The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,558
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

What are people thinking out there about this? "Transparent" but musical compressors. Compressors that retain the...

Gearorrhea
replies: 6 views: 117
Dmjay 4 minutes ago

Hello Dear Friends! I have a question about Neumann u87 ai - neve 1073 vocal chain. I know that u87 Ai version have hotter...

Husky Squad
replies: 1 views: 72
ToneAlive 15 minutes ago

Which is the comp compressor for a g 4000 the one waves emulaties i was thinking if getting a clone. the main ssl compressor that...

spektor
replies: 8 views: 1,541
FlyingMusician 23 minutes ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,049 views: 219,487
Kristofer Harris 47 minutes ago

Hey gang, I’m rebuilding the patch bay for a new board setup, and to make a long story much shorter, my TL;DR question is...

JHutty
replies: 4 views: 301
FlyingMusician 50 minutes ago

What started out as 'let's build a few mics for our ear-candy friends', into making many new friends - ADK just wanted to give a...

Larry Villella
replies: 14 views: 521
Croxtonia 1 hour ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 226 views: 9,786
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago
replies: 0 views: 67
saffd534233 1 hour ago

If you had to pick just one.

jahomuth
replies: 187 views: 24,860
Simsuk 1 hour ago

>Dual mono >Shelf/Bell switch on Hi Boost >Dual I/O paths, transformer and IC > Each transformer has it's own...

RogerFoote
replies: 13 views: 1,509
Silvertone 1 hour ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,900 views: 490,028
guze 2 hours ago

I recently acquired a pair of these. Active Mk2’s. I have to say that I am absolutely horrified how terrible the low end...

Benny Hill
replies: 13 views: 794
Jantex 2 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,480 views: 1,134,718
fishface 2 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,293 views: 1,719,016
cheu78 3 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,552 views: 224,679
Analogue Mastering 5 hours ago

So recently purchased an AEA R88mk2, mic sounded great but was hissy on singer songwriter playing acoustic guitar. Tried pair of...

Dtour
replies: 2 views: 202
andyfreeman 7 hours ago

I am starting this thread to hopefully be a help to users of the D&R Power VCA automation software. There is not much...

stevep
replies: 0 views: 97
stevep 8 hours ago

Hello Folks. So I now have a very cool Ampex 440-b 1/4 inch 2 track. But I'm realizing that after going through the manual and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 14 views: 963
fromthepuggle 9 hours ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 304 views: 53,862
pan60 10 hours ago

Greetings I have a hand made fully passive monitor controller which is ok But I’m wanting to upgrade to something better. What...

anguswoodhead
replies: 71 views: 16,970
griploc_1981 10 hours ago

Just curious, as I was looking up something about it today I noticed that it is no longer on the Sweetwater site and it is also...

AudioGold
replies: 26 views: 1,113
deedeeyeah 12 hours ago

How would you compare these two sonically? Going for modern vocals, pop, hiphop, etc...

Krush411
replies: 11 views: 864
bgrotto 13 hours ago

I recently tested 3 direct boxes: -DW Fearn PDB (passive) -Radial JDI Duplex (Passive) -DW Fearn VT-3 (active/tube) The preamp...

burns46824
replies: 26 views: 5,915
burns46824 13 hours ago

Please understand I'm not anywhere near the technical level of a Classical Recital singer, let alone a "real" Opera...

chessparov2.0
replies: 34 views: 1,028
chessparov2.0 15 hours ago

Anyone set this up before. Im going visiting a studio next week and i am just wondering how long it takes to set up. and is...

THE_NIK
replies: 9 views: 722
THE_NIK 16 hours ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 72 views: 11,536
andrewj 23 hours ago

Hi Guys, So I recently changed the tube on my Manley Ref C and in the process have managed to snap the pad switch off :facepalm:...

T_Laz
replies: 0 views: 232
T_Laz 1 day ago

I'm very interested in this console. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'm wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on...

bjornson
replies: 21 views: 9,954
shortyboyboy 1 day ago

A local professional posted a Neotek Essence for sale and it's enchanted me. I must have it. I'm only here to be talked out of...

metalgearsolid
replies: 19 views: 959
metalgearsolid 1 day ago

Any idea what preamps/mixer they used as part of the overall sound? I love the silky roundness yet the fat bottom end (on Perfect...

MrVelvet
replies: 10 views: 3,953
carlheinz 1 day ago

It seems like a couple more months have gone by without comments on this unit. I am curious for those that have now been using...

AB3
replies: 1 views: 400
AB3 1 day ago

Such interesting gear, was really interested in that compressor. are they looking for a new manufacturing partner?

Gearrhea
replies: 7 views: 1,019
loji 1 day ago

Hi all Not sure if this is the right place to post and I apologize if it isn’t. I have an Aurora Audio GTQC that was damaged...

markelje
replies: 6 views: 958
Kronos147 1 day ago

AWS 924 users only: How are you guys maximizing the limited amount of channels for most creative flexibility during mixdown?...

ajv205
replies: 15 views: 2,670
Kronos147 1 day ago

Hey fellow slutz, I've been on a bit of a gear splurge this year and I'm looking to go for one more round of compressors and...

Dwilson
replies: 36 views: 4,011
BOMI 1 day ago

First Avalon Designs discontinued their wonderful 2055, & 2077 EQ, and 2044 compressor last year. This year its their 747...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 13 views: 1,332
ckevansjr 1 day ago

Hello, I need some advice. I currently have a Rupert Neve Shelford, a Millennia preamp, and I own every preamp emulation by UAD....

sonofmack
replies: 0 views: 264
sonofmack 1 day ago

Hi love to hear from people using these monitors. The few posts I have read seem to be very positive but not that much talk...

eclipse
replies: 16 views: 911
eclipse 1 day ago

My AKG The Tube microphone sounds somewhat muddy, and lacks some definition and clarity. Who is able to operates quality...

Renaud Charlier
replies: 0 views: 214
Renaud Charlier 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been frustrated by not finding what I want/need in a workstation desk for API's The Box 2. There just does not seem...

seattlesolder
replies: 8 views: 775
Johnny Dance 2 days ago

Hey! I have managed to get my hands on a pair of (rather badly) racked raindirk series 4 modules and I've been struggling like...

africantigercow
replies: 2 views: 677
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 days ago

I'm not a 500 series guy and I have been thinking about the API channel strip to complement my Rupert Neve Portico gear. I'm...

Jason rocks
replies: 30 views: 7,766
MichaelBabb 2 days ago

So I'm tasked with getting sound into and out of this thing from Pro Tools. Its been sitting at a studio I'm working at for some...

StarfishMusic
replies: 9 views: 446
studer58 2 days ago

Hi fellows! Has any of you tried both the D&R and APB Dynasonics consoles side by side? So any comparison? Which one sounds...

margusalviste
replies: 47 views: 8,610
EvilRoy 2 days ago

Allright...I have been messing around with this a bunch and trying different configurations on my desk/DAW/CR. My console has a...

Motoxxx
replies: 30 views: 2,396
travis.funk 2 days ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 426 views: 137,943
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 13 views: 1,618
johnnyc 2 days ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 798 views: 112,919
freeBase 2 days ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 320 views: 92,826
Wabana66 2 days ago

Zener Limiter, or one of the other 2254/diode based comps (ie: pair of AML 54f50, TG-1, etc)? What about pair of Germanium Comps...

fromthepuggle
replies: 181 views: 11,066
FlyingMusician 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search