The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 63,192
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi, I am in need of one more preamp channel for my drum recording rig. I have a nice selection of preamps (3XB1D, 2XHA73jr, 2XADL...

Crasper
replies: 25 views: 1,044
Crasper 1 minute ago

Anyone already listened to this? this sounds sooooooo huge!!! _kIrRooQwuk

tape_attack!!!
replies: 25 views: 2,176
GreenNeedle 2 minutes ago

Who is using the following: 1. Grace Designs M905 2. Cranesong Avocet 3. Shadow Hills Oculus Any other?? Would love to...

CJ1973
replies: 201 views: 33,862
drBill 2 minutes ago

I looked at the UK thread, and the Towersonic seem great, but they may not be available here. Towersonic says RSPE carry them,...

mbesq
replies: 15 views: 721
Igotsoul4u 51 minutes ago

I seem to have straightened out the T&C board problems with my 224, but now I have four error codes that start in the E...

dbbubba
replies: 17 views: 1,935
supercuts 52 minutes ago

Hello all. New to the forum so I hope the question is posted in the right place I have a Neumann M149 that is making a weird...

Mbroady
replies: 5 views: 101
Mbroady 53 minutes ago

Any thoughts? And how is it against Crane Song's HEDD process thing Black Box Analog Design HG-2 - Plugin...

oranzil
replies: 0 views: 1
oranzil 57 minutes ago

Any thoughts? Black Box Analog Design HG-2 - Plugin Alliance :cowbell::cowbell::cowbell:

oranzil
replies: 0 views: 1
oranzil 57 minutes ago

Hello everybody, my 2nd post here. I have recently purchased a used D&R Cinemix and I've found a few posts on here were...

ZioGuido
replies: 124 views: 15,072
EvilRoy 1 hour ago

If you own a Mci 400 series Console I'd like to share with you a few new opamp options. I own a 428 console loaded with tons of...

127Riot
replies: 1 views: 56
Jim Williams 1 hour ago
replies: 14 views: 3,395
McIrish 2 hours ago

I was deeply saden to see that the Avalon Design 2055 EQ is no longer made. It adds a sparkle and 3D sound to music like no other...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 43 views: 4,700
rectape 2 hours ago

Hey slutz, Lately I've been tempted about making a big switch to an SSL Matrix. Right now I'm mostly in the box, with a bunch...

timtoonz
replies: 14 views: 3,665
Progmatic-Studios 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I’m currently shopping for a “signature” microphone for my studio, primarily for my own voice. I have a...

willmarshall
replies: 17 views: 708
patshep 2 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 258 views: 11,861
Doc Mixwell 3 hours ago

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a modern, silky, bright, airy microphone, mainly for my voice. The style is mostly pop, world,...

Abbas Alshafai
replies: 82 views: 4,697
pass-out 3 hours ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 202 views: 5,967
robert82 4 hours ago

Wanted to get a quick discussion going on this, seeing as I found it interesting. I think it might be BS, but not sure, wanted to...

studioman22
replies: 17 views: 909
Space1999 4 hours ago

Are there any current manufacturers making Leslie rotating speaker cabs that sound as good as the vintage Leslie cabs? How...

Singlecutz
replies: 5 views: 424
UKMK00 4 hours ago

hello! i need a nearfield speaker set for mixing. need something that makes decisions easy. until now i’ve been using NS10...

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 513
andrew montreal 4 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,700 views: 907,545
Lupez 7 hours ago

I’m setting up a studio to produce Pop/R&B Music. I’ll only be recording 1 vocalist at a time, guitar & bass (direct...

Robert13
replies: 38 views: 1,565
Robert13 9 hours ago

Hi, is anyone using their Manley with the Apollo? Im getting distortion on louder singing with this set up and wondered if anyone...

SOLOIST101
replies: 1 views: 215
Jantex 10 hours ago

I bought a Neve 1073 DPX a year ago and my all studio furniture is angled. After a few months the lower preamp started to fail...

Wakena2003
replies: 15 views: 657
mart 11 hours ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 90 views: 4,289
cazdell 13 hours ago

Does anyone know what reverb was used on the Drums (Snare inpreticular) for the Michael Jackson song "Thriller" ?

Matt Salazar
replies: 83 views: 33,566
robshrock 13 hours ago

The puremix and mixwiththemasters videos are quite educational for someone relatively new to mixing. However, I'm finding that...

eugtone
replies: 14 views: 817
psycho_monkey 13 hours ago

Hello you all,howdy There are times that you can take a risk and think: " why not buying something out of the Ukraine...

flute player
replies: 935 views: 196,289
drezz 13 hours ago

I know this was discussed previously a few years back but I'm trying to build up a high end small scale project studio from...

Chris Bradley
replies: 19 views: 823
vernier 14 hours ago

I searched for user threads but found little. Can anyone talk about their experience with this unit? Thanks.

shortstory
replies: 38 views: 5,224
krheatman 16 hours ago

I picked up a flawed c414 B-ULS. Cardioid and Hypercardiod patterns work without problems. When it is switched into Omni...

szegedin
replies: 2 views: 184
szegedin 18 hours ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 206 views: 14,676
pencilextremist 18 hours ago

Hello, I'm searching for some expert who can build custom cables to connect the gear to the mixer. I'm thinking in Gepco...

djreloaded
replies: 0 views: 186
djreloaded 18 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building my rig, and pretty soon I'll be upgrading my mains (JBL LSR305) to a full-range, 3-way...

VenVile
replies: 7 views: 1,427
IkennaFuNkEn 19 hours ago

Interested in hearing from people who own both. Thanks

jlam
replies: 7 views: 2,028
midmost 22 hours ago

Hi, I recently bought a Manley Reference, which sounds fantastic BUT distorts on the louder notes when singing..I am a seasoned...

SOLOIST101
replies: 5 views: 259
SOLOIST101 23 hours ago

I'm finding myself lusting over this preamp. Being U.S. (and due to the stupid EU laws that prevent anything with a VU meter...

b0se
replies: 31 views: 2,131
Jim Williams 23 hours ago

i have a DiskMix PCI card that im trying to figure out what its for. i bought a soundworkshop console a little while ago, and...

enochjensen
replies: 2 views: 1,001
gladiusmax 1 day ago

There’re two truisms to Genelec monitors: no SQ difference between analog and digital input; going digital avoids double...

HoveringBit
replies: 6 views: 373
svarthvitt 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,296 views: 173,185
octatonic 1 day ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 322 views: 64,390
Deckdaddy 1 day ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,589 views: 102,681
Vdub 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 215 views: 25,537
Jeff Hayat 1 day ago

Hello - Is there a equivalent of telefunken V72, mercury M72, Redd 47 in 500 format?

priko
replies: 8 views: 1,348
deuc647 1 day ago

just curious if anyone has tried it. it has total recall via USB.

Mystic Muse
replies: 6 views: 2,695
kakao 1 day ago

Dream Theater has entered the studio once again in a top secret remote location with a seemingly mobile recording setup. You can...

Bassmichi
replies: 3 views: 426
Bassmichi 1 day ago

Hello all, I have a Lindell Compressor that is overly noisey when installed in a 500 series rack. It seems like there is static...

lleb
replies: 0 views: 280
lleb 1 day ago

I'm really wanting to pick up some headphones and want to hear from some serious pros about the Ultrasone Pro Line. Do any of you...

linenoise
replies: 5 views: 1,228
Del_Gesu 2 days ago
replies: 20 views: 1,752
Klaus 2 days ago

If you had to get a 1/4" in two track tape machine what would you look at, lets say between $800-$1500? floor standing would...

lobit
replies: 156 views: 40,298
gpiccolini 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search