The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 69,438
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I'm wondering what tape machine could give that nice gluey, compressed tape sound, everybody loves at a reasonable size? Ampex...

axelhuber
replies: 74 views: 3,150
Bstapper 32 minutes ago

I’m not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this, if not please move or delete. I’d like to know what...

127Riot
replies: 12 views: 623
toledo3 33 minutes ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,067 views: 1,027,447
Lazer Toms 46 minutes ago

I’ve just swapped out a few bits of kit and have about 2k to spend. I primarily make electronic/dance music and currently the...

Bratley
replies: 5 views: 579
Bratley 1 hour ago

hello mates, I've received a fresh new bae 1073 mpf yesterday and start to experiment, it sounds really good,different from...

keepthefaith
replies: 109 views: 16,751
VO Guy 1 hour ago

After extensive lurking here on gearslutz I've finally decided to chime in on my experiences with the Horch RM2J that I just got...

Lawsminguez
replies: 22 views: 5,754
Arseny 2 hours ago

I can't decide if I should just buy the C800G, or the C414EB with the original brass CK12 capsule, and a vintage Neumann...

WillSqueak
replies: 9 views: 576
jjblair 2 hours ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 89 views: 4,295
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

There are many threads discussing the relative value of hardware vs software compressors. Perhaps title should read: "Why...

mrand
replies: 615 views: 22,391
gearstudent 5 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,002 views: 247,806
Bernstein 5 hours ago
replies: - views: -
octatonic 6 hours ago

Here's a video comparing the Blue Bottle with a B6 capsule to a Vintage Neumann U47 (short body, original power supply and tube)....

burns46824
replies: 9 views: 337
legato 6 hours ago

Right now ,I usually record my main out of the Api to the analog in of the radar,or would I get a better results to use the Burl...

johnnyz
replies: 4 views: 445
RoundBadge 6 hours ago

Hi, first post here! I'd like to invest in a pair of high end mics to do solo finger-style acoustic recordings. At the...

WJohnston92
replies: 7 views: 979
aaron hopper 6 hours ago

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: * Amels And Gualtieri Team Up To Form AnaMod * * (Gillette, New Jersey, USA – January 10, 2007) -...

replies: 1,968 views: 277,284
b0se 8 hours ago

Not sure if this thread goes in "So much gear so little time" or "High end" so mods, move it if there's a...

ionian
replies: 9 views: 772
Ragan 10 hours ago

Mad scientist content ahead... cooge I am trying to get the best of both worlds between ITB and HW. I want to: 1. Push groups...

proxy
replies: 7 views: 503
DeadPoet 11 hours ago

I'm currently using an MTR-90III 2" 16-track... I was using a Studer A800 mkIII the other day and I really liked the...

burns46824
replies: 22 views: 760
Drumsound 12 hours ago

Anyone know the differences between the Tube-Tech CL-1B and the CL-1A? Thanks in advance, Mark

dumbleator
replies: 42 views: 13,072
Frankie Mumbles 12 hours ago

The title says it all. Fire away with anything high end you wish to brag about!

Earcatcher
replies: 116 views: 6,995
drBill 14 hours ago

So moving from my current chain is WA87 -> ART VLA II, which sounds good and warm with that tube pre. Now i got myself a new...

facy102
replies: 0 views: 192
facy102 15 hours ago

Has anyone ever heard of grace design pre's, or has anyone ever used them. I'm looking to get a few of them cause I get a...

lanemeyer16
replies: 23 views: 3,574
elambo 16 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 202 views: 13,070
rosewood123 16 hours ago
replies: 1 views: 481
Gav G 17 hours ago

i am looking to buy a new FET mic for my studio after i purchased an Avalon 737. after hearing so much about the classic u87...

tigerwoots
replies: 89 views: 3,761
9xSound 18 hours ago

I tried to search for this and if there are answers to the question other than no please direct me and I will delete this...

voiceactor
replies: 14 views: 631
deuc647 18 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 5 views: 316
Doc Mixwell 19 hours ago

I've been thinking about filling in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten with a Moiyn, Cans Module, and eight CAPI Missing Links...or...

herecomesyourman
replies: 8 views: 932
chazfilez 19 hours ago

Hello friends I own a Merging Technologies Hapi for a couple of years but haven't been recording with it yet I am thinking of...

Udi Koomran
replies: 9 views: 725
Doc Mixwell 21 hours ago

There's any differences between the American and Japanese version?

Yave Blackfire
replies: 1 views: 349
Extreme Mixing 23 hours ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 558 views: 88,776
Will The Weirdo 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,401 views: 199,981
SynthCat 1 day ago

Hello friends. I am interested in these two candidates only, no other options for now. I like vari-mu style compression, I...

Mr. Bars
replies: 13 views: 1,204
XAXAU 1 day ago

What is the difference sound wise anyway? I'm looking to sum a few keyboards to a stereo output (live) and the passive mixers...

Joniverse
replies: 13 views: 19,612
zkwsk 1 day ago
replies: 155 views: 31,266
[email protected] 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
cheu78 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,341 views: 133,620
Bernstein 1 day ago

Hello everybody, I need an advice on which mic would be best to buy. I alredy owned these: Neumann U87Ai, Telefunken/Neumann...

menestrello
replies: 22 views: 5,079
chthoniangod 1 day ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 58 views: 4,554
rameron 1 day ago

I'm wondering and perplexed.. I had him do a B&O mod and resto early in the year, communication and delivery was...

fivestarstudios
replies: 11 views: 3,194
drybones 1 day ago

Sonically what are the main differences between these two?

Gringo Starr
replies: 3 views: 1,254
Paul_G 1 day ago

it gets used around here for so many things - room, vocals, elec guitars, kick...but my favorite is when it's all by...

jono
replies: 60 views: 4,816
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I know they're two different compressors but I have been trying to decide on one for a long time. I've owned the...

james410
replies: 43 views: 5,684
cabbo 2 days ago

Lol.. agree, maybe a dumb question but I have the usual suspects (Telefunken/Neve/Focusrite/API/)... curious to know what's cool...

CJ1973
replies: 93 views: 13,104
Hansest 2 days ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,008 views: 1,660,680
jensenmann 2 days ago

I have researched a lot the last year and really tempted to upgrade to a Matrix from our Focusrite Control 2802 The...

Zebra_PD
replies: 0 views: 289
Zebra_PD 2 days ago

For the first time in decades I have sprayed the pre/lines on this Neve 33115 sitting in a Neve 5315. On opening them up I was...

xlon
replies: 59 views: 4,198
PAST 2 days ago

Anyone running an MTR-12 1/2" deck? I know the electronics can be upgraded, which is nice. I don't know much else...

burns46824
replies: 11 views: 2,224
themaidsroom 2 days ago

I'm interested in hearing experiences with a true stereo hardware compressor, specifically for 2bus use, that also has some nice...

XMJ
replies: 8 views: 671
XMJ 2 days ago

hi everyone, I'd like to get a new vocal mic for my own voice. I'm in Canada so my choices are a bit limited here. I've used a...

hellohead
replies: 16 views: 654
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search