The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Sponsored ByDPA Mics
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 63,717
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

Hansest
replies: 219 views: 29,835
sergioelectro 12 minutes ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 4,729 views: 1,583,068
yosh 12 minutes ago

Hello Gearslutz community, I've been thinking about buying a AMS Neve 1073 DPX Dual Preamp & EQ, especially as I've only...

MusicBiz
replies: 1 views: 68
kakao 22 minutes ago

Hi, I really like the sound of the Lexicon PCM80, I'm into long ambient washes, 10 secs or more. The 80 does this with ease and...

wallyburger
replies: 7 views: 1,530
ShadowAMD 43 minutes ago

I'm considering the RME ADI-2 Pro and would like to know anybody's experience with this compared to other high-end converters...

Bmtblader
replies: 1 views: 208
elegentdrum 1 hour ago

the new manley silver looks really nice. Anyone try it? Good for vocals or instruments, Acoustic guitar? electric...

acupunk
replies: 28 views: 2,438
dirker 2 hours ago

Is it the converters that make it so good?

redddog
replies: 530 views: 53,739
ardis 2 hours ago

Hey slutz, Lately I've been tempted about making a big switch to an SSL Matrix. Right now I'm mostly in the box, with a bunch...

timtoonz
replies: 20 views: 4,228
Glenn Bucci 2 hours ago

Hi gearslutz community, I am willing to purchase one of these preamps. I´m aiming towards a more colored sound. At the moment...

___GLM___
replies: 57 views: 4,999
hellohead 2 hours ago

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been visiting for years and greatly appreciate the input from this...

RayHeath
replies: 276 views: 9,549
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

Ok.. so I'm likely going to have to mic up a harp player at my house in the next few weeks as I am replacing the VST harp part in...

Odey
replies: 16 views: 9,917
QueenSisi 3 hours ago

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a 3d simulator Roland RSS 8048 which is yet to arrive. It's the ridiculously large 6U and...

kikumotoallstars
replies: 15 views: 1,517
Phaseland 4 hours ago

Just wondering, why these mics are not more widely talked about here...I have 2 Black Pearls and they are my goto mics for many...

mherrane
replies: 19 views: 2,417
Karloff70 5 hours ago

I’m wondering if anyone does anything wild with a compressor’s sidechain insert. Not the regular old eqing the send and...

augustin187
replies: 15 views: 679
jtienhaara 7 hours ago

I am considering buying an Mytek Stereo 192 ADC to connect it via ADAT to an RME Digiface (ADAT interface). However I am not sure...

Plsmk
replies: 6 views: 495
Earcatcher 7 hours ago

Here's the deal. I want sphere preamps. I have had the privilege of sitting in front of one in Atlanta a few times. I know the...

Jeff.calcaska
replies: 49 views: 7,053
Sigma 8 hours ago

Heyo, I acquired an IBIS eq about six months ago and it's a great EQ, however I produce electronic music and would love...

antiguru
replies: 10 views: 507
matucha 9 hours ago

I feel like my new Manley Ref C is distorting too easily on vocals, does anyone else have this problem, or is this normal? I can...

marluck
replies: 6 views: 269
marluck 9 hours ago

Im considering buying an Eventide H9000, but im more into drum and bass/idm/techno sort of thing, and all the usage I see from...

megatech7
replies: 8 views: 490
oldgearguy 12 hours ago

Hi clockslutz, Sorry to beat an almost dead horse but here goes. I'm sending audio and clock from my Rosetta 200 through...

dashamu
replies: 9 views: 2,314
jfaudio 13 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 302 views: 31,036
mev dinc 13 hours ago

Hi all! I have a Chandler Limited REDD mic here at the moment, and am having a lot of fun experimenting with it and putting it...

Kroc
replies: 305 views: 15,708
roger 15 hours ago

Hej Gearslutz, I'm a long time lurker looking for some advice regarding a more high end microphone setup (with recommended...

krewneck
replies: 12 views: 596
chazmar 15 hours ago

After 6 long years of blasting my Barefoot MM27's for 10-18 hours a day, my left channel just gave out right during a super...

nikkei
replies: 15 views: 5,540
dariva 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Enlightened Hand 1 day ago

On Monday 8/20/18 I'll be auditioning both the Dutch & Dutch 8c and the Kii Three monitors side by side in the same...

ChaosComplete
replies: 3 views: 271
ChaosComplete 1 day ago

So, I have had a hybrid mix setup for about 3 years, now. I made a mix system consisting of a Chandler Mini Mixer and an...

StringMike
replies: 99 views: 9,469
Yummerz 1 day ago

Looking for recommendations on your favorite ribbon mics with low noise floor (passive and active mics both). I do lots of very...

apossibleworld
replies: 55 views: 2,701
Geoff Poulton 1 day ago

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a modern, silky, bright, airy microphone, mainly for my voice. The style is mostly pop, world,...

Abbas Alshafai
replies: 95 views: 6,018
chessparov2.0 1 day ago
replies: 197 views: 12,223
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 240 views: 17,455
Plush 1 day ago

Hi, would you know who did the maintenance on the forte Focusrite console at Electric lady? (before 2004) Thanks for your...

KIDBILL
replies: 4 views: 764
MadDawg 1 day ago

So, I have been offered a 414 BULS at a fair price and I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I'm having some reservations as I've...

Koolaidjammer
replies: 9 views: 586
David C. 1 day ago

Hey, I'm having a high end monitor shoot out in the bay area (Berkeley) and would like to borrow/demo/rent a pair of Barefoot...

South Brokelyn
replies: 2 views: 373
Josh Richman 1 day ago

hey guys, was thinking about getting a SSL Sigma, so I've been doing some research on here to see what Sigma users thought of it,...

hitsville
replies: 5 views: 398
octatonic 1 day ago

Well, I've finally made it to the High End forum... after 16 years of being on a tight budget, I've finally splurged. I've been...

CPhoenix
replies: 17 views: 1,121
CPhoenix 1 day ago

Have a pair of MC77s. I'm Considering selling them for a 1178. Anyone has both? How do they compare? Especially regarding...

cracki
replies: 33 views: 3,892
iLCacciLLo 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I just wanted to post about a incredible Bass DI I used recently that I feel more people need to know about, because...

Farm sounds
replies: 342 views: 59,161
nudwig 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am new here and I seek for your advice. I want to upgrade my "music PC". ATM I have cheap roland duo ex...

user6231
replies: 40 views: 3,220
Adebar 2 days ago

Have you guys seen this new summing mixer/routing mixer? Looks cool, check it out; http://www.apiaudio.com/thebox.html

ppanton321
replies: 395 views: 68,564
Will The Weirdo 2 days ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 1,780 views: 200,538
Strictly Stereo 2 days ago

Hi all, sorry this must be a stupid question! but if I would connect an external DA to my internal audio device, RME 9632 via...

twitter
replies: 5 views: 510
Slug1 2 days ago

Hi Is there anybody here who know if there is any sound quality or electronics differences between the confoosedSoundelux ELUX...

Blue Fire
replies: 7 views: 422
toledo3 2 days ago

Sony c800g

So...like everyone I see on gs, I've came from a u87ai...to gathering funds to get a sony. I have a 1073, 1176 and the c800 and...

asylumatik
replies: 114 views: 5,877
Paul_G 2 days ago

Hey all, Anyone having news about Gunter Wagner ? Still active ? Thanks!

Mgr
replies: 5 views: 450
GYang 2 days ago

I work everyday with my LA2A, since I bought it 3 months ago. But I have some problems actually HEARING a difference between the...

t-hiho
replies: 61 views: 15,740
WunderBro Flo 2 days ago

Long time lurker here. I visit GS on (almost) a daily basis. Thank you so much in advance for your advice! I’m an...

FretlessFury
replies: 6 views: 355
NathanEldred 2 days ago

I have an AKG C414 B-ULS that works in Cardioid and Hypercardioid just fine, the omni and bidirectional settings are making a...

szegedin
replies: 3 views: 447
cbc6403 2 days ago

Hey all, I'm currently saving for some high end tube outboard gear and would like some help identifying which Thermionic Culture...

ddn
replies: 8 views: 561
groovyomega 3 days ago

This is a shot of the rack equipment at Columbia studios during the 1960s- Pultec Eqs and what else?

antnb
replies: 78 views: 6,256
Jesuswasafag 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search