The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,474
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

AWS 924 users only: How are you guys maximizing the limited amount of channels for most creative flexibility during mixdown?...

ajv205
replies: 13 views: 2,558
Kronos147 53 minutes ago

What started out as 'let's build a few mics for our ear-candy friends', into making many new friends - ADK just wanted to give a...

Larry Villella
replies: 9 views: 374
Snoggin 58 minutes ago

My AKG The Tube microphone sounds somewhat muddy, and lacks some definition and clarity. Who is able to operates quality...

Renaud Charlier
replies: 0 views: 15
Renaud Charlier 1 hour ago

I recently acquired a pair of these. Active Mk2’s. I have to say that I am absolutely horrified how terrible the low end...

Benny Hill
replies: 6 views: 197
Plush 1 hour ago

Hi all, I've been frustrated by not finding what I want/need in a workstation desk for API's The Box 2. There just does not seem...

seattlesolder
replies: 8 views: 692
Johnny Dance 2 hours ago

Which is the comp compressor for a g 4000 the one waves emulaties i was thinking if getting a clone. the main ssl compressor that...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 1,269
crille_mannen 4 hours ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,884 views: 489,322
Monkey Man 4 hours ago

Hey! I have managed to get my hands on a pair of (rather badly) racked raindirk series 4 modules and I've been struggling like...

africantigercow
replies: 2 views: 608
Wiggy Neve Slut 7 hours ago

I'm not a 500 series guy and I have been thinking about the API channel strip to complement my Rupert Neve Portico gear. I'm...

Jason rocks
replies: 30 views: 7,590
MichaelBabb 8 hours ago

Just curious, as I was looking up something about it today I noticed that it is no longer on the Sweetwater site and it is also...

AudioGold
replies: 14 views: 627
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

So I'm tasked with getting sound into and out of this thing from Pro Tools. Its been sitting at a studio I'm working at for some...

StarfishMusic
replies: 9 views: 381
studer58 8 hours ago

Hey fellow slutz, I've been on a bit of a gear splurge this year and I'm looking to go for one more round of compressors and...

Dwilson
replies: 35 views: 3,790
Paul_G 9 hours ago

Hi fellows! Has any of you tried both the D&R and APB Dynasonics consoles side by side? So any comparison? Which one sounds...

margusalviste
replies: 47 views: 8,512
EvilRoy 12 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 208 views: 8,857
psycho_monkey 12 hours ago

Allright...I have been messing around with this a bunch and trying different configurations on my desk/DAW/CR. My console has a...

Motoxxx
replies: 30 views: 2,263
travis.funk 15 hours ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 426 views: 137,772
johannburkard 16 hours ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 13 views: 1,544
johnnyc 16 hours ago

Hey gang, I’m rebuilding the patch bay for a new board setup, and to make a long story much shorter, my TL;DR question is...

JHutty
replies: 1 views: 149
nosebleedaudio 17 hours ago

If you had to pick just one.

jahomuth
replies: 182 views: 24,273
Simsuk 17 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,541 views: 223,979
ARIEL 17 hours ago

Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor. are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?

Gearrhea
replies: 3 views: 735
loji 18 hours ago

Hi love to hear from people using these monitors. The few posts I have read seem to be very positive but not that much talk...

eclipse
replies: 13 views: 802
Rec_Eng 19 hours ago

Any idea what preamps/mixer they used as part of the overall sound? I love the silky roundness yet the fat bottom end (on Perfect...

MrVelvet
replies: 9 views: 3,759
12ax7 21 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,285 views: 1,718,207
bleen 21 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 798 views: 112,620
freeBase 21 hours ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 320 views: 92,708
Wabana66 22 hours ago

Zener Limiter, or one of the other 2254/diode based comps (ie: pair of AML 54f50, TG-1, etc)? What about pair of Germanium Comps...

fromthepuggle
replies: 181 views: 10,924
FlyingMusician 22 hours ago

Hello Folks. So I now have a very cool Ampex 440-b 1/4 inch 2 track. But I'm realizing that after going through the manual and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 11 views: 849
Jim Williams 22 hours ago

Hello slutz! I bought a second hand 312a 500 module about a year ago. Due to me being abroad for very long, I have only just...

omegaomega
replies: 3 views: 284
kellyd 23 hours ago

>Dual mono >Shelf/Bell switch on Hi Boost >Dual I/O paths, transformer and IC > Each transformer has it's own...

RogerFoote
replies: 12 views: 1,435
RogerFoote 1 day ago

The 169 footprint seems perfect for small production studios, I’m wondering why someone doesn’t make a small high end analog...

drockfresh
replies: 40 views: 2,794
12ax7 1 day ago

Hey Guys- I was wondering if anyone is recording DSD over PCM (DoP) in Protools? Currently I can record DoP but only on one...

Sweep
replies: 9 views: 1,028
DAH 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 967 views: 171,353
rez 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,598 views: 184,793
puriteaudio 1 day ago

I was looking into getting the 500 version of the 1A model. Are there any users of either model out there? How do they sound?...

Cooleyocity
replies: 59 views: 17,359
studeo74 1 day ago

Hi, I need your expert advice. Want to get a Hedd 192, but want to confirm proper clocking strategy with my setup before...

proxy
replies: 14 views: 815
MIKEHARRIS 1 day ago

If you had to describe the differences in sonic signature between the two what would it be? Also any modern pop songs you know...

Krush411
replies: 5 views: 659
steffo 1 day ago

How would you compare these two sonically? Going for modern vocals, pop, hiphop, etc...

Krush411
replies: 6 views: 606
nephew312 1 day ago

Hi folks, What's the best/proper way to adjust the azimuth on a mono tape head? In this case, it's the head in an old Roland...

milton
replies: 2 views: 236
milton 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,472 views: 1,133,365
Shaggy2039 1 day ago

I'm wondering if API The Box 2 users would share how the console is working for them. I'm seriously considering it for my next...

SoundWeavers
replies: 4 views: 1,001
LuXx 1 day ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 71 views: 11,303
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi, I've switched converters going from Steinberg MR816 to antelope audio Orion32. I'm running an MCI jh500 console. The...

windmill1234
replies: 4 views: 1,143
Waywardbs 1 day ago

I always loved the sonics of those two albuns. Checking in "AllMusic" they credit Dave Bascombe as engineer, mixing,...

Aumumano
replies: 91 views: 7,964
Sounds Great 1 day ago

I have been using the D-Box for years and like the transparency of the monitoring section. I don't use the summing section (use a...

eatthebeat
replies: 3 views: 1,579
phantomcenter 2 days ago

A Nakamichi DR-2 to be precise. Supposedly recently serviced, and cosmetically looks great. I'm hearing a lot more hiss than...

blackjam
replies: 14 views: 959
deejayen 2 days ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 84 views: 9,218
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 days ago

I'm not sure this is for High End or for general, but here we are. If you're only doing vocals 1-2 months a year, at what...

JES
replies: 37 views: 1,307
nudwig 2 days ago

Hi- I mix using a hybrid approach - 32 channels of apogee symphony, various DAW's, what felt like every plug in in the world,...

BigBlackWolf
replies: 1 views: 444
j.frad 2 days ago

I've got this mic I've been searching for years, Neumann KM 56c, and already it's delivering for it's purpose in my studio,...

markchatwin
replies: 12 views: 623
pentagon 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search