The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,072
Views: 2,072
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 68,588
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello everyone, I just got a really great offer (€1400) for an Avocet II and just wanted to double check that I won't regret...

StateOfMatter
replies: 3 views: 401
astralpen 3 minutes ago

Hi all, I'm in a place where I finally want to upgrade to a high end all-rounder mic. I've been using a modded K2 for years...

JRod37
replies: 4 views: 144
MYN 8 minutes ago

I am trying to build a mobile recording rig that is easy to break down and transport. I was thinking about getting a SSL Nucleus...

blackacre
replies: 9 views: 521
SonicAxiom 23 minutes ago

My clock is acting up 10M Video Anybody else encountered that issue?

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 0 views: 33
Skamm Goodiez 53 minutes ago

Anyone heard if they are closed? I ordered something online and have zero communication and now their website is down...but my...

daaronhoffman
replies: 11 views: 1,526
DspSucked 54 minutes ago

Hello, I'm looking for a comparison chart between these 2 generations but couldn't find one. Does anyone know all the...

esppse
replies: 29 views: 3,491
AdamIEcho 1 hour ago

Hey out there, my first post here in the forum. I run a studio in Germany. We work here in some kind of network and the most...

TheBaker
replies: 39 views: 1,864
127Riot 2 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,733 views: 128,205
terrysound 2 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,394 views: 197,402
SonicAxiom 3 hours ago

Hello friends, Any Heritage MCM-8 users out there? I'm looking at introducing some weight and colouration during summing,...

b0b0
replies: 36 views: 9,752
127Riot 3 hours ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 35 views: 3,545
tremolux 3 hours ago

I listened to Lene Lovich's greatest hits today, and some of the old cure cds, like faith, and seventeen seconds.. all i can...

Hexfix93
replies: 29 views: 12,921
buckan 5 hours ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 38 views: 5,327
GregN 6 hours ago

So what do you guys think?! Let's share some links and arguments. If you can'y say for sure... then what would be your...

AlanWalk
replies: 56 views: 1,830
Konfus 6 hours ago

I have used pultechs and know what they do. I have never, however, played with a PEC1. How closely do they do that thing. My...

bushwick
replies: 12 views: 5,366
buckan 7 hours ago

I have been offered a 480L which I'm sort of tempted by. With great modern verbs like M7 and Eventide 8000, would this be a good...

TSM
replies: 207 views: 50,588
Darius1 7 hours ago

I'm looking to purchase the one and only microphone that I will use to record my voice and acoustic...

dantheman360
replies: 3 views: 250
Starstreet 8 hours ago

Hi Slutz, So I'm in the market to get my first highend pre-amp to pair with my Manley Ref C for vocals. I've been narrowing...

T_Laz
replies: 6 views: 499
Monaco 9 hours ago

Hi guys, first can I just say, mods if you feel like this post shouldn’t be in high end then please feel free to move it. At...

tun
replies: 0 views: 124
tun 10 hours ago

I've been reading a lot of 1176 inspired clone threads. But I don't see much in direct comparison between Hairball and Serpent....

Pale Pyramid
replies: 4 views: 257
drBill 11 hours ago

So today I got my c100 I was stoked to set it up and see what it sounds like, keep in mind I'm not recording in the most optimal...

Cokey30
replies: 18 views: 4,887
Paul_G 13 hours ago

Sony C800g -Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 18 kHz Telefunken M251- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz What do you think? Many people...

LARRYHARRIS
replies: 27 views: 1,072
chessparov2.0 13 hours ago

Hallo Everyone, It’s Erk, nice to meet you. I’m a rock singer and vocal producer and I’m new here. Does anyone know how to...

Erksinger
replies: 107 views: 3,535
chessparov2.0 13 hours ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 39 views: 5,428
Paul_G 13 hours ago

Am I late to the party? Did I miss something on the Neumann website? In front of me I have a NEW km84 capsule on an OLD KMi...

whitepapagold
replies: 53 views: 15,658
Hermetech Mastering 13 hours ago

I've always wanted to really hear any objective differences in the sound as a whole between these two monitors. They are in...

barbital
replies: 8 views: 479
barbital 13 hours ago

These look quite interesting. $1900 shipped in the USA https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-detailed-description...

jtwrace
replies: 3 views: 507
Solidtrax 14 hours ago

Howdy, folks, been a looong time since I posted as I’ve largely been satisifed with my gear, but I have to post a review of my...

rkopald
replies: 3 views: 396
rkopald 17 hours ago

Have a BAE 11 space and Daking 500 pre. Have hum with the Daking, but no hum from the empty BAE. Which is the culprit? I don’t...

Ox Han
replies: 19 views: 861
toledo3 17 hours ago

Hi All, Has anyone used both the IGS Rubber Bands and A Designs EM-EQ2 and had a chance to compare? I'm in the market for a...

Squawk
replies: 2 views: 1,260
szyam 17 hours ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 3 views: 631
jjblair 17 hours ago

In researching console options I keep coming across references to API console as having "that API sound". Having not...

Peter Craft
replies: 70 views: 4,038
Will The Weirdo 18 hours ago

Looking for a tube preamp to complement my solid state selection (primarily for vocals) and wondering if anyone can help me...

kaleida
replies: 6 views: 422
shoepedals 19 hours ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 420 views: 132,272
proxy 20 hours ago

Hi i did a quick forum search on this topic and had a few results but not enough votes convincing which is better. Im...

TomcaTT87
replies: 2 views: 1,002
barbital 20 hours ago

Good day folks! Im new here, First i would like to thank everyone, for great reviews and discussions, many informative...

bull3t
replies: 0 views: 164
bull3t 21 hours ago

Greetings! I'm looking to get new monitors for my home studio. I mostly write electronic music (so bass is very important) and...

Anadrolic
replies: 12 views: 1,045
mikeka 22 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,903 views: 1,649,863
Ox Han 23 hours ago

Hi howdy I'm considering getting a new AD converter for our studio. Since we record a lot on tape and then to transfers to DAW...

Dan O
replies: 0 views: 175
Dan O 23 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 360 views: 62,192
Gravity8058 1 day ago

Have you done it? What cameras did you use? Share your stories here please. Specifically interested in what cameras you used....

drew
replies: 84 views: 11,416
quincyg 1 day ago

Hi folks, I'm shopping for a 24 track tape machine. If you could choose between a Studer A827 or a MCI JH24 for slightly...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 19 views: 682
127Riot 1 day ago

Hi This is a serious question: I was wondering whether the GML 8900 still brings something special to the table in 2017, given...

decurion99
replies: 36 views: 5,185
nednerd 1 day ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 19 views: 2,421
Ronnie Dixon 1 day ago

Hi All, first-time poster, long time reader. I am going to be making first big vocal chain purchase and I have about 4k to...

ry_wal
replies: 51 views: 2,239
cheu78 1 day ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 406 views: 68,140
MrChick 1 day ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,980 views: 242,939
ramirocerar 1 day ago

Every now and then there´s this poll where men are asked what their dream woman looks like. The winner usually ends up with...

gainreduction
replies: 55 views: 16,970
ProPower 1 day ago

Hello everyone I'm looking for the right dynamic mic to pair with a 737 preamp. Does anyone here know a great dynamic mic to pair...

loyuit
replies: 19 views: 563
loyuit 1 day ago

Hello, Does anybody of you know about REAMP Electronics units? I found this LA-2A style compressor on their website and I was...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 471
morosh 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search