The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByTransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 70,726
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey. I have now spent a lot of time in my control room mixing only with summing amp, mixbus eq and compressor. The rest in the...

TheBaker
replies: 116 views: 5,683
deedeeyeah 33 minutes ago

I've decided after 5 years that I need to move on from my Focal Twins. We've had a good run but I just feel like the imaging and...

Shaggy2039
replies: 22 views: 1,173
AndreiPiatra 1 hour ago

Coil Audio

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 134 views: 9,232
rob S 1 hour ago

Hello, Friends! Forgive me for posting a new thread on this topic, however please note that this specific question has never...

Sonicboom74
replies: 26 views: 7,517
GYang 2 hours ago

Ever since I discovered this machine, I could not stop watching, reading and finding out more info about this unit. I plan on...

cassetteboi95
replies: 10 views: 767
Mootiv 2 hours ago

Dear Guys, Today i spoke to Tc Electronics to check up my TC2290... And Michael Kristensen did the great job...and replaced...

Jimmy Makhaisingh
replies: 20 views: 3,738
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 25 views: 2,422
Doc Mixwell 3 hours ago

I want to purchase a new Obsidian but need the one that has the most control over the low end frequencies on the mix bus. I'm...

rcd
replies: 29 views: 3,132
Disco Cubist 3 hours ago

What else should I consider as an option for a flavour bus EQ in that ballpark? Anyone ever compared the Electrodynes to Siemens...

shahstlz
replies: 18 views: 810
Cocobolo81 4 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm cureently in the market for a good set of midfield monitors. Now, I've searched trough topics for 3 days now, and...

Grumpy Eye
replies: 104 views: 5,900
Timesaver800W 4 hours ago

Hi guys, I have actually e-mailed BAE about this but quite anxious to figure it out, so I will post here if they come back with a...

LloydH
replies: 14 views: 475
thehightenor 5 hours ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 99 views: 5,560
myles 6 hours ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 88 views: 8,796
psycho_monkey 6 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Cokey30 8 hours ago

I thought it would be good to have a thread dealing with the Telefunken Tf47. Id like to know if anybody had any experience with...

tigerwoots
replies: 2 views: 317
tigerwoots 9 hours ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 152 views: 9,389
mungu 9 hours ago

I have used my U87Ai for more than a year now with a Fearn preamp. It is sometimes great, sometimes not so good but most of the...

Bmtblader
replies: 100 views: 4,342
IanBSC 11 hours ago

Hi all, Does anyone know what the average lead time on the Silver Bullets are? I ordered my unit from the LTR site yesterday,...

Sance21
replies: 10 views: 708
Jeff Hayat 12 hours ago

Hello fellow gear headz. Does anyone know what happened to the renowned RPM Studios in NYC? When I was still in audio engineering...

JohnNy C
replies: 25 views: 7,339
IrocRob 17 hours ago

Hello I'm looking for a mastering eq and my budget is around 3k. I've decided to either go for a Hendyamps Michelangelo or a...

zuzu
replies: 20 views: 1,825
Trakworx 19 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,386 views: 145,575
Sequenza 19 hours ago

I don't do that much recording (mainly mixing) but I'd like a great LDC for when I do. Currently I have some good dynamics and...

Mr XY
replies: 40 views: 6,478
miscend 20 hours ago

Hi! In august I will get a Lavry Blue 4496 to the studio and was curious if someone have any experience with that box. I am...

MacMike
replies: 8 views: 1,036
Aleksandr 1 day ago

Just bought a nice Summit Audio EQP200B and think it sound VERY nice on a lot of things. Been reading about changing tubes to...

MacMike
replies: 0 views: 180
MacMike 1 day ago

really colourful character compressor for vocals? I’m looking for suggestions for something that will add more vibe to some...

SEED78
replies: 249 views: 28,571
rob S 1 day ago

Hey there So I'm testing out a couple of microphones and since I'm a bit short on the amount of time I have with these, I'd...

sweetjesus
replies: 7 views: 1,704
chrisleberger 1 day ago

Hi to all of you How does IZ radar converters stand-up sonically sound wise compared to today's converters. Has anyone done...

terrysound
replies: 55 views: 4,061
shelterr 1 day ago

I just stumbled on a used Sanken CU-41 for sale locally. Original owner, purchased in 1989, purportedly excellent condition....

pieter k
replies: 48 views: 5,822
Earcatcher 1 day ago

I have a Neumann M249 (really a m49). From the SN it was made in 1964. Then re-built from Blue in maybe 2000 or so. I know...

arsmusic
replies: 5 views: 426
jjblair 1 day ago

Hey guys, as the title suggests, I am looking for a mic preamp that does not color the sound, has a high gain level even for a...

producerxtr
replies: 91 views: 5,369
VOMike 1 day ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 356 views: 25,764
rosewood123 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 922 views: 158,532
GYMusic 1 day ago

From the SCM25 manual: Unfortunately there is no Fig.3 in the manual, but there is a Fig.2 which shows the center of the...

unvs
replies: 7 views: 880
Brad Lunde 1 day ago

Looking to add some analog Vibe to my recordings and Do summing. Any thoughts On getting the API the box vs Great River...

Mrice
replies: 44 views: 8,770
entresolmusic 1 day ago

I was thinking about buying an 1176 for my home studio, which is what I'm used to after 42 years. However for $300 more I can...

Grandreptile
replies: 5 views: 420
mark714 2 days ago

For all you Lawson owners, I want to hear your experience recording female vocals with the L47. I've seen a trend of people...

proxy
replies: 26 views: 2,279
Bobhoffnar 2 days ago

I am currently using the Focal Solo 6 Be and about to take the ATC plunge. My sales rep. mentioned that he auditioned both of the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 17 views: 1,344
Cooleyocity 2 days ago

hi, i recently bought a B&K 4006 mic and it seems like the output of the 4006 is considerably lower than a neumann km84. ...

petemin
replies: 3 views: 378
j.frad 2 days ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 48 views: 3,679
legato 2 days ago

Hi, A few month ago I've got SSL 8000GB console, in bad shape, but alive. I'm trying to bring it to working order, but I...

gigalord
replies: 2 views: 362
gigalord 3 days ago

Never heard of this one before and yesterday I had a chance to listen to this mic in a studio. And it's just-WOW!!! I...

SidneySheldon
replies: 6 views: 5,791
jawnotin 3 days ago

Is SSL Matrix 2 still a good choice in 2019 ? I guess theres many alternative available today even a mixerless workflow with...

roc
replies: 38 views: 4,781
Skamm Goodiez 3 days ago
Chase Orion 3 days ago

Hi, In search of GML tech in Nashville's email address. It is not on GML site. Thanks.

zulusound
replies: 0 views: 339
zulusound 3 days ago

D&D's formidable 8c studio monitors are the result of some groundbreaking implementation of sonic principles, with the help...

Earcatcher
replies: 47 views: 3,221
syra 3 days ago

I found an old thread about these two, but it refers to old Sontec. How the new one compares with GML, why such a big difference...

Ognjan
replies: 19 views: 9,409
breakinrecords 3 days ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 498 views: 74,595
Shaggy2039 4 days ago

Hello, I am in a situation where I can only work on headphones to produce music. I process field recordings together with...

lung
replies: 8 views: 476
elcct 4 days ago

So, I've got an AKG 414 TL-II that I've owned since the mid-'90s. 3 years ago, I sent it off to a former AKG-authorized repair...

ADWolpert
replies: 4 views: 512
deedeeyeah 4 days ago
deuc647 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search