The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

HEY GUYS. I NEED ADVICE ON PURCHASING A GOOD STEREO BUSS COMPRESSOR. TUBES PREFERRED BUT ALTERNATIVES ARE WELCOME. I DO...

andre tchmil
replies: 37 views: 7,470
barforama 23rd June 2003

just picked this up a little while back. Vocals have great presence now but are sounding kinda "harsh" for lack of a...

snedley
replies: 10 views: 2,882
davemc 23rd June 2003

It has dawned on me that my "weakest link' is probably my MOTU converters. I can start with a pair. Looking for some...

snedley
replies: 8 views: 1,381
Wiggy Neve Slut 23rd June 2003

Anybody running into any problems software/hardware wise with these? I just picked mine up and from the first night's toying...

Heterodox
replies: 17 views: 2,576
littledog 23rd June 2003

I like my protools HD/control 24 setup but ya know grass is better in Maui syndromeabduction Wondering how those of you that...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 1 views: 821
springman 23rd June 2003
replies: 10 views: 1,645
Mike Tholen 20th June 2003

calrec pq1061 vs. neve 1073 Thinking of purchasing one or two vintage racked ch strips. Can someone compare the mic pres...

theom
replies: 6 views: 3,439
Fletcher 20th June 2003

Hi Guys, Just finalizing my studio plan, and thought I would post it and see what you guys like or not like. New Indent Plan...

davemc
replies: 58 views: 6,029
davemc 20th June 2003

Howdy slutz... Whilst never been much of an AT afficiendo, they seem to have come up with a strange mic that has more than...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 7 views: 1,928
Jay Kahrs 20th June 2003

After reading e-cue's response to another thread about not fearing seeing red peaks in protools channels I started to think about...

no ssl yet
replies: 15 views: 7,289
Robotnik 19th June 2003

First during recording of this guitarist, exellent flamenco...

plexi
replies: 46 views: 4,041
lowswing 18th June 2003

I knw that these speakers are very popular around the world and seem to be popping up everywhere i go for better or worse. I know...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 19 views: 9,057
juniorhifikit 18th June 2003

I would like to find a way to be able to control the volume of my monitors. Right now i'm coming out of my PT HD into a...

vudoo
replies: 11 views: 2,772
caughtup 18th June 2003

Hi, I have noticed several people comment on using high quality DIs on their hardware synth/samper outputs. How necessary is...

Steamy Williams
replies: 11 views: 2,647
fross 18th June 2003

Could someone describe the sonic differences they've heard betweeen a U-47 and an M-49. I know about the physical, tube, and...

springman
replies: 1 views: 1,476
C.Lambrechts 18th June 2003

anybody tried the mini-me? I have some remote recording coming up and I guess you can usb this into a laptop using spark or...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 14 views: 1,928
robot gigante 18th June 2003

Do all new Manley Var-Mu's have the T-Bar Mod standard? Is it just the older ones that need to be upgraded? Also is there anyone...

oortnyc
replies: 3 views: 2,163
ziegenh5 17th June 2003

The glowing reviews of the new Dark Side of The Moon SACD are cracking me up. I sat down this week and listened to the new mixes...

Greg Heimbecker
replies: 2 views: 1,158
MIKEHARRIS 17th June 2003

Does anyone have anything to say about this? I know it gets raves for guitar, but will it do vox? Drums? Will it do somewhat...

mml
replies: 4 views: 1,402
Syki 17th June 2003

Hey, Just finished mixing using the 2-bus LT. Superb unit. What an improvement. I have a question with regards to my signal...

Nik
replies: 15 views: 3,464
davemc 17th June 2003

Ya'll get your gear cash out on the table. Tracked a drum session this week, and I heard a prototype for a new little Yamaha...

smoothmoniker
replies: 11 views: 1,420
JSMITH 17th June 2003

Interested in what folks use for their mix bus? I know some guys always have a bunch of stuff strapped across their console...

hollywood_steve
replies: 8 views: 2,642
HEDDcase 17th June 2003

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but this issue is gnawing at me. Jules, you have reccommended the DAC-1 to improve...

darwin
replies: 40 views: 2,710
atticus 17th June 2003

I was looking to hear from people who use or have used the hardware version of the Waves L2 (the black box) and if anybody has...

Riccardo
replies: 7 views: 2,838
Brad Blackwood 16th June 2003

Maybe instead of the High end this page should be called the 2 buss!? All this talk of 2 buss comps has got me thinking about...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 8 views: 1,652
Jay Kahrs 16th June 2003

Has anyone tried the API 2500 on male vocals? I know it isn't it's primary purpose but just wondering what you guys think?

Coldsnow
replies: 3 views: 7,079
Etnier 16th June 2003

I've heard many good things about the Tube Tech SMC-2B and have been looking for another comp for a while now. I also do a lot...

faeflora
replies: 2 views: 1,683
cymatics 16th June 2003
replies: 12 views: 4,535
RobAcid 15th June 2003

Hello, I am having a real tough time deciding on my next upgrade purchase - and could use your advice and input. I was...

jlsgear
replies: 19 views: 3,207
maxim 14th June 2003

Hello, I'm interested in the two newest Chandler offerings, the TG1 and the TG2 but I thought the Beatles used V72's(talking...

ziegenh5
replies: 51 views: 8,408
wade goeke 13th June 2003

I'm no M-S expert, that's for sure, but i've noticed a couple of recent posts recommending the use of Royers (121's and 122's) as...

littledog
replies: 2 views: 831
lowswing 12th June 2003

time for a bus compressor. Has anybody done a direct comparison between the Solid State Logic FX384 and the Al Smart C2? I...

mwagener
replies: 33 views: 8,322
The Guru 12th June 2003

Hi there, I'm looking for someone in the Atlanta area who can take a look at a Harrison Pro-7 desk to see if it needs servicing....

Mantra
replies: 6 views: 2,951
Mantra 12th June 2003

I have the chance to pick up a new pair of CAD E300 for a very good price. Anybody using these mics...and what do you think of...

vudoo
replies: 0 views: 1,247
vudoo 10th June 2003

Hey all- I've been the owner of a sweet Pearl MMX kit (that Dennis Chambers played at a clinic- neat) for a few years now. The...

BattleAngel
replies: 32 views: 3,653
chrisso 10th June 2003

Hi all- So I've just come into a little bit of money and would like to do a small ($1000-2000) update to my home project...

infiniteposse
replies: 9 views: 1,394
Teacher 9th June 2003

I am seriously considering buying the Sony DMXr-100. Any reasons why I should or shouldn't? I am a Musician, who produces my...

KazRemark
replies: 36 views: 5,307
Fudd 9th June 2003

Fellow Slutz-- I have a problem with my vocal chain. I am recording my own voice in my home studio using the...

Buddhaman
replies: 23 views: 2,219
maxim 8th June 2003

Extracted this from the studio plan thread as no one has touched the gear part yet. I want to know in general if you used a...

davemc
replies: 15 views: 2,540
davemc 8th June 2003

I useually lightly compress my vox going into PTLE. (just to take the top off)..my RNC into my ME-1NV has been doing a...

Bobalou
replies: 7 views: 1,254
Fibes 6th June 2003

I am looking to set up a relationship with a pro-audio dealer in NYC. So that I can try out some gear to use for a Major Label...

oortnyc
replies: 5 views: 1,281
Phil Cibley 6th June 2003

In another thread about converters, a few people mentioned that Apogee was going to release some new whiz-bang products. Nobody...

faeflora
replies: 6 views: 1,633
robdarling 6th June 2003

It's my birthday on Friday so I treated myself to an essential piece of gear I was missing: a really phenomenal acoustic guitar....

BattleAngel
replies: 13 views: 1,958
ozraves 6th June 2003

what's the word on this unit for a mix buss comp/limit application? thx guy

lowswing
replies: 2 views: 3,301
StuartMac 5th June 2003

hi guys i'm just planning to upgrade (finally) my home studio from 8 i/o's to 32 i/o's. i do mostly electronic music, from...

stardustmedia
replies: 47 views: 5,822
chap 4th June 2003
replies: 2 views: 1,290
Michael Hammar 4th June 2003

Hi , I own a UA M610 mic pre ... As you know , there is no metering of any kind on these - I know that the new 6176 box has...

jlsgear
replies: 4 views: 1,670
jlsgear 3rd June 2003

someone is trying to sell me a homemade lunchbox containg 4 NTI EQ3. It has 2 x 5band + air band and 2 x EQ2. The only wierd...

vudoo
replies: 0 views: 1,383
vudoo 2nd June 2003

I have a pair of great condition ADAM S2A, would twenty five hundred dollars ($2,500) be a good asking price ? what do you...

saleen 351
replies: 3 views: 1,117
DigitMus 2nd June 2003

Hi: I am interested in opinions on the following micpres for drums. - Brent Averill 1073 Clone - Chandler LT1 1073...

mojava
replies: 32 views: 4,801
jho 2nd June 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search