The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 84,729
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

Don't know what I really feel about this concept of a micpreamp built into the microphone. I can see the point and at the same...

gainreduction
replies: 1,865 views: 170,147
Paul_G 29 minutes ago

so I'm thinking of treating myself to a high end multi pattern microphone, I have narrowed it down to : Neumann U87ai Neumann...

pencilextremist
replies: 25 views: 348
pencilextremist 38 minutes ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 360 views: 52,002
Tony Kamel 48 minutes ago

How similar/different is the sound of an Electro-Voice RE20 to an AKG D20? I'm after the early Beatles 2 mic drum setup (Coles...

Axelorox
replies: 3 views: 167
AlexK 2 hours ago

Currently using Neumann KH120a. Really like the sound of these, and I hear they lean more to the accurate side than flattering,...

fromthepuggle
replies: 46 views: 2,880
TJ99 4 hours ago

Hi guys, I have the money in my account, and I am just one phone call away from ordering a Bricasti M7. I do a lot of jazz...

OwensDrumming
replies: 116 views: 6,482
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

I just bought this online and got it at a very reasonable price. When it arrived to my surprise it was not an AI model but it was...

guitargodmiles
replies: 56 views: 10,975
DarkSky Media 6 hours ago

Considering a pair but a little afraid of the reliability vs Genelec for example. Anyone using them and can share their opinion?...

monitor noob
replies: 1 views: 261
JonnBoy 8 hours ago

I have a Warm Audio WA73EQ it is 1073 clone. I consider it a good preamp, but if I wanted to add something that was more...

Peter Pav
replies: 66 views: 2,003
robert82 9 hours ago

Hi all! I'm beginning to dive into the world of mixing music for Dolby ATMOS format. I've got a 7.1.4 mixing setup here, and...

ShanethP
replies: 26 views: 985
ShanethP 11 hours ago

Hi Everyone, While I am not moving to a desert island, I AM moving to a small tropical island (the island of Sri Lanka) for at...

KD_Banjer
replies: 43 views: 1,797
joeq 11 hours ago

Hey all, Looking for a recommendation for a HiFi and flexible fast release, low ratio, medium attack mastering...

spice house
replies: 24 views: 712
disantlor 11 hours ago

...there was much positive comments on the Clariphonic and I'm tempted to get one. Now some time has passed since the Clariphonic...

Deleted 7ad91e3
replies: 90 views: 24,307
ashmundo 11 hours ago

I was wondering about the Amphion One18. I am using the Hedd type 20. I really like the speakers I am using. But since they are...

spektor
replies: 4 views: 1,238
spektor 12 hours ago

So recently purchased an AEA R88mk2, mic sounded great but was hissy on singer songwriter playing acoustic guitar. Tried pair of...

Dtour
replies: 16 views: 1,793
Oli_W 12 hours ago

Been eyeballing them for a while now Everytime I used the UAD plugin I went meh, the attack is too fast and the release too...

XAXAU
replies: 29 views: 2,760
carloff 13 hours ago

***I redid the test!!! Skip the BS comments and go to post #37 to hear the new Files*** I recently purchased a Rascal Audio...

loveinoctober
replies: 77 views: 15,539
LiveMusicNY 13 hours ago

I just moved into a house with a detached garage and I'm working with a contractor/studio designer to have it converted into a...

homespunaudio
replies: 13 views: 579
SRS 13 hours ago

Amir over at AudioScienceReview has been testing speakers for a while with a state of the art Klippel system. He includes...

syncussion
replies: 115 views: 5,745
dinococcus 15 hours ago

In the market for some nearfields ( under 1200€ ) any user experiences with these models ? I do electronic music, trance / edm...

Sash1980
replies: 2 views: 179
thallsohard 16 hours ago

Hi! I'm more or less new to the whole amp discussion but I currently consider my options for an update of my old Yamaha PC2002....

Kris Pohl
replies: 18 views: 1,314
nat8808 18 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 2,138 views: 284,961
TheHanes 19 hours ago

Hello, kfhkh So, burl ? JCF audio ? Forssell ? Lavry Gold ? Anything new in 2020? Haven't read much on this topic for...

Sybille
replies: 81 views: 5,115
127Riot 19 hours ago

I'm starting to build a hybrid mixing setup, and am wondering about conversion. Since I'm not integrating a console at this...

Nightowl43
replies: 9 views: 339
drBill 19 hours ago

Hey all, anyone else have this issue, or should I return the unit? I've had this unit on back order for months, as the shop...

Deadletteroffice
replies: 2 views: 290
Oldone 20 hours ago

My favourite and fattest tube pre amps are made by Coil. I just wondered why people don't rave about them more. I've never...

Paul_G
replies: 361 views: 38,975
Brent Hahn 20 hours ago

Which one would you choose? Whatever I end up buying, they will be paired with 3 or 4 subs using minidsp to fix room modes. I...

just_manu
replies: 87 views: 4,305
Xnr 20 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 1,369 views: 274,769
JSchlomo 20 hours ago

this is a bit of fun research. at the moment I am making great progress with the design of a passive mastering EQ. the thread...

peter sikking
replies: 16 views: 552
peter sikking 21 hours ago

Hello all! I'm a hobbyist electronic music producer who is slowly building his collection of favorite gear before the prices are...

shebbe
replies: 18 views: 1,959
michael.kroeger 21 hours ago

I have had my ATC 25A’s for the better part of a decade and couldn’t be happier, however I recently changed rooms in my...

PROVIDENCE MUSIC
replies: 4 views: 362
Chuck Moe 23 hours ago

Hi, I found out about this company (Audio Optimum) by looking at high end monitors at Thomann's website. Looks very...

the_mixer
replies: 2 views: 132
the_mixer 1 day ago

Just a quick post... Y’all should definitely buy one of these immediately. I have STAs, LA2As... I have lots... BUT,...

bgood
replies: 50 views: 3,165
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

As a guitarist I would never think of going to a studio and using their stock gear by default. It's one thing to maybe try...

occam
replies: 67 views: 2,096
studer58 1 day ago

Hello! I am considering buying a second hand Telefunken AK47. Asking questions, they told me that the vacuum in these microphones...

dkml
replies: 5 views: 349
kaleida 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
elegentdrum 1 day ago

Anyone have any insight into why across all distributors the Maselec MLA-4 is now marked as "No Longer Available"?...

Byramjoseph
replies: 1 views: 179
ionian 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Superpiano 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,948 views: 247,826
aremos 1 day ago

So I decided to go down this rabbit hole...to find the ultimate chain for recording guitar direct with the intent to re-amp...

Vatraxos
replies: 20 views: 682
Bassmankr 1 day ago

The newest generation of "high-end" mixing headphones (over 1k USD, some near 2k, some with less common approaches like...

fromthepuggle
replies: 6 views: 469
ashmotif200 1 day ago

Hi - I have Vanguard's first two mics and I absolutely love them. I've been looking at picking up a stereo kit of these new V1s....

Dgr
replies: 5 views: 1,269
sanjari 1 day ago

Im interested in how much compression you guys use on distorted rock guitars. How much when tracking? How much when...

popkid
replies: 90 views: 35,848
[email protected] 1 day ago

Hey guys! I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc...

Audiovisjon
replies: 3,665 views: 1,057,029
dotl 2 days ago

Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading or rather sidegrading from the Spectre S8's I have atm which I got slightly before...

Nicked_Wicked
replies: 99 views: 34,829
pasim123 2 days ago

Hey, I'm currently running an Aurora 16 LT-TB for outs (outboard+summing) & the inputs where I track everything through, as...

bs44
replies: 0 views: 155
bs44 2 days ago

I’ve been looking at many LDC’s for mainly vocals and have been fairly impressed with the Soyuz 017 FET. Does anyone have...

Elisionary
replies: 10 views: 529
Elisionary 2 days ago

I have the option of buying one of these two really flamboyant looking preamps. Researching these preamps didn't yield me a...

hmmyourgood
replies: 13 views: 570
hmmyourgood 2 days ago

Hi, We have two Prism Orpheus and a Millennia HV3R (with digital board) as well as an ISA 428 MKII (also with the AD board) plus...

ruby06
replies: 32 views: 3,227
carloff 2 days ago

I've done some searches and haven't been able to really find any comparisons between these two models. Spec wise it just looks...

Obe1
replies: 11 views: 3,730
polarhase 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search