The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Views: 7,882
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 57,250
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Yes I know most of the usual suspects, but what am I missing. Not a single software compressor that I'm aware of gives me the...

DannyMac
replies: 11 views: 942
b0se 3 minutes ago

I have a pair of Chandler Little Devil EQs (500 series), bought second hand. Love ‘em! The only problem is that one of the...

Skol303
replies: 7 views: 205
SP2016 26 minutes ago

High End Gear makers - put the power switch on the front! It makes no sense putting the power button on a piece of gear that...

piano
replies: 15 views: 669
auralart 1 hour ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,117 views: 811,748
myles 1 hour ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 704 views: 141,870
auralart 1 hour ago

Oh how I would love a pair of Amphions, or ATCs, or Kii's or whatever. Thing is, I am unconvinced that I need to spend thousands...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 254 views: 11,145
Usgggg 1 hour ago

Hello, anyone here compared PSI A21m or A17m with similarly priced ATC SCM20 or SCM12 + good amp? Differences between active and...

kominak
replies: 22 views: 1,197
frenzy 1 hour ago

I grew up in the gearslut age where I’ve constantly bought and sold different flavors of high end pres looking for as much...

bmaughan
replies: 3 views: 73
bmaughan 2 hours ago

So, to sort of set the tone - last I had any recording equipment was in the early 90s when 4 track tapes made of bounced tracks...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 2 views: 158
bmaughan 2 hours ago

hello I'm looking a drum bus compressor to use mainly on parallel compression. which one is the best ? api 2500 vs...

Shabfish
replies: 1 views: 76
bmaughan 2 hours ago

I have the opportunity to purchase either one of these mics, both the exact same price second hand. I have no experience with...

bmaughan
replies: 16 views: 714
bmaughan 2 hours ago

I'm considering a Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph as a mix buss compressor but very tempted to get a pair of Distressors with the...

JHTorch
replies: 23 views: 3,705
Shabfish 3 hours ago

Hey Fellow amigos! Looking for a specific 500 series eq. Preferably clean as i've got lots of color pieces already. Looking for...

vsthalion
replies: 22 views: 614
researchtriangle 5 hours ago

I will be recording stereo tracks for a classy Jazz sound (vocals, horns, upright) as well as trying to get a sound as close as...

Jon Fost Bai
replies: 0 views: 87
Jon Fost Bai 8 hours ago

Has anyone ever used two Roland Tape Echos in a stereo setup? If so, can you recommend it? I have one sre-555 that I like...

hendrkf
replies: 7 views: 2,187
matucha 8 hours ago

Hi guys, I know that the slate digital plugins are modelled after extremely high end expensive analogue hardware. I know...

djjdj
replies: 0 views: 118
djjdj 8 hours ago

Looking to find out what the processor below the the Avalon 737 is in the video. Does anyone know? I'm asking in the Hi End...

BestLifeNow
replies: 2 views: 145
BestLifeNow 9 hours ago
replies: - views: -
GUTB 10 hours ago

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has info on the Neve 1865 Echo return modules with the b107 emitter follower sister...

kroegermusic
replies: 1 views: 186
Geoff_T 15 hours ago

Hello guys I'm in the middle of a dilemma, I have a budget that will allow only the purchase of a console, either a 4064 E/G+ or...

ibeenajro
replies: 263 views: 12,984
fullscale 16 hours ago

anyone have experience with the Neve 5052 yet?

walth
replies: 36 views: 7,650
jjblair 17 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 628 views: 100,951
b0se 17 hours ago

Neve 18-16-2 Classic Mixing Console Neve console custom built for Decca Anyone else been wondering about this...

Paul_G
replies: 33 views: 4,634
KIDBILL 17 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 514 views: 26,163
morfi 19 hours ago

I have been tasked with pricing out a new console for a studio I work for. To my utter delight, price isnt much of a barrier. The...

Utopiate
replies: 65 views: 5,581
Doc Mixwell 19 hours ago

Can't make up my mind about a stereo pair of these, anyone made a comparison of these two comps? They should have the same...

stribor1
replies: 40 views: 9,877
brownj24 19 hours ago

hi. i an looking for a stereo master buss EQ, and would like opinions on the Neve 8803. I'm looking for something reasonably...

BIG BUDDHA
replies: 3 views: 308
BIG BUDDHA 23 hours ago

Hi guys, We're upgrading our desk this year and I'm looking for some advice from anyone who's mixed on or owned an SSL 4000G+...

DaveAliveHQ
replies: 57 views: 10,537
terrysimon 1 day ago

Greetings. Ok, so im at that point where im just not sure anymore of my own decisions.. - so wanted to open a thread here and...

TheAmpFactory
replies: 14 views: 2,182
terrysimon 1 day ago

Any SSL Sigma owners out there have a good solution for sending to effects post outboard gear but pre Sigma input? I love the...

tyrobins
replies: 1 views: 209
jindrich 1 day ago

Hello, life time reader first time poster here. Not much info on the dbx 676 so i thought i share. I've had the 676 for 6...

Billytyne
replies: 2 views: 1,537
razorboy 1 day ago

Hi guys. I have a problem on a section "HI" freq of right channel. The rotary switch works at 15k only in shelving...

Pgghione
replies: 3 views: 337
Pgghione 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,180 views: 156,121
IntelDoc 1 day ago

Hey there! I got some vintage modules from WSW and Siemens. After some research I have identified only Siemens W290 which are...

Centrala
replies: 7 views: 645
5.333V 1 day ago

Has anyone had a chance to use both of these enough to venture an opinion? Thanks

Gary Flanigan
replies: 0 views: 206
Gary Flanigan 1 day ago

For the first time in decades I have sprayed the pre/lines on this Neve 33115 sitting in a Neve 5315. On opening them up I was...

xlon
replies: 1 views: 277
cheu78 1 day ago

Hi! Recently i've got API dsm console (7800 and 2x8200)and im not happy with control room section on that. Converters im...

tajsam
replies: 0 views: 210
tajsam 1 day ago

I recently purchased this mysterious vintage Aengus mixing console looking for that vintage console sound. Ebay Link: Aengus API...

veggieryan
replies: 9 views: 1,148
Sigma 1 day ago

Hi all, Proud new owner of a pair of Coles 4038's here. My God do they sound good. Couple of questions... when the gain is up...

andrew montreal
replies: 7 views: 394
jwh1192 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 53 views: 4,534
b0se 1 day ago

I've had my Lio-8 for a few years, pretty happy with it so far. When I ws researching conversion at the time it seemed like a...

SEED78
replies: 12 views: 1,284
Black Ninja 1 day ago

I have a TEAC 1/2" 80-8 and looking for tape for it. What is everyone currently using now? ATR Magnetics...

gnomepark
replies: 5 views: 465
skybluerental 1 day ago

Next week I start recording an EP with a very hip Indie/Americana/Folk band. I've listened to their demos and the songs are...

EstockAudio
replies: 23 views: 2,258
Joao B. 1 day ago

Working a band that tracked one fourth of their vocals at a different studio with a Neumann M149 and switched studios mid-project...

nuemes
replies: 26 views: 11,027
son of soulohio 1 day ago

Hey Ya´ll Gone been thru few threads about tape discussions but couldnt really find so much comparison between specially SM900...

ihearsounds
replies: 29 views: 15,817
bushwick 1 day ago

I’m late to the daking party. From what I’ve heard in shoot outs and samples, they make awesome gear that I’d like to use...

Ox Han
replies: 12 views: 510
Paul_G 1 day ago

Okay, so I randomly came across this and it's awesome! All it's missing is flying faders!...

ClassyTouch
replies: 4 views: 712
DomiBabi 2 days ago

Hey! has anyone heard the new Audeze? I was after the LCD-4 but this is just awesome for studio use: lighter, cheaper and...

DownSideUp
replies: 4 views: 438
zoom25 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,526 views: 1,519,646
Drumhead1957 2 days ago

I know the 270 wasn’t known for studio use, like the 280b was, but could you imagine putting one to use for effecting a track...

breakinrecords
replies: 6 views: 270
breakinrecords 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search