The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 62,087
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi everyone. So I have had a Vermona Retroverb Lancet for some time, but I'm just not in love with the sound of the spring. I...

raccoonboy
replies: 17 views: 719
raccoonboy 22 minutes ago

I love listening to the radio in the car. Often I'll discover songs on the pop stations I never would have looked into...

swappler
replies: 27 views: 831
burp182 1 hour ago

Hey Slutz, Ive finally got round to putting together a mastering chain as mastering has quickly become the main focus of my...

LostTribes
replies: 86 views: 4,124
nyandres 1 hour ago

Hello everyone, i'm aligning my Studer 903 32 input console, i'm using a MOTU 16A (16 analog output TRS) and a 24AO extension (24...

Jpastor
replies: 16 views: 431
crosscutred 2 hours ago

If so, how are you liking it on vocals? How would you describe its tone?

Krush411
replies: 1 views: 372
Al Rogers 4 hours ago

Obviously there is a giant price difference between these two speakers. But was curious how different they would truly be in a...

AudioGold
replies: 3 views: 323
AudioGold 5 hours ago

J37

Hi I am searching for a studer j37 and I saw one on ebay that looks pretty mint but the guy wants 40k for it is this like totaly...

willz33
replies: 13 views: 912
artmanjam 5 hours ago

Hi. Does anybody own these pre? Can you compare them to something more popular? Are they comparable to APIs, Neves, Shadows, GML...

fuoriporta
replies: 3 views: 1,602
Arny 6 hours ago

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

terrysound
replies: 731 views: 42,606
unitymusic 7 hours ago

Hey Guys. Big fan of Sound Techniques. this past couple years I was kinda shocked to learn about all the classic albums done on...

RoundBadge
replies: 8 views: 651
nobtwiddler 9 hours ago

Hello Slutz I have a Shadow Hills Quad Four and a Kush Electra headed my way in the mail. Looking forward to running...

augustin187
replies: 2 views: 477
augustin187 9 hours ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 586 views: 26,090
Bassmankr 9 hours ago

Just moved to a lunch box and I currently have a dreamer 1968 but am looking to have a good bus compressor in 500 series format...

frankenstino
replies: 3 views: 350
bink 10 hours ago

Between now and Autumn I will obtain a number of micpres for use in jazz sessions and so I'd appreciate knowledgeable advice as...

Swing
replies: 49 views: 1,177
toledo3 10 hours ago

I have money and room for about one more addition to my setup and pondering the impact of a better Pultec (Pulse EQP-1A3) vs...

eugtone
replies: 10 views: 770
RoundBadge 15 hours ago

Hi guys, I am looking for a stereo pair of either Capi BT50 or LC40. I can't decide! What I mainly aiming to do with them is...

midmost
replies: 3 views: 461
midmost 16 hours ago

Hi, I have a Neumann M269c pair. One have -10dB pad switch, the other -14dB pad. Can someone explain about this, please? Thanks

Snoop Jamy Jam
replies: 6 views: 443
Klaus 20 hours ago

Are they actually the same compressor? I know they share the same 340 output card? And I know the new versions have the neon...

Local 47
replies: 49 views: 23,800
eugtone 22 hours ago

It's funny after spending a year in the Box my desire to have a full console rig has dissipated. Anyone else still thinking about...

Saxplayerz
replies: 24 views: 1,088
BradD 22 hours ago

I'm questioning myself between these two... Currently own focal cms 40 (+subpac when needed) , and I'm willing to go next step. I...

Loopseeka
replies: 0 views: 261
Loopseeka 1 day ago

Hello, right now at VK they offer 2 pairs of Neve 1100, which looks like a 1084 with slightly different frequency...

Hecker
replies: 5 views: 505
Geoff_T 1 day ago

I'm looking to buy a high quality multi purpose mic either as a stereo mic like the AEA R88, a matched pair of 4038's, or...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 23 views: 1,113
[email protected] 1 day ago

Think these monitors deserve a hell of a lot more mentions in the countless monitor discussions. Took the plunge today, thanks...

orangefridge
replies: 3 views: 447
orangefridge 1 day ago

Can anyone with experience with both units chime in if its worth upgrading to the MKII? Currently have an 8x8 MKI that will...

dwdummer0
replies: 2 views: 451
captainj 1 day ago

I brought the mic to Bock tech and they tested it w normal results. Trying to find the sweet spot with my front end, but...

TVR
replies: 1 views: 371
mbvoxx 1 day ago

Any owners on here that can give their reviews? Can it compare to a BAE 1073 with class A compressor? This would work out to be...

musicminister187
replies: 103 views: 25,105
Jason rocks 1 day ago

Hi! I have an Audient iD14 and a Schoeps CMIT5U microphone. I use this primarily to record audio when recording web-based video...

swedishstudio
replies: 3 views: 411
Didgeristu 1 day ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 11 views: 823
Sir Chris 1 day ago

Anyone know why some old 1176's have the different logos on the vu meters? Not the reissues, but the authentic old urei's. ive...

takeeleven
replies: 1 views: 5,909
iangomes 1 day ago

In the market for some nearfields, any user experiences with the new Focal Shape 65s? Not much out there on the web...

squelch
replies: 46 views: 15,921
Sir Chris 1 day ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,690 views: 1,567,483
bleen 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm about buying some expensive stuff and would like what you think about those two. What are the differences if any...

Mgr
replies: 35 views: 19,209
eLUX 1 day ago

i cant find a loy of info on it or decent sound examples. so i was just wondering, does it still have something significant to...

universe25
replies: 17 views: 3,188
universe25 2 days ago

Does having a matched pair matter? I am referring to microphones manufactured and purchased today. Ie under current qc methods....

Sproto
replies: 13 views: 714
12ax7 2 days ago

I purchased an XP rack, Dolby A, on eBay. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a manual. I'm looking for a power...

peter_mavro
replies: 10 views: 3,605
Jim Williams 2 days ago

Just bought one. You guys hit it hard to get what you want or do you just kiss it. Or maybe it depends, huh? Also, anybody...

johnd5412
replies: 2 views: 585
Midwood.Studio 2 days ago

As the subject goes, where to place the mac mouse and keyboard for a comfortable, ergonomic and practical setup based around the...

gainreduction
replies: 13 views: 2,975
IM WHO YOU THINK 2 days ago

Hi folks! as written in the subject one channel of my loved drawmer compressor today shows an output lower about 16/18 dB than...

Audioworks
replies: 3 views: 393
toledo3 2 days ago

Anyone have any experience/comments on the Blue Mouse as a vocal mic? Love it as a front-of-kick and bass cab mic but have yet to...

honeypiestudios
replies: 11 views: 4,945
Krush411 2 days ago

Just beeing curious here. For the usual posts, seems you'd be almost done with some U47s/clone, some sm57s for guitars/drums and...

jindrich
replies: 509 views: 133,490
Rockabilly69 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm on the market for a dual pre, and AMS Neve 1073 DPD is at the top of my list. Looking around at various...

kakao
replies: 6 views: 394
Plush 2 days ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 21 views: 582
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I'm in the market for a color / processing unit that really transforms the sound. Something that is not subtle at all where even...

tobyemerson
replies: 117 views: 13,753
[email protected] 2 days ago

I don't know anything about 'em, but I think I'd like to get one. jkthtyrt Anybody currently mixing with springs? How...

max cooper
replies: 39 views: 8,146
Randy Kohrs 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
orangefridge 3 days ago

Hi all, Not to make another boring opinionated monitor argument but: I purchased Amphion one15's last year listening to all of...

orangefridge
replies: 21 views: 1,285
orangefridge 3 days ago

Hello everyone, i've bought a Studer 903 console 5 month ago for my new studio. it is a broadcast console which was custom made...

Jpastor
replies: 13 views: 832
Jpastor 3 days ago

Good morning, I have acquired two older racked (year 2002) Brent Averill 1073’s. I have been experimenting with the pre and...

dreckdirect
replies: 21 views: 763
cheu78 3 days ago

lets see some inspiring home studio's. I want to see how the hi-end boys roll!

DR Music
replies: 1,585 views: 465,348
heraldo_jones 3 days ago

I have a pair of SCM25A's with a Dynaudio BM14S sub (driven by a Crane Song Avocet IIA with the Quantum D/A). Sub is off most of...

audiotechnica
replies: 28 views: 946
audiotechnica 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search