The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

replies: 7 views: 60,644
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

replies: 1,545 views: 93,173
c0rtland 4 minutes ago

Hi guys, Might be being a but of a dummy about this, but was wondering if anyone here had found an elegant solution to...

replies: 7 views: 310
din 27 minutes ago

Anybody know of an SSL console being sold in LA preferrably? Looking for a 4K or 6K but also open to 9K depending on the...

replies: 5 views: 348
ibeenajro 37 minutes ago

Hello guys I'm in the middle of a dilemma, I have a budget that will allow only the purchase of a console, either a 4064 E/G+ or...

replies: 278 views: 17,621
ibeenajro 39 minutes ago

Does anyone know of 80 series boards for sale? A bud asked me to help him look for one and I don't know of any private sellers...

replies: 0 views: 45
bushwick 1 hour ago

Hi this is for Genesys and Genesys black owners/users with experience. I have four questions for you if you don't mind: 01....

replies: 5 views: 500
s.d.finley 1 hour ago

I have a pair of Focal SM9s and the right speaker is silent except for some self noise. The left speaker has some hum on top of...

replies: 5 views: 582
Lorenz94 1 hour ago

Hello all, Anyone who's owned or has extensive experience with a Sony C800g mic able to chime in? My friend and I bought...

replies: 24 views: 1,323
aremos 2 hours ago

Hi. I want to start a collection of analog saturation and distortion tools. From super subtle and high end, to super gritty,...

replies: 618 views: 57,072
cheu78 2 hours ago

I just listened to the new album, and holly s*** what an album! Also, I was mesmerized by his vocals that were popping out of my...

replies: 72 views: 10,129
Mikael-ange 2 hours ago

I looked at the UK thread, and the Towersonic seem great, but they may not be available here. Towersonic says RSPE carry them,...

replies: 9 views: 389
pentagon 3 hours ago

This is a question for MW and i am suprised its never been asked before. Could you talk us through how you mixed some of the...

replies: 39 views: 13,783
yizetti 3 hours ago

Hey guys... I'm looking for someone who can give me some specifics regarding the different circuity in the A, B, and C...

replies: 40 views: 2,640
yannlu 4 hours ago

I purchased a Neve 5465 console with a mixture of 34128 preamp modules and 34149 stereo line modules. I am looking to swap some...

replies: 5 views: 567
Geoff_T 4 hours ago

I bought a new high end DAC. It's made in Germany by Pro-Ject. It's called the Pre Box S2 Digital. It's a 32 bit DAC that does...

Jim Williams
replies: 43 views: 2,610
psycho_monkey 7 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

replies: 1,361 views: 160,183
Strictly Stereo 8 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

replies: 110 views: 14,512
Strictly Stereo 8 hours ago

Anyone using this combo? What do you think about it? Are the speakers good for mixing? Best Regards

replies: 4 views: 507
World Studios 8 hours ago

Hello. I've been doing some research on this IGS stereo eq unit. It looks pretty cool. I'm just curious if anyone has done a...

replies: 13 views: 764
CrunkThanAMug 10 hours ago
replies: - views: -
andersmv 11 hours ago

Hello all, Looking to solve a problem here. Hoping I can get some advice as I don't know all that much about compressors. I...

replies: 31 views: 677
u87allen 12 hours ago

I finally did it, this week we upgraded from the focal twin 6B to the Barefoot MM27 gen2. Right of the bat my mixes are...

replies: 2 views: 415
shalimo 14 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

replies: 723 views: 115,983
jonnyjonjon 15 hours ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,831 views: 504,813
Jackie Moon 15 hours ago

This new Heritage version of the Audient ASP 8024 really seems like such a wonderful analog mixer. Adding the extra character to...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 16 views: 2,223
Glenn Bucci 15 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

replies: 1,233 views: 164,595
sigmatibet 17 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

replies: 155 views: 11,210
bzone 17 hours ago

I know Tridents weren't really preferred for mixing back in the day, but does anybody know any song or album that was made with...

replies: 8 views: 451
vernier 18 hours ago

Upgrading my ye old monitors and have 5K. Has anybody compared these? What's your vibe? I just bought a pair of PMC...

replies: 43 views: 9,797
Pyxis360 19 hours ago

Hello, anyone here compared PSI A21m or A17m with similarly priced ATC SCM20 or SCM12 + good amp? Differences between active and...

replies: 59 views: 4,634
frenzy 20 hours ago

I'm looking for a stereo compressor for my master bus. Running it through an Apogee Rosetta 800. I got a chance to demo a...

replies: 1 views: 277
joeq 20 hours ago

Crane song avocet I vs II? What are the differences? More in features or sonnicaly? Or both? Your experience with those units,...

replies: 24 views: 2,040
stevegalante 1 day ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

replies: 37 views: 2,433
Strobian 1 day ago

Hi folks! Jules here GS founder We have an idea that might suit some of you. The ability to 'at a glance' view GS...

replies: 22 views: 1,129
James Lehmann 1 day ago

Dear slutz I have been obsessed with analysing Spike Stent's different mixes and trying to understand his working methods. I...

replies: 10 views: 2,476
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hi every body I'm new here and this my first post or answer. The thing is I just got a Urei 1176 compressor from a storage...

replies: 13 views: 606
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 1 day ago

Hi everyone, We are filming marketing videos for an internet marketing company and so far we have a pretty decent signal chain....

replies: 14 views: 535
pan60 1 day ago

Purple Audio MFtwenty5 - looks so intriguing, has been posted on Purple's site for awhile, and said to ship in 2014. Jens from...

replies: 124 views: 18,504
kage 1 day ago

Oh how I would love a pair of Amphions, or ATCs, or Kii's or whatever. Thing is, I am unconvinced that I need to spend thousands...

replies: 401 views: 23,206
Bob Olhsson 1 day ago

was this year's Gearslutz moderator annual ski trip. Here's EveAnna Manley (of Manley Labs) from the Geekslutz forum, Thomas...

[email protected]
replies: 8 views: 816
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

replies: 518 views: 20,350
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

replies: 181 views: 23,767
IkennaFuNkEn 1 day ago

Hello I own a 2016 radar studio and use it in Radar DAW mode. I want to know how I email tracks from the Radar DAW . After I...

replies: 1 views: 344
SKYSGUY 1 day ago

I am just wondering if anyone out there has a copy or knows where I can get a copy of the Mac SE software to control the Quantec...

replies: 13 views: 1,588
rtype909 1 day ago

Hi gearslutz community, I am willing to purchase one of these preamps. I´m aiming towards a more colored sound. At the moment...

replies: 26 views: 2,167
MarkyGoldstein 1 day ago

Hello everybody! If we consider only reverberation, is the quality of the reverb (hall, room, plate) really the same in these...

replies: 3 views: 373
MarkyGoldstein 1 day ago

Just finalized the custom button layout. So after they bill me, it will be on it's way. I'm going to write a review here after...

replies: 9 views: 889
c1ferrari 2 days ago

I'm considering a Studer A827 24-track with Dolby SR. The price tag is pretty hefty, $12.5k, but the thing is practically...

replies: 51 views: 7,339
burns46824 2 days ago

So I have this unit, "The Plex" Tube Echo Chamber, made by the now defunct Rock Hard, Inc. Before it came into my...

replies: 18 views: 8,743
djtomfoolery 2 days ago

Hello everyone, Just picked up a used Vari Mu (manufactured in 2015), and I've noticed that when the compressor was in my...

replies: 6 views: 402
joulss 2 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search