The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

<mod note - will merge here - Rupert Neve 1926-2021 - eventually but will leave stuck to top of forum for an appropriate...

Husky Squad
replies: 28 views: 2,392
MBE 1 hour ago

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 86,333
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I am trying to research the neve 32254e compressor limiters. I see a few sales here and there for them but i cant seem to find...

carolcappetta
replies: 1 views: 122
carolcappetta 6 minutes ago

Looking for a mic to use for female vocals in an untreated room. I want the detail of a studio condenser and the sound rejection...

DougS
replies: 0 views: 1
DougS 10 minutes ago

So there is a video that John Mayer recently did for Martin Guitars where he performs 4 songs, just acoustic and vocals. I...

DHannah1981
replies: 1 views: 10
Matti 19 minutes ago

I'm in the market for my first $1,000+ preamp. I'm interested in the API 3124V, but it's exceeding my budget by a bit. I notice...

alexdoo
replies: 0 views: 5
alexdoo 29 minutes ago

So this may have been touched on but I feel it needs to be rehashed. I’ve owned both the SSL fusion and Rupert Neve Master...

austinbdot
replies: 28 views: 1,352
MBE 44 minutes ago

Hi, I am currently soldering a bunch of elco/ edac connectors for my DDA DMR12 console. I am working on the Line Inputs edac at...

hally
replies: 3 views: 132
hally 55 minutes ago

I'm leaning towards the Dramastic single space rack (non-500 series) but am totally open to hear fellow slutz chime in on their...

Lost_Cause
replies: 0 views: 32
Lost_Cause 1 hour ago

We have another winner here. I can’t believe Bryce just keeps doing it so well. I did not need another compressor. Then I...

bzone
replies: 82 views: 9,328
ashmundo 1 hour ago

There's endless topics here about AD/DA converters, speakers, headphones, what is better... As far as I understand he'll test...

ILL
replies: 5 views: 168
puriteaudio 1 hour ago

Just bought a RND Shelford Channel.........AWESOME piece of musical gear!!!!!rockout My current rack is angled and I have it...

67mike
replies: 4 views: 124
67mike 2 hours ago

What do you reach for that works for you most of the time....?

drockfresh
replies: 18 views: 839
arnoldorodeo 2 hours ago

Hey all, recently got myself a copy of the manual for my EMT 248 from EMT Studiotechnik here in Germany and I noticed that...

MrMesh
replies: 22 views: 3,019
massimo 3 hours ago

Good afternoon, I am close to finishing up a new studio build in my basement. I am considering some new mixing gear and would...

Hattrick
replies: 0 views: 63
Hattrick 3 hours ago

So I've read a lot of Culture Vulture threads here and I've read many opinions. It's both a praised unit (I believe to the praise...

soundmodel
replies: 16 views: 6,132
ripripstabstab 3 hours ago

Hey, Is anyone using a DDA DMR 12 board or have any experience using these desks? I'm a bit confused about how to access the...

hally
replies: 0 views: 58
hally 4 hours ago

I'm looking into getting the Kii 3 monitors for my living room / studio space. My problem is that I have a standing desk that I...

naive newbie123
replies: 1 views: 68
puriteaudio 6 hours ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 240 views: 10,179
Snoggin 6 hours ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 217 views: 34,616
MatsNo 7 hours ago

Hi all, I've had my 8816 since it came out. It's been returned once and back for service once. Amazing sound, sloppy build...

replies: 111 views: 13,660
ostranenie 11 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 155 views: 27,076
SteelyDani 13 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I was curious if someone could help me identify this preamp sitting on top of the UA Apollo? It's black, with...

Cooleyocity
replies: 5 views: 407
arod1213 15 hours ago

Hey All A short while ago I issued a call-out to anyone with info on the Trident 65. I got some very good opinions and...

Cameron Johnson
replies: 9 views: 2,980
Danny9772 16 hours ago

On the surface, it's a fairly simple question, which may or may not incite strong opinions: Understanding that no single...

pieter k
replies: 363 views: 92,145
Paul Wolff Designs 16 hours ago

Hi, What are Neve 2254 compressers good for? How would you rate these units overall and how would you describe there...

everglass
replies: 171 views: 97,249
thethrillfactor 16 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Realbadwolf 17 hours ago

I need to shift a bunch of -10 signals (primarily from synths) to +4. I know of the Ebtech 8 channel line level shifter, but I...

aaeronn
replies: 70 views: 8,737
Shenes 17 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,545 views: 364,940
psycho_monkey 17 hours ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 171 views: 27,699
ngregson 20 hours ago

It took a very long time. I think I ordered them in November or perhaps December. I'm not the most patient person. About 5 days...

henryrobinett
replies: 2 views: 241
henryrobinett 23 hours ago

It's about that time of year where my G.A.S. is getting the best of me and I'd like to do a bit of upgrading to my rig. ...

Seamoss
replies: 6 views: 234
ripripstabstab 23 hours ago

So I'm curious, as an analogue junkie but a Sony R100 user (and hopefully soon SSL Matrix) I'm aware that digital mixers all have...

chripek
replies: 44 views: 5,428
Bassmankr 1 day ago

So I'm using ProAc SM100 and subs... and have absolutely perfect translation. After a few hours on a mix, things are sounding as...

CanadaSC1
replies: 10 views: 409
MatsNo 1 day ago

i cant find a loy of info on it or decent sound examples. so i was just wondering, does it still have something significant to...

universe25
replies: 18 views: 8,749
CosmicSurfin 1 day ago

Any user experience on these now?

OHA
replies: 35 views: 16,634
BM Grabber 1 day ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 956 views: 72,294
noiseflaw 1 day ago

Would love to see some photos of high end studio monitors in their natural environment!

Genelecislife
replies: 1 views: 327
Storm Mastering 1 day ago

OK - I've spent the past few months watching other threads, sending PMs and just trying to find an opinion from ANYONE who has...

pianokeys
replies: 336 views: 76,601
Johannes w1 1 day ago

Hi, I'm a film music composer, mainly working with real instruments and verry few samples. I'm currently using reverb...

pieca
replies: 17 views: 947
Sharp11 1 day ago

Sorry, don't know if this is "High End" enough for this section, but what do y'all think of this thing? Tracking,...

Mr. Victory
replies: 11 views: 6,041
Raul Ghiran 1 day ago

Morning people, Anyone using the A700's out there? If so what room type & size are they in? What did you upgrade...

markbell
replies: 0 views: 120
markbell 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have an EMT 140 which does not have the motor or remote, and I would like to add the remote to this unit. Does...

Radiotech96
replies: 5 views: 911
MarcoJG 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
sage691 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 207 views: 20,134
StevenLMorgan 1 day ago

I am looking to finally pull the trigger on my first mic over $1000. My max budget is $2200-ish and this will be my main vocal...

DHannah1981
replies: 0 views: 130
DHannah1981 1 day ago

I soldered the tip & ring per Dave Hill's instruction but I'm getting weird behavior at the punch block -- like no signal. I...

jeangodard
replies: 4 views: 246
Pindos 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 132
Genelecislife 1 day ago

In the market for some nearfields, any user experiences with the new Focal Shape 65s? Not much out there on the web...

squelch
replies: 104 views: 34,406
blayz2002 1 day ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 100 views: 5,911
SwitchesAndDials 2 days ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 152 views: 23,912
cheu78 2 days ago

I have been listening to some of my Stranglers cd's (1970's eg. Black and White, The Raven, The Men in Black) and I like the...

hemmick reef
replies: 1 views: 1,324
Dirk Churlish 2 days ago

Moderators