The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,003
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey Slutz, Ive finally got round to putting together a mastering chain as mastering has quickly become the main focus of my...

LostTribes
replies: 27 views: 2,024
Doc Mixwell 1 minute ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 573 views: 25,079
psycho_monkey 2 minutes ago

Which series of SSl modules do you like better, the Black or the Silver? Do you find certain type of music sounds better with one...

Jason rocks
replies: 1 views: 112
johnnyc 1 hour ago

Trying to locate a Telefunken VF14m tube from a reputable seller. Please PM me if you have any info on one. Thanks! Scammers...

ghostwriter
replies: 41 views: 3,785
gyraf 1 hour ago

First off hello and thank you for such a great site ....... i have managed to get hold of some Neve 34132 and 34120 MIC PRE...

angus007
replies: 0 views: 81
angus007 2 hours ago

Hi, so I'm currently tracking vocals through U87aii and Neve 1073 DPA through my Apogee duet and my vocals sound extremely muddy....

susus123
replies: 7 views: 459
OhioGreg 3 hours ago

Has anyone had the following happen to their U67 reissue? I've had 2, one on APR 13 & another on May 22 (today), &...

aremos
replies: 5 views: 210
RoundBadge 3 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,682 views: 1,566,189
crille_mannen 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have a soundcraft 200b mixer and the transformer in the power supply is burned. The only info about the...

bayan
replies: 4 views: 212
bayan 5 hours ago

Would the DDA mixing console sound a whole lot better than a Midas Venice 320?

gabler
replies: 10 views: 538
jude 5 hours ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 39 views: 3,582
bgrotto 7 hours ago

My limited understanding is that the C12 is rather "hit or miss" generally, on male vocals. Honestly, I probably...

chessparov2.0
replies: 22 views: 692
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

Helios

Helios poll: 1. What is your favorite Helios gear and from what era? 2. What are your favorite uses for it (EQ-1 if you...

concentric
replies: 230 views: 36,968
Deuce 225 10 hours ago

OK, I thought in true Gearslutz tradition I would share my experience of this desk which I have now been using for a couple of...

DannyMac
replies: 19 views: 3,966
Glenn Bucci 10 hours ago

Here are pics of my new Console.heppy

maestro
replies: 149 views: 41,126
finalmattasy 11 hours ago

Hi! I am madly in love with Electronaut M63 and would like to get another one but it seems to be temporaily out of production...

Delphino
replies: 16 views: 963
deuc647 11 hours ago

I'm currently recording using a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 as my interface. I'm considering adding one or two high-quality...

staley
replies: 7 views: 408
formula428 12 hours ago
replies: - views: -
lilgreg 12 hours ago

Hello, I'm searching for a new pair of studio monitors. I'm more into on Genelecs but i have also heard good reviews for the...

AXI1999
replies: 1 views: 176
Glenn Bucci 13 hours ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 31 views: 599
pcbiz 14 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 0 views: 164
acupunk 14 hours ago

Hi all, I'm about buying some expensive stuff and would like what you think about those two. What are the differences if any...

Mgr
replies: 32 views: 18,723
eLUX 14 hours ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 304 views: 61,973
Filmscores 15 hours ago

I have a pair of SCM25A's with a Dynaudio BM14S sub (driven by a Crane Song Avocet IIA with the Quantum D/A). Sub is off most of...

audiotechnica
replies: 6 views: 548
Roman English 15 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 704 views: 40,948
michael cleary 16 hours ago

I'm looking into getting a controller and would like to know if anyone here has used both and what the major differences are...

Iglesias
replies: 33 views: 5,664
pixelhead 16 hours ago

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.. I am familiar with the sound of ATC speakers and love them to bits. I am however considering if I'd...

midmost
replies: 14 views: 1,601
ddageek 18 hours ago

I love my Neumann mics. I HATE the shock mounts. So what happens is that one uses the mic and then puts it away. Next time...

cdruzeta
replies: 10 views: 683
hasbeen 20 hours ago

Hi everyone. So I have had a Vermona Retroverb Lancet for some time, but I'm just not in love with the sound of the spring. I...

raccoonboy
replies: 5 views: 520
unfiltered420 23 hours ago

Hi this is for Genesys and Genesys black owners/users with experience. I have four questions for you if you don't mind: 01....

herecomesyourman
replies: 19 views: 1,646
eLUX 1 day ago

Hi! I have an Audient iD14 and a Schoeps CMIT5U microphone. I use this primarily to record audio when recording web-based video...

swedishstudio
replies: 0 views: 249
swedishstudio 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 133 views: 18,900
puriteaudio 1 day ago

Hi all, Not to make another boring opinionated monitor argument but: I purchased Amphion one15's last year listening to all of...

orangefridge
replies: 15 views: 1,016
Brad Lunde 1 day ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 192 views: 17,364
Twenty Staxx 1 day ago

Is it the converters that make it so good?

redddog
replies: 484 views: 50,488
mikeyman 1 day ago

I'm preparing to invest in some top of the line near fields for my home studio, I'm composing bass heavy music exclusively-...

austinpraxia
replies: 3 views: 538
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm considering getting a Crane Song HEDD 192 later this year. Since I've never owned a dedicated DAC/ADC before, I...

IntronShedir
replies: 8 views: 1,382
sourcefor 1 day ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 103 views: 6,989
The Warmth 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am new here and I seek for your advice. I want to upgrade my "music PC". ATM I have cheap roland duo ex...

user6231
replies: 10 views: 702
vintagetube 1 day ago
replies: 84 views: 4,162
NoEgo 1 day ago

So I wanted to add in some super flavorful EQs to my analog mastering chain and I either want to add on the Massive Passive or...

chase.bencin
replies: 16 views: 4,162
Plan4Studios 1 day ago

I have am looking for a top notch flat headphone amp to power some Audeze LCD-4 with. Currently, I am looking at the Headamp GSX...

ThePrez
replies: 38 views: 2,654
nmccamy 1 day ago

Hello, I am a gearslut and have some money, so it must be spent. I have a Blackspade UM17R that carries most of the vocal duty...

NamelessUnknown
replies: 7 views: 617
toledo3 1 day ago

Sup y'all... So I have a new Curve Bender coming to my studio on Friday. Excited to add it to the rest of my setup. Question I...

TheDawg
replies: 21 views: 1,501
augustin187 2 days ago

Hello my experienced and wise friends with good taste in everything, RND Shelford Channel x2 vs RND Master Bus Processor +...

augustin187
replies: 0 views: 279
augustin187 2 days ago

Has anyone used - possibly compared - the current offerings in U47 FET clones? As of this writing I‘m aware of the...

andychamp
replies: 50 views: 3,827
drybones 2 days ago
Timesaver800W 2 days ago

Hello im trying to decide to get a H9000. They are already available to order however i don t see any demos anywhere. I...

egloss
replies: 0 views: 305
egloss 2 days ago

Hello, I'm looking for a comparison chart between these 2 generations but couldn't find one. Does anyone know all the...

esppse
replies: 0 views: 305
esppse 2 days ago
thismercifulfate 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search