The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This forum is here to talk about high-end equipment and high-end production techniques/discussions. Threads that are not...

Lindell
replies: 7 views: 73,451
Whitecat 23rd January 2015

If you clock to a high end converter that is AD only, would that have any impact on your DA? For example, clocking a Metric...

drockfresh
replies: 4 views: 301
drockfresh 47 minutes ago

I've been eyeing one of these for a year now and, as one of the last purchases for my studio (now 15 years in the making), am...

ripripstabstab
replies: 21 views: 902
ollieneedham 1 hour ago

Dare I post about a $1000 AD/DA converter in the high end section? YES. I have had this converter now for about 3 months and I...

Morgueritual
replies: 3 views: 485
b0se 1 hour ago

Hello, Gearslutz people how are you today? i have the following question in regard to the Aurora 8 n and the db25 line in...

ahrofficial
replies: 1 views: 238
jwh1192 2 hours ago

Lots of people have racked preamp/eq combos they use. I've got vintage preamps in my Ampex AG440. I'm looking to maximize vintage...

fromthepuggle
replies: 4 views: 376
axisdreamer 2 hours ago

So I have the two channel rack Maag eq4m on my mix buss. But I bought a Thermionic Swift Eq this year, figuring I would keep...

AB3
replies: 1 views: 117
ripripstabstab 3 hours ago

Got a U67 and love it, but I can see why people talk about opening up the top end for vocals. Can you share some EQs you’re...

proxy
replies: 46 views: 2,426
Bob Olhsson 3 hours ago
replies: 15 views: 788
jwh1192 4 hours ago

I have to say, after using these monitors for 18months. They don't get anywhere near enough love here or suggestions when people...

orangefridge
replies: 2 views: 506
orangefridge 5 hours ago

Amek Big

Looking for some one to talk to about this console, have some questions. Any help is much appreciated.

Pgraf88
replies: 57 views: 22,792
njsound.com 5 hours ago

Hello everybody, my 2nd post here. I have recently purchased a used D&R Cinemix and I've found a few posts on here were...

ZioGuido
replies: 155 views: 19,572
montoto 6 hours ago

Hey all, Looking to get a couple of stereo EQ:s. The way I mix is usually doing premixing ITB and then sending out through my...

RedMeadow
replies: 17 views: 1,509
Jim Williams 6 hours ago

Don't beat me, but recently I have tried out a Behringer Exciter. :cop: Overall, the unit sounded horribly harsh and not...

airmate
replies: 21 views: 5,047
#19 7 hours ago

I recently purchased a Daking Mic Pre One and I can't get over how awesome this class A pre sounds. Its personally my favorite...

bcgood
replies: 280 views: 25,874
MRAUTOMATIC 7 hours ago

which Virtual Preamps or Channel Strips plugins sound like hardware ? currently I have Slate VMS mic system with the 2 virtual...

TS-12
replies: 5 views: 416
brianellefson 7 hours ago

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well on this Sat morning! I had a question to see if some of you can give some insight. I...

FelizSounds
replies: 0 views: 114
FelizSounds 7 hours ago

Most of all studios have parametric equalizers but no graphical equalizers.. Isn't there any high end Eq?? I love graphical...

bmss
replies: 28 views: 4,666
T9000X 9 hours ago

Hey all - I'm finalizing a big monitor upgrade. I have the chance to get either Focal Twins or Barefoot MM45 for about $2000...

Antagonist
replies: 66 views: 9,682
JblKid95 10 hours ago

Sorry if this is redundant. I would suspect this has been asked before countless times but nothing came up in my search....thanks

fender4593
replies: 934 views: 200,068
b0se 11 hours ago

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a working GML automation v7 system? Our system has lost its NVRAM settings.. and we...

electroaudio
replies: 2 views: 330
electroaudio 12 hours ago

Urei 1178

I get a Urei 1178 in silver from a friend, he want 2000$. Good price? Is this thing sound-wise as good or better as a Purple...

Noise Commander
replies: 35 views: 4,157
ionian 14 hours ago

Anyone know who can do a proper ribbon repair on a beyerdynamic m-160? VK is back logged for repairs. And AEA didn’t have...

South Brokelyn
replies: 5 views: 373
Peller 14 hours ago

Anyone have this by any chance? Modular Channel Stereo — OVERSTAYER Recording Equipment, Inc. I think it’s kind...

gsilbers
replies: 258 views: 29,974
Paul_G 17 hours ago

Hey folks :-) There a some threads of the F.A.P.. But... are here some Flock users, who tested the F.A.P. more / deeper...

noisetaker
replies: 7 views: 419
bzone 19 hours ago

Hi all! I got a great deal on 2 x siemens v72’s w custom diy casing (no output volume knobs). I have had experience using...

Dmtc
replies: 5 views: 416
kmade 21 hours ago

They should actually sound better cause they are 24/96. However there is currently no streaming service that sounds as good as an...

syra
replies: 4 views: 454
syra 21 hours ago

Already set with Manly Variable MU and 2-1176 but want that LA-2A electro-optical sound as a part of the palette. Want it to...

Jack Weaver
replies: 74 views: 22,998
Salty James 22 hours ago

Hi guys, I want to upgrade my studio setup with a comp. I’ve read a lot of treads here on GS with opinions about comps. So I...

J.Ballin
replies: 25 views: 1,031
Bassmankr 23 hours ago

Does anyone own both ELOP+ and the original UA LA 2a and would be soooo kind to share some A-B audio test comparing the two...

J.Ballin
replies: 5 views: 341
J.Ballin 1 day ago

$1,800 CAD seems a bit too good to be true since used U87ais go for somewhere around $2400 CAD. I'm really tempted to get it,...

Dohreetoh
replies: 13 views: 429
dirker 1 day ago

Can anyone provide me with the exact dimensions of the Avocet (II)(a) remote? Best I could find online was: Width 8" =...

Emanuel23
replies: 4 views: 379
Emanuel23 1 day ago

Looking for ideas for a vocal mic. Birthday is coming up and I have the thumbs up for a $10k budget, give or take. I have a...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 50 views: 1,282
thenoodle 1 day ago

Today, I just plugged the Amphion One18 with two Auralic Merak mono block (Hypex UcD with Orfeo Class A module) I love this...

priko
replies: 7,235 views: 1,077,891
JblKid95 1 day ago

How do these sound pre and eq compared to other vintage neve's? Or other vintage console strips racked these days? Searching...

fromthepuggle
replies: 12 views: 500
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hi! Has anybody any experience with the Otari Concept Elite console? We're building a new studio and are looking for a good...

kristoffer
replies: 39 views: 15,275
cliff_s 1 day ago

I got a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C loudspeakers for evaluation and am most certainly buying them after working on them for the...

nomatic
replies: 1,500 views: 163,438
puriteaudio 1 day ago

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone could compare the new Amari with the Dangerous convert 2 and the Solaris ... Thanks space :)

Rolling Stoned
replies: 1 views: 349
Slug1 1 day ago

Hello, We've had a pair of 8351 in our tracking room for a few months and after initial setup and listening, I havent as much...

d3l
replies: 753 views: 99,363
Matti 1 day ago

Dear Gearslutz, After reading all possible posts/forums, I still cant figure it out, thats why I reach out for help. I have a...

Avos88
replies: 11 views: 1,038
frankenstino 1 day ago

Hey all, I’m looking for some advice on a ribbon for vocals. I’m looking at the R10 specifically because of the sensible...

geocities
replies: 0 views: 225
geocities 1 day ago

curious which vintage solid state racked console eq are worth getting. preamps as well, often bundled with eq, but I'm largely...

fromthepuggle
replies: 22 views: 1,040
fromthepuggle 1 day ago

I have researched a lot the last year and really tempted to upgrade to a Matrix from our Focusrite Control 2802 The...

Zebra_PD
replies: 6 views: 804
Wiggy Neve Slut 1 day ago

Hey guys, I've recently ventured into doing stem mastering out of the box and purchased the most "affordable" SSL...

Arnej
replies: 5 views: 601
[email protected] 1 day ago

Am currently toying with the idea of swapping a voxbox for a solid state pre. I have a u67 which i would like to pair up with a...

Fish-Ra!
replies: 37 views: 4,821
Bob Olhsson 2 days ago

I've got 8 vintage Siemens style preamps. I would like to have something to trim the output signal before it hits the converters....

Fugist
replies: 7 views: 339
jwh1192 2 days ago

Been saving for over three years for this moment. But now that we're ready, sure enough, dilemma! We were all set and ready to...

MythUndreamt
replies: 54 views: 2,932
mpr 2 days ago

Hi! I am looking for a qualified tech to repair my H3000 in Canada. On Eventide web site, they list someone in California. It's...

audioluche
replies: 5 views: 319
GreenNeedle 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I've been following you for many years but I've never written on the forum :) Now I would like to ask you for...

Rolling Stoned
replies: 66 views: 5,843
jdunn 2 days ago

Anybody heard them? Seems very extreme. https://www.reflectoraudiousa.com "Reflector Audio is proud to announce the...

ferenc
replies: 3 views: 351
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 days ago

Hey everyone! Im about to pull the trigger on a vintage U87ai from 1986 but wanted the opinions here first on gearslutz.....

ohmz
replies: 13 views: 602
MYN 2 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search