The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Views: 810
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 82,756
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi slutz! I just demoed the new Myburgh M1 mic, and did a quick comparison with Brauner VM1 and Horch RM2J. It´s not an...

Skrinsen
replies: 11 views: 513
Skrinsen 8 minutes ago

What are you go to hardware compressors for bass guitar in mix?

winvbass
replies: 113 views: 11,583
nomoreflakes 10 minutes ago

I have scraped my whole life to get the tools I have . It’s the only thing I spend money on besides the house nut for the...

seedubs
replies: 38 views: 4,080
bgood 1 hour ago

hello, Has anyone here upgraded their original Dangerous Music D-Box to the newer D-Box+? Apart from the extra features, in...

mnawara
replies: 4 views: 191
MarcB 1 hour ago

I’m currently summing through a Nicerizer and have a TK BC1, TK Lizer, UBK Fatso, Kush Tweaker and Drawmer 1973. I’m...

Bratley
replies: 2 views: 114
Bratley 2 hours ago

Hello guys, freshflowe I'm a little lost trying to compare the sonic properties of different tube preamps because where I live I...

Sybille
replies: 27 views: 1,800
thehightenor 2 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,692 views: 242,458
noize_organizer 2 hours ago

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this school ? Some of their song writing courses look pretty good! I'm in Hawaii...

Seti808
replies: 23 views: 3,701
blaugruen7 2 hours ago

I'm interested in something over the top for this summer for vocals and whatever else I've heard good things about the Chandler...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 21 views: 896
bgood 3 hours ago

So in my search for a summing mixer ( yes I bought into the whole summing mixer snake oil thing ) I found a Heritage Audio MCM-8...

wannaberocker
replies: 10 views: 2,367
DogCake 4 hours ago

I am designing a large orchestral studio. I am going with a mix of Avid MTRX and Merging HORUS as my main Mic-pre's. Now - both...

adimodi
replies: 2 views: 115
adimodi 5 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 731 views: 53,658
127Riot 5 hours ago

what is the difference between the two Millenia pres?

doogie
replies: 9 views: 2,110
RightOnRome 5 hours ago

Looking for the best mic stands...For rack toms specifically. cost is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful. I have the...

6_Three
replies: 84 views: 5,663
unitymusic 6 hours ago

Millennia Microphone Preamps: ARE THEY THAT GOOD? Hi Gear People are these Millennia micpre that good as they say, are they as...

JOHN
replies: 181 views: 45,203
RightOnRome 7 hours ago

I know that there are a lot of amazing vintage Japanese synthesizers, guitar and guitar amps, microphones (Sanken are a true...

cmwolf
replies: 8 views: 494
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,846 views: 225,056
CanadaSC1 8 hours ago

I did a quick shootout and would love some input on what you prefer. I used the following mics, recording through a Neve Portico...

sleshnyc
replies: 31 views: 1,133
N1Greg 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, my first post here. I was about to buy an Overstayer SVC after a mixing session at Invada Studios in Bristol,...

Mostar
replies: 6 views: 161
disantlor 9 hours ago

I dont want to shell out nearly $400 for the EA87 or get some cheap knock off that might break and drop my mic. The EA4 doesn't...

TikkoRome
replies: 7 views: 408
pencilextremist 10 hours ago

I have both C700A and Flea 47 - both amazing mics! I particularly like the C700A on acoustic guitar and the Flea 47 for my voice....

ProPower
replies: 1 views: 91
StevenLMorgan 10 hours ago

It's funny... At first it's not a big deal. But, after a few hours the noise starts getting on my last nerves! I don't dare...

smoovemode
replies: 113 views: 13,908
andrea19837 11 hours ago

Introduction: Given the lack of information available on the Neve 8816, I wanted to share my setup and workflow with it. I’m...

Malawar
replies: 5 views: 1,377
makasi 11 hours ago

Hi all, what are the recommendations for a hardware peak limiter for the final stage of the mix. Im going out to analog...

South Brokelyn
replies: 3 views: 214
mherrane 11 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I have a Mojave MA-1000 tube mic, and love this mic. But I don't have a comparable solid state mic (of the...

KD_Banjer
replies: 92 views: 2,975
Dusty Wakeman 12 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,810 views: 222,040
puriteaudio 13 hours ago

Vintage Digital Gear - to buy or not from your expirience stuff like old reverb units harmonizers etc. Lexicon Eventide...

Udi Koomran
replies: 5 views: 296
santibanks 13 hours ago

Is there a consensus on how much make up gain a pultec clone should have? My understanding is that the original unit could send a...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 0 views: 99
Pipe_Dream 15 hours ago

Hi everyone — I’m curious how to setup an external side chain with the Bettermaker c502v compressor thru USB. Can someone...

goldi
replies: 14 views: 1,537
HeAniganist 19 hours ago

for me its Bricasti Design M7

mnawara
replies: 175 views: 12,367
Audio Child 20 hours ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 358 views: 66,186
kludgeaudio 21 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,009 views: 180,265
Ward Pike 21 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,916 views: 1,210,838
Riccardo 1 day ago

Hello, I have a short question. I have been using a "Brauner Phantom Classic" microphone for years. It's a really...

Benjamin81
replies: 2 views: 218
Benjamin81 1 day ago

So I have had the Ferrofish Pulse 16 for a few weeks now and I wanted to let you guys in on what I thought. For those who dont...

Morgueritual
replies: 6 views: 2,826
bgood 1 day ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,474 views: 100,596
TomVY 1 day ago

Hi all. I've been mixing an album which was recorded through Lynx Aurora converters. In the recording process, the Aurora was...

Ski spiggy
replies: 98 views: 19,491
BrettB 1 day ago

I want to purchase a new Obsidian but need the one that has the most control over the low end frequencies on the mix bus. I'm...

rcd
replies: 32 views: 3,956
mixerguy 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 109 views: 9,209
Phillip R. 1 day ago

Hi, A couple of years ago, I purchased a used U87AI in near mint condition that was made in 2014. I've been recording podcasts...

BDW42
replies: 6 views: 283
Klaus 1 day ago

Searching for measurements of "before and after" for Genelec SAM / GLM listening environments to see how accurate...

CanadaSC1
replies: 7 views: 319
CanadaSC1 1 day ago

So, I have this hurtling towards me on a truck: https://www.electricandcompany.com/pages/ec7-preamp Sort of a reimagined...

bgood
replies: 7 views: 527
bgood 1 day ago

Hi there, does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the effects of console power supply cable length? The cable running to...

bmaughan
replies: 0 views: 107
bmaughan 1 day ago

Need some help choosing a 500 eq. I have an rupert neve 551 eq that i love for boosting. But it doesnt have the eq points i need...

espenwestbye
replies: 0 views: 134
espenwestbye 1 day ago

Amir over at AudioScienceReview has been testing speakers for a while with a state of the art Klippel system. He includes...

syncussion
replies: 5 views: 269
syncussion 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I’ve been on a bit of an acquisition tear that’s about run it’s course and I like to acknowledge folks that really kick...

bgood
replies: 5 views: 440
Ward Pike 1 day ago

Purple ODD

Hello, Does anybody owns this EQ? If so, what do you think? Compared to the E27 and PEQ? Thinking of getting a 500 series EQ...

TROT
replies: 55 views: 17,713
KabbySoundStudio 2 days ago

I just realized this existed, Interphase Audio EQ 2.2. Sounds pretty sweet from the first demos videos, and for what you get,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 0 views: 150
fromthepuggle 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, I own a Mojave MA-1000, and really love the high-end and open tone as well as the variable pattern...

KD_Banjer
replies: 3 views: 317
syntheticrhyme 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search