The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 67,633
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

This record truly represented the peak and the end of an era in rock record production. Real performances, real instruments, real...

UGP
replies: 45 views: 1,996
UGP 4 minutes ago

the best hardware tape emulation today? i want that tape thing happening in the analog domain before the ad convertion....

Arseny
replies: 530 views: 61,085
drBill 13 minutes ago

I see where there are several older threads on this, but given the advent of some newer suppliers, I'm soliciting current...

packermans4
replies: 0 views: 17
packermans4 19 minutes ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 46 views: 2,133
hello people 23 minutes ago

OK, I thought in true Gearslutz tradition I would share my experience of this desk which I have now been using for a couple of...

DannyMac
replies: 22 views: 4,638
kellyd 1 hour ago

This might not be the correct forum but... In need of schematics for a Neve 5114 sidecar - appreciate any leads, thoughts,...

GlennR01
replies: 0 views: 45
GlennR01 1 hour ago

I am wondering how many use it for mixdown? Do you monitor your mix through it? some say it is colored But i have been listing...

spektor
replies: 35 views: 3,528
veggieryan 2 hours ago

my question is: would it really matter that much if i use a different brand of sub speaker, let's say Genelec for...

parkie
replies: 11 views: 488
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

So, if you had to buy one reasonably high-end mic, what would you buy? What do you suggest I buy? I have a lot of what I think...

henryrobinett
replies: 163 views: 6,284
Paul_G 2 hours ago

If you had to choose one.

jahomuth
replies: 33 views: 2,907
Paul_G 2 hours ago

Hi, Just curious. Which compressor do you find is a good pairing with these pres for vocals, ac gtr etc.? Also other than the...

ejsongs
replies: 2 views: 105
Paul_G 2 hours ago

I'm trying to decide between buying an all-in-one integrated solution such as the API Box, or building up an equivalent system...

mantis style
replies: 10 views: 401
Singlecutz 2 hours ago

Hi guys, My boss picked up one of these today, basically got it for free. I'm wondering if it's worth investing some cash in...

lukecage
replies: 0 views: 59
lukecage 2 hours ago

I can't go into to much detail right now but a close friend of mine has purchased the company and is awaiting delivery of all the...

James Lugo
replies: 265 views: 36,938
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 2 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 1,015 views: 75,542
u87allen 2 hours ago

Hello guys I wanted to ask if anyone here has upgraded the lights on the following preamps (Avalon 737 and UA 6176) I wonder how...

triton92
replies: 1 views: 158
triton92 2 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,975 views: 997,498
bambamboom 3 hours ago

Hello you all,howdy There are times that you can take a risk and think: " why not buying something out of the Ukraine...

flute player
replies: 941 views: 202,219
anguswoodhead 3 hours ago

Hi everyone I am thinking of purchasing one(Rme fireface 400) of these can anyone comment on the quality? Thanks

2mono
replies: 3 views: 433
Issadore 3 hours ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 783 views: 19,104
robert82 4 hours ago

I've had Yamaha HS80Ms and JBL 305s for a while. Both would be considered budget friendly monitors. I would like to upgrade and...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 6 views: 377
Noctambulant 4 hours ago

A high end PMC or Dynaudio pair of monitors would cost approx the same as the followimng: BW 800D3 (Canadian $$) With A...

DanTheMan06
replies: 30 views: 705
burp182 5 hours ago

I was browsing studios in the Nashville area to do some upcoming tracking for a group. I came across a place called "Money...

Leak1989
replies: 31 views: 2,457
Hamsterdam 5 hours ago

You've all seen it. A well-meaning gearslut posts a thread asking for others' opinions about some sexy piece of gear he's after...

Iron Octopus
replies: 26 views: 1,104
ejsongs 7 hours ago

I found some used Atc SCM 10.2 speakers for sale. Produced 2002, lightly used. I will use theses with quested 3110, so bass...

beef
replies: 5 views: 371
Eirik 10 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 138 views: 11,013
camacozie 11 hours ago

If you had to pick just one.

jahomuth
replies: 68 views: 6,543
Moondog007 12 hours ago

Hi everyone, I've been following you for many years but I've never written on the forum :) Now I would like to ask you for...

Rolling Stoned
replies: 62 views: 3,376
dinococcus 15 hours ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,769 views: 468,718
Mikey MTC 23 hours ago

Sorry to show my ignorance, but what make and model are this pair of pre-amp EQs? I can usually cheat by looking at the maker's...

pingpongpete1
replies: 2 views: 251
pingpongpete1 1 day ago

Has anyone used this piece and what are your conclusions?

Guitfiddle
replies: 11 views: 6,418
Buballakov 1 day ago

Is it possible to add Tonelux Shadowmix Automation to a Trident 80B to control the faders in say ProTools? Or is there any other...

Leak1989
replies: 35 views: 2,211
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I recently picked up a Grommes G5M because I have read a few things online, but nothing detailed, and wanted to know what this...

knave101
replies: 12 views: 2,200
Jesse Mangum 1 day ago

A two channel amek 9098 pre poped up in my area for a good price. How is its character? Is it comparable to great river?(that's...

deve
replies: 84 views: 37,862
thehightenor 1 day ago

Is anyone familiar with these controls (or jumpers) on an RCA 44 mic? I’m guessing “M” is music and “V” is voice (and...

boomwhack
replies: 8 views: 402
andersmv 1 day ago

Spent what feels like days researching different preamps and I’m down to the following; 1. Shelford Channel 2. Portico II 3....

itwillendintears
replies: 5 views: 446
AudioGold 1 day ago

Hey guys, just chimed in on a discussion on the Overstayer 8755 some days ago where people were talking about the SVC...

Uli Auer
replies: 4 views: 474
Uli Auer 1 day ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

Michael_
replies: 47 views: 8,249
Rumi 2 days ago

Realizing that these are both pretty obscure converters at the moment, but I'm interested given that they have very similar...

IanBSC
replies: 1 views: 557
Rumi 2 days ago

Is anyone familiar with the Focusrite Red 3 compressor? Focusrite Audio Engineering | UK Site | Products | Red | RED 3 How...

. . .
replies: 47 views: 37,312
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 days ago

I have been using the Forsell MADA (original) for AD and DA for mixing out of the box. The DA is fabulous. I am wondering if I...

AB3
replies: 32 views: 5,116
Rumi 2 days ago

You rarely hear of any studios built in a geodesic dome framework. Reasons? They are incredibly cheap, and consistently...

Heterodox
replies: 72 views: 10,192
Sigma 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Sigma 2 days ago

Think these monitors deserve a hell of a lot more mentions in the countless monitor discussions. Took the plunge today, thanks...

orangefridge
replies: 12 views: 1,702
Marando 2 days ago

I recently bought a used 3U. What a great sounding compressor. It came with the JJ 6386 tubes (and the seller also gave me the...

Feltman
replies: 5 views: 476
Feltman 2 days ago

Hey guys. My studio is currently being designed and soon majorly upgraded, which will hopefully allow me to mix with more...

PaulMac
replies: 107 views: 4,512
dinococcus 2 days ago

For those of you that are in the know, between the D-sub and EDAC 3pin, what makes you choose one over the other?

6_Three
replies: 9 views: 642
Bassmankr 2 days ago

I'm thinking of checking it out. Tired of 57 ALL the time! Other Suggestions welcome especially for Jazz snr. Thanks

talco
replies: 4 views: 1,792
henryrobinett 2 days ago

Hi, I am from Brussels - Belgium and I have a nice sounding audio set : a Studer D 730 CD with a Crane Song Solaris DAC and...

edbrux
replies: 1 views: 213
Ulrich 2 days ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 21 views: 1,313
thehightenor 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search