The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 59,852
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I can’t count how many threads there are in this forum about the best converters. People seem to obsess over conversion almost...

logjamparty
replies: 15 views: 593
c1ferrari 17 minutes ago

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

Hansest
replies: 149 views: 20,544
IkennaFuNkEn 35 minutes ago

Hi Slutz Been a while I'm doing the opposite of everyone else I'm going back to console with hardware Using Pro Tools HD12...

anguswoodhead
replies: 11 views: 336
anguswoodhead 1 hour ago

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,523 views: 88,174
withintheflux 2 hours ago

Hello I'm interested in seeing what's going on inside the gear we use. Especially summing mixers. I own the Inward Connections...

127Riot
replies: 117 views: 14,987
Drumhead1957 3 hours ago

Anyone with any experience/opinions on these 2 mics. Both a bit difficult to get a hold of for comparison in my location...

davehall6162
replies: 2 views: 279
StevenLMorgan 3 hours ago

I’m tracking full bands far less these days and doing a lot more film score work and production in genres that don’t require...

logjamparty
replies: 0 views: 97
logjamparty 4 hours ago

How regularly do you toggle the Input Select during mix playback to color signal? I see this done often on channel strip emulator...

jkuehlin
replies: 2 views: 195
kosmokrator 6 hours ago

hello fellow slutz. i am interesting in hearing a bit more about the 33609. i have read that it evolved from the 2254 and...

jdjustice
replies: 31 views: 8,972
Geoff_T 6 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 41 views: 2,427
bushwick 7 hours ago

Hi, does anybody knows, if there is an active monitor of 2 ways, sealed?? Cheers!!!kfhkh

ezrecords
replies: 14 views: 637
DannyMac 8 hours ago

Hi All, I have had the RND 5060 for over a year now and I love it. I am just setting it up in a small studio and I have...

javamad
replies: 3 views: 425
Joelhume 9 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 29 views: 895
boyjohnny 9 hours ago

I've seen various threads on the Sigma and answered a fair share of pm's on the subject. I decided to post this thread to show...

syra
replies: 90 views: 15,940
jyork002 10 hours ago

Hi Guys, I'm searching the manual for the Amek Angela. It seems like it's not on the web. Does anyone have it in pdf? Many thanks...

Joinsplit
replies: 3 views: 281
Schoeller 10 hours ago

Never heard of this one before and yesterday I had a chance to listen to this mic in a studio. And it's just-WOW!!! I...

SidneySheldon
replies: 4 views: 3,742
kevinsinnott 10 hours ago

I've been thinking about filling in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten with a Moiyn, Cans Module, and eight CAPI Missing Links...or...

herecomesyourman
replies: 7 views: 418
crestifer 11 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 6,382 views: 853,381
SeanMS 12 hours ago

Anyone have experience with both of these channel strips? Mainly to be used for vocals with Neumann U87ai, TLM49 and maybe some...

captainj
replies: 7 views: 1,802
jahborn 12 hours ago

Any owners on here that can give their reviews? Can it compare to a BAE 1073 with class A compressor? This would work out to be...

musicminister187
replies: 99 views: 24,021
Stagecraft 13 hours ago

There is one of these for sale in my area... 9 pres + 4 line ins + 4 line outs and master section. Probably will get around...

QuinnS
replies: 30 views: 9,287
Pansjebob 14 hours ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 522 views: 28,493
morfi 14 hours ago

Hi!All in the title, maybe you have some links where it's possible to hear at your Federal? Thanks for your answer,best regards.

KIDBILL
replies: 48 views: 17,886
Fidelis 14 hours ago

Hey fellow GS members! I have a dilemma that I could use some expert opinions on. I want to step up my ad/da conversion from...

CrunkThanAMug
replies: 15 views: 997
spektor 15 hours ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

TanTan
replies: 80 views: 3,546
dights 15 hours ago

So I have stereo pair Omni (DPA 4006), Cardioid (Neumann KM140s), Blumlein (AEA R88) and now considering Wide Cardioid Stereo...

maestro
replies: 10 views: 479
Empiria 16 hours ago
replies: - views: -
EvaRed 16 hours ago

My girl needs a new chain. (I know, I know, plenty of threads like this already) She goes from sexy alto soulful quiet...

lucey
replies: 3 views: 267
Twenty Staxx 19 hours ago

Hi all, I've had my 8816 since it came out. It's been returned once and back for service once. Amazing sound, sloppy build...

replies: 76 views: 7,105
arlette 19 hours ago
myles 19 hours ago

Any MCI Users Or Owners In Los Angeles?

hubercraft
replies: 0 views: 212
hubercraft 23 hours ago

May I be the first to kick it off this year... Ordered another ma5 today:) Let's see some more...

turk sanchez
replies: 1,826 views: 502,920
reason108 23 hours ago

Looking to get a new LDC mic this year. Something with a nice top end and caricature! Love the sound of many 50's jazz singer...

dillweed
replies: 12 views: 592
Lando Calrissian 1 day ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 189 views: 14,182
Twenty Staxx 1 day ago

Thinking of getting a more high end microphone, wanted some opinions first on this mic of anyone who uses it. Also what preamp...

captshiznit
replies: 17 views: 5,560
onefromjupiter 1 day ago

I'm doing a drum tracking session tomorrow in a studio that has an Amek Angela 28x8x2 console. I'm very familiar with SSL's and...

JonasW
replies: 3 views: 925
Pascal Santoro 1 day ago

Hi Forum, Like title of thread asks: Anyone know of a room to book in Upstate, Ny (Hudson-Albany area) for 1" - 16 track...

Stitch333
replies: 4 views: 275
nobtwiddler 1 day ago

I need to upgrade my monitors for my studio. I pave the old PMC TB2S II's. I have really enjoyed them. will be moving them to...

acupunk
replies: 2 views: 272
acupunk 1 day ago

So I'm referring to a mic like this: -Ideal for most voices, brings out best to vocalist -Included with natural sounding hpf...

Elpsycongroo
replies: 35 views: 1,525
vernier 1 day ago

Just beeing curious here. For the usual posts, seems you'd be almost done with some U47s/clone, some sm57s for guitars/drums and...

jindrich
replies: 505 views: 130,933
vernier 1 day ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here could be of some help? I bought eight AML ez1081 pre's & a Fredenstein Bento 10S...

ChrisForge
replies: 14 views: 1,360
ChrisForge 1 day ago

Just took delivery of this thing and when I engage Output 3 for my sub (using sub mode in the shift menu), all main speakers...

andyfreeman
replies: 1 views: 238
andyfreeman 1 day ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 731 views: 148,595
Twenty Staxx 1 day ago

Being a proud owner of 2 MCI jh-500 C rev consoles, some friends and i decided that we wanted a dedicated forum to share...

dualflip
replies: 58 views: 6,122
127Riot 1 day ago

For vocals that need to be similar to modern pop and hip-hop vocals. Assuming the rest of the mix is very dense and the vocal...

Krush411
replies: 29 views: 1,313
AlexK 1 day ago
paraudio 1 day ago

Did I post this in the right forum? Im gonna buy heavy-ass monitors (45kg), and I need to tilt them slightly (down). Thats...

Ajustment
replies: 6 views: 782
Davidestrelinha 1 day ago

Hi GS heroes So I pulled the trigger on an API 8200a on eBay - was very excited about getting summing, but I am having some...

Thom b
replies: 2 views: 267
dreadheaded 1 day ago

I got my console yesterday from Vintage King Audio. They rock and so does the board! They recapped the whole thing before it...

cannikin
replies: 18 views: 5,831
bluespills 1 day ago

Does anyone know any of the details about the API in Studio B at Oceanway Hollywood? A lot of records I love were mixed on...

dokushoka
replies: 56 views: 17,118
CEB 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search