Hi all, What are your thoughts on max distance between mics and pres? I have my pres in their own portable racks right now but...

Ted
replies: 5 views: 1,147
hollywood_steve 16th March 2003

In the archives there's mention of a new Manley EQ, an 8 channel (4 x) Massive Passive. Anyone know when this is due out and how...

Renie
replies: 15 views: 2,248
thethrillfactor 14th March 2003

Hi, Need to clear my head......maybe someone can see a way of doing the following? Working on a punky pop (blondie type)...

Nik
replies: 11 views: 1,607
recorderman 14th March 2003

Well, being a true gear slut, I've bought an innerTUBE Atomic Squeeze Box without having read any reviews. I saw it on eBay and...

BattleAngel
replies: 9 views: 1,298
BattleAngel 14th March 2003

Has anyone used this mic? I am looking to pick up a relative cheapy to take on the road with me. I have used the more expensive...

kaiser
replies: 13 views: 3,653
alba359 13th March 2003
replies: 11 views: 5,912
BattleAngel 13th March 2003

Hi guys, Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with Fazioli pianos? How would they compare to a Steinway B for studio...

jon
replies: 8 views: 4,177
Bryce 13th March 2003

Hey guys, I have a friend who is proposing to sell his 10-year old Yamaha C6 for $11k. It's in decent shape and plays very...

jon
replies: 6 views: 4,198
BevvyB 13th March 2003

Sorry to appeal to you all here on this forum, but we're looking for AD8000SEs, a MixPlus, an H3000SE, a GML8200 EQ, a pair of...

jon
replies: 11 views: 1,440
thethrillfactor 12th March 2003

I'd love to hear your thoughts on getting the most out of the bass guitar, pre and post.

snapper
replies: 29 views: 3,413
mdbeh 12th March 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search