The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 77,289
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,457 views: 1,130,340
sergioelectro 3 minutes ago

>Dual mono >Shelf/Bell switch on Hi Boost >Dual I/O paths, transformer and IC > Each transformer has it's own...

RogerFoote
replies: 11 views: 1,165
Silvertone 9 minutes ago

Can anyone explain in simple terms what the Anti Log does/is and why you would use it. I did Google it but not being a...

Tobias Enstrom
replies: 2 views: 319
Tobias Enstrom 38 minutes ago

A Nakamichi DR-2 to be precise. Supposedly recently serviced, and cosmetically looks great. I'm hearing a lot more hiss than...

blackjam
replies: 10 views: 745
blackjam 1 hour ago

I always loved the sonics of those two albuns. Checking in "AllMusic" they credit Dave Bascombe as engineer, mixing,...

Aumumano
replies: 89 views: 7,374
thehightenor 1 hour ago

The roll out was last weekend in Las Vegas. Here's the way I see...

Ty Ford
replies: 2,843 views: 487,360
EOG 2 hours ago

Hello all! I'm a hobbyist electronic music producer who is slowly building his collection of favorite gear before the prices are...

shebbe
replies: 12 views: 629
worksinframes 5 hours ago

I'm not sure this is for High End or for general, but here we are. If you're only doing vocals 1-2 months a year, at what...

JES
replies: 28 views: 886
gearstudent 9 hours ago

A local professional posted a Neotek Essence for sale and it's enchanted me. I must have it. I'm only here to be talked out of...

metalgearsolid
replies: 18 views: 771
metalgearsolid 12 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 965 views: 170,446
proxy 13 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm considering upgrading my desk this year and I would like to make it a worth while investment. I've been using...

cuba1956
replies: 147 views: 6,098
Skip Burrows 14 hours ago

Hi all I don’t see any chats about these two together, which surprises me. Looking for some comments on the sound of these...

augustin187
replies: 8 views: 1,128
Slug1 14 hours ago

Greetings again people. mezed I have a lunch box with 4 x Valley People Gain Brain II's in it - called the Valley People...

anguswoodhead
replies: 17 views: 13,540
gravyface 16 hours ago
replies: 20 views: 5,117
BusyBoxSt7 16 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 563 views: 47,088
andersmv 17 hours ago

Hey everyone! Long time browser, first time (I think) poster here! I recently got myself an SSL AWS 900+ SE and have been...

Dave Pugh
replies: 6 views: 511
kellyd 19 hours ago

Hi all. I have an API 1608 that’s now out of warranty and I’m out of spare op amps . Got a couple issues I’m pretty sure...

Snoggin
replies: 77 views: 9,219
drBill 20 hours ago

Just got a new pair of ATC SCM20ASL monitors. Absolutely love them. Running them off of an Apollo X4 and was interested in...

mikoo69
replies: 6 views: 719
bzone 21 hours ago

Curious if anyone has worked with both. How do they differ in sound and character, range, etc?

fromthepuggle
replies: 1 views: 758
follj401 22 hours ago

Hi- I mix using a hybrid approach - 32 channels of apogee symphony, various DAW's, what felt like every plug in in the world,...

BigBlackWolf
replies: 0 views: 267
BigBlackWolf 22 hours ago

I'm aware of the competition out there, but something about the Quantec just seems, untouched. Anyone using on a regular...

Gearorrhea
replies: 4 views: 439
thehightenor 23 hours ago

I have been using the D-Box for years and like the transparency of the monitoring section. I don't use the summing section (use a...

eatthebeat
replies: 1 views: 1,411
BusyBoxSt7 1 day ago

I say stereo pultec. Inter-stage transformer. Switchable bell/shelf. 70hz and 1.5k added. Would be a masterbus hit I reckon. ...

christube
replies: 9 views: 754
Matti 1 day ago

The 169 footprint seems perfect for small production studios, I’m wondering why someone doesn’t make a small high end analog...

drockfresh
replies: 33 views: 2,160
John Willett 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking to replace my Quested H108 tweeters with new ones. I know the original tweeter model was the Morel MDT30 but I...

dror520
replies: 4 views: 425
ranchslider 1 day ago

Hello Folks. So I now have a very cool Ampex 440-b 1/4 inch 2 track. But I'm realizing that after going through the manual and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 2 views: 578
CatFace 1 day ago

I was idly watching a few microphone reviews on Youtube, and came across one where the presenter was using an SV33 while...

deejayen
replies: 1 views: 592
Drumsound 1 day ago

Hi Guy,s , no one I know uses SPL madison converters, I moved from Apogee to SPL a couple of years ago. Just wondering if...

CSField
replies: 47 views: 7,659
ucanhatemenow 1 day ago

Hi, I need your expert advice. Want to get a Hedd 192, but want to confirm proper clocking strategy with my setup before...

proxy
replies: 8 views: 654
proxy 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 299 views: 37,730
gnotgnot 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,345 views: 154,947
akashpmp 1 day ago

Theres a lot of speculation on this around the web: TapeOp paywalls, dead links, etc... I was wondering for a while and finally...

camadair
replies: 11 views: 2,528
camadair 1 day ago

Does anyone know of either an original or after market shockmount for neumann km 56? I think its called EA-21. The only one I...

markchatwin
replies: 19 views: 678
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

There seems to be a real split of opinion on this mic. Some threads here feature very positive responses by people whose opinion...

eyeball_kid
replies: 11 views: 6,652
John Willett 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
nephew312 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
John Willett 1 day ago

Hi All Quick Question has anyone had a chance to compare these two sets of monitors? -Both are coaxial, and are supposed to...

Johnny Dance
replies: 25 views: 4,132
John Willett 1 day ago

Hello, I am looking for a new hardware compressor with not subtle effect: I am in search of weight, density, fatness. I...

sergioelectro
replies: 26 views: 1,284
satissounds 1 day ago

I'm looking to buy a Neumann KM 54 for recording acoustic guitar, and I wanted to see if anybody could enlighten me about the...

AKnutsen
replies: 36 views: 3,976
John Willett 1 day ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 177 views: 19,284
Northside.Audio 1 day ago

Hey guys ! Currently have Adam S3H, looking forward in the future years to extend my bottom end without having a separate...

Frootz
replies: 7 views: 954
puriteaudio 2 days ago

Hey Guys, iam the new one! I would like to buy the Focal Shape Twin Monitors. I'am still on my Yamaha HS5 and would like...

BruceWaayne
replies: 13 views: 2,227
RobertRyda 2 days ago

Looking for a cardioid LDC and I need advice before pulling the trigger on one of these. Mic would be mostly used for male...

ade2
replies: 16 views: 1,275
Fridberg 2 days ago

Looking to buy two of these for stereo EQ, but am confused about the price. It seems these were ~$2,000.00 each retail back in...

All_Night
replies: 15 views: 1,573
NamelessUnknown 2 days ago

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted here (very busy working, fortunately)! I'm in need of some advice from those who...

Proggm
replies: 25 views: 960
Proggm 2 days ago

Is it just me, or is that way high? Do you think someone will bite at that price?

salbinti
replies: 4 views: 717
chrischoir 2 days ago

Neve 18-16-2 Classic Mixing Console Neve console custom built for Decca Anyone else been wondering about this...

Paul_G
replies: 39 views: 8,943
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or maybe some potential resources on good practices with using a hardware HF compressor...

Seamoss
replies: 33 views: 4,487
gnotgnot 2 days ago

Just wondering I have the 1974 eq. Love it works great for the bus and some light mastering. If to get another peice what would...

spektor
replies: 13 views: 829
spektor 2 days ago

We've got two of these babies on the way!! http://www.dspdoctor.com/img/p/1275-2342.jpg We will compare to the "Big...

Doc Mixwell
replies: 59 views: 10,297
SydBeretta 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search