The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have recently purchased much high-end audio gear. I have been using it for a while now with great results. After reading a few...

Auxillary
replies: 11 views: 1,386
dtobocman 3rd December 2003

First off, this is my first post . . . *Stands up* "Hi everybody, my name is RyanR, and I admit it - I am a gear slut"...

RyanR
replies: 0 views: 1,034
RyanR 3rd December 2003

i need a manual for the h3000 urgently, eventide wants 35$ for it (!#?!!) but it would take 2 weeks to get and i need it...

lowswing
replies: 0 views: 689
lowswing 3rd December 2003

I'm sick of my Avalon U5s. I never use the EQ (ever!) and compared to other amplification devices, they're pretty dirty, in an...

faeflora
replies: 51 views: 8,626
AudioGaff 3rd December 2003

Hey All I'm looking for a piano room in the greater LA area (SFV would be best) that has a midi-fied piano. The project is...

smoothmoniker
replies: 2 views: 1,161
RKrizman 3rd December 2003

I asked these two questions in other peoples threads but they werent answered, so I thought I would just ask in my own...

rjx
replies: 0 views: 684
rjx 3rd December 2003

As we can see from several threads, a direct shootout between Mytek and Rosetta 800 would be highly interesting. If someone has...

ISedlacek
replies: 7 views: 3,349
carloff 2nd December 2003

I know this is off topic, but I thought I would give it a shot and see if I would get any responses. It would be good for someone...

rjx
replies: 1 views: 1,319
stealthbalance 2nd December 2003

Hi, I've read some people saying that they don't hit their converters that hard as compared to how they approach recording to...

guittarzzan
replies: 14 views: 3,302
faeflora 2nd December 2003

Who sells high quality stand alone or rack mountable VU meters that are accurate? I want something big. And...

faeflora
replies: 5 views: 6,325
Berolzheimer 2nd December 2003

Hello fellow Slutz! I'm going to purchase a Dangerous 2 Buss this week so I can use it with my HD3 system. Originally I was...

eskay
replies: 35 views: 4,100
Bob Olhsson 2nd December 2003

Do you ever use the Soft Limit option to record at higher levels? Jason

Jason Poulin
replies: 4 views: 1,114
jazzius II 1st December 2003

What would be the best pre for inside and outside of the kick drum when it came to doing alternative rock music? My mic inside...

ixnys
replies: 25 views: 3,871
jon 1st December 2003

For those of you who missed it, Greg Calbi was on NPR's Weekend Edition this morning. Go here and scroll down to...

Drumsound
replies: 2 views: 2,527
Marshall Simmons 1st December 2003

Prism ADA8

I know , another converter thread....but still, Anyone used it? I'm getting one next week to test and i cant buy anything...

mac black
replies: 40 views: 4,189
Paul Gold 1st December 2003

I am going to mix a whole record in 5.1, but have not done it before. It is a heavy metal band who will relase a special eddition...

Finstad
replies: 1 views: 749
jwh1192 30th November 2003

hi guys because i appriciate all your pro opinions in here im asking YOU what you think about the hardware L2 from...

stardustmedia
replies: 17 views: 3,607
Albert 30th November 2003

I`m thinking about getting a spider but I`m wondering about the mic pres on it. I know there s`posed to be very good but I...

kevinc
replies: 16 views: 2,533
Ckevperry 30th November 2003

I have Mytek stereo AD (before had Apogee Rosetta which was a league below). I would need another two top quality AD channels. I...

ISedlacek
replies: 6 views: 1,400
De chromium cob 30th November 2003

I have a home studio where I produce jingles for Radio/Tv! So I bought the ISA 220 to have it as a complete channel strip. I...

midiman123
replies: 15 views: 3,914
tunesmith 30th November 2003

I am pretty happy with the mics I have for vocals, I often end up using small diaphragm condensers such as KM84 or Gefell PM860,...

Joba
replies: 16 views: 3,363
dave-G 30th November 2003

Has anyone hear try the mini dac by apogee? I only see talk about the Benchmark DAC-1. The mini dac has the same D/A's as the...

lj Potyk
replies: 4 views: 2,132
jon 28th November 2003

Bro, you've put up half a dozen threads about which is "the best" for specific applications... the answer to your...

Fletcher
replies: 22 views: 2,168
cally 28th November 2003

Anyone know of an absolute low price on the HEDD? I don't make a lot of money, so I need that bargain ;) Thanks for any help....

rjx
replies: 3 views: 1,629
MIKEHARRIS 28th November 2003

I knew I shouldn't have missed this year's AES show in NYC. What's really strange is that I keep finding out about products that...

hollywood_steve
replies: 2 views: 1,116
mr.gefell 27th November 2003

Hi dudes, Any Spider user experienced about dealing with the trs inserts? Ideas and experiences about wiring some balanced...

manuel alcaraz
replies: 2 views: 1,125
manuel alcaraz 26th November 2003

I apologize if this isn't okay for geekslutz. I'm looking to rent a varispeed unit for my A80 2 track for a day or so. I just...

Paul Gold
replies: 4 views: 1,608
BeeGee 26th November 2003

What would be your best choice pre for SNARE? I do alternative rock music. I usually strap a LA2A on the snare before going...

ixnys
replies: 25 views: 4,331
Wiggy Neve Slut 26th November 2003

Hi all, I'm mixing a voice over recording that has too much room tone. What's the best way to eliminate as much room tone...

vudoo
replies: 9 views: 4,026
Impurifier 26th November 2003

What seems to be an incredible dual mic pre for Bass gtr? I record DI as well as AMP. I was doing some research and it seems...

ixnys
replies: 17 views: 3,155
ozraves 26th November 2003

morning all, Who's using what Mains these days? I was always a big Dyn M4 fan but it seems that they really never took off in...

entropy
replies: 2 views: 1,466
Jay Kahrs 26th November 2003

I'm in the midst of figuring out new preamps to buy. I'm looking for an INCREDIBLE vox preamp. I already have the Millenia...

ixnys
replies: 25 views: 7,216
ixnys 25th November 2003

What would be your top choice pre for alternative rock electric guitars? I own a PRS Santana custom model and Gibson 58 Reissue....

ixnys
replies: 15 views: 1,895
ixnys 25th November 2003

does anyone know this ribbon mic?

lowswing
replies: 22 views: 2,835
Bob Olhsson 24th November 2003

I'm looking to buy a new 2ch mic pre (maybe with eq). I want to spend around $1200-$1800. I have a pair of 9098 micpre/eq modules...

drew
replies: 21 views: 5,328
1484 24th November 2003

Having Digi 001 I want to increase the connectivity of digital devices and I am thinking to buy Alesis AI-4 AES EBU - ADAT...

ISedlacek
replies: 2 views: 2,941
ISedlacek 24th November 2003

Hi I am looking for a console for the studio and am considering various things. The Neoteks get mentioned again and again, and...

Jack Ruston
replies: 4 views: 1,273
Jules 24th November 2003

I came to the forum for advice and someone mentioned this piece. I looked at it and bought it. It's ****in great. First day it...

drew
replies: 4 views: 2,952
imacgreg 24th November 2003

does any one has expiriense with the neumann km7x series (km73, 74, 76)? how are they compared to km84 etc? thanx

lowswing
replies: 2 views: 920
lowswing 24th November 2003

How thrill how is your test drive with API 8200 abd 7800 combo... How do they sound compare to SMB-2? Do they worth the extra...

Rainchild
replies: 3 views: 1,529
thethrillfactor 24th November 2003

Hey all, has anyone had any joy recording guitars using a pre-power set up as opposed to a stack or combo? My dilema is...

saint
replies: 4 views: 1,016
tenton 23rd November 2003

I'm thinking the best pre's for my toms would be the API 3124+'s. Although I have heard the Chandler TG-2's are great as well. ...

ixnys
replies: 4 views: 2,325
Jason Poulin 23rd November 2003

Hi, just curious if any of you are using the studio network solutions fibredrive with your protools rig and what kind of...

guittarzzan
replies: 1 views: 717
Volodia 22nd November 2003

What would be your top choice for an OH pre for ROCK? I use either KM184's or B.L.U.E. Blueberries as my OH mics. My AD/DA is...

ixnys
replies: 0 views: 1,750
ixnys 22nd November 2003

I'm not offering up a nomination, I'm asking for yours. Blake's engineering work that best applies here is that done with Sheryl...

writethis
replies: 21 views: 4,251
shikawkee 22nd November 2003

hi, i armed my studio yet with another piece of equipment : the h3000. i'll appriciate if you share with me tips and tricks and...

lowswing
replies: 6 views: 2,588
mac black 22nd November 2003

Might be able to get my hand on one... Did anyone ever use it? How good is it for 2buss pre stc8? Thanks Mac

mac black
replies: 0 views: 819
mac black 22nd November 2003

Hello, I'm new and have been lurking for quite some time. I am about to make that jump, or leap rather to my journey towards...

NuSkoolTone
replies: 12 views: 1,409
Steve Smith 22nd November 2003

I've asked this before when it comes to mix buss but now I'd like to know what your thoughts on doing for individual tracks. ...

Jason Poulin
replies: 13 views: 1,223
joeq 21st November 2003

Hi folks, I was hoping to get some feedback on a good choice for a large d.c. mic for tracking vocals, and I am looking at the...

mattmccloskey
replies: 17 views: 2,369
MIKEHARRIS 21st November 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search