The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,015
Views: 2,015
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 68,584
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I've been reading a lot of 1176 inspired clone threads. But I don't see much in direct comparison between Hairball and Serpent....

Pale Pyramid
replies: 3 views: 149
themiracle 7 minutes ago

Anyone using these? I would love to hear some first hand user experience.

Philip Parker
replies: 37 views: 5,209
barbital 16 minutes ago

So what do you guys think?! Let's share some links and arguments. If you can'y say for sure... then what would be your...

AlanWalk
replies: 54 views: 1,739
Mikey77 20 minutes ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 34 views: 3,474
J. David Hunter 24 minutes ago

So today I got my c100 I was stoked to set it up and see what it sounds like, keep in mind I'm not recording in the most optimal...

Cokey30
replies: 18 views: 4,835
Paul_G 1 hour ago

Sony C800g -Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 18 kHz Telefunken M251- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz What do you think? Many people...

LARRYHARRIS
replies: 27 views: 1,026
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Hey out there, my first post here in the forum. I run a studio in Germany. We work here in some kind of network and the most...

TheBaker
replies: 30 views: 1,653
IM WHO YOU THINK 1 hour ago

Hallo Everyone, It’s Erk, nice to meet you. I’m a rock singer and vocal producer and I’m new here. Does anyone know how to...

Erksinger
replies: 107 views: 3,464
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 39 views: 5,371
Paul_G 1 hour ago

Am I late to the party? Did I miss something on the Neumann website? In front of me I have a NEW km84 capsule on an OLD KMi...

whitepapagold
replies: 53 views: 15,586
Hermetech Mastering 1 hour ago

I've always wanted to really hear any objective differences in the sound as a whole between these two monitors. They are in...

barbital
replies: 8 views: 462
barbital 1 hour ago

These look quite interesting. $1900 shipped in the USA https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-detailed-description...

jtwrace
replies: 3 views: 487
Solidtrax 2 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,392 views: 197,319
SonicAxiom 4 hours ago

Howdy, folks, been a looong time since I posted as I’ve largely been satisifed with my gear, but I have to post a review of my...

rkopald
replies: 3 views: 381
rkopald 5 hours ago

Have a BAE 11 space and Daking 500 pre. Have hum with the Daking, but no hum from the empty BAE. Which is the culprit? I don’t...

Ox Han
replies: 19 views: 836
toledo3 5 hours ago

Hi All, Has anyone used both the IGS Rubber Bands and A Designs EM-EQ2 and had a chance to compare? I'm in the market for a...

Squawk
replies: 2 views: 1,246
szyam 5 hours ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my vocal booth and room, so I've decided to purchase a new vocal chain. I already have a U87ai and I...

MicPoe
replies: 3 views: 581
jjblair 5 hours ago

I am trying to build a mobile recording rig that is easy to break down and transport. I was thinking about getting a SSL Nucleus...

blackacre
replies: 7 views: 490
SonicAxiom 5 hours ago

I'm looking to purchase the one and only microphone that I will use to record my voice and acoustic...

dantheman360
replies: 2 views: 152
Will The Weirdo 6 hours ago

In researching console options I keep coming across references to API console as having "that API sound". Having not...

Peter Craft
replies: 70 views: 3,964
Will The Weirdo 7 hours ago

Looking for a tube preamp to complement my solid state selection (primarily for vocals) and wondering if anyone can help me...

kaleida
replies: 6 views: 351
shoepedals 7 hours ago

I have been offered a 480L which I'm sort of tempted by. With great modern verbs like M7 and Eventide 8000, would this be a good...

TSM
replies: 206 views: 50,484
africantigercow 8 hours ago

hey slutz, I am looking for a new compressor! But i want a really dirty one! The dirtiest alive! a unit that changes the sound...

phonodj
replies: 420 views: 132,229
proxy 8 hours ago

Hi i did a quick forum search on this topic and had a few results but not enough votes convincing which is better. Im...

TomcaTT87
replies: 2 views: 985
barbital 8 hours ago

Good day folks! Im new here, First i would like to thank everyone, for great reviews and discussions, many informative...

bull3t
replies: 0 views: 109
bull3t 9 hours ago

Greetings! I'm looking to get new monitors for my home studio. I mostly write electronic music (so bass is very important) and...

Anadrolic
replies: 12 views: 1,031
mikeka 10 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,903 views: 1,649,761
Ox Han 11 hours ago

Hi howdy I'm considering getting a new AD converter for our studio. Since we record a lot on tape and then to transfers to DAW...

Dan O
replies: 0 views: 120
Dan O 11 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 360 views: 62,127
Gravity8058 12 hours ago

Hi Slutz, So I'm in the market to get my first highend pre-amp to pair with my Manley Ref C for vocals. I've been narrowing...

T_Laz
replies: 4 views: 396
Plush 13 hours ago

Have you done it? What cameras did you use? Share your stories here please. Specifically interested in what cameras you used....

drew
replies: 84 views: 11,398
quincyg 13 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm shopping for a 24 track tape machine. If you could choose between a Studer A827 or a MCI JH24 for slightly...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 19 views: 669
127Riot 13 hours ago

Hi This is a serious question: I was wondering whether the GML 8900 still brings something special to the table in 2017, given...

decurion99
replies: 36 views: 5,173
nednerd 16 hours ago

Hello, I'm looking for a comparison chart between these 2 generations but couldn't find one. Does anyone know all the...

esppse
replies: 28 views: 3,460
deedeeyeah 16 hours ago

Well, I have shoved numerous signals into a Sebatron AXIS 200 VU Valve Preamplifier and this thing is amazingly good, it can go...

TheLastByte
replies: 19 views: 2,408
Ronnie Dixon 19 hours ago

Hi All, first-time poster, long time reader. I am going to be making first big vocal chain purchase and I have about 4k to...

ry_wal
replies: 51 views: 2,227
cheu78 21 hours ago

So any speculations about this? What would you like to see? Different reverbs? Unreal reverbs? Other fx?

OurDarkness
replies: 406 views: 68,112
MrChick 22 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,980 views: 242,843
ramirocerar 1 day ago

Every now and then there´s this poll where men are asked what their dream woman looks like. The winner usually ends up with...

gainreduction
replies: 55 views: 16,963
ProPower 1 day ago

Hello everyone I'm looking for the right dynamic mic to pair with a 737 preamp. Does anyone here know a great dynamic mic to pair...

loyuit
replies: 19 views: 557
loyuit 1 day ago

Hello, Does anybody of you know about REAMP Electronics units? I found this LA-2A style compressor on their website and I was...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 462
morosh 1 day ago

Mystery. I have taken custody of a box of 1/4" Otari and Ampex tape machine spares. In it amongst boards capstan and reel...

mooed music
replies: 1 views: 305
Dan Kennedy 1 day ago

So I would like to see what people have tried and liked as far as mic pre amp mods on this console. I have changed the op-amps to...

jctaudiodesigns
replies: 13 views: 1,542
Jim Williams 1 day ago

So Guys, I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp for my Manley Ref C. Now there are a few audio samples floating around here...

T_Laz
replies: 5 views: 450
T_Laz 1 day ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 627 views: 35,453
crosscutred 1 day ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 154 views: 6,862
nosebleedaudio 2 days ago

I spotted some great speakers, by a well known manufacturer at a steal price from a reputable dealer recently. when I enquired...

climber
replies: 32 views: 2,423
ILoveSampling 2 days ago

About to purchase a vocal chain for a upcoming modern pop project. Young female voice. I have used a Redd mic before but not on a...

bmaughan
replies: 17 views: 1,391
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hi- I have an IJ Research Custom Stereo Neve Compressor and limiter, made of original vintage Neve cards and original Trannys...

Rea
replies: 0 views: 289
Rea 2 days ago

Hi, I have a demo unit of a Trinnov MC at the studio right now. Unfortunately, a have an older version, it is a grey Trinnov...

audioluche
replies: 0 views: 311
audioluche 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search