The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,073
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey GS community I've been wondering how to go about comparing the fidelity of converters, specifically, DACs, when you don't...

PTB
replies: 29 views: 808
PTB 5 minutes ago

Hello, I am looking for a new hardware compressor with not subtle effect: I am in search of weight, density, fatness. I...

sergioelectro
replies: 23 views: 900
sergioelectro 17 minutes ago

I was looking for a portable/half-rack preamp with instrument inputs. The only one I found was the PreSonus BlueTube DP V2 but...

johannburkard
replies: 11 views: 862
Chuck_S 29 minutes ago

Running a small 2 channel tracking rig for a project. Main uses are Vocals, Acoustic and Electric Guitars, DI Bass. Mics are...

mikoo69
replies: 66 views: 3,836
frankenstino 29 minutes ago

Years ago, renowned vintage microphone tech/mic expert Klaus Heyne coined the term the "Big 5 Mics." The term was...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 54 views: 6,754
chessparov2.0 34 minutes ago

Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor. are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?

Gearrhea
replies: 0 views: 8
Gearrhea 45 minutes ago

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted here (very busy working, fortunately)! I'm in need of some advice from those who...

Proggm
replies: 6 views: 252
Proggm 1 hour ago

Looking for ideas for a vocal mic. Birthday is coming up and I have the thumbs up for a $10k budget, give or take. I have a...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 342 views: 14,338
TheHolyMountain 2 hours ago

I have had a Royer 121 for a minute but just got to using it on some really thick fuzzy guitars, which I was under the impression...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 20 views: 1,715
TheHolyMountain 2 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,590 views: 182,398
Jeff Hayat 3 hours ago

Howdy folks! Exciting times here, I'm thinking hard about upgrading my LDC scene at the home/mobile studio and I wanted to ask...

Birdlives1955
replies: 74 views: 3,155
drBill 3 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,334 views: 152,787
SongsByGROVER 4 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 80 views: 8,583
pureata 4 hours ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 3 views: 650
augustin187 5 hours ago

I say stereo pultec. Inter-stage transformer. Switchable bell/shelf. 70hz and 1.5k added. Would be a masterbus hit I reckon. ...

christube
replies: 2 views: 151
bzone 6 hours ago

So I've been LOVING my new R44 on a tonne of vocals but was recording a very intimate vocal and piano session today only to find...

PaulMac
replies: 24 views: 1,148
spectacular g 8 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 298 views: 37,228
Tony Kamel 8 hours ago

Just curious, is there a name for the aural oddity I hear in mixes where the bass guitar appears to be floating over the drums? ...

velvetgeorge
replies: 30 views: 2,027
zedsdeadbaby 9 hours ago

Has anyone been able to compare the newer API 3124V to the 3124+ pres? I realize the V has two gain structures and the...

Voice and Sax
replies: 0 views: 156
Voice and Sax 11 hours ago

Current release models as at February 2020. Flagship models only* This list is just for recreation and entertainment value and to...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 14 views: 1,123
Cameron Hamill 12 hours ago

I swear no one talks about these. Now, I have my reservations, but if I owned one of these, you bet your butt I'd be posting...

sam guaiana
replies: 18 views: 3,199
NathanBarley 15 hours ago

Greetings to all. I'm a new member and self proclaimed old hand. After many years I finally felt compelled to join this...

kurtackerman
replies: 31 views: 4,253
eb0248 16 hours ago

They should actually sound better cause they are 24/96. However there is currently no streaming service that sounds as good as an...

syra
replies: 6 views: 1,022
lunastus 19 hours ago

I am placing several threads for various answers but I noticed this is a critical question and may help me narrow down my...

CJ1973
replies: 579 views: 158,154
AB3 19 hours ago

Hey All, I'm about to start mixing an LP I engineered/produced, and my studio just got a new piece of gear: the Neve Portico...

HobbyRobby
replies: 67 views: 14,956
anatomix 19 hours ago

Just wondering I have the 1974 eq. Love it works great for the bus and some light mastering. If to get another peice what would...

spektor
replies: 2 views: 489
spektor 19 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,032 views: 217,381
missioncontrol 20 hours ago

Ok, what's the WORST piece of gear that you have? Mine would be this POS yamaha guitar I bought with a Kustum POS amp for...

cashewcupcake
replies: 459 views: 92,317
9xSound 20 hours ago

I love everything about this album and was curious to know more details about the recording process, techniques, and gear used if...

proxy
replies: 35 views: 4,205
mikoo69 20 hours ago

Would a pair of Genelec 8351A offer me an improvement over my Adam S3X-V? Has anybody heard both of the speakers? Two friends...

Arseny
replies: 8 views: 635
Scholl 1 day ago

I have a Chandler Zener. Lives on my Mixbuss. Sometimes Drumbuss. On Mixbuss i mostly just do a minimal amount of GR, it's more...

cracki
replies: 13 views: 3,375
Alex Kretov 1 day ago

I´m starting a project which I want to share with all the "vintage-gearslutz" out there. The restauration of this...

Ostrong Audio
replies: 153 views: 35,359
gb2601 1 day ago

Hey guys I did a super rough and dirty comparison of these mics just for the fun of it. I recently came into possession of the...

jambander
replies: 26 views: 1,345
b0se 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,507 views: 221,869
Lupez 1 day ago

its really simple,what is best analog to digital converter you ever heard,doesnt matter how much it cost or if its even curently...

Neodym
replies: 370 views: 53,054
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 31 views: 7,077
sound joe 1 day ago

I just bought a pair of passive ATC SCM20s, and now I need an amp. Obviously I did my own research before coming here, but it...

disp
replies: 9 views: 569
paul brown 1 day ago

Any thoughts? Black Box Analog Design HG-2 - Plugin Alliance :cowbell::cowbell::cowbell:

oranzil
replies: 12 views: 1,545
Artcutech 1 day ago

With so much debate about HW vs SW, I wanted to make a list of top mixers, and the style of mixing they do: ITB, Hybrid, or...

proxy
replies: 140 views: 7,066
nolanneal 1 day ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 21 views: 2,327
mikoo69 1 day ago

who knows anything about this mic? it was produced by akg at the same time as the 251, but it's a small diaphram tube...

travista00
replies: 107 views: 42,815
juneaudio 1 day ago

First of all, I don't doubt the quality of their products or their performance. I know there are other boutique manufacturers...

thepilgrimsdream
replies: 73 views: 8,947
JimmyBoyZ 1 day ago

Hi, I am on the point of buying 1 vintage helios type69 module with the lustraphone transformers and my dream would be to...

willz33
replies: 2 views: 488
RoundBadge 1 day ago

Still a worthy and justifiable buy in 2019 ? I’m interested in giving my synth a worthy companion? Second hand ofcourse I...

Silly Cybin
replies: 4 views: 695
waldie wave 1 day ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,401 views: 88,491
Bob Olhsson 1 day ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 297 views: 26,018
rob S 2 days ago

I had opened a while a successful thread called Amphion... Beautiful. I'm a fan of their speakers as a mixing/mastering tool. I...

priko
replies: 95 views: 15,499
John Willett 2 days ago

Hello, I am seriously considering buying a pair of the new Genelec 8361 monitors. I have read great reviews about the new 8351...

paulieGB
replies: 28 views: 2,982
svarthvitt 2 days ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,448 views: 1,127,927
[email protected] 2 days ago

Hi, 20 years later, I still regret selling my pair of 2254E's . Anyone owning or compared both the 2254 and 54F50? Do they...

Krubbadoo
replies: 6 views: 917
prismtheory 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search