The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 83,954
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I´m not shure if this is the right forum, but I try.. Suddely, I lost phantom power on my Api 3124+. All 4 channels is...

Finstad
replies: 0 views: 56
Finstad 1 hour ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 918 views: 69,416
bankside 2 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,749 views: 250,900
Avantmidi 2 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,314 views: 262,448
bgood 2 hours ago

This came in via email last evening and looks like a nice channel strip: Introducing the all new ZR7064CS Mic Pre/EQ from...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 53 views: 2,405
plainofjars 2 hours ago

Hey all, I'm looking for a slightly colored low ratio 1.2-2 vari mu compressor to add to my chain. I already have a super fast...

spice house
replies: 4 views: 173
___GLM___ 2 hours ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 51 views: 2,231
B Elgin 2 hours ago

I searched some older posts here and while there were a few on this topic they were a bit general. I understand that 45-50%...

JLast
replies: 1 views: 123
Drumsound 4 hours ago

Im not a person who prays. But I'm praying in my own way for Burl. I've received updates on what's happening. Their...

Trakworx
replies: 8 views: 964
elegentdrum 4 hours ago

Kinda a rhetorical question, but I have to ask it, because it's about a big amount of cash. I have long dreamed of buying myself...

Mr. Bars
replies: 2 views: 102
Drumsound 4 hours ago

Hi folks! I'm slowly working on upgrading my home setup from a quick demo/overdub rig into something more "high...

alexevans917
replies: 40 views: 838
themiracle 5 hours ago

Hi Everyone! I hope this is the right forum for this, but Ive been experiencing some serious latency while using my 8 channel...

adamw415
replies: 0 views: 95
adamw415 5 hours ago

test neumann m 149 tube test rode K2 neumann price = $5000 rode K2 price = $700 after you hear the nice...

ahmz
replies: 142 views: 30,669
Glenn Bucci 6 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,587 views: 1,778,827
Drumsound 6 hours ago

Realizing that these are both pretty obscure converters at the moment, but I'm interested given that they have very similar...

IanBSC
replies: 4 views: 1,124
IanBSC 6 hours ago

These tests were done simultaneously. (I have two Neve preamps so I was able to record both mics the same time for each take.) ...

burns46824
replies: 8 views: 438
burns46824 6 hours ago

Hi, i've read allot of the debates about clocks for convertors for years. And been quite happy with my dig 192 for years &...

[email protected]
replies: 174 views: 13,960
DigitalGrease 8 hours ago

A friend asked me to put a VF14K in a U47 that had been modified for an EF14. I reversed the mod and put the tube in. In...

industrialarts
replies: 0 views: 80
industrialarts 9 hours ago

SSL X-Rack

Hello everyone, This is my first topic here, so I'll start with a topic that deserves all the attention. With this occasion...

MusicBiz
replies: 61 views: 5,828
Glenn Bucci 10 hours ago

Hello, I’m pretty settled on an RM2J as a vocal mic. I will also be recording acoustic guitar and I’m considering...

EndaFitz
replies: 6 views: 183
EndaFitz 10 hours ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

Michael_
replies: 51 views: 15,459
Plush 11 hours ago

Hi all.. picked up a couple Apollo x16 units for tracking. Going to run final stereo 2-track analog out of x16 and through...

MarkH
replies: 10 views: 434
blayz2002 12 hours ago

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 444 views: 25,061
Frankie Mumbles 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, Are you using with no issue long PSU cable like 12 meters to go from Machine Room to console Room ? The...

qslprod
replies: 1 views: 138
BIG BUDDHA 14 hours ago

I like the sound of the 8040 and 8050 but they're pretty old by now and also their technology is.(15 years old!) How much...

monitor noob
replies: 8 views: 241
kludgeaudio 14 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,555 views: 107,162
swartzfeger 14 hours ago

Hello, I'm looking to buy a new converter. I'm interested in buying a Prism Sound Lyra 2. Is a good choice? Or you suggest...

u929
replies: 0 views: 96
u929 14 hours ago

Hi there, I have a nice semi commercial studio with 2 Mara machines. A 16 track JH-24 and a 2 track JH-110. all tied into...

Snoggin
replies: 101 views: 11,588
mike-661 15 hours ago

So I realize $3k is more “middle” end than high end, but...that’s my budget for a new pair of active monitors. Currently...

Audio Atelier
replies: 9 views: 323
johannburkard 15 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,124 views: 1,246,613
zoom25 15 hours ago

Is there a world where anything from my mpc 1000 all the way to my curve bender and ubk fatso are going to be VINTAGE / valuable...

augustin187
replies: 8 views: 363
Oldone 17 hours ago

Hello all, I'm planning to get a new set of monitor speakers for my studio. Currently I mix using headphones (Beyerdynamic...

Mark Alpine
replies: 23 views: 7,234
orbita 17 hours ago

Hello all, I need to build my own desk for reasons to cumbersome to get into. 1 reason is limit space for my rack gear and I...

skiroy
replies: 4 views: 288
skiroy 18 hours ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 184 views: 29,585
DB117 23 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 892 views: 135,720
johannburkard 1 day ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 549 views: 43,353
JSchlomo 1 day ago

One of my best friends, has the the Atomic Squeezebox (and Avalon M5 Pre). Anyway... I'm impressed by the sound quality, of both...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 150
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Hi.I am very close to getting either a pair of Solo6 (with Sub6) or Trio6. Would Solo6 (with Sub6) be better for a small room? I...

Jay8
replies: 5 views: 364
Shaggy2039 1 day ago

anyone try the new josephson 705 mic? how does it compare to the 715? sources it is good on? need a mic pre with a lot of gain?

acupunk
replies: 1 views: 256
josephson 1 day ago

The new radar Dante converter, does it sound as good as the original radar 24? How does the radar Dante converter sound compare...

terrysound
replies: 4 views: 352
terrysound 1 day ago

i have not used the new LA2A's im only experienced with vintage ones, i have heard that they dont stand up to the classics. so...

squeeks555
replies: 48 views: 22,684
[email protected] 1 day ago

I recently got a pair of Tannoy System 1000s for my home studio which I'm running with a Bryston 3B and I'm absolutely in love...

woodfoot
replies: 2 views: 173
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

I've been using my DT770 Pros (80 ohm) for years. I love their neutrality and clarity. My only complaints have their quietness...

TikkoRome
replies: 15 views: 880
Plush 1 day ago

Hi Current recording chain for tracking pop vocals is BAE1073MPF into a CL1B. I like the sound but i feel the CL1B has a bit...

chrisdee
replies: 37 views: 1,267
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Hi I managed to pick up a pair of Schoeps CMC6 amplifiers at a decent price but they came with no capsules. So want some advice...

Simsy
replies: 8 views: 314
Plush 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,954 views: 253,589
MartijnNL 1 day ago

Got my Nucleus on Friday :) Got it setup with 'Tools & Logic. NOT able to get the USB soundcard aspect working on...

ScoobyDoo555
replies: 15 views: 3,164
TikkoRome 1 day ago

It's been around since 1996. Meanwhile software comps have developed drastically. Does the Distressor still sound like no...

Ossicle
replies: 65 views: 8,933
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

hi all. have a couple of nice preamps i would like to run to my DAW without coloration of the ADA converters w/preamps. ...

darrella
replies: 6 views: 384
hellohead 1 day ago

I know three people who have the Qes pad converter. I wonder how many owners are on gear slutz. Since sadly it is not made...

spektor
replies: 4 views: 498
spektor 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search