The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 83,124
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Curious how vintage Trident TSM console pre and eq would be vs resissue 500 series eq for 'that' sound. I'm mostly interested...

fromthepuggle
replies: 1 views: 2
toledo3 3 minutes ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 75 views: 13,428
dickiefunk 5 minutes ago

Just saw this post on Instagram! If it's not new to some of you, it's new to me! Just figured I'd share it for those...

SupaMixKing
replies: 390 views: 24,860
Pyxis360 36 minutes ago

Question with a Poll.... Who makes the best modern 87 clone? The benchmark is 60's / 70's U87i versions right? So... In...

anguswoodhead
replies: 56 views: 1,165
Mayhem13 39 minutes ago

Is it still a fact that most non-hobby studios are running Pro-Tools and every engineer needs to know Pro-Tools, or are some of...

drockfresh
replies: 266 views: 9,509
drBill 46 minutes ago

A few years back it seemed to be the Dramastic Audio Obsidian - I see a lot still using the C2. I'm looking to get...

gfunny72
replies: 20 views: 1,382
DomiBabi 56 minutes ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 152 views: 11,301
Ward Pike 3 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 873 views: 62,748
drockfresh 4 hours ago

So I currently have two small rooms, one I already used a studio in town and the other is a home office, they're both pretty...

blackjam
replies: 24 views: 1,150
blackjam 6 hours ago

New / second hand doesn't matter.. I want the best monitors for the price. Focal sm9 are high on the list. Are there better...

Neoneon
replies: 9 views: 1,330
Zmago Šmon 6 hours ago

A new year, a new chance to show off your spending abilities! The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to...

Earcatcher
replies: 119 views: 8,395
uptheoctave 6 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,224 views: 249,412
Paul_G 7 hours ago

Is this the new price for this mic on even a used one? These things were 10k new less than 2 months ago 24k for any mic is...

sammmoxo
replies: 37 views: 1,165
Starstreet 7 hours ago

I've been rocking a Manley Ref C as my go-to "nice" condenser for vocals and other acoustic sources, and while I mostly...

jsbeeth
replies: 34 views: 3,620
vsthalion 9 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 843 views: 129,236
davidkudell 10 hours ago

All retailers list this piece as 16x2 however I see the back of the unit has outputs via DB25. Now the DB25 cable obviously...

BQE
replies: 5 views: 1,971
cesar delly 14 hours ago

Hello all, I spend most of my time working in a busy studio with large format consoles and tape machines. That said, I’m...

Mineral King
replies: 5 views: 220
Drumnbass411 14 hours ago

Hi, I currently use a Drawmer MC2.1 as a monitor controller. I only need to to take one signal from my converter, and split...

cmwolf
replies: 4 views: 232
elegentdrum 14 hours ago

hi all, wondering if some people could share some wisdom please. i’m after a mix bus EQ. current main contender is the...

wizzman5000
replies: 2 views: 191
elegentdrum 15 hours ago

Hey all! I'm trying to find schematics for this Neve side car I have a studio tech helping me to fix. It come from a 51...

mucainsane
replies: 3 views: 875
mucainsane 16 hours ago

Hi, Are any of you using the Final Touch automation? What do you like about it? What do you you not like? Are you using it...

gwm
replies: 0 views: 91
gwm 17 hours ago

From years we mainly use digital mixers. Well, they are very good and so flexible, they have many features, they sound great...

Superpiano
replies: 9 views: 309
Superpiano 17 hours ago

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this mic. Are you still using/loving yours in 2020? If you have a band or vocalist I can...

CosmicSurfin
replies: 10 views: 451
Drumsound 18 hours ago
replies: - views: -
avidlistener 19 hours ago

I must say just picked up this pre-amp eq and surprised how good it sounds and build quality is over all super. Surprised it...

frankenstino
replies: 16 views: 1,076
peterh1050 20 hours ago

I've got a Lyra 2 which I'm using with Sennheiser HD600 headphones and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors custom earphones. I'm...

deejayen
replies: 18 views: 2,129
BrettB 23 hours ago

Hello, I am seriously considering a Curve Bender to compliment my NSEQ2ffmod. Mostly master techno, dance music as sometimes...

RavenKis
replies: 1 views: 177
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 1 day ago

6 different mics, can you guess which is which? some of them are expensive and some not so much have a listen and let me...

pencilextremist
replies: 5 views: 195
pencilextremist 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,954 views: 1,220,780
Shaggy2039 1 day ago

It feels like I could upgrade my Twin6's to something bigger. After searching around, there's not many alternatives i found in...

plx
replies: 38 views: 2,737
Superpiano 1 day ago

It has come to my attention that KK84 caps can still be purchased new and from reading some forums the general consensus seems to...

Abaco
replies: 2 views: 154
themiracle 1 day ago

Hey All! If you have not already heard, I am selling Barefoot Recording (https://www.barefoot-recording.com/). It is where I...

ev33
replies: 4 views: 763
Drumsound 1 day ago

I know this is a high end GEAR area, but figured I'd put this here anyway and see what gives since high end fans are probably...

oceantracks
replies: 11 views: 250
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

WE to start making high end tubes again with "secret sauce" ingredients from the 60's. Western Electric to...

gainreduction
replies: 17 views: 1,550
Ward Pike 1 day ago

Is anybody still using Anamod ats1 on the buss ? Or another better tape solutions? ( please not real tape , I’ve been there :)

carloff
replies: 16 views: 899
j.colt 1 day ago

So I got an A Designs Nail Compressor with mix/blend. Pretty sweet. I haven't had much experience with dynamic processing. The...

Mystic Muse
replies: 24 views: 4,718
mardyMcFly 1 day ago

Had one on my hands but I did not buy. Now I'm working on a project where I wish I had bought the real deal. VSTs, other...

Sailor Hope
replies: 45 views: 8,032
carloff 1 day ago

Anyone has Behringer X32 user manual updated to firmware version 4? Not sure if it exists. I checked its web site, but recently...

Superpiano
replies: 0 views: 90
Superpiano 1 day ago

Hi there, I purchased an AKG C480B with CK61-ULS capsule 2nd hand a while back and have found it to exhibit a very high level...

themiracle
replies: 1 views: 437
themiracle 1 day ago

This came in via email last evening and looks like a nice channel strip: Introducing the all new ZR7064CS Mic Pre/EQ from...

StevenLMorgan
replies: 3 views: 480
drezz 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,881 views: 228,964
Yagya 1 day ago

Probably covered, but would like to create a discussion... I'm referring to 'vintage' as items that are not made anymore or have...

CJ1973
replies: 47 views: 9,019
Duke Zeibert 1 day ago

Anybody have these monitors side by side for a shoot out? The specs of the passive ATC 12 to the ATC 20 look kind of similar....

eclipse
replies: 6 views: 458
eclipse 1 day ago

I’ve an in-line Soundcraft DC2000 mixing console, with ‘Channel’ faders for Line-in and automated ‘Monitor’ faders for...

filmcomposer
replies: 3 views: 269
jensenmann 2 days ago

Hello, I'm looking for a high quality monitor for my home studio and my choice could be Focal TRIO6 BE. My goal is purchasing...

Superpiano
replies: 6 views: 262
Superpiano 2 days ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,028 views: 183,608
fromthepuggle 2 days ago

Was curious if anyone uses these monitors, in the "tweeter out" configuration. I know the manual suggests that the...

Cooleyocity
replies: 11 views: 364
AlexK 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm Thumpinman and I own a Sony Mxp 3036 analog console. And I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can...

Thumpinman
replies: 0 views: 155
Thumpinman 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,461 views: 1,761,139
Drumsound 2 days ago

Hi all, Got a session with the client wanting to use one of these to record at 192kHz and pitch down Intention is to use the...

GarlicJimmy
replies: 4 views: 293
Plush 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search