The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByTransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 71,464
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I was recommended by a fellow GS member that the S3X-H's, while a little older in design, are absolutely incredible. These...

Shaggy2039
replies: 8 views: 500
mrc 15 minutes ago

I am looking to buy some tone shaping/harmonic tool for my 2bus. I am currently summing thru a folcrom using different mic pre...

laperlestudio
replies: 29 views: 2,305
laperlestudio 26 minutes ago

hi i am looking at getting a Orban 622B EQ but I am not 100% clear on how to tell whether it is potted or not. i have pics...

fiddazzler
replies: 8 views: 2,850
iangomes 53 minutes ago

As an example, let us us the Soyuz 17 series. From their website "Though the FET and Tube models are similar – the two...

ThousandMics
replies: 2 views: 348
Rec_Eng 1 hour ago

Hey. I have now spent a lot of time in my control room mixing only with summing amp, mixbus eq and compressor. The rest in the...

TheBaker
replies: 194 views: 10,788
nobtwiddler 1 hour ago

The manual says to clock the Aurora to the AES16e. I tried that and the AES16e to the Aurora and it seems to me that clocking...

NoizyNinja
replies: 24 views: 6,480
Taurean 1 hour ago

Oh how I would love a pair of Amphions, or ATCs, or Kii's or whatever. Thing is, I am unconvinced that I need to spend thousands...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 482 views: 34,129
Bob Olhsson 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, hoping to get some help by fellow Neumann KH 310 A users. I've noticed that my left Neumann KH 310 is a bit...

ruonitb
replies: 9 views: 582
rincewind 2 hours ago

Hi, Looking for advice on wether a silver bullet which I believe has two mic pre circuits (API & Neve) would be capable of...

Lyricalgenius81
replies: 52 views: 1,344
Lyricalgenius81 2 hours ago

I just got my Ref C and am looking for a preamp for it. I haven't tested it out yet because I'm still rearranging things in my...

ChristianN
replies: 41 views: 1,295
hellohead 2 hours ago

I'm starting to invest in a few great mics. I just bought a pair of Gefell m300 for stereo recording (very cool mics) and now I'm...

Jerzy
replies: 55 views: 1,361
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Anyone use this combo? Or is this noise prone, even with the fixes below? The v72 doesn't have a lot of gain but I'm...

ChristianN
replies: 13 views: 804
ChristianN 3 hours ago

I'm trying to decide weather to buy a Rupert Neve Designs 5088 or an API The Box. The 5088 has 8 channels which can be either...

fcm creative
replies: 104 views: 27,574
fcm creative 4 hours ago

Ive been out of the industry for a long time. Curious what the current go to chains are in Nashville for the...

cap217
replies: 38 views: 2,622
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

Hey all, high end boxes like the Meyer Galexy and Coneq are good but also have their drawbacks. The Meyer system has crazy fan...

South Brokelyn
replies: 9 views: 674
MarcB 4 hours ago

Hello, I recently acquired an Api the box 2, I have the 8 Api preamps that The box brings and I have an Ams neve 1073 Dpx (2 neve...

RaulR
replies: 5 views: 740
Labs 5 hours ago

Hi guys sorry if posting in wrong forum. My tech is trying to fix my Shadow Hills compressor and needs to get in contact with...

Looneytune
replies: 5 views: 710
jason1581 6 hours ago

I know, I know - however, I'm considering adding a sub system to my Amphions and selling or p/x my M7 would basically pay for...

ollieneedham
replies: 34 views: 1,700
ionian 6 hours ago

Hey guys i am designing a game and looking to set up a studio in my room. I already purchased an apollo twin duo (usb) what pre...

Grey_dhd
replies: 1 views: 408
David W. Jones 7 hours ago

Sorry for the long, silly and oddly personal post. :facepalm: My friend and I decided to try a temporary wifeswap er.. monitor...

WithUsInHatred
replies: 78 views: 3,374
tymish 8 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,441 views: 960,010
syncussion 9 hours ago

Hey you Mixbusers ! I'm mixing on an SSL AWS and thinking about adding a Mixbus EQ to my setup.. I'm looking for: -Great...

TanTan
replies: 109 views: 16,434
RoundBadge 13 hours ago

Wow! I just got a BSA C12, with the Siemens SM204 self-bias circuit option. It's beautiful. It's like half a C24 in that it...

Paul_G
replies: 13 views: 982
SydBeretta 16 hours ago

You slutz know what I'm talkin bout - that piece of gear you just got tired of, etc.. and decided to sell it for one reason or...

UpNSmoke
replies: 154 views: 16,536
ABBA 17 hours ago

Hi, I own a pair of Genelec SAM monitors. They are connected to my RME via the aes/ebu inputs. In order to control the monitor...

Walshy
replies: 7 views: 713
Walshy 19 hours ago

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 110 views: 6,992
themiracle 19 hours ago
replies: - views: -
themiracle 19 hours ago

They make the power supply most SSL owners use and love. But I found today they make a full range compact studio monitor Called...

anguswoodhead
replies: 20 views: 1,608
glymur 21 hours ago

Looking to purchase a "flagship" tube mic for my home/mobile recording studio. I already have a good mic and outboard...

homespunaudio
replies: 11 views: 766
tkaitkai 22 hours ago

Hi all, as im in search for specific units i lost i wanted to ask if its possible to send me some contacts/forum-usernames,.. of...

alkor
replies: 6 views: 734
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

I don’t see a lot of talk about these. I recently this spring got a pair of HR4S and have to say I really like them. First...

rectifried
replies: 17 views: 823
pentagon 1 day ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 175 views: 11,561
DougS 1 day ago

Other threads deal with the slutty things that you bought this year, but I would also like to know what it is that you sold and...

Earcatcher
replies: 45 views: 2,716
RogerFoote 1 day ago

Anyone here can give a feedback on Merging's Hapi (or Horus, not quite sure if they have the same amp) headphone...

ubd
replies: 1 views: 802
nobtwiddler 1 day ago

Hey guys, as the title suggests, I am looking for a mic preamp that does not color the sound, has a high gain level even for a...

producerxtr
replies: 93 views: 6,174
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Still "There's no place like America today" by Curtis Mayfield (1975, Curtom) is one of my most favorite...

airmate
replies: 22 views: 3,282
ejsongs 1 day ago

Hi guys, I just got my long awaited dream mic today! The Flea 47 Next (cardioid only) microphone. I was wondering if any users...

Mad John
replies: 147 views: 23,802
proxy 1 day ago

I have a 24 track reel to reel Westlake Audio (3M I believe). I know next to nothing about recording equipment other than my...

MelissaB
replies: 13 views: 2,096
GILDO9 1 day ago

The Patch, I have been waiting for this for over a year! Viewed it at NAMM 2018. This 2019 it was there again and they have them...

bzone
replies: 154 views: 13,159
billbob 1 day ago

Not much info on this online - other than the manufacturer's specs. I did see this though, in a studio's gear list/info: DCE...

nynofi
replies: 5 views: 2,963
sum_wan 2 days ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 129 views: 12,987
Carl Freeland 2 days ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 112 views: 17,325
thedommer 2 days ago

Hello I want to improve the recordings of a Rhodes (and Vintage Vibe Piano). I am looking for that 'sound' of the late 70's,...

jr30
replies: 17 views: 827
BIG BUDDHA 2 days ago

Since upgrading to the ATC SCM110 from ATC SCM50s (new studio) I've been having trouble getting used to what I perceive as a kind...

Fer2010
replies: 17 views: 806
Fer2010 2 days ago

I recently switched from the trusty U87 to a U47 type in my production studio. I love, love, love the switch, but I do find...

proxy
replies: 60 views: 2,619
Danielbest1 2 days ago

Howdy, posted this in the other forum but with no replies so thought I'd give this one a try. Very early days in...

Nowak
replies: 31 views: 5,837
Matt Syson 2 days ago

Hi all, It was recommended that I pose this question to y'all. I am upgrading my studio and am looking at buying either an SSL...

markatrain
replies: 13 views: 1,812
wavewalker 2 days ago

Hey guys, i'm looking for a Nagra T-Audio (all models, except the NTA-2M) but it seems to me that it's hard to find one that is...

bowa
replies: 8 views: 1,499
John Willett 2 days ago

Hi everyone. I have recorded a solo piano music (Steinway D series). I used a pair of Neumann KM 184 (close mic position) and...

LBuyuk
replies: 14 views: 3,772
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hello geniuses, I am dense and could use a little help. My converter setup today is an Aurora Lynx 16 with the firewire...

b0b0
replies: 2 views: 765
b0b0 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search