The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 64,893
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi, This is the first thread I ever started. I'm hoping this is the right place to post as I'm intimidated a...

fujin5
replies: 12 views: 505
adam_f 9 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 574 views: 55,101
Earcatcher 21 minutes ago

Hi all - looking at used consoles is quite nerve racking because we don’t necisarillay have an in-house tech and these old...

jml designs
replies: 38 views: 1,627
drBill 48 minutes ago

I'm looking for any and all suggestions for mics that have ultra-high bandwidth. I know about the EarthWorks QTC-50 (50kHz...

charlieclouser
replies: 35 views: 1,910
pieter k 1 hour ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 229 views: 43,210
pentagon 2 hours ago

Dear all, recently I noticed, that even though we have a lot of fine outboard equipment, I do a lot of the mix in the box....

ruby06
replies: 26 views: 857
tenderboy 2 hours ago

Hey guys. first of all, some amazing news: this past week 2 u47's fell into my lap and i couldn't pass up the opportunity. A...

Blaine Misner
replies: 12 views: 409
Matti 2 hours ago

Hi GS, Essentially not a question but rather a request for a sample of this gear. I'm familiar with alot of old electronica...

Giro1991
replies: 56 views: 8,781
crosscutred 3 hours ago

Would like a pair of solid state omni capsule mics to close mic my upright piano...$1200 pair or less...? anyone tried these 3...

once a roadie
replies: 53 views: 13,252
rob S 4 hours ago

i am planning to buy a DAC which has Headphone and Balanced Out. is it worth to try Benchmark DAC1 Pre , Mytek Stereo 192 DSD...

n_jagan_eee
replies: 5 views: 282
Cozmik Prod. 6 hours ago

Hello everyone, i've bought a Studer 903 console 5 month ago for my new studio. it is a broadcast console which was custom made...

Jpastor
replies: 22 views: 1,341
glaisins 6 hours ago

What mid-field or far-field monitors would you recommend to provide an extra wide sweet spot and flattering sound for client...

Crossfade
replies: 12 views: 409
avare 6 hours ago

Hey Guys, I have an API LunchBox, 512c, 550a & a 527 and needed some guidance. Being more of a musician (singer/songwriter)...

Izzi
replies: 15 views: 3,502
captainj 10 hours ago

well, this may be overstating it a bit... but heck, it's friday night and rather than some blow + a hooker i'm posting on...

quantz
replies: 95 views: 32,970
v241 10 hours ago

Hello friends, I am summoning your help, you people-who-knows bumpkin I am currently looking at a vintage U67 on sale (that...

RockinRobinSTB
replies: 25 views: 1,296
Hecker 11 hours ago

Hey, sorry if these posts get annoying and thanks for helping if you do. I have a fully sound treated room, so no need for...

Crazyjames
replies: 10 views: 462
Crazyjames 11 hours ago

I've seen various threads on the Sigma and answered a fair share of pm's on the subject. I decided to post this thread to show...

syra
replies: 94 views: 17,760
syra 12 hours ago

Looking at making an investment into a high end vintage condenser. What I don’t need is C800g or U67. Considering 251, 47, 48,...

CJ1973
replies: 6 views: 226
rnetko 12 hours ago

Fairly self explanatory question, but I’m interested in people’s thoughts on SSL and Neve’s high end offerings (Duality,...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 40 views: 2,793
Electroslut 14 hours ago

I have a Ampex 3in1 console from my late grandparents and I can’t find any information about the unit. Hoping somebody can help...

Muddbuggy
replies: 4 views: 476
CoastinHome 15 hours ago

I'm of the opinion that, most of the 60s/70s rock bands tracked live off the floor, playing in a room together, gobos or...

gravyface
replies: 49 views: 1,524
Bushman 16 hours ago

Alright so I began producing music and Audio engineering for a few years now. Ive been using the Apogee Duet Pres for 3 years now...

Danny235
replies: 7 views: 670
Fiedelfinn 19 hours ago

Hi all, I need to get the best main monitor suited for a room size: 3.5m wide, 4m length, 2.5m height. budget 10 - 15k max My...

gotama
replies: 153 views: 7,922
Ben F 20 hours ago

I have two Neumann TLM 127's that are in great shape and served me well. However, after using them for years I finally took the...

Motionrelic
replies: 0 views: 166
Motionrelic 20 hours ago

Hello all, I have acquired 20 channel strips from an Allen & Heath Syncon A mixing console. I know nothing about the...

Nonsuch
replies: 29 views: 5,873
dorkjackson 21 hours ago

Helios

Helios poll: 1. What is your favorite Helios gear and from what era? 2. What are your favorite uses for it (EQ-1 if you...

concentric
replies: 244 views: 39,728
Jamicas 22 hours ago

I've been going back and fourth trying to make a decision. I'm about to start building a new room from scratch with an acoustic...

nephew312
replies: 51 views: 1,658
juneaudio 23 hours ago

I just traveled to Istanbul where I found an AKG D30 for cheap in an antique store. I don't have an adapter to test it at the...

AllBluesHailMary
replies: 3 views: 595
rnetko 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 151 views: 12,607
Vinnie-1 1 day ago

So I'm referring to a mic like this: -Ideal for most voices, brings out best to vocalist -Included with natural sounding hpf...

Elpsycongroo
replies: 47 views: 3,981
Classic 1 day ago

Anyone Still Tracking or Mixing on Old Analog Desk & Tape? If So Feel Free To Post Picture's Thanks In Advance ..

hubercraft
replies: 120 views: 6,916
127Riot 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,803 views: 941,773
coder 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I am wondering what a vintage Neve 1084 is worth today. Please let me know if I missed a thread that already...

kroegermusic
replies: 44 views: 3,493
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

I had a pair of yamaha HS8's last and they did me pretty well. However I found that most of the time i'm lacking mid frequencies...

aspen1135
replies: 0 views: 171
aspen1135 1 day ago

Bricasti

Bricasti on the uad Octo platform. Can't be cracked. Could charge 2k for a copy. Probably sell like hot cakes to a whole lot...

laddie.music2
replies: 245 views: 34,078
Wiz_Oz 1 day ago
replies: 259 views: 18,875
NathanBarley 1 day ago

This one goes out to the Focusrite Red 3/Blue 230 users. How is this thing on the 2 bus and do you think it´s worth the...

tobymusic
replies: 20 views: 3,918
sttae 1 day ago

basically I ordered my woofer replacement for a blown Shape 65 woofer over a week ago, gave them my credit card info over phone...

ObiwanShinobi
replies: 2 views: 247
BendingBus 1 day ago

Here SPL claims it is nearly impossible to overdrive the input of these new Crescendo preamp thank to the 120 volt rail...

DanTheMan06
replies: 0 views: 210
DanTheMan06 1 day ago

Hey everyone, my DAW computer is getting a little long in the tooth and was thinking of banging out 2 birds with one stone....

deuc647
replies: 0 views: 208
deuc647 1 day ago

I've read many praises about the CL1B, but they always solely mention how good it sounds when used for vocals or bass. So I've...

hitsville
replies: 16 views: 5,601
AudioGold 1 day ago

Hi friends. I need your help. ((Sound examples in the bottom!)) I talk some gibberish first and sing at the end. I just...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 12 views: 513
Snapchat2314715 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Nickerz 1 day ago

First post here, please excuse any nervous stammer... I have used the EAR 822 and like it alot. I have not heard the Mercury...

D.F.
replies: 16 views: 4,572
sonicrevolution 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
brew 1 day ago

We all know that AKG manufactured the ELA mics for Telefunken. But I got my hands on 1 with the AKG logo and serial number around...

rafa_hauck
replies: 11 views: 1,563
Snapchat2314715 1 day ago

heyho gearslutz, I own and love my Germanium pair of tonecontrls and pair of compressors...they are on every mix I make. But...

tidalwave
replies: 0 views: 270
tidalwave 2 days ago

Lucas CS4

For your experience and information, do you think the CS4 worth it? My best,

MrChick
replies: 98 views: 12,861
dbjp 2 days ago

I'm setting up a very-nearfield setup. 3 feet listening distance. Gonna mix sub on cans. I like the smallness of the SCM7 v3....

swappler
replies: 1 views: 341
pentagon 2 days ago

I don't wanna buy a whole kit of different hex screws to find out the size, so can anyone tell me the proper size on these little...

ObiwanShinobi
replies: 1 views: 226
ObiwanShinobi 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search