The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 85,749
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

are there any worth considering ? am I missing something besides senn 441, 421 ? also Ive got senn MD21-U and...

lofi
replies: 2 views: 59
deedeeyeah 15 minutes ago

Finally pulled the trigger on my dream mic. The Neumann U87 AI. Slightly used, mint condition from Guitar Center. I verified...

Da Youngsta
replies: 0 views: 33
Da Youngsta 32 minutes ago

Hi all! I'm beginning to dive into the world of mixing music for Dolby ATMOS format. I've got a 7.1.4 mixing setup here, and...

ShanethP
replies: 43 views: 2,127
deedeeyeah 39 minutes ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,369 views: 329,397
nate12 1 hour ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,138 views: 202,792
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 383 views: 43,067
Casey 1 hour ago

I am looking for all-in-one (no subs!) main monitors for a relatively small room (20m²). ATC/Kii/Barefoot unfortunately seem...

Wizhard
replies: 1 views: 345
hool15 1 hour ago

I have gotten really curious about this, so here is another research thread. although the separation between mixing and...

peter sikking
replies: 0 views: 48
peter sikking 2 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my monitors. My room will be fully designed/treated professionally and built by me by the end...

CurseesConnect
replies: 23 views: 690
jpanderson80 2 hours ago

Which of these four devices provides the most vintage mojo for a studio, for making things have hi-fi yet vintage sound of the...

fromthepuggle
replies: 11 views: 520
Germanfunk 2 hours ago

Hello, I know studio pic threads have been done before, but I haven't seen anything specific on control rooms. Sorry in...

Aunt_Ethyl
replies: 85 views: 5,815
aremos 3 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,941 views: 178,967
FOURTHTUNZ 4 hours ago

this is a bit of fun research. at the moment I am making great progress with the design of a passive mastering EQ. the thread...

peter sikking
replies: 130 views: 5,403
shahstlz 5 hours ago

Hi My name is tommy nolte. Im looking for help. Since the official service of the neve custom 75 , broke up contact with me...

Tommy nolte
replies: 7 views: 532
bdelacrose 5 hours ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 953 views: 69,743
JSchlomo 8 hours ago

Hey, so bought a Stam a little while ago and love it. I think it sounds great, this it lives on the mix bus. Since I have bought...

Irelando
replies: 14 views: 2,316
JSchlomo 8 hours ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,891 views: 562,533
agibney 9 hours ago

So can anyone explain the differences between all the Eventide H3000s? Obviously I have used a few of them over the years (seems...

not_so_new
replies: 141 views: 46,973
TheBrightSide 11 hours ago

Hey guys, Has anyone ever had any major water leak from the ceiling pouring water into their SSL 4000 series console? What was...

Radiotech96
replies: 6 views: 567
deondamage 15 hours ago

I would like to know some advices and impressions about this gear because, in Paris, i don't know how can i try it...

Julien Apruzzese
replies: 24 views: 9,728
Artcutech 16 hours ago

I know sometimes people say they hate these vs. threads but I love them and they have been really helpful! Here I’m looking...

augustin187
replies: 7 views: 1,302
hool15 17 hours ago

I am using an Avid 11 rack on one of my vertical workstations and I'd like to stay on that same workstation to cut guitar bass...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 4 views: 157
FOURTHTUNZ 18 hours ago

Hey, Are there any mics that come close to the coles 4038 in terms of its deep, smooth, creamy sound? I have a single coles...

scruffy
replies: 37 views: 9,704
themiracle 18 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 404 views: 57,383
gsilbers 18 hours ago

Sorry, probably stupid questions, and certainly noob questions, but I didn't find it mentioned anywhere. Does plugging an...

100brothers
replies: 29 views: 7,010
steveschizoid 19 hours ago

Hi, I just had a few questions about the X-Desk I was hoping long-time users could answer :) If I purchase a 500 series...

mat_down_under
replies: 5 views: 423
Bloodstar57 19 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 427 views: 40,322
Kroc 20 hours ago

I'm wondering what you all that grew up with vinyl feel about the current vinyl revival? Any of you enjoy listening to a nice...

drockfresh
replies: 173 views: 4,105
Sharp11 20 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 744 views: 67,883
Brad Lunde 23 hours ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 57 views: 2,891
CEG85 1 day ago

Hi, a couple months ago I finished treating my 4m x 3m room (still some ceiling work to be done but sounds good) I have my...

jonasdre
replies: 6 views: 366
jonasdre 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,693 views: 1,826,260
kaleida 1 day ago

hi everyone i had a chance to use both mics,but in different studio, and i love both. I can't really decide wich one to get,...

fredweb
replies: 35 views: 16,763
redline314 1 day ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 180 views: 24,898
latestflavor 1 day ago

I've been to their site, lots of pics, and a few little video snippets. Some comments, but nothing substantial? But I'm...

nobtwiddler
replies: 25 views: 2,192
bkb911T 1 day ago

Hi I'm working on my 500 series lunchbox and I'm starting off with a preamp but I can't decide between these two (in title). I'm...

arkaneskye
replies: 0 views: 105
arkaneskye 1 day ago

I have owned many C414EB (nylon ring) in the past. Pretty much bland but perfect for so many sources. I've since sold them all...

JRE Productions
replies: 12 views: 3,220
JRE Productions 1 day ago

Hello guys, i learnt that when it is about music gear, there is not " the best", but different sound, but i think...

DoubleJo
replies: 33 views: 5,267
Dirk Churlish 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I have a bit of a complicated clocking situation and desperately need some help, as I'm woefully ignorant of the...

TonyD
replies: 0 views: 140
TonyD 1 day ago

I'm in the, "If it isn't broken...", camp on this. I know of one show that used the same locked down PT workstation...

optofonik
replies: 0 views: 90
optofonik 1 day ago

In the midst of upgrading my lowly (but respectable) Neumann KH120's because I am bored of them and can afford to- no other...

smitty.west
replies: 55 views: 4,503
cheu78 1 day ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,931 views: 1,088,224
zephonic 1 day ago

I am starting this thread to hopefully be a help to users of the D&R Power VCA automation software. There is not much...

stevep
replies: 2 views: 697
stevep 1 day ago

Hello everyone! I’m looking for a remote talkback system for my crane song avocetII but can’t find anything. I had found the...

vsthalion
replies: 8 views: 348
vsthalion 1 day ago

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare and contrast the Aurora GTP-8 with the AMS Neve 1073OPX?

Jamz
replies: 16 views: 488
cheu78 1 day ago

Anyone here using the Overstayer SFE? I discovered it when watching a PureMix with Brian Lucey and saw it's the one new piece...

Nightowl43
replies: 4 views: 185
utters 1 day ago

Considering that digital technology has progressed rapidly in every realm over the past 30 years, why does digital audio sound no...

burns46824
replies: 923 views: 66,884
matyas 1 day ago

Hi Has anyone tried using the Phaedrus AC701 tubes in place of vintage tubes in old Neumann / Schoeps mics? Any thoughts or...

toomanyorgans
replies: 0 views: 137
toomanyorgans 1 day ago

Hi slutz ! Been on a recapping mission as of late on a bunch of my old outboard. I've got a UA LA2A reissue that's approaching...

sage691
replies: 4 views: 276
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Hi I just got a Chandler TG mic for modern pop vocals purposes and just want to ask around between Chandler TG mic vs...

AndyKingCo
replies: 15 views: 1,075
FOURTHTUNZ 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search