The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 1,989
Views: 1,989
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 68,577
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I've been reading a lot of 1176 inspired clone threads. But I don't see much in direct comparison between Hairball and Serpent....

Pale Pyramid
replies: 1 views: 16
thehightenor 2 minutes ago

I have been offered a 480L which I'm sort of tempted by. With great modern verbs like M7 and Eventide 8000, would this be a good...

TSM
replies: 201 views: 50,324
Darius1 10 minutes ago

Greetings! I'm looking to get new monitors for my home studio. I mostly write electronic music (so bass is very important) and...

Anadrolic
replies: 12 views: 973
mikeka 30 minutes ago

In researching console options I keep coming across references to API console as having "that API sound". Having not...

Peter Craft
replies: 69 views: 3,807
M2E 38 minutes ago

So what do you guys think?! Let's share some links and arguments. If you can'y say for sure... then what would be your...

AlanWalk
replies: 53 views: 1,668
Arthur Stone 39 minutes ago

Looking for a tube preamp to complement my solid state selection (primarily for vocals) and wondering if anyone can help me...

kaleida
replies: 3 views: 215
Al Rogers 57 minutes ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,903 views: 1,649,614
Ox Han 1 hour ago

Hi howdy I'm considering getting a new AD converter for our studio. Since we record a lot on tape and then to transfers to DAW...

Dan O
replies: 0 views: 47
Dan O 1 hour ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 360 views: 62,022
Gravity8058 2 hours ago

Hi Slutz, So I'm in the market to get my first highend pre-amp to pair with my Manley Ref C for vocals. I've been narrowing...

T_Laz
replies: 4 views: 321
Plush 3 hours ago

Have you done it? What cameras did you use? Share your stories here please. Specifically interested in what cameras you used....

drew
replies: 84 views: 11,367
quincyg 3 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm shopping for a 24 track tape machine. If you could choose between a Studer A827 or a MCI JH24 for slightly...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 19 views: 625
127Riot 3 hours ago

I've always wanted to really hear any objective differences in the sound as a whole between these two monitors. They are in...

barbital
replies: 7 views: 432
elamberth 4 hours ago

Hi This is a serious question: I was wondering whether the GML 8900 still brings something special to the table in 2017, given...

decurion99
replies: 36 views: 5,141
nednerd 5 hours ago

Hello, I'm looking for a comparison chart between these 2 generations but couldn't find one. Does anyone know all the...

esppse
replies: 28 views: 3,446
deedeeyeah 6 hours ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 2 views: 512
astralpen 7 hours ago

Hey out there, my first post here in the forum. I run a studio in Germany. We work here in some kind of network and the most...

TheBaker
replies: 27 views: 1,579
thehightenor 7 hours ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 19 views: 2,399
Ronnie Dixon 9 hours ago

Hi All, first-time poster, long time reader. I am going to be making first big vocal chain purchase and I have about 4k to...

ry_wal
replies: 51 views: 2,200
cheu78 11 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 406 views: 68,057
MrChick 12 hours ago

Have a BAE 11 space and Daking 500 pre. Have hum with the Daking, but no hum from the empty BAE. Which is the culprit? I don’t...

Ox Han
replies: 16 views: 788
Ox Han 14 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,980 views: 242,778
ramirocerar 16 hours ago

Every now and then there´s this poll where men are asked what their dream woman looks like. The winner usually ends up with...

gainreduction
replies: 55 views: 16,953
ProPower 21 hours ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 419 views: 132,110
rob S 21 hours ago

Hello everyone I'm looking for the right dynamic mic to pair with a 737 preamp. Does anyone here know a great dynamic mic to pair...

loyuit
replies: 19 views: 550
loyuit 22 hours ago

Hello, Does anybody of you know about REAMP Electronics units? I found this LA-2A style compressor on their website and I was...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 457
morosh 23 hours ago

Mystery. I have taken custody of a box of 1/4" Otari and Ampex tape machine spares. In it amongst boards capstan and reel...

mooed music
replies: 1 views: 268
Dan Kennedy 1 day ago

So I would like to see what people have tried and liked as far as mic pre amp mods on this console. I have changed the op-amps to...

jctaudiodesigns
replies: 13 views: 1,538
Jim Williams 1 day ago

So Guys, I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp for my Manley Ref C. Now there are a few audio samples floating around here...

T_Laz
replies: 5 views: 443
T_Laz 1 day ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 627 views: 35,421
crosscutred 1 day ago

So today I got my c100 I was stoked to set it up and see what it sounds like, keep in mind I'm not recording in the most optimal...

Cokey30
replies: 17 views: 4,810
bleep 1 day ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 154 views: 6,818
nosebleedaudio 1 day ago

I am trying to build a mobile recording rig that is easy to break down and transport. I was thinking about getting a SSL Nucleus...

blackacre
replies: 6 views: 467
octatonic 1 day ago

I spotted some great speakers, by a well known manufacturer at a steal price from a reputable dealer recently. when I enquired...

climber
replies: 32 views: 2,416
ILoveSampling 1 day ago

About to purchase a vocal chain for a upcoming modern pop project. Young female voice. I have used a Redd mic before but not on a...

bmaughan
replies: 17 views: 1,382
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi- I have an IJ Research Custom Stereo Neve Compressor and limiter, made of original vintage Neve cards and original Trannys...

Rea
replies: 0 views: 255
Rea 1 day ago

Hi, I have a demo unit of a Trinnov MC at the studio right now. Unfortunately, a have an older version, it is a grey Trinnov...

audioluche
replies: 0 views: 278
audioluche 1 day ago

Hey all, I'm looking for a shock mount for my vintage 251. I'm mainly looking for something that will securely hold the mic...

phoenixsoap
replies: 3 views: 347
Klaus 1 day ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 219 views: 22,270
mig27 2 days ago
replies: 16 views: 5,837
smakdaady 2 days ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 130 views: 7,325
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,254 views: 123,613
MarcA 2 days ago

From AD8 manual: So what's behind the marketing hype? I understand this is a purely digital, high-latency process, which...

Sugar
replies: 81 views: 11,237
Zoot 2 days ago

Hey all, I’m on the lookout for a new stereo EQ and came across the Elysia Xfilter. It comes in both a 19” version as well...

RedMeadow
replies: 2 views: 415
badmark 2 days ago

These look quite interesting. $1900 shipped in the USA https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-detailed-description...

jtwrace
replies: 2 views: 468
jtwrace 2 days ago

Hallo. Is there anyone that own these pres? Can you tell me something more about their sound? Please also compare them to API...

fuoriporta
replies: 3 views: 9,828
Pico Pico 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I just got a really great offer (€1400) for an Avocet II and just wanted to double check that I won't regret...

StateOfMatter
replies: 1 views: 371
astralpen 2 days ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,391 views: 197,271
spandex man 2 days ago

Hello, I am new to the Mic World ... I am all ITB Producer and lately I have been wanting to record some Live Acoustic Guitar...

DJ Bechara
replies: 8 views: 519
DJ Bechara 2 days ago

Focal Trio 6be have an automatic standby that kicks in after 15 minutes of no audio coming in. I have already enquired Focal...

jacko
replies: 27 views: 5,760
barbital 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search