The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Views: 865
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 82,764
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hi all. I have one doubt. It's not clear for me in the manual neither in the block diagram.... At what stage in the signal flow...

makasi
replies: 0 views: 1
makasi 17 minutes ago

I did a quick shootout and would love some input on what you prefer. I used the following mics, recording through a Neve Portico...

sleshnyc
replies: 33 views: 1,215
Halamadrid7 18 minutes ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,816 views: 222,207
Trailerman 26 minutes ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 29 views: 1,609
staylor200 39 minutes ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 1,854 views: 225,293
TheHanes 43 minutes ago

I was clearing out my loft today and found this Microtech Gefell UM70 MV692. I must have bought it in the late 1990s and...

trubshaw
replies: 0 views: 24
trubshaw 1 hour ago

hello, Has anyone here upgraded their original Dangerous Music D-Box to the newer D-Box+? Apart from the extra features, in...

mnawara
replies: 9 views: 255
MarcB 2 hours ago

What are you go to hardware compressors for bass guitar in mix?

winvbass
replies: 117 views: 11,784
iangomes 2 hours ago

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this school ? Some of their song writing courses look pretty good! I'm in Hawaii...

Seti808
replies: 25 views: 3,774
blaugruen7 2 hours ago

Er, new limiter. Abbey Road. Going to set his up as a second MB parallel. Looking forward to the ride....

Oldone
replies: 7 views: 547
Oldone 3 hours ago

I’m looking for something to compliment the API 5500. Looking for 2 channels, only have 2 rack spaces available right now and...

NamelessUnknown
replies: 0 views: 47
NamelessUnknown 3 hours ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,693 views: 242,557
sreko 4 hours ago

Hi all, what are the recommendations for a hardware peak limiter for the final stage of the mix. Im going out to analog...

South Brokelyn
replies: 4 views: 259
illsoulprod 5 hours ago

Well I'm posting here because I believe if its Chandler gear it's High End. The mic comes packed in its own wood case in a box...

bzone
replies: 611 views: 55,696
FOURTHTUNZ 6 hours ago

Been eyeballing them for a while now Everytime I used the UAD plugin I went meh, the attack is too fast and the release too...

XAXAU
replies: 21 views: 1,913
Johanz 6 hours ago

Hi slutz! I just demoed the new Myburgh M1 mic, and did a quick comparison with Brauner VM1 and Horch RM2J. It´s not an...

Skrinsen
replies: 18 views: 636
StevenLMorgan 7 hours ago

Hi, I have the original Dangerous D-Box and i use it as my Summing mixer and my Monitoring stereo D/A converter. Do you think...

mnawara
replies: 6 views: 315
mnawara 7 hours ago

I'm interested in something over the top for this summer for vocals and whatever else I've heard good things about the Chandler...

FOURTHTUNZ
replies: 22 views: 953
e-are 8 hours ago

i just got these 2 mono graphic eq's made by astronic i think in the 60ies... only thing i could find info was that some custom...

ttdom
replies: 6 views: 2,464
EvLoutonian 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, my first post here. I was about to buy an Overstayer SVC after a mixing session at Invada Studios in Bristol,...

Mostar
replies: 9 views: 215
Mostar 8 hours ago

So I currently have two small rooms, one I already used a studio in town and the other is a home office, they're both pretty...

blackjam
replies: 0 views: 90
blackjam 9 hours ago

I have scraped my whole life to get the tools I have . It’s the only thing I spend money on besides the house nut for the...

seedubs
replies: 38 views: 4,187
bgood 11 hours ago

I’m currently summing through a Nicerizer and have a TK BC1, TK Lizer, UBK Fatso, Kush Tweaker and Drawmer 1973. I’m...

Bratley
replies: 2 views: 138
Bratley 12 hours ago

Hello guys, freshflowe I'm a little lost trying to compare the sonic properties of different tube preamps because where I live I...

Sybille
replies: 27 views: 1,852
thehightenor 12 hours ago

So in my search for a summing mixer ( yes I bought into the whole summing mixer snake oil thing ) I found a Heritage Audio MCM-8...

wannaberocker
replies: 10 views: 2,388
DogCake 14 hours ago

I am designing a large orchestral studio. I am going with a mix of Avid MTRX and Merging HORUS as my main Mic-pre's. Now - both...

adimodi
replies: 2 views: 136
adimodi 15 hours ago

My gut says no, but my lust says yes. I am finally building out my little studio in an old log house we bought a few years ago. I...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 731 views: 53,771
127Riot 15 hours ago

what is the difference between the two Millenia pres?

doogie
replies: 9 views: 2,128
RightOnRome 15 hours ago

Looking for the best mic stands...For rack toms specifically. cost is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful. I have the...

6_Three
replies: 84 views: 5,700
unitymusic 16 hours ago

Millennia Microphone Preamps: ARE THEY THAT GOOD? Hi Gear People are these Millennia micpre that good as they say, are they as...

JOHN
replies: 181 views: 45,259
RightOnRome 17 hours ago

I know that there are a lot of amazing vintage Japanese synthesizers, guitar and guitar amps, microphones (Sanken are a true...

cmwolf
replies: 8 views: 515
chessparov2.0 18 hours ago

I dont want to shell out nearly $400 for the EA87 or get some cheap knock off that might break and drop my mic. The EA4 doesn't...

TikkoRome
replies: 7 views: 414
pencilextremist 20 hours ago

I have both C700A and Flea 47 - both amazing mics! I particularly like the C700A on acoustic guitar and the Flea 47 for my voice....

ProPower
replies: 1 views: 106
StevenLMorgan 20 hours ago

It's funny... At first it's not a big deal. But, after a few hours the noise starts getting on my last nerves! I don't dare...

smoovemode
replies: 113 views: 13,927
andrea19837 21 hours ago

Introduction: Given the lack of information available on the Neve 8816, I wanted to share my setup and workflow with it. I’m...

Malawar
replies: 5 views: 1,395
makasi 21 hours ago

Hey Everyone, I have a Mojave MA-1000 tube mic, and love this mic. But I don't have a comparable solid state mic (of the...

KD_Banjer
replies: 92 views: 2,983
Dusty Wakeman 23 hours ago

Vintage Digital Gear - to buy or not from your expirience stuff like old reverb units harmonizers etc. Lexicon Eventide...

Udi Koomran
replies: 5 views: 308
santibanks 23 hours ago

Is there a consensus on how much make up gain a pultec clone should have? My understanding is that the original unit could send a...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 0 views: 107
Pipe_Dream 1 day ago

Hi everyone — I’m curious how to setup an external side chain with the Bettermaker c502v compressor thru USB. Can someone...

goldi
replies: 14 views: 1,544
HeAniganist 1 day ago

for me its Bricasti Design M7

mnawara
replies: 175 views: 12,385
Audio Child 1 day ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 358 views: 66,203
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,009 views: 180,332
Ward Pike 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,916 views: 1,211,023
Riccardo 1 day ago

Hello, I have a short question. I have been using a "Brauner Phantom Classic" microphone for years. It's a really...

Benjamin81
replies: 2 views: 231
Benjamin81 1 day ago

So I have had the Ferrofish Pulse 16 for a few weeks now and I wanted to let you guys in on what I thought. For those who dont...

Morgueritual
replies: 6 views: 2,839
bgood 1 day ago

Hey gents, I have been following some chat by Bob Olhsson and Chris from Airwindows in another thread about dither and it...

Karloff70
replies: 1,474 views: 100,625
TomVY 1 day ago

Hi all. I've been mixing an album which was recorded through Lynx Aurora converters. In the recording process, the Aurora was...

Ski spiggy
replies: 98 views: 19,518
BrettB 1 day ago

I want to purchase a new Obsidian but need the one that has the most control over the low end frequencies on the mix bus. I'm...

rcd
replies: 32 views: 3,969
mixerguy 1 day ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 109 views: 9,232
Phillip R. 1 day ago

Hi, A couple of years ago, I purchased a used U87AI in near mint condition that was made in 2014. I've been recording podcasts...

BDW42
replies: 6 views: 288
Klaus 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search