The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 69,198
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 38 views: 1,671
tigerwoots 1 hour ago

You slutz know what I'm talkin bout - that piece of gear you just got tired of, etc.. and decided to sell it for one reason or...

UpNSmoke
replies: 144 views: 15,166
Noisewagon 1 hour ago

I wanna buy an ampex 350, of course they are few and far between ... and leads on one? Or what would be a comparable machine - I...

shakermaker3
replies: 12 views: 518
SRS 2 hours ago

So many compressors, so little time/cash! If a person has an Opto for tracking vocals, a FET for more aggressive vocals and...

fromthepuggle
replies: 33 views: 2,302
SRS 2 hours ago

Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but I'm noticing my signals could be cleaner and more consistent through high-end pres and...

PaulMac
replies: 73 views: 3,506
PatrickFaith 2 hours ago

Please forgive the long winded and exhaustive details. This is probably something only someone with extensive Ampex/440B...

SunkenCity
replies: 1 views: 157
Joelhume 2 hours ago

I get a Urei 1178 in silver from a friend, he want 2000$. Good price? Is this thing sound-wise as good or better as a Purple...

Noise Commander
replies: 19 views: 2,813
NathanEldred 3 hours ago

Hey all, Looking to get a couple of stereo EQ:s. The way I mix is usually doing premixing ITB and then sending out through my...

RedMeadow
replies: 7 views: 269
Earcatcher 3 hours ago

Hello I have a Fireface UFX Using the AES connection in and out to my converters for outboard How do I use another...

kant3r
replies: 9 views: 266
kant3r 3 hours ago

So what do you guys think?! Let's share some links and arguments. If you can'y say for sure... then what would be your...

AlanWalk
replies: 69 views: 3,040
pentagon 5 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,292 views: 130,132
Bernstein 5 hours ago

Hi all, Wondering if anyone knows of any software where you can keep digital versions of recall sheets? Would be an amazing...

RedMeadow
replies: 6 views: 373
peter.m.junior 7 hours ago

If you had to pick just one.

jahomuth
replies: 74 views: 9,083
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

Hello guys I have a question, Selling my D-Box and get the SSL Fusion? or keep it? The point is, I bought the d-box years...

Yave Blackfire
replies: 5 views: 361
thehightenor 10 hours ago

Hello, Has anybody tried running a u87ai into a Millennia HV-3? I'm wondering if they work well together. I haven't found...

gearstudent
replies: 2 views: 326
thehightenor 10 hours ago

hi, my current setup of digital devices is Apollo, UA 4-710D preamp (connected to Apollo through ADAT) and Burl B2 ADC....

mnawara
replies: 2 views: 393
Trakworx 10 hours ago

I've always wanted to really hear any objective differences in the sound as a whole between these two monitors. They are in...

barbital
replies: 9 views: 615
IkennaFuNkEn 13 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 480 views: 74,824
Casey 13 hours ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 6 views: 410
Mr. Bars 14 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,410 views: 942,752
Aquiin 16 hours ago

Ok I recently bought the 1073SPX and was immediately unimpressed that it comes with a laptop charger psu. Its loose on both...

Capej
replies: 15 views: 740
gearstudent 16 hours ago

Any users/owners/fans? Looks like a very useful piece of gear but there are no reviews online or any information other than...

siddhu
replies: 7 views: 609
Nu-tra 18 hours ago

I search and write many classic compressor ATTACK , RELEASE , RATIO in one page . Do you have any suggestion about these ? Are...

toofanstudio
replies: 0 views: 161
toofanstudio 18 hours ago

Are there any current manufacturers making Leslie rotating speaker cabs that sound as good as the vintage Leslie cabs? How...

Singlecutz
replies: 7 views: 855
foldback 19 hours ago

Siemens SM204/23 is mystery microphone. Somebody say it is cross between Elam and AKG C12. Somebody say it is normal old AKG...

carloff
replies: 42 views: 3,311
jjblair 21 hours ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 57 views: 4,327
rameron 1 day ago

Anyone know anything about this mic?? I just picked one up. THANKS!!

Alex Breaux
replies: 76 views: 14,406
12ax7 1 day ago

Lol.. agree, maybe a dumb question but I have the usual suspects (Telefunken/Neve/Focusrite/API/)... curious to know what's cool...

CJ1973
replies: 73 views: 11,171
sdelsolray 1 day ago

While I understand the Aurora (n) was built as an upgrade to the old model and most people looking at it are going from something...

ChristianN
replies: 3 views: 274
peter.m.junior 1 day ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 183 views: 11,997
brewbacker 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,971 views: 1,657,659
127Riot 1 day ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 413 views: 66,869
AreYouHuman 1 day ago

Hi! I am madly in love with Electronaut M63 and would like to get another one but it seems to be temporaily out of production...

Delphino
replies: 18 views: 1,451
deuc647 1 day ago

I had a question that, i understand, is highly subjective. I've been on the search for a new pair of monitors in the $2500/pr...

terraamb01
replies: 448 views: 81,051
Martel80 1 day ago

Sound quality at the end dither to 16 or export in 24 bit . Also when we analyze analoge sound wave , very people say “...

toofanstudio
replies: 35 views: 1,680
Muser 1 day ago

Just thought we could start a thread from users of this much overlooked but amazing sounding desk. Ive got a 36 channel (12 mono...

goldphinga
replies: 29 views: 8,709
[email protected] 1 day ago

Hi guys, The SREV1 is a quite rare and uncommon device. We can get all documentation at Yamaha or on the web but further infos...

artmanjam
replies: 3 views: 323
artmanjam 1 day ago

I just acquired an Ecoplate II plate reverb. It needs tuning and I'm chest deep in searches about how to tune plate reverbs. I...

yosh
replies: 19 views: 1,905
Hansest 1 day ago

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while, so idk if this is the proper forum for this, but I need help - so move it where it needs to...

Grumpy Eye
replies: 5 views: 849
Skamm Goodiez 1 day ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,001 views: 246,690
PleasantSounds 1 day ago

Hey I'm building a studio, and I'm wondering what monitors you guys would suggest? I'm working with a USD$14K budget (~$20K...

WillSqueak
replies: 45 views: 2,220
Lsixtysix 1 day ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 45 views: 6,175
Ari88 2 days ago

I realize this is an old converter for most. I'm currently still using my Pro Tools Mix rig with Ad8000se's and Rosetta 800's. ...

dawsonaudio
replies: 17 views: 1,291
aremos 2 days ago

So today I got my c100 I was stoked to set it up and see what it sounds like, keep in mind I'm not recording in the most optimal...

Cokey30
replies: 25 views: 5,679
Sigma 2 days ago

Hey all! I’m starting to get into some outboard gear. I have an La-2A, I want to purchase a second and I have some...

Studio 8o5
replies: 6 views: 629
SonicAxiom 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Trizo 2 days ago

Looking to see if anyone has experience with both of these mics and can provide some feedback and opinion. I'm looking for a...

packermans4
replies: 26 views: 1,517
ucanhatemenow 2 days ago

Hi folks, I'm got a large space adjacent to my studio that i can use as an echochamber. So i'm wondering what kind of mics...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 28 views: 1,472
phillus 2 days ago

I'm considering an Upton 251 (Analogy Anonymous) and a Bock iFET to add to the top tier of my mic closet. I'm curious if...

explodingPSYCH
replies: 6 views: 457
tskguy 2 days ago

I have a finicky amp in my EMT 140 that needs repair. It's got crackles in the signal. Is there anyone out there who...

Marlowe
replies: 2 views: 332
Marlowe 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search