The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

<mod note - will merge here - Rupert Neve 1926-2021 - eventually but will leave stuck to top of forum for an appropriate...

Husky Squad
replies: 26 views: 2,220
Inge 1 week ago

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 86,269
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

I've got a KMS84 vintage Neumann that's picking up some electromagnetic noise or something. When I touch it or have the grill...

The Recordingist
replies: 0 views: 1
The Recordingist 8 minutes ago

I'm testing a new pair of monitors and the dealer was awesome enough to also lend me 2 pairs of audiophile cables. They both cost...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 185 views: 8,116
Tomás Mulcahy 1 hour ago

I am thinking of getting a stereo pair of SDC's for my studio, thought I would ask here first what you guys think? my...

pencilextremist
replies: 33 views: 3,476
Nightowl43 2 hours ago

So this may have been touched on but I feel it needs to be rehashed. I’ve owned both the SSL fusion and Rupert Neve Master...

austinbdot
replies: 11 views: 492
Jantex 2 hours ago

Can't find any comparisons between these two. I haven't had the luxury of demoing either. My concern is that the Dangerous...

sotabound
replies: 13 views: 6,234
KCinOC 6 hours ago

Hello, :) What are the best alternatives to the Silver Bullet as of 2021 ? I've heared about the SSL Fusion and the Wooly...

Sybille
replies: 13 views: 1,333
stnbrgrbass 8 hours ago

Has anyone experienced this or fixed this issue? Remote says host is missing....lit up but blank screen when main unit turned on....

perky b
replies: 6 views: 1,385
BigBlackWolf 9 hours ago

Would love to see some photos of high end studio monitors in their natural environment!

Genelecislife
replies: 0 views: 105
Genelecislife 9 hours ago

RayHeath and monkeyxx asked me to post about the new Heiserman H47tube... I think high end is probably the right place. Here...

drBill
replies: 202 views: 19,462
Ward Pike 11 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 1,176 views: 208,520
Banjolele 11 hours ago

Hi Just wanted to hear from Trinnov Users how you like working with the unit?? Do you have any negatives? Worth the hi price...

eclipse
replies: 133 views: 19,957
Chevron 12 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,522 views: 360,944
Edwardss44 13 hours ago

Hello, has anyone tested the Pueblo micpre yet, and compared it to a Gordon, or another pre that is called "clean"...

Rumi
replies: 410 views: 82,015
legato 13 hours ago

Has anyone used both of these? Would love to hear your experience of them, and if the KU4 is worth the price of admission?...

mikoo69
replies: 0 views: 99
mikoo69 13 hours ago

Anything you need to know about Trident, let us know....

alanhyatt
replies: 2 views: 141
alanhyatt 14 hours ago

Does anyone have any comments or experience using the Summit DCL 200 stereo Compressor on the mix buss. I'm about to either buy a...

Stevieneve
replies: 4 views: 425
nicolopolos 15 hours ago

It's about that time of year where my G.A.S. is getting the best of me and I'd like to do a bit of upgrading to my rig. ...

Seamoss
replies: 3 views: 100
Seamoss 15 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 2,057 views: 267,586
dinococcus 16 hours ago

Hey everyone How do you compare the two in regards to mixing? Some people here for example claim that the mc isn’t great for...

Ovrlord
replies: 6 views: 505
frankenstino 17 hours ago

Wazup fellas, What's actually all the fuzz about sony's 80s dre 2000 reverb unit? Isn't a contemporary digital plugin...

atticmike
replies: 109 views: 24,708
burns46824 17 hours ago

I soldered the tip & ring per Dave Hill's instruction but I'm getting weird behavior at the punch block -- like no signal. I...

jeangodard
replies: 0 views: 91
jeangodard 18 hours ago

Intriguing company and gear, highly regarded by some. haven't seen much on their tube 500 series

MadeSumthnGood
replies: 4 views: 435
bowzin 18 hours ago

What do you reach for that works for you most of the time....?

drockfresh
replies: 7 views: 348
Kronos147 19 hours ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 8,762 views: 1,333,435
Oskari J. 19 hours ago

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this mic. Are you still using/loving yours in 2020? If you have a band or vocalist I can...

CosmicSurfin
replies: 14 views: 1,135
Shanktron 20 hours ago

Please post your experience if you had the chance and funds to buy this new product. I searched for user reviews but not much...

11bit
replies: 197 views: 33,940
mrbump 21 hours ago

Wondering what amp would be a good pair with the ProAc SM100's. I've been looking into some used Bryston 4B-ST's, but still no...

unknowneryx
replies: 4 views: 351
burst 1 day ago

Hello all, My apologies if this isn't the right place but considering it's a Rosetta, I didn't think the low end page would be...

JarvisHF
replies: 0 views: 102
JarvisHF 1 day ago

I'm looking for a new pair of Ribbon mics for capturing the drum room sound. EDIT: not for overheads. For the far room. What are...

Nevelous
replies: 37 views: 1,412
phantomcenter 1 day ago

Happy New Year! What’s on your purchase list for 2021?

ghostwriter
replies: 99 views: 5,666
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Last week, I received my new U67 RI and it's been absolutely glorious. Just an amazing, beautiful microphone. However,...

BDW42
replies: 9 views: 505
Jeroko 1 day ago

Currently using Neumann KH120a. Really like the sound of these, and I hear they lean more to the accurate side than flattering,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 69 views: 4,926
AlexK 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
miroslav 1 day ago

As some of you are aware I’ve been working on this project for the last couple years. Last year I nailed the 3 track machine I...

Silvertone
replies: 137 views: 10,638
MRSEED 1 day ago

Hi, I have made this test comparing a u67 clone made in east europe with original components and the first SE2200a model, with...

just_manu
replies: 9 views: 420
Zuewi 1 day ago

I work at a high school in San Diego that purchased an EMT 140 solid state stereo unit. We are in the process of setting up a...

jcookester
replies: 12 views: 483
jcookester 1 day ago

On a whim, I bought an old, used Innertube Audio Z-3 preamp. I just did a shootout to compare it to a D.W. Fearn VT-2. Since I...

firehouse12
replies: 2 views: 281
firehouse12 1 day ago

anyone heard psi monitors?? www.psiaudio.com they are supposed to sound vbery good, i just wanted to get a light impression from...

xl-sander
replies: 424 views: 92,216
eclipse 1 day ago

For those of you that have old Lexicon and Eventide gear in need of repair, it seems that Dane Beamish and David Kulka are now...

beats workin'
replies: 22 views: 5,539
Mbelekete 1 day ago

Lets see those pictures of your ATC beauties!! Also anybody got the new tweeters for the 25s yet?

callmelaub
replies: 73 views: 16,052
drockfresh 1 day ago

I just moved into a house with a detached garage and I'm working with a contractor/studio designer to have it converted into a...

homespunaudio
replies: 108 views: 7,582
Master_Splinter 1 day ago

Hey, Just wanted to ask if any of you have compared these microphones for recording (upright) piano. I have one 4038...

tomjonson
replies: 43 views: 3,796
mikoo69 1 day ago

Hi people, I just had this question on my mind. Logically speaking there is a 4000 serie, 5000, 6000, and 9000 etc etc. But the...

toulcit
replies: 32 views: 5,197
jetam 1 day ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 395 views: 46,179
winn3r 2 days ago

I have a pair of Coles that usually live in a spaced pair above my drum kit. Tonight I had to set up in a different area of the...

rmedek
replies: 5 views: 313
rmedek 2 days ago

Anyone using the ShinyBox Si4 preamp yet? I have done a search and there dose not seem to be much chatter either way on this...

soundtrack2life
replies: 18 views: 5,998
Bushman 2 days ago

So I'm curious, as an analogue junkie but a Sony R100 user (and hopefully soon SSL Matrix) I'm aware that digital mixers all have...

chripek
replies: 39 views: 5,070
Matt Syson 2 days ago

It seems like a couple more months have gone by without comments on this unit. I am curious for those that have now been using...

AB3
replies: 16 views: 4,505
FOURTHTUNZ 2 days ago

I found this video really interesting as a beginner. Figured I would share in case it hasn’t been posted on here. It contains a...

DHannah1981
replies: 0 views: 240
DHannah1981 2 days ago

Last night I did an op amp shootout for the mix buss of our API 1608 console. The test went as follows: Merging Hapi D/A >...

burns46824
replies: 237 views: 9,874
burns46824 2 days ago

Moderators