The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

There's been a lot of talk lately on mixing. A lot of people are talking about not using inserts, parallel compression, bus...

Drumsound
replies: 16 views: 1,758
Faderjockey 13th December 2003

I'm considering opening a new studio and naturally the protools question has arisen. I personally don't want to run down this...

AlphaDingo
replies: 28 views: 3,189
Curve Dominant 13th December 2003

I've been messing around with my Crane Song Trakkers for 2 bus stuff and I'm finding that Opto/Air opto mode can do some real...

faeflora
replies: 3 views: 1,737
NathanEldred 13th December 2003

what do you think of any of the B&W speakers. I'm not happy with the studio's current speakers, and i want to move to a far...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 12 views: 5,099
Brad Blackwood 13th December 2003

Hi there, I can get a Cranesong Spider for a killer price. For that I have to trade in my two Avalon Ad 2022 pre amps...

Shaman
replies: 19 views: 1,976
Shaman 12th December 2003

Just wondering. Nobody seems to carry Weiss products yet they seem to be a standard in most high end mastering labs. Had my eye...

duaneadam
replies: 4 views: 1,413
MIKEHARRIS 12th December 2003

I'm familiar with the features and specs of these units but I'd like to hear from people who have used either or both of them. ...

groovestix
replies: 9 views: 3,841
ISedlacek 12th December 2003

It looks like I soon may have accidentally somehow managed to save up enough for a GR MP2-NV. I don't know how it happened, but...

Jax
replies: 62 views: 6,170
Sir Bob 12th December 2003

What do you guys tend to use the TLA-100 compressor on? After a short test period I found it to be very sweet and useful on...

Lindell
replies: 12 views: 3,641
Sofa King 12th December 2003

Very soon I'm going to do my own "mic-pre/channel strip shootout" at the local GC, and could use some help with...

Liam Judah
replies: 12 views: 4,484
Jason Poulin 11th December 2003

anyone know what this is? no markings on it that i can see. http://homepage.mac.com/zimv20/PhotoAlbum9.html

zimv20
replies: 1 views: 1,621
zimv20 11th December 2003

Greets, I am trying to evaluate several mics, pres, and converters. Yep, I got the 3DCD's. But I want to hear these things on...

natpub
replies: 1 views: 1,262
Fletcher 11th December 2003

hi everyone, here is the most essential question of the year: does anyone have an idea of what would be the price range of...

zarathoustra
replies: 7 views: 2,598
jbchef 11th December 2003

The unit is called CA 73 Hi , does anybody know this unit ?Can it be compared to a Vintech x73i in terms of sound quality and...

Enrico Cremones
replies: 0 views: 2,305
Enrico Cremones 11th December 2003
replies: - views: -
RobAcid 10th December 2003

Hi... I'm using my Hedd 192 for a master clock for our PTHD. Any thoughts as to which would be the best way to slave...

duende
replies: 12 views: 1,986
duende 10th December 2003

Slutz!.....sorry 'bout this but here's another thread asking about which pre to buy. I need: Stereo DI for my...

jazzius II
replies: 12 views: 1,618
Dan-O 10th December 2003

Can't believe my ears guys...and the room is even on the small side... spaced pair, smooth highs and an overall sound that needs...

syra
replies: 7 views: 2,027
De chromium cob 10th December 2003

If i was going for a Microphone which could be used on: Acustic instruments (Cello, Guitar and stuff like that) ...

loke
replies: 1 views: 1,733
kaipiranha 10th December 2003

I'm trying to figure out which preamp to buy, as far as pre's go I have the True precision 8's, dbx 386, focusrite penta, and UA...

JBRecording
replies: 51 views: 6,750
Fletcher 9th December 2003

14 dear all: I find a ISA blue 215 Pre/EQ. is it same as ISA 110??? I heard the pre is much better and the EQ is...

Bobo
replies: 1 views: 2,792
guru007 9th December 2003

I'm just getting into exploring my new KSP8. One thing I was hoping was that it might be able to fill a "finalizer"...

wolfhound
replies: 35 views: 4,462
Geosync 9th December 2003

EQ

Hi, Looking for a link on EQ tutorials, high pass, low pass shelving etc etc Thanks Ac

ac0ust1c
replies: 2 views: 1,613
Ethan Winer 9th December 2003

Posted earlier in a different topic: Still looking for suggestions!!!! Hey Guys, I am running a digi001 with a rosetta 800 via...

Tmlaudio
replies: 6 views: 1,688
logichead 9th December 2003

I want to move on due to the end of NS , is there any similar replacement for it? Mac hidz

mac black
replies: 21 views: 3,886
De chromium cob 8th December 2003

SO.....how do you like it? DI, mic'd up, mix of both? Where do you like to boost, where do you like to cut EQ wise? What pre or...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 9 views: 2,799
smoothmoniker 8th December 2003

Hi, I already have an Avalon 737sm Mercenary Edition. I've been looking for a 2nd preamp/comp/eq to be able to record...

PRS_Steve
replies: 4 views: 2,755
patrox247 8th December 2003

I would sure appreciate advice on first steps for hardware gear in my home studio. I have basically been on the "mix in the...

Mike H
replies: 18 views: 2,058
Mike H 8th December 2003

Here's my situation. As of right now I'm still converting via my finalizer + into protools via 24 bit Adat bridge. The...

no ssl yet
replies: 11 views: 1,740
PRS1JAZZ 7th December 2003

Anybody has any info on these? I used to record voice overs with one back then, but I never really inquired about it, and now I...

Petermix
replies: 6 views: 3,820
John Hardy 7th December 2003

Hi chaps.... Could I ask if anyone has any experience with Spendor SA100 or Klien & Hummel O100? I mix using Genelec...

Nik
replies: 19 views: 3,723
cebolao 7th December 2003

Hi All, I am about to patch my studio and I wondered if anyone can ruffly give me an idea about how much i should be...

mac black
replies: 1 views: 1,144
Paul Gold 6th December 2003

i need to build some more gobos for my studio, some must have windows in them anyone got a plan of building such units? does...

lowswing
replies: 0 views: 3,280
lowswing 6th December 2003

Hello, I´m looking to buy a new reverb. I have worked quite a lot with Lexicon PCM-60 and PCM-70 and I really like their...

echorec
replies: 22 views: 4,656
DirkB 6th December 2003

Whats the difference between all the types of mics (ribbon, dynamic, condenser, crystal etc)? Their characteristics, what they...

rjx
replies: 2 views: 1,715
rjx 6th December 2003

A Partial list... intended for fun For discussion... Who's first???? _ Category 1 Record Of The Year (Award to...

Hank G.
replies: 0 views: 2,477
Hank G. 6th December 2003

Can you guys please recommand me whih is better for RnB, Hip hop and NUjazz stuff with ADK A48 as main mic for man...

carloff
replies: 7 views: 1,627
Ted Nightshade 5th December 2003

1)since the "recording" award winners sometimes leave us scratching our heads... is it possible for the moderator(s) to...

Hank G.
replies: 1 views: 2,698
C.Lambrechts 5th December 2003

Hey guys- someone recently told me that Throwing Copper by Live, one of my favorite sounding albums of the 90s, was recorded to...

BattleAngel
replies: 2 views: 1,596
bjornson 5th December 2003

Dan Lavry's posts alone should be required in all digital audio FAQ's. Read the thread and learn. Best non-math discussion...

Nathanael
replies: 55 views: 6,703
David Herbert 5th December 2003

Straight off: Apologies for posting a newbie (first post) question right into the high end forum, buit I think you guys will...

Rmorph
replies: 2 views: 1,609
davemc 5th December 2003

Has anyone heard this unit or even his mic pre's. Based on what I know about George's stuff, I would think the mic pre would be...

replies: 27 views: 6,121
Fletcher 5th December 2003

What is that console?

Auxillary
replies: 2 views: 2,660
Auxillary 5th December 2003

Yipee! I got some. Ok gearslut glow subsided. I just obtained some API 525's. The currently made ones and most references to...

grahluk
replies: 0 views: 1,101
grahluk 5th December 2003

who does it .... I mean .. who does more then tweak the presets at hand. I'll usually try to find a preset that meets the...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 11 views: 1,270
Ted Nightshade 4th December 2003

My STC-8/H has been acting up..the reading on the left meter only goes to Zero after 3-4 hrs.....I had sent it to Dave once......

Rainchild
replies: 3 views: 1,103
mr.gefell 4th December 2003

Hi All, Looking to upgrade my monitors and thinking of buying a pair of adams. I'm going to arrange me a listening somewhere,...

DirkB
replies: 14 views: 3,610
DirkB 4th December 2003

I know I posted something about this earlier this year but I'd like to get some fresh feedback on the subject. I've been playing...

Dynodawg
replies: 4 views: 2,030
Jules 4th December 2003

What tools do you use and what do you do with them to make a dynamic song have no dynamics at all? I'm talking about 2 bus work,...

faeflora
replies: 4 views: 1,201
thethrillfactor 4th December 2003

Just thinking out loud here.....but why is a Preamp called a "Pre" amp. What is it "Pre" to? Why isn't it...

ziegenh5
replies: 11 views: 1,039
Ruphus 4th December 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search