The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I bought a couple of Quad Eight 312 modules from an LA company called Rumble Kulture which were advertised as being mic pre and...

fuzzbox
replies: 0 views: 1,273
fuzzbox 8th March 2004

I am looking to build a modular, portable, mixing environment. I looked at the ASC tube traps, but those are too costly, and not...

Lowdbrent
replies: 1 views: 5,770
RobMacki 8th March 2004

Hi all, I just got two of the new TG Channels today. I will be putting them to the test the next couple of days and will...

Ted
replies: 10 views: 1,637
Shaman 7th March 2004

I need two.... I would like to think about a fairly universal mic that is around the $1200-1500 range and another that is...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 9 views: 1,707
Phosphene 7th March 2004

The Lavry blue converter has XLR AES/EBU in's and outs. Does anyone know how I would hook up this unit to Spdif/AES/EBU RCA...

lj Potyk
replies: 3 views: 2,821
fishtop_records 7th March 2004

I pretty much work in the same room but I'm starting to move around a little bit. I've always been a drummer/perc/programing guy...

cajonezzz
replies: 33 views: 5,624
toddro 7th March 2004

I know I'm a pain in the ass but I'm confussed. I'm looking to get a stereo compressor. I want something that can work for modern...

jameslugo
replies: 19 views: 2,246
krucifyx 7th March 2004

A little tune recorded from an early Vs880 ....about 19****---tried to capture that Ringo drum sound...little Harrison...

cjogo
replies: 3 views: 1,928
cjogo 7th March 2004

Since I've lent my entire back catalog of Tape Op mag to a friend of mine, I'm SOL here and I'm hoping for some help. Awhile...

concentric
replies: 2 views: 1,825
concentric 7th March 2004

I was going to buy an api pre but something else came up and I spent all my coins. So I need something to augment Mackie vlz and...

edyer
replies: 4 views: 2,989
edyer 7th March 2004

Does anyone know how to trace the history of a Trident 80C? I own serial number 021. Does that mean it was the 21st 80C that...

rr1073
replies: 4 views: 1,834
rr1073 6th March 2004

Just curious. Heres my pre situation Vintech dual 72 Amek 9098 stereo Joe meek british channel Mackie In the next...

KBOY
replies: 2 views: 921
Beezoboy 6th March 2004

Is there a dramatic difference between the Adam S2A's and Genelecs 1030A's? I have also heard the only Adam to get is the S3A's....

lj Potyk
replies: 5 views: 2,156
Drumsound 6th March 2004

Bass

Hello! Haven't had a whole lot of experience recording bass. Which of the following 3 set-ups would be best for capturing...

basement
replies: 33 views: 2,933
Phosphene 6th March 2004

So are there any good contenders with the Lynx AES-16 (now or upcoming) in the firewire market? I'm really becoming less and...

Heterodox
replies: 8 views: 1,506
Heterodox 6th March 2004

Hell I miss real music! Thinking of Happy Mondays. Kinky Afro... Everytime I hear that song - I get knocked down by the...

dim light
replies: 1 views: 599
dim light 5th March 2004

It seems to be that RADARs hardly ever appear on Ebay for sale. Do people love these things so much that they hang on to them...

Skip
replies: 15 views: 4,343
hifiaudio 5th March 2004

I now have 3 LA-3A's on hand here. Got one- had to have more. Hoping to start a thread of discussion on these boxes- possible...

Etnier
replies: 30 views: 6,084
Etnier 4th March 2004

Sorry to inflict this on everyone, but it's high time to improve the monitoring situation in my studio. And while the only...

rlg
replies: 46 views: 6,765
heinz 4th March 2004

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, if not please move it out. I have been recording at home for a...

nelsons
replies: 1 views: 1,152
thenewyear 4th March 2004

I picked up an R84 from Nathan at Atlas the day before yesterday. Nathan and Bridgette are great people! It was nice to meet...

toledo3
replies: 4 views: 3,107
frist44 4th March 2004

New All in One Unit! Cute, pricey; but I don't like combo units of anything http://www.openlabs.com/neko.php

Ray Sigmond
replies: 1 views: 1,836
bluelang 4th March 2004

I record/edit in ProTools, so I have a computer monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro) on the desktop in the studio, with the audio...

Mike H
replies: 3 views: 1,005
Mike H 4th March 2004

So I bought a benchmark DAC1 and for the 7 hours I used it sounded great. Problem is I come back the next day and get no sound....

The Man
replies: 4 views: 1,703
The Man 4th March 2004

Am trying to get an idea on the following pieces of kit b4 test driving. Mainly for bass, but possibly for guitars as well. What...

Mr.T
replies: 27 views: 2,180
De chromium cob 4th March 2004

Jules, you get a dose of some kind of moral superiority thing or was this a mistake? Type the work fuk with the proper...

Fletcher
replies: 57 views: 3,598
Tim L 3rd March 2004

This guy speaks my language. There's an article in the March issue of EM where he talks about recording drums for the new...

cdog
replies: 53 views: 6,081
Jay Kahrs 3rd March 2004

Hi all, Just got a Rumour box ... Was wondering what preset folks are finding works best for lead vocals ? I realize...

jlsgear
replies: 7 views: 1,964
jlsgear 3rd March 2004

Hi, Im going to a 3week mixing session at the Astoria on monday and over there they use PTHD system. I work on a mac G4 DP1ghz...

mac black
replies: 7 views: 1,171
mac black 3rd March 2004

Hello all, I need to hook up a pair of ns-10s and a pair of mackie 824's(soon to be upgraded, yuck) to my benchmark dac-1 how...

c.dizzle
replies: 1 views: 1,625
Beezoboy 3rd March 2004

I will be tracking drums for a high energy punk group soon (as if there arn't enough of those!). I need to get a very punchy...

Chris Parsons
replies: 6 views: 1,863
davemc 3rd March 2004

Hi, Most people seem to really like the HEDD 192 for its A/D, wordclock and the emulations. However, many seem lukewarm on...

jondoe
replies: 6 views: 1,497
DigitMus 3rd March 2004

...and I need help. I have only done really small stuff before, like Demos and stuff and althou I am a Slut in my soul my gear...

loke
replies: 12 views: 1,177
doug_hti 3rd March 2004

Ok, i've just built some new racks for my room, put in new carpet in the hallway and the back of the room (and laminate flooring...

XHipHop
replies: 14 views: 2,554
concentric 2nd March 2004

I was curious what pre-amps people use when they record their drums. I like the idea of using a variety of high end pre's as...

zxcv
replies: 16 views: 2,827
rainsinvelvet 2nd March 2004

Can anyone recommend some mics that work nicely with a CIB? Need flexibility for a portable rig- mainly for male and female...

jazzmitts
replies: 4 views: 1,011
jazzmitts 2nd March 2004

I want to thank everyone for there suggestions, and fletcher for advising me on the Phantom C. If I would not have bought the...

KBOY
replies: 3 views: 1,602
toledo3 1st March 2004

Hey all, Love this forum. Great info. I am looking for opinions on what pramps, vocal mics you guys use/recommend. It...

westside
replies: 15 views: 3,162
chessparov 1st March 2004

Hi, I see that some of you guys are using the audient console. I will be in the market fairly soon for getting my hands on a...

siambient
replies: 15 views: 5,520
bloke 1st March 2004

Hello! Done a lot of reading on this site and the DUC and have been unable to find the definitive answer to this question: ...

basement
replies: 6 views: 4,076
mixer 29th February 2004

My DAC-1 has arrived, it's just a little puppy. From all the pics I've seen I expected a big doggie! What's the tiny ears all...

leon
replies: 4 views: 1,155
leon 29th February 2004

...so last Xmas, I told my stepfather, who is a veteran builder and "woodsmith", I would like a nice, heavy-duty...

guittarzzan
replies: 5 views: 1,142
David Herbert 29th February 2004

Will there be any benefit to summing the analog outputs from a D8B to something like a D2B?

TML
replies: 14 views: 1,971
TML 29th February 2004

Hey everyone. What would you recommend for a Bass Power Amp or a Pre and Power Amp? I don't need a amp/cab combo, just a power...

faeflora
replies: 3 views: 3,883
kidtexas 29th February 2004

Studer A827 with remote went for $9000. Nice deal there. Then a 16 track headblock for same was $4750.

lucey
replies: 15 views: 2,010
Remoteness 28th February 2004

For a while, I have been thinking about building some gobos for Sonikwire, based on a design I saw on the Pink Floyd Live at...

concentric
replies: 2 views: 2,250
concentric 28th February 2004

Nice little british valve head ~15 watt... Anyone ever heard of Northcourt and have an opinion? I can't seem to find out much...

concentric
replies: 0 views: 2,318
concentric 27th February 2004

I'm digging the Sony Oxford EQ for PT LE. How much of a diff am I likely to hear between that plug and an excellent piece of...

basement
replies: 23 views: 2,891
Boogle 27th February 2004

Getting a pair of pre's. Heard the 312's. Liked the 312's. Need pre's for kicks/snares/samples/DI and everything else. TG-2...

johnnyblotter
replies: 1 views: 1,258
lucey 27th February 2004

Mine. 1. Weiss DS-MK2 2. Manley SLAM 3. Eventide H8000 4. Crane Song Ibis 5. TC Electronic M6000 Duaneadam

duaneadam
replies: 73 views: 10,089
relaxo 27th February 2004

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search