The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 66,978
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 719 views: 44,803
David Rick 35 minutes ago

Just looking through the fantastic drum mic pictures thread. I notice that many many people use spaced pairs for overheads -...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 36 views: 12,434
AB3 41 minutes ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,915 views: 982,904
FunkyPhil54 46 minutes ago

There's lots of threads discussing differences between the Phantom vs Phanthera, and the VM1 vs VMX, but I couldn't find any...

Metroid
replies: 0 views: 61
Metroid 2 hours ago

Hey all, I'm in the market for a 3-way high end nearfield monitor. I'm interested in the Barefoot MM45s but also know of the...

Ari88
replies: 29 views: 5,200
JonnBoy 2 hours ago

The guy I've been using as my broker for the last 15 years is MIA these days. Please post or DM me any rec's you have if you...

edham
replies: 0 views: 66
edham 2 hours ago

What inductor based eq's are out there for the 500 series? So far i know of Electrodyne 511's and RND 551's

Radic
replies: 21 views: 4,202
NathanBarley 2 hours ago

Hi, We’re in the market for a 47 Fet style mic for kick drum, bass amp or other instrument recording. The Stam offering...

Iain Hutch
replies: 9 views: 430
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 80 views: 8,783
mpr 3 hours ago

I am looking to buy a channel.. either Neve or API.. please no other suggestions. The units are quite similar in terms of their...

SashaGray
replies: 5 views: 299
SashaGray 4 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,057 views: 98,729
mpr 4 hours ago

Good Day All, I wanted to share my experience with everyone here on the forum. I had a recent install of the New Daking MKII...

Skip Burrows
replies: 11 views: 1,204
RoundBadge 4 hours ago

Along the lines of... !) Brauner Phanthera 2)Bock's FAT switch ala U195/iFET 3)Neumann TLM ala 67/49 (putting on flame...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 153
RyanC 5 hours ago

Hello everybody, I need a Tube-microphone for my locker. To find the one that suits my needs best I want to rent/borrow...

Dezibelzebub
replies: 38 views: 1,411
Bushman 5 hours ago

I am looking a top tube mic pre that is smooth, big, not too tubey, clean, detailed,...you know all the good stuff. I have...

Bmtblader
replies: 84 views: 6,592
hello people 6 hours ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,649 views: 117,849
themiracle 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, Here is my vocal chain (I'm the only one using it, male vocals, soft baritone/tenor at times): Sony c800g w. Tele...

hellohead
replies: 6 views: 209
DougS 6 hours ago

Hi Guys! I found lot of post about Neumann kh 310 vs PSI a21 but PSI a21 are 2,490 eu for one speaker on Thomann and Neumann 310...

Mahdes
replies: 46 views: 2,200
sergioelectro 9 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 844 views: 175,429
AudioKemestry 10 hours ago

I need some help selecting an universal Dual Mono Compressor that also should have Stereo- bus compressor possibilities (Stereo...

ensoniq
replies: 13 views: 545
robobob 10 hours ago

(Cross posted) The attached is the only picture I can find online of a DPA preamp module circuit board, and it's the 4061...

szegedin
replies: 7 views: 269
szegedin 11 hours ago

Trying to decide if I should buy Liquidsonics Illusion or Seventh Heaven Pro. They both sound amazing but which is better? I know...

bassbinoctuplets
replies: 15 views: 654
temnov 11 hours ago

Looking to do some mixdowns on a well maintained classic machine Anyone know of a Stephens 16 or 24 track living in the NYC...

J Gabriel
replies: 28 views: 679
MichaelAngelo 11 hours ago

I am stuck on a routing situation and I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I own a Yamaha DM2000...

mamero
replies: 12 views: 629
fifthcircle 12 hours ago

Hi Slutz, long time lurker, rare poster here. I'm a film composer who is looking for some fun gear to start working in a more...

jjb0737
replies: 10 views: 516
drBill 12 hours ago

reading The great British recording studios / Howard Massey. It says the Maison Rouge mobile was commissioned in '75, sold in...

metropical
replies: 3 views: 308
metropical 13 hours ago

Has anyone tried it? Is it anything like the first model? Really good price for a microphone like that.

PaperBrosBeatz
replies: 51 views: 3,802
swafford 14 hours ago

anyone hav A B ed the two mics? :)

musicmixer04
replies: 1 views: 339
Eirik 15 hours ago

Bricasti

Bricasti on the uad Octo platform. Can't be cracked. Could charge 2k for a copy. Probably sell like hot cakes to a whole lot...

laddie.music2
replies: 247 views: 35,053
casiotone 15 hours ago

Yeah, I know it's an open ended question and all but let's try it. Favorite settings API 550a for <pick your fav style>. ...

DanRock101
replies: 21 views: 8,426
doom64 16 hours ago

For those of you that know me I have always tried to buy and sell gear that is specific to a sound for the studio.. I have paid...

tweedrecording
replies: 0 views: 236
tweedrecording 17 hours ago

anyone have or used the drawmer dl241. what was it good for. does it sound similar to the 1968 or 1969 except its not tube? is...

ine-kpro...
replies: 13 views: 8,681
BIG BUDDHA 20 hours ago

Currently using a Iz radar and a Api 3208,would use the 2 track mastering deck for mixes.

johnnyz
replies: 3 views: 373
BIG BUDDHA 20 hours ago

Hello to all. Anyone here used, heard or better yet - owns, an LA-2 and yes, I am talking about the original one that came out...

Rack n' Ruin
replies: 29 views: 9,150
jh18x 20 hours ago

Hello folks, Have the option to add either a pair of ATC SCM20ASL's or either an AMS Neve 1084 in BAE 2-Space rack or Neve...

Cool711
replies: 14 views: 1,082
andersmv 22 hours ago

API 512c in a Alctron S3 powered rack. XLR is going into front of API512c, and since its just what I had laying around, Im using...

RonCarlston
replies: 23 views: 503
jwh1192 1 day ago

I'm doing a simple A/B comparison between two interfaces by simply connecting a cable loop and re-record the stereo track from my...

Slogun
replies: 6 views: 364
jwh1192 1 day ago

A client has just asked me for the following: "Can I pay you to record some tape hiss for a couple of minutes using biased...

Trakworx
replies: 150 views: 30,231
vincentvangogo 1 day ago

Hi! I am wondering whether LCD-XC or Focal Clear (which are in the same price range) will provide the most "accurate...

swedishstudio
replies: 2 views: 420
kedbear 1 day ago

I just bought a TC Electronic M5000. It worked for 1.5 hours and then it would not boot up. Fortunately, Doug Jane (he is a star)...

waldie wave
replies: 27 views: 14,888
elegentdrum 1 day ago

Hey, I'm having an exam the next week, where I have to record drums on a SSL 4000 G+. Right now I'm revising my notes and I'm...

Rich Art
replies: 0 views: 246
Rich Art 1 day ago

Hi, I hope I have come to the right place/spot on this forum but I am kind of curious to know more about how the quality of the...

AC222
replies: 38 views: 1,873
thehightenor 1 day ago

Hiya, I have these PMCs and they really appear to have a deep cut around the crossover, in the 2kHz region. 6dB and quite wide...

Oli_W
replies: 4 views: 397
Tweakr 1 day ago

Hey! I just wanted to hear you opinions about the Euphonix CS-3000 I own one of these but i never really was able to compare...

lyricstree
replies: 45 views: 19,443
iTod 1 day ago

Hello Can I ask what type of amp there is in Footprint 01 Class D i know, can't find any spec... Thanks.

Dvc.soup
replies: 4 views: 364
Dvc.soup 1 day ago

Anyone here using the CM-2 or another cool model? It's a broadcast console, but with just *ridiculous* pres. Back in the...

thejook
replies: 306 views: 85,538
benoit bel 1 day ago

Hi fellow slutz, I think I've might have posted a couple of time 2yrs ago and not sure if this is the right forum but I'm going...

deluca631
replies: 6 views: 612
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Almost everyone familiar with the high end mics will recognize the name DPA, or Danish Pro Audio. What they probably don't know...

PM01
replies: 39 views: 13,022
szegedin 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,830 views: 1,631,684
andychamp 1 day ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 354 views: 71,709
AndreiPiatra 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search