The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,256
Views: 2,256
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 61,406
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Considering 1 of these 2 monitors. I have a sub 8 for the low-end and plan on a 6 ft near field distance with a reasonable...

lirikCLAP
replies: 0 views: 1
lirikCLAP 25 minutes ago

Anyone have any idea what setup might have been used to record this Bösendorfer video? No microphones are visible but it sounds...

Issadore
replies: 2 views: 213
Jeremiah Sheets 43 minutes ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 93 views: 4,781
enyo 1 hour ago

I've heard that the Fairchild 660 sounds a little different than the stereo 670. Though the Mercury 66 is based on the...

perry
replies: 20 views: 863
jjblair 1 hour ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,465 views: 873,711
pentagon 2 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 588 views: 31,137
jjblair 3 hours ago

The same two bars repeated. Panning and levels of some stuff is slightly varied, so it's not an exact duplicate, but I tried to...

jjblair
replies: 34 views: 1,667
jjblair 3 hours ago

I was trying to be lazy and not get the soldering iron out. I have a bunch of TRS to TRS cables Mogami and trying to connect to...

Seditionary
replies: 5 views: 521
imloggedin 4 hours ago

Has anyone else checked these out? I decided to take a chance on a pair. I’m glad I did; they sound great. To my ears, they sit...

mattcollen
replies: 0 views: 79
mattcollen 5 hours ago

I unboxed my new MBP last night and went about turning knobs to learn what settings affect the test song I had loaded...

tom682
replies: 8 views: 640
Drumhead1957 6 hours ago

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a sub for my ATC 20ASL mkII. I don't find that they are lacking in the bass department (in fact...

amphibulus
replies: 18 views: 1,097
amphibulus 7 hours ago

Who's got one and what do you love? / who had one and what did you not love? Would love to hear any and all thoughts

imabear
replies: 0 views: 149
imabear 7 hours ago

I don't do that much recording (mainly mixing) but I'd like a great LDC for when I do. Currently I have some good dynamics and...

Mr XY
replies: 39 views: 3,055
Drumhead1957 7 hours ago

Hi all, searching for a Studer A80 Layback manual if anyone has a copy? Proving very difficult to find.

s11874
replies: 3 views: 300
tactics 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my studio monitor (currently using focal twin with sub). And it comes down to these 2 amazing...

rickindies
replies: 20 views: 735
rickindies 7 hours ago

At the moment, I am testing the combination of Oppo HA-1 headphone amp and Audeze LCD-X Headphone. (and Metric Halo ULN-8 DAC /...

Deleted User
replies: 8 views: 4,368
imloggedin 7 hours ago

I have just got another Mytek x8 blue face from Reverb. I have a grey face and they sound different. The blue face sounded...

spektor
replies: 4 views: 322
spektor 8 hours ago

I’ve got $6,000 CAD, or roughly $4,000 USD to budget for a monitor upgrade. (Jumping from Alpha 80s) I’m leaning toward the...

SoundEnforcement
replies: 4 views: 362
mikeka 9 hours ago

Hi all, Not to make another boring opinionated monitor argument but: I purchased Amphion one15's last year listening to all of...

orangefridge
replies: 12 views: 639
orangefridge 10 hours ago

Can't find much on these. Trying to do a little more research before I pull the trigger. Has anyone here used one? How does...

tkaitkai
replies: 0 views: 163
tkaitkai 15 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 124 views: 16,774
midmost 16 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,575 views: 173,235
SashaGray 17 hours ago

Hello all more stuff to clock. This is what I have.Lynx Aes 16,Qes pad 2 AD, Mytek Brooklyn+, Mytek x8 grey face, Mytek x8 Blue...

spektor
replies: 5 views: 297
svarthvitt 17 hours ago

Does anyone know why the cost of the 'LiL Freq' by Empirical Labs has doubled? I think it was like $1500 or $1600, and now it...

dafendrz
replies: 8 views: 795
Jeff Hayat 23 hours ago

How much do you use it? What do you like about it compared to other compressors in its price range? Seriously...

FreshProduce
replies: 3 views: 467
TheGreenhouseNH 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
drBill 1 day ago

Its time to upgrade the studio with a new high-end microphone for mainly vocals. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts...

MacMike
replies: 20 views: 562
Rockabilly69 1 day ago

Hi this is for Genesys and Genesys black owners/users with experience. I have four questions for you if you don't mind: 01....

herecomesyourman
replies: 13 views: 1,068
MJGreene Audio 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,236 views: 166,649
Demon5500 1 day ago
huub 1 day ago

Considering that digital technology has progressed rapidly in every realm over the past 30 years, why does digital audio sound no...

burns46824
replies: 717 views: 45,491
bcgood 1 day ago

I'm getting a wee bit of tape shed (flecks of oxide dust) on my Otari MTR-90III. Using ATR tape at 30 IPS. Seems to happen when...

burns46824
replies: 55 views: 2,438
RJHollins 1 day ago

Hi!f I don't have any grounding in my studio house, then would it still be beneficial to get a power sequencer or something that...

PerGunnar
replies: 4 views: 376
tymish 1 day ago

Any that have some experince of this compressor, i have read recent threads of this, but there must be more to say about? cooge

DCommand
replies: 351 views: 60,212
augustusarnone 1 day ago

I'm not really looking for suggestions on other models, but right now I think I am between two monitoring systems: The ATC SCM20...

Bond117
replies: 15 views: 966
breakinrecords 1 day ago
Jamie Mac 1 day ago

Avalon 737

Hi guys, I am about to buy a mic pre and am thinking of the Avalon 737 which is just in my pricerange. But it has been on the...

Bob
replies: 132 views: 44,735
SteelyDani 1 day ago

Hi gearslutz community, I am willing to purchase one of these preamps. I´m aiming towards a more colored sound. At the moment...

___GLM___
replies: 42 views: 3,069
___GLM___ 1 day ago

Hi. I want to start a collection of analog saturation and distortion tools. From super subtle and high end, to super gritty,...

Vilddyr
replies: 636 views: 59,584
cheu78 1 day ago

Hi Gang, I have a pair of V72S preamps made by TAB Funkenwerk which I adore; guitars and drums recorded through them sound...

The Artful Lad
replies: 6 views: 770
adamj31 2 days ago

Hey there gang I wanted to hear some your thoughts on this Now in most cases we know that the sound of a transformer in some...

VT-MHE
replies: 75 views: 16,057
Cassio2263 2 days ago

Hey gang, I know there are some similar threads, but since my situation differs a bit from the ones I found, I thought I’d...

Monaco
replies: 0 views: 247
Monaco 2 days ago

Hi, I have a Madi Burl B80 and have been having problems with my MacBook Pro. In the past we have used an older Mac Book with the...

IanBSC
replies: 0 views: 254
IanBSC 2 days ago

Hey all, Was there different Focal Twin models (grey / red) or are they the same monitors just referred to as ‘twins’ by...

orangefridge
replies: 3 views: 364
orangefridge 2 days ago

Hi, Can anyone give me an idea of the value of one of these machines assuming it's in very good/excellent condition?

Seventies man
replies: 5 views: 4,820
javad 2 days ago

Hey all, I recently bought a pair of Adam a77x's and currently have them sitting on top of my Amek Angela VU meter , which i...

frcake
replies: 1 views: 308
Jeremiah Sheets 2 days ago

Whilst the iron is hot on the new release, what's YOUR primary use for using the 67?

6_Three
replies: 17 views: 973
gfunny72 2 days ago

I got to use the Calriphonic hardware on a few mixes and wow tbh it sounded too good. Even the manual says find a setting you...

Krush411
replies: 1 views: 419
Krush411 2 days ago

So I plugged in my old SDD3000 last night after nearly 4 years just to mess around. While on the one hand I was immediately...

Vatraxos
replies: 5 views: 2,322
sakamuras 2 days ago

Hey Box Users!!! I went today to demo the unit knowing that i was probably going to buy it. (even though i don't have the...

callmelaub
replies: 33 views: 6,128
skybluerental 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search