2nd December 2020 Views: 431
Views: 431
2nd December 2020
Announcement: Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 1,301
Views: 1,301
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 84,891
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

The legend of the Sontec 432. Created by the co-inventor of the parametric EQ Burgess Macneal. According to him, 430/432 units...

SharpKillerCable
replies: 38 views: 11,319
SharpKillerCable 28 minutes ago

Seriously considering some 500 stuff. I have nothing as yet, so I am going to ask some of you to point me in the right direction....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 391 views: 76,009
James7800 1 hour ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,730 views: 1,063,222
6000 2 hours ago

Hey guys, check this out https://en-de.neumann.com/ma-1 "Dear audio professionals, home recording enthusiasts, musicians...

Husky Squad
replies: 12 views: 1,171
6000 2 hours ago

I work everyday with my LA2A, since I bought it 3 months ago. But I have some problems actually HEARING a difference between the...

t-hiho
replies: 62 views: 20,028
blackcom 3 hours ago

I know there is a gap in the market for decent recording analog consoles in this price range. Would anyone care to give me...

OBOYO
replies: 7 views: 198
RightOnRome 4 hours ago

I’ve been looking at UA 1176 Tube tech cl1b Distressor El8 Urei La2a I will be using it mostly for gain management when...

Jethro
replies: 44 views: 1,430
Dirk Churlish 5 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

stamand
replies: 2,350 views: 321,606
Jack Weaver 5 hours ago

Help What's the name of the leather pad cushion in front of a console that you lean on or put the computer keyboard...

harky
replies: 8 views: 233
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

Looking to get a dual channel pre/EQ in the 1073 style. Haven’t heard much about the new Neve version other than a YouTube demo...

guitargyro
replies: 48 views: 3,842
Kronos147 6 hours ago

I have a pair of ME Geithain RL933k. Just now I heard a small popping noise and the LED light on the monitor turned from green to...

maestro
replies: 24 views: 726
jetam 6 hours ago

Now that I'm pretty familiar with most basic compression types (FET, VCA, opto), I want to start working with vari-mu...

andychamp
replies: 111 views: 33,768
qslprod 6 hours ago

So I'm curious, as an analogue junkie but a Sony R100 user (and hopefully soon SSL Matrix) I'm aware that digital mixers all have...

chripek
replies: 30 views: 4,147
jlawford 7 hours ago

I saw an interview on here with the guy (Colin I think was his name) from AML, but I didn't see a mention of this 500 series...

mikaeljohnston
replies: 139 views: 37,522
qslprod 8 hours ago

I just moved into a house with a detached garage and I'm working with a contractor/studio designer to have it converted into a...

homespunaudio
replies: 32 views: 1,804
Jim Williams 8 hours ago

Hi, I was wondering, what do you guys think about Oram consoles (sound, built quality, functionalities...)? Please: I'm...

Schattenmann
replies: 9 views: 4,201
Rohdiddly 9 hours ago

Hi gearslutz community, I am willing to purchase one of these preamps. I´m aiming towards a more colored sound. At the moment...

___GLM___
replies: 77 views: 16,065
Kadir 10 hours ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 97 views: 6,590
aremos 10 hours ago

Can anyone confirm this? I'm thinking of adding the neumann 750 to the setup. It is recommended to use the digital...

musaee
replies: 1 views: 79
musaee 11 hours ago

Anyone compare the 2? I have a Lynx Hilo and Aurora(N) and have been doing more mixing at home thru headphones on the Hilo....

Chase Orion
replies: 2 views: 125
To Mega Therion 12 hours ago

I guess the question of "how much better does an EMS 5000 (or Sennheiser)" sound that the alternatives is somewhat...

J Gabriel
replies: 0 views: 85
J Gabriel 14 hours ago

tl;dr: Selling my 2006-built API A2D (replacing this with better conversion); but I love the API pre flavor. What should I...

paulwall
replies: 16 views: 606
jondoe1972 15 hours ago

Hi, need some advice of 4 large caps in the PSU. I need replacement but not sure which part to get. The 4 big caps (32000uF 50V...

Twosounds
replies: 0 views: 83
Twosounds 18 hours ago

hi there, any of you are using them? What are they good at? i'm particulal ry thinking of the w395 and w495. Cheers

baikonour
replies: 18 views: 5,583
Seditionary 18 hours ago
replies: 339 views: 39,385
[email protected] 19 hours ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 913 views: 142,879
danger 21 hours ago

I'm attaching a clip of my new 1963 u67 making an odd "fluttering" sound that seems to come and go (listen with...

jml designs
replies: 2 views: 156
crille_mannen 21 hours ago
replies: - views: -
[email protected] 21 hours ago

definitely inspired by the "Control Room thread" I was wondering if there were pictures to post of various mic'ed up...

Bobalou
replies: 5,653 views: 1,807,250
Remoteness 23 hours ago

These look quite interesting. $1900 shipped in the USA https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-detailed-description...

jtwrace
replies: 10 views: 3,939
Gorgechon 1 day ago

Ok I recently bought the 1073SPX and was immediately unimpressed that it comes with a laptop charger psu. Its loose on both...

Capej
replies: 18 views: 2,713
emerymesich 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,408 views: 1,286,128
lowkey 1 day ago

Just got the Tele-USA ELA M 251 yesterday and I think it might be time to do a vocal mic shoot-out from these that I have in my...

Orange Room
replies: 114 views: 2,511
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,174 views: 292,870
psycho_monkey 1 day ago

You slutz know what I'm talkin bout - that piece of gear you just got tired of, etc.. and decided to sell it for one reason or...

UpNSmoke
replies: 194 views: 21,034
chrisdee 1 day ago

While there were some helpful comments early on, there hasn't been much discussion subsequently of the BG1, new at it is. I'm...

sagefields
replies: 3 views: 495
sagefields 1 day ago

Hey all, Just pulled the trigger on a Trinnov ST2 for my room and wanted to find out some honest responses from people other...

Tansao
replies: 9 views: 193
Tansao 1 day ago

Hi all, Got a session with the client wanting to use one of these to record at 192kHz and pitch down Intention is to use the...

GarlicJimmy
replies: 13 views: 804
DobieDigital 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have the money in my account, and I am just one phone call away from ordering a Bricasti M7. I do a lot of jazz...

OwensDrumming
replies: 134 views: 8,053
temnov 1 day ago

Hi, the following test was done at 24/96 in ProTools. I'm comparing three converters I own: - Lynx Hilo - Merging Hapi -...

burns46824
replies: 23 views: 941
hywyn 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking for some advice for recapping more then 32 Harrison 32C channel strips! Panasonic FC vs Elna SIMIC II, nichicon...

Twosounds
replies: 7 views: 321
Twosounds 1 day ago

I am interested in the PMC TwoTwo monitors and particularly interested in the digital input option, thus not requiring an...

psyclone001
replies: 3 views: 1,892
victoredmundo 1 day ago

Hi guys, I am moving from itb to a hybrid setup. Hope someone would chime in. For stereo eq on mix bus I am looking at Tegeler...

Zmago Šmon
replies: 50 views: 5,080
djtomfoolery 1 day ago

Do people know this mic? The Sanken CU-100K ? I have taken a risk and bid and won a CU-100k on a Japanese auction site (from...

nat8808
replies: 3 views: 127
nat8808 1 day ago

Anyone use the Wes audio stuff ? Is it high quality? Or do you have any experience with other company’s that offer similar...

Cokey30
replies: 14 views: 1,228
Krinke 1 day ago

any new feedback from the HEDD type 20 speakers. anyone have them? how is the translation verses say something more clinical...

acupunk
replies: 128 views: 18,231
puriteaudio 1 day ago

SSL Sigma

I am a prospective buyer of this and this is very new product which I don't fully understand yet so I guess having a dedicated...

aramism
replies: 1,861 views: 258,878
Avantmidi 1 day ago
replies: 4 views: 859
Riccardo 1 day ago

Hi and Happy New Year to all! I am a little surprised about the lack of discussions regarding Hedd Audio studio monitors while...

mantovibe
replies: 80 views: 17,932
ozonepaul 1 day ago

Can someone that has used both please tell me the advantages of each for both mixing and mastering? Which one translates better?

Nusqool Audio
replies: 4 views: 362
monitor noob 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search