The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 73,327
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi guys, I want to upgrade my studio setup with a comp. I’ve read a lot of treads here on GS with opinions about comps. So I...

J.Ballin
replies: 12 views: 505
maxhype 48 minutes ago

Hey everyone! Im about to pull the trigger on a vintage U87ai from 1986 but wanted the opinions here first on gearslutz.....

ohmz
replies: 7 views: 374
Rec_Eng 53 minutes ago

How do these sound pre and eq compared to other vintage neve's? Or other vintage console strips racked these days? Searching...

fromthepuggle
replies: 4 views: 281
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 hour ago

Hey guys, I recently picked up an M149 and am absolutely loving it. Currently using a Burl B1, and while it's an awesome sound,...

tkaitkai
replies: 26 views: 1,688
tkaitkai 1 hour ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,243 views: 1,693,145
andychamp 2 hours ago

curious which vintage solid state racked console eq are worth getting. preamps as well, often bundled with eq, but I'm largely...

fromthepuggle
replies: 19 views: 810
pan60 2 hours ago

I thought it would be good to have a thread dealing with the Telefunken Tf47. Id like to know if anybody had any experience with...

tigerwoots
replies: 14 views: 1,435
anaudiopro 2 hours ago

Got a U67 and love it, but I can see why people talk about opening up the top end for vocals. Can you share some EQs you’re...

proxy
replies: 40 views: 2,043
GreenNeedle 3 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,487 views: 162,165
chrispire 3 hours ago

Does anyone own both ELOP+ and the original UA LA 2a and would be soooo kind to share some A-B audio test comparing the two...

J.Ballin
replies: 2 views: 114
J.Ballin 3 hours ago

Audio interfaces: What really happens with audio quality, once you switch from a Metric Halo 2882 to a cheap Native...

putte
replies: 0 views: 89
putte 3 hours ago

Urei 1178

I get a Urei 1178 in silver from a friend, he want 2000$. Good price? Is this thing sound-wise as good or better as a Purple...

Noise Commander
replies: 32 views: 3,894
Karloff70 4 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 272 views: 24,946
drockfresh 4 hours ago

Wasn't sure where to put this so mods, move as required. Thought this might save some people some hours of install issues....

Oldone
replies: 1 views: 111
tedtan 4 hours ago

Looking for ideas for a vocal mic. Birthday is coming up and I have the thumbs up for a $10k budget, give or take. I have a...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 32 views: 639
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 789 views: 100,480
e-are 6 hours ago

I currently run a hybrid 32 I/O setup with a motu 16a and a couple of behringer adats. I was offered a Trident 65 for a thousand...

404recording
replies: 5 views: 235
404recording 6 hours ago

Hi All, I'm looking for a studio - location doesn't matter - that has a Bricasti and/or a Quantec. I'm currently mixing a...

citrusburst
replies: 1 views: 279
ollieneedham 7 hours ago

I was looking at a B2 Bomber ADC but was surprised to read it was released in 2011. How often does converter chip technology...

drockfresh
replies: 16 views: 778
Diehljm 7 hours ago

Anyone able to first hand compare the Sonic Farm gear to other similar tube saturation gear? I know the Sonic Farm gear gets...

fromthepuggle
replies: 11 views: 535
12tone 8 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,024 views: 263,131
Lupez 9 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,229 views: 1,076,092
Hansest 9 hours ago

Hello all! I’m about to make my first leap into analog processing my purchasing a summing mixer. Thus far I’ve identified the...

AndromedaA6
replies: 66 views: 2,391
uumatter 9 hours ago

Has anyone / does anyone know what is happening under the hood of this plugin?

replies: 2 views: 2,933
Eric Stravinsky 15 hours ago

Oh how I would love a pair of Amphions, or ATCs, or Kii's or whatever. Thing is, I am unconvinced that I need to spend thousands...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 580 views: 41,416
PeterLarkin 20 hours ago

We just received our Demo Unit, and I have had a good 2-3 hours of use on this thing so far. It connected right to our...

Doc Mixwell
replies: 1,252 views: 277,700
Doc Mixwell 21 hours ago

Hi! I am looking for a qualified tech to repair my H3000 in Canada. On Eventide web site, they list someone in California. It's...

audioluche
replies: 1 views: 196
RestLes 22 hours ago

Hey guys, I've recently ventured into doing stem mastering out of the box and purchased the most "affordable" SSL...

Arnej
replies: 4 views: 516
elamberth 23 hours ago

They tell me Burl is delicious for tracking. Adds some mojo. But for mixing do you prefer cleaner converters?

drockfresh
replies: 3 views: 366
Rec_Eng 1 day ago

After 6 long years of blasting my Barefoot MM27's for 10-18 hours a day, my left channel just gave out right during a super...

nikkei
replies: 47 views: 8,926
vicenzajay 1 day ago

Hi, Anyone compared the Undertone Audio Mpeq-1 to the Neve Portico ? I’ve a Shelford so thinking of swapping my Portico...

karljohnson
replies: 1 views: 288
Master_Splinter 1 day ago

I am looking to buy some tone shaping/harmonic tool for my 2bus. I am currently summing thru a folcrom using different mic pre...

laperlestudio
replies: 55 views: 5,224
127Riot 1 day ago

Hey guys, have anybody had the chance to demo both ATC and PSI in the same room? I got a fairly good offer on the ATC 100's,...

MatsNo
replies: 77 views: 4,603
steve02 1 day ago

Hi Guys :) I'm looking for the inner black rubber band, which prevents the male XLR to fall out of the MIC when I unplug the...

Influx_
replies: 0 views: 164
Influx_ 1 day ago

Hi. I have 3 telefunken U47 short bodies that all have the Nuvistor (planning to change later) sounds great (alot better than...

Tift
replies: 4 views: 306
theglow 1 day ago

I've been eyeing one of these for a year now and, as one of the last purchases for my studio (now 15 years in the making), am...

ripripstabstab
replies: 18 views: 764
BOMI 1 day ago

I recently picked up a 6176 and the stepped knobs are super tight. When compared to my LA610 it's like night and day. Is there...

r3zn
replies: 5 views: 320
r3zn 1 day ago

I am thinking of drawmer 1974, neve 8803, Any other suggestions. First mix eq that I can do track mg and mixbus. I want more of a...

spektor
replies: 15 views: 891
hammond231 1 day ago

My pre-amps are as follows, Millennia STT-1 (dual topology pre - Solid State and Valve) BAE 1073D AEA RPQ 500 (ribbon...

thehightenor
replies: 5 views: 420
thehightenor 1 day ago

I just stumbled upon this company Online Shop They sell newly produced plug n play ac701 tubes. Quite expensive for a newly...

crille_mannen
replies: 9 views: 1,491
lucasanything 1 day ago

Just began experimenting with my U67 Reissue on Electric Guitars. Trying the John Leckie style of combining it with a 57, both...

mikoo69
replies: 16 views: 1,082
Hamburg58 1 day ago

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a working GML automation v7 system? Our system has lost its NVRAM settings.. and we...

electroaudio
replies: 1 views: 271
Hamburg58 1 day ago

Here's pictures of the a very rare VF14 version. Brand is TELESTAR but this is a real TELEFUNKEN VF14. Can someone give...

Snoop Jamy Jam
replies: 10 views: 2,047
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi all, Apologies if this is the wrong forum - and mods, please move me to the right one of it is! I've been trying to...

crackmandu
replies: 1 views: 246
Skamm Goodiez 1 day ago

dear Friends, I'm Fabio from Nord Italy, I'm an electronic music lover/technician and player. I write you today in the hope...

electricc
replies: 7 views: 1,000
SOLON 2 days ago

Good morning Slutz, I very recently acquired a Nagra IV-S that I will be using for recording as well as a final mixdown deck....

follj401
replies: 9 views: 363
follj401 2 days ago

Hi , I have a question. I have a avalon 737 but suddenly i got no signal through the mic. ( se gemini 2 ) Also the vu meter...

Gametime
replies: 1 views: 243
Gametime 2 days ago

I recently purchased a Ampex 351 and am in the process of getting back to 100% working condition. Transport is working fine and...

TwistTurner
replies: 2 views: 251
TwistTurner 2 days ago

I thought this would be an interesting place to compile H3000 settings and how you would accomplish them with Waves. The mondo...

cap217
replies: 0 views: 246
cap217 2 days ago

I had the chance to buy a pair of ATC scm50a's for a good price. Though had had my mind set on buying a pair of 25's after using...

Brett 123
replies: 29 views: 6,368
DannyMac 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search