The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 84,751
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi, I have been doing a lot of orchestra recording lately, I normally like to use a Decca tree with Neumann M50, love that sound!...

laperlestudio
replies: 3 views: 120
David Rick 18 minutes ago

Hey, I narrowed down my vocal/acoustic guitar mic search to U87Ai and TG. I got a chance to buy U87Ai for 2300 euro while TG...

OlciOlci
replies: 3 views: 141
tkaitkai 20 minutes ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 366 views: 39,279
Jimbo 23 minutes ago

Kinda a rhetorical question, but I have to ask it, because it's about a big amount of cash. I have long dreamed of buying myself...

Mr. Bars
replies: 6 views: 378
Byramjoseph 56 minutes ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,866 views: 170,442
Byramjoseph 1 hour ago

Considering a pair but a little afraid of the reliability vs Genelec for example. Anyone using them and can share their opinion?...

monitor noob
replies: 10 views: 462
standup 1 hour ago

Currently using Neumann KH120a. Really like the sound of these, and I hear they lean more to the accurate side than flattering,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 56 views: 3,309
Gringo Starr 1 hour ago

So torn between these three monitors... will be making sure I try the first pair with a return policy. Working in a smallish...

dmac660
replies: 0 views: 37
dmac660 2 hours ago

Anyone setup a real reverb chamber ? I'm not talking about a bathroom or your live room during a mix. I've got a purpose built...

robmix
replies: 20 views: 3,079
unheard80s.com 2 hours ago

I just ordered an Upton 251 Mic, I'm looking for a good 500 all around mic pre for vocals. . . . Has anyone tried this mic?...

hubercraft
replies: 90 views: 20,838
bc184c 3 hours ago

Hi Guys! I've been using the HEDD Type 20s for 18 months but I am considering upgrading to PSIs. My main incentives are for a...

ashmundo
replies: 1 views: 55
ashmundo 3 hours ago

I have a Warm Audio WA73EQ it is 1073 clone. I consider it a good preamp, but if I wanted to add something that was more...

Peter Pav
replies: 69 views: 2,305
gearstudent 4 hours ago

this is a bit of fun research. at the moment I am making great progress with the design of a passive mastering EQ. the thread...

peter sikking
replies: 27 views: 804
dogears 4 hours ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 86 views: 5,436
Plush 6 hours ago

Would anyone know what windscreen to look for for a KM56c?

rwsand
replies: 0 views: 58
rwsand 7 hours ago

Hi guys, I have the money in my account, and I am just one phone call away from ordering a Bricasti M7. I do a lot of jazz...

OwensDrumming
replies: 122 views: 6,933
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

So who's got an Overstayer MAS in their arsenal? What are your thoughts? Any tips? I just got one and been playing with it. It...

auralart
replies: 100 views: 17,903
suarkram 8 hours ago

Don't beat me, but recently I have tried out a Behringer Exciter. :cop: Overall, the unit sounded horribly harsh and not...

airmate
replies: 22 views: 6,106
rectape 8 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 369 views: 52,426
goodshade 9 hours ago

There's a video on youtube demoing the Overstayer SVC and M-A-S on mix bus and it sounds incredible. if you haven't seen it, the...

suarkram
replies: 0 views: 77
suarkram 10 hours ago

Hi people. In a few days im going to buy D&R Orion X 32/64 in-line with patchbay for a very nice price (i attached the...

tex viler
replies: 21 views: 1,127
tex viler 10 hours ago

I'm starting to build a hybrid mixing setup, and am wondering about conversion. Since I'm not integrating a console at this...

Nightowl43
replies: 15 views: 550
gfunny72 11 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,389 views: 1,281,994
DigitalGrease 12 hours ago

Hello folks, I have bought a Neumann 750 KH and had it for 2 days. Very well built subwoofer, however please note: - NONE of the...

nekkio99
replies: 111 views: 19,262
tangear 12 hours ago

The bettermaker bus compressor has caught my eye. 1) I’m always switching between projects. 2) I’ve become too lazy to...

worksinframes
replies: 0 views: 90
worksinframes 12 hours ago

In the market for some nearfields, any user experiences with the new Focal Shape 65s? Not much out there on the web...

squelch
replies: 100 views: 32,298
AuralFonix 12 hours ago

Hi everyone, I have a Studer 963 console to which I'd like to connect a multi-track recorder. Does anyone happen to know the...

Kris61
replies: 2 views: 98
worksinframes 13 hours ago

Hi, I found out about this company (Audio Optimum) by looking at high end monitors at Thomann's website. Looks very...

the_mixer
replies: 3 views: 181
the_mixer 13 hours ago

Hello! I'm looking in to buying a really good pair of headphones as I want to have a sort of portable system that would allow...

AndresG03
replies: 5 views: 152
Jaycee 14 hours ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,670 views: 1,057,749
dotl 16 hours ago

Have owned a pair of Aeon 2's for about 4 weeks now, and can honestly say these can hang with the best of them! I originally was...

Lsixtysix
replies: 15 views: 4,132
Knstntn 16 hours ago

Hi, I need some advice about the revision of my Studer A810. For the electrical adjustements I measure some difference in the...

Twosounds
replies: 0 views: 86
Twosounds 21 hours ago

Are they really going for that much nowadays?

Jeff Hayat
replies: 5 views: 264
pentagon 21 hours ago

First post. Couldn't find the answer to this question after searching. Q: Do motorized faders on full-scale studio consoles...

mildbreakup
replies: 4 views: 240
Wiggy Neve Slut 21 hours ago

I just moved into a house with a detached garage and I'm working with a contractor/studio designer to have it converted into a...

homespunaudio
replies: 17 views: 791
homespunaudio 22 hours ago

I just bought this online and got it at a very reasonable price. When it arrived to my surprise it was not an AI model but it was...

guitargodmiles
replies: 59 views: 11,119
shanesbg 22 hours ago

As a guitarist I would never think of going to a studio and using their stock gear by default. It's one thing to maybe try...

occam
replies: 68 views: 2,202
BHickey 22 hours ago

Iz radar vs fairlight crystal core Similar horse powered driven systems but Which is superior ???

luke da ruff cut
replies: 0 views: 104
luke da ruff cut 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,146 views: 286,056
seanak 1 day ago

Hey all, Looking for a recommendation for a HiFi and flexible fast release, low ratio, medium attack mastering...

spice house
replies: 25 views: 828
spice house 1 day ago

so I'm thinking of treating myself to a high end multi pattern microphone, I have narrowed it down to : Neumann U87ai Neumann...

pencilextremist
replies: 31 views: 593
NathanEldred 1 day ago

Help needed! I experienced problems with the internal power supply of my UA 2192 for a while and finally had the unit stop...

doorknocker
replies: 81 views: 5,938
EvLoutonian 1 day ago

Hello everybody, I don't understand how come in the vocals Serban Ghenea mix there is not one single harsh frequency, his vocals...

u929
replies: 81 views: 14,786
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

How similar/different is the sound of an Electro-Voice RE20 to an AKG D20? I'm after the early Beatles 2 mic drum setup (Coles...

Axelorox
replies: 4 views: 232
[email protected] 1 day ago

Hello everyone... as title says - i mic'd a violin for the 1st time i like the outcome - though i'd like it a little...

musaee
replies: 0 views: 131
musaee 1 day ago

I might be purchasing a rare Trident Series 90 console, 32 inputs (40 frame) with moving fader auto and dynamics. It's been...

Drew Raison
replies: 17 views: 5,325
Gutz 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,380 views: 275,379
drBill 1 day ago

Been eyeballing them for a while now Everytime I used the UAD plugin I went meh, the attack is too fast and the release too...

XAXAU
replies: 31 views: 2,932
Paul_G 1 day ago

Hi all! I'm beginning to dive into the world of mixing music for Dolby ATMOS format. I've got a 7.1.4 mixing setup here, and...

ShanethP
replies: 26 views: 1,028
ShanethP 2 days ago

Hi Everyone, While I am not moving to a desert island, I AM moving to a small tropical island (the island of Sri Lanka) for at...

KD_Banjer
replies: 43 views: 1,876
joeq 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search