The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,066
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I am looking to jump into the 500 series party. I need a pair of Eq's for guitars, mostly Rock. I was wondering if you guys...

pixelhead
replies: 25 views: 5,548
slutbox 1 hour ago
replies: 8 views: 412
mappee 2 hours ago

So I know there are similar posts to this but I haven’t come across the answer I’m quite looking for yet. So I mix analog; I...

Irelando
replies: 10 views: 460
mappee 2 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 20 views: 1,788
sergioelectro 2 hours ago

Just read in another thread that moving warmed up tube mic's is a no no. Is this true and what limitation do tube mic's have in...

Sombrerogrande
replies: 1 views: 113
Doc Mixwell 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, seeking some guidance in selecting the right microphone for a friend, who'd like to record quality vocals takes at...

teletronix
replies: 0 views: 88
teletronix 3 hours ago

I reached the stage when I want to start working with a new main monitoring in my studio - that is 7x5 m, acoustically quite...

ISedlacek
replies: 373 views: 81,740
Jeezo 4 hours ago

Along the lines of... !) Brauner Phanthera 2)Bock's FAT switch ala U195/iFET 3)Neumann TLM ala 67/49 (putting on flame...

chessparov2.0
replies: 32 views: 1,159
crille_mannen 4 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 983 views: 71,763
RoundBadge 5 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 318 views: 54,661
coffee boy 6 hours ago

Not much of a economical issue (but could be nice) , but i was wondering how come theres no dude with solid knowledge and...

Studio Factory
replies: 20 views: 5,180
psycho_monkey 6 hours ago

I realize best is almost always a relative term. Particualry with regard to character pieces. Like the age old question who of...

Palermo
replies: 5 views: 427
lukehatpadl 7 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,658 views: 118,751
STARSKI 7 hours ago

Apologies if there's already a thread like this but i didn't see one. Bust out some pics of those old Neves, or your shiniest...

Engllover
replies: 456 views: 191,967
T_R_S 10 hours ago

did the mod EXACTLY as they suggested on the website, and this happened. all the other eqs are working fine, and is the same on...

Louis Bernstone
replies: 9 views: 1,841
johnhendy 11 hours ago

I'm currently mixing another simple, late 90's style rap album. I have about $2000 to spend and would like to add something fun...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 4 views: 286
guyacier 12 hours ago

I have a quick question..anyone’s help would be appreciated. I struggle to get the kind of level I want at the console, out...

bmaughan
replies: 4 views: 342
bmaughan 13 hours ago

Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but I'm noticing my signals could be cleaner and more consistent through high-end pres and...

PaulMac
replies: 60 views: 2,524
westom 13 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 791 views: 47,838
chrisj 15 hours ago

Hi Slutz, I'm on the need for a pair of LDC's mainly for drum overhead duties. I already have Coles and Royers, which I love,...

planeador
replies: 5 views: 396
bigbone 19 hours ago

I hate starting another “vs” thread but this one was inevitable. I’ve been considering getting one Chandler RS124 for...

Gringo Starr
replies: 17 views: 3,949
oldspeckledhen 20 hours ago

I know the S360 is more than double the price of the 708i/708P, but if we ignore price how does the S360 compare to the JBLs? I...

Sprkd1
replies: 6 views: 417
svarthvitt 21 hours ago

I sold my DAV BG1 and ISA one and am looking to upgrade...I want to record an acoustic guitar album and sing at the same...

Sleazy_Rider
replies: 3 views: 421
NathanEldred 23 hours ago

Hi fellow slutz! I'm a sucker for having different analog processors (mainly compressors, with an EQ and a tube pre-amp +...

Andre Toscano
replies: 6 views: 370
bmaughan 23 hours ago

I am looking to buy a channel.. either Neve or API.. please no other suggestions. The units are quite similar in terms of their...

SashaGray
replies: 12 views: 980
crackmandu 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,070 views: 100,363
etchcube 1 day ago

Hello - Does anyone have any experience with this pre? I can't find any reviews of it online. Is it quality? I like the layout....

RockyWA
replies: 1 views: 234
Earcatcher 1 day ago

Hi All, I have trouble finding information on how the Binson Echorec 2 works. The user manual that I can find on the web seems...

delonien
replies: 13 views: 7,595
audioexmachina 1 day ago

Hi, We’re in the market for a 47 Fet style mic for kick drum, bass amp or other instrument recording. The Stam offering...

Iain Hutch
replies: 18 views: 818
Swansonic 1 day ago

I use a R100 and Sony MADI to RME MADI. I've had no problems at all for several years BUT now the Sony card is flashing on the...

Omega Arts
replies: 10 views: 1,680
leadplayer 1 day ago

These holidays I've been listening to a bunch of Daptone stuff. I have to say those records are simply KILLER, and seriously put...

jindrich
replies: 1,061 views: 150,144
Brett 123 1 day ago

Hello to all. Anyone here used, heard or better yet - owns, an LA-2 and yes, I am talking about the original one that came out...

Rack n' Ruin
replies: 32 views: 9,480
ionian 1 day ago

Saw that gml is now a member, thought I would go to the source: What became of the 2 consoles that were over at The Complex?

paultools
replies: 4 views: 1,996
jml designs 1 day ago

I own an Apogee Symphony mk1 with 16 analog in and 16 digital out (Adat). What would happen if I send those optical out to an old...

immersive
replies: 2 views: 362
Ulrich 1 day ago

Good Day All, I wanted to share my experience with everyone here on the forum. I had a recent install of the New Daking MKII...

Skip Burrows
replies: 16 views: 1,683
RoundBadge 1 day ago

I've been happy with my Dynaudio BM6's for about 10 years or so now... And I initially chose them because much of the music I...

timtoonz
replies: 21 views: 1,715
bbindon 1 day ago

So I know there are similar posts to this but I haven’t come across the answer I’m quite looking for yet. So I mix analog; I...

Irelando
replies: 0 views: 269
Irelando 1 day ago

Hey, this may not be the right place to post this, but it is relating to high end conversion so I'll give it a go. I was...

South Brokelyn
replies: 7 views: 544
IanBSC 1 day ago

Hi Slutz, long time lurker, rare poster here. I'm a film composer who is looking for some fun gear to start working in a more...

jjb0737
replies: 17 views: 788
jjb0737 1 day ago

I have a DAD AX 24 with 8 mic/line ins and 8 outs plus Madi in/out card for trial at my home. It's running Madi out via an...

fritzsound
replies: 2 views: 995
Davejh24 1 day ago

Hello, I am new to the Mic World ... I am all ITB Producer and lately I have been wanting to record some Live Acoustic Guitar...

DJ Bechara
replies: 7 views: 349
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,379 views: 190,640
rectifried 1 day ago

Does anyone have some user feedback About the coil audio mic pre's? The 286 and the CA70's?

acupunk
replies: 68 views: 7,631
billbob 1 day ago

I am stuck on a routing situation and I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I own a Yamaha DM2000...

mamero
replies: 21 views: 762
fifthcircle 1 day ago

Hiya, I have these PMCs and they really appear to have a deep cut around the crossover, in the 2kHz region. 6dB and quite wide...

Oli_W
replies: 5 views: 459
Oli_W 1 day ago

I will upgrade my current converter system to a high end multichannel converter system. The 2 remaining contenders for me are the...

Skriabin
replies: 77 views: 19,623
Doc Mixwell 2 days ago

Just looking through the fantastic drum mic pictures thread. I notice that many many people use spaced pairs for overheads -...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 47 views: 12,989
turk sanchez 2 days ago

Hi, for pop, r'n'b vocals I'm running a Ref C into a Pacifica. I'm needing a great sounding comp for tracking vocals, one that'll...

Amphibian
replies: 9 views: 868
casiotone 2 days ago

Hello all! I am torn between the PMC TwoTwo.6 and Nrumann KH310As and was wondering if anyone can share their experiences or...

Shahid
replies: 31 views: 4,431
johnlewisgrant 2 days ago

I currently have the ability to purchase a stereo pair of Neumann KM 140's for $1180. These are the older models (80's) and are...

Mikeeyb
replies: 32 views: 6,180
dreckdirect 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search