The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

High end

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

replies: 7 views: 60,596
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Hello Neumann / Sennheiser Neumann, Sennheiser or anyone else can you please post detailed videos,Photographs anything which we...

replies: 162 views: 10,075
PdotDdot 4 minutes ago

Dear slutz I have been obsessed with analysing Spike Stent's different mixes and trying to understand his working methods. I...

replies: 9 views: 2,329
psycho_monkey 7 minutes ago

I bought a new high end DAC. It's made in Germany by Pro-Ject. It's called the Pre Box S2 Digital. It's a 32 bit DAC that does...

Jim Williams
replies: 24 views: 1,437
Karloff70 28 minutes ago

Hi folks! Jules here GS founder We have an idea that might suit some of you. The ability to 'at a glance' view GS...

replies: 21 views: 1,010
thehightenor 54 minutes ago

Hello all, Anyone who's owned or has extensive experience with a Sony C800g mic able to chime in? My friend and I bought...

replies: 22 views: 1,266
mals 57 minutes ago

Hi every body I'm new here and this my first post or answer. The thing is I just got a Urei 1176 compressor from a storage...

replies: 13 views: 550
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 2 hours ago

Hello guys I'm in the middle of a dilemma, I have a budget that will allow only the purchase of a console, either a 4064 E/G+ or...

replies: 273 views: 17,160
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 2 hours ago

Hello all, Looking to solve a problem here. Hoping I can get some advice as I don't know all that much about compressors. I...

replies: 23 views: 525
u87allen 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, We are filming marketing videos for an internet marketing company and so far we have a pretty decent signal chain....

replies: 14 views: 490
pan60 3 hours ago

Purple Audio MFtwenty5 - looks so intriguing, has been posted on Purple's site for awhile, and said to ship in 2014. Jens from...

replies: 124 views: 18,381
kage 3 hours ago

For me the Retro 2a3 makes me smile everytime I go from bypassed to in. And the mod that Black Lion audio did to my 192 Sent...

replies: 717 views: 115,114
Manicearthling 3 hours ago

I finally did it, this week we upgraded from the focal twin 6B to the Barefoot MM27 gen2. Right of the bat my mixes are...

replies: 0 views: 112
shalimo 4 hours ago

I consider upgrading my RME Converters to PrismSound. They sound much better than the RME! But i never saw a Lavry, radar,...

replies: 35 views: 2,152
nudwig 5 hours ago

This new Heritage version of the Audient ASP 8024 really seems like such a wonderful analog mixer. Adding the extra character to...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 12 views: 1,975
Space1999 6 hours ago

Oh how I would love a pair of Amphions, or ATCs, or Kii's or whatever. Thing is, I am unconvinced that I need to spend thousands...

replies: 401 views: 23,013
Bob Olhsson 6 hours ago

I just listened to the new album, and holly s*** what an album! Also, I was mesmerized by his vocals that were popping out of my...

replies: 62 views: 9,579
psycho_monkey 7 hours ago

was this year's Gearslutz moderator annual ski trip. Here's EveAnna Manley (of Manley Labs) from the Geekslutz forum, Thomas...

[email protected]
replies: 8 views: 745
psycho_monkey 7 hours ago

A month ago a producer which is a long time friend and client of mine has challenged me with mixing one of his productions...

replies: 518 views: 20,152
psycho_monkey 8 hours ago

I looked at the UK thread, and the Towersonic seem great, but they may not be available here. Towersonic says RSPE carry them,...

replies: 4 views: 280
elamberth 8 hours ago

Last week a friend took the -i must say- impressive JBL LSR 708i to my mix room and i liked it a lot. I felt i could take good...

replies: 181 views: 23,642
IkennaFuNkEn 8 hours ago

Hello I own a 2016 radar studio and use it in Radar DAW mode. I want to know how I email tracks from the Radar DAW . After I...

replies: 1 views: 305
SKYSGUY 9 hours ago

I purchased a Neve 5465 console with a mixture of 34128 preamp modules and 34149 stereo line modules. I am looking to swap some...

replies: 2 views: 486
UGP 10 hours ago

I am just wondering if anyone out there has a copy or knows where I can get a copy of the Mac SE software to control the Quantec...

replies: 13 views: 1,571
rtype909 10 hours ago

Hi gearslutz community, I am willing to purchase one of these preamps. I´m aiming towards a more colored sound. At the moment...

replies: 26 views: 2,121
MarkyGoldstein 11 hours ago

Hello everybody! If we consider only reverberation, is the quality of the reverb (hall, room, plate) really the same in these...

replies: 3 views: 353
MarkyGoldstein 11 hours ago

Hello. I've been doing some research on this IGS stereo eq unit. It looks pretty cool. I'm just curious if anyone has done a...

replies: 12 views: 671
Twenty Staxx 12 hours ago

Just finalized the custom button layout. So after they bill me, it will be on it's way. I'm going to write a review here after...

replies: 9 views: 869
c1ferrari 15 hours ago

I'm considering a Studer A827 24-track with Dolby SR. The price tag is pretty hefty, $12.5k, but the thing is practically...

replies: 51 views: 7,308
burns46824 16 hours ago

So I have this unit, "The Plex" Tube Echo Chamber, made by the now defunct Rock Hard, Inc. Before it came into my...

replies: 18 views: 8,726
djtomfoolery 17 hours ago

This is a question for MW and i am suprised its never been asked before. Could you talk us through how you mixed some of the...

replies: 34 views: 13,481
drainyoo 18 hours ago

I'm looking for a stereo compressor for my master bus. Running it through an Apogee Rosetta 800. I got a chance to demo a...

replies: 0 views: 170
CPhoenix 18 hours ago

Hello, anyone here compared PSI A21m or A17m with similarly priced ATC SCM20 or SCM12 + good amp? Differences between active and...

replies: 57 views: 4,493
cheu78 18 hours ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

replies: 108 views: 14,332
nomatic 20 hours ago

Hello everyone, Just picked up a used Vari Mu (manufactured in 2015), and I've noticed that when the compressor was in my...

replies: 6 views: 375
joulss 20 hours ago

Hi folk!!! I'm very curious about the Kii three speakers. They seems to be the next big things!!! Have you heard...

replies: 1,351 views: 159,649
Gusss 20 hours ago

Hello everyone Can anyone please post any microphone shootouts microphone comparisons very well recorded videos or audio...

replies: 103 views: 3,861
pentagon 21 hours ago

I would like to hear opinions from people who have experience with these mics.

replies: 34 views: 3,067
pentagon 21 hours ago

Does anyone have any info/experience on these Kerr K300 monitors? The design looks really interesting. Transmission Line...

replies: 2 views: 423
Kerr Acoustic 23 hours ago

Have you done it? What cameras did you use? Share your stories here please. Specifically interested in what cameras you used....

replies: 72 views: 9,285
pentagon 1 day ago

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Burl B32 Vancouver. Right now I'm using a Ferrofish A16 MkII and mixing completely ITB...

replies: 31 views: 1,975
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

I know Tridents weren't really preferred for mixing back in the day, but does anybody know any song or album that was made with...

replies: 0 views: 220
Darius1 1 day ago

Hi. I want to start a collection of analog saturation and distortion tools. From super subtle and high end, to super gritty,...

replies: 617 views: 56,911
Drumhead1957 1 day ago

I know it's supposed to be (I almost hate saying it!) Neve-esque, but which one: 1073, 1272, 1081? Or is it designed base on the...

replies: 81 views: 43,787
Pro5 1 day ago

I started this year with new Bomber B2 ADC. Very impressed!

Mr. Bars
replies: 113 views: 7,555
Drumhead1957 1 day ago

Salutations Slutz, I've been recording on eleven years now and have reached the determination that it's time to go big or go...

Master Moss
replies: 382 views: 20,573
burns46824 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm a bit new to this forum but I have already checked out a lot of threads on this forum. I also know these kind of...

replies: 60 views: 3,460
RubenP 1 day ago

I know this may seem like beating a dead horse, but I'm looking for the most transparent ADC possible. I'm not looking for...

replies: 45 views: 3,101
Rumi 1 day ago

Hi guys, Might be being a but of a dummy about this, but was wondering if anyone here had found an elegant solution to...

replies: 5 views: 293
Glamdring 1 day ago

I just got a preview of something I'm very excited about. A new BeesNeez Tribute series mic based on the Neumann M49 (T4) and...

replies: 34 views: 3,991
jerkrecords 1 day ago

I'm in the market for a new compressor. I was thinking to buy the Drawmer 1968 but I now saw the 1978 and it doesn't look bad at...

replies: 95 views: 20,460
drainyoo 1 day ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search